Lancer Corporation is currently hiring an Integration Engineer Technician. Lancer is a leading manufacturer and marketer of beverage dispensing systems serving customers throughout the world. This position is located in the company headquarters in San Antonio, Texas.
Role – Integration Engineer Technician (New Product Development)
Role Reporting – Director of Project Management Department
Job Summary: Responsible for the New Product Introduction (NPI) center to include project build setup, prototype builds, BoM audits/structure review, and post build activities. Understanding of fabrication capabilities and experienced in assembly methods and best practices. Working knowledge of process capability studies. Provide design for Manufacturability best practices to ensure effective prototype to production project launches.
- Coordinate prototype builds within the NPI center.
- Ownership of NPI center and its maintenance/5-S.
- Liaison with Value Stream M.E.’s to understand current assembly methods and integrate best assembly practices.
- Assists in the creation of initial work instructions & visual operator instructions.
- Implements and develops NPI capabilities/equipment within schedule and budgetary parameters.
- Coordinates with the project planner to ensure parts are accessible and organized for project builds.
- Provides engineering support by assisting in the troubleshooting of problems and recommending solutions.
- Reviews and recommends improvements to mechanical drawings and process documentation.
- Assists in developing new processes, methods and tooling for new programs and supervises their assembly and proofing.
- Implements and assists in the development of measures of variances to standards, identifies out of control variances, investigates reasons, and assist in formulating solutions.
- Interacts with fabricators to design and create fixtures, teaching aids, manufacturing tools, component containers, etc.
- Collect and document manufacturability improvements identified during project builds.
- Initial BoM audits during project builds.
- Establish basic build sequence times to aid in the development of routers.
- Conduct end of the line validation testing of new equipment (fitness of use, basic equipment functionality).
- Assist in competitive equipment teardown and provide input on improvement opportunities.
- Collect and collate data as needed by project team.
- Verify/Validate Routes in ERP system for accuracy
- Limited travel required
Key Competences and Skills
- Knowledge of fabrication and assembly techniques (sheet metal, welding, brazing, tube bending, foaming, joining capabilities) and machine shop practices.
- Ability to use hand tools for prototype builds and direct best practices for hand tool usage.
- Capable of efficiently integrating existing methods with new innovations to economically solve production problems in a timely manner.
- Manufacturing drawing interpretation.
- Basic forms of measurements for initial part functionality.
- Working knowledge of basic statistics related to process capability.
- Understanding of standard new product development deliverables and timing of project build requirements.
- Effective communication, verbal & written, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to contribute within a team environment.
- Basic CAD skills.
- Computer skills required: Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and familiarity with manufacturing resource-planning software.
Education & Experience:
- H.S. Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Two year technical degree preferred.
- Manufacturing experience required.
- One year manufacturing leadership preferred (i.e. Quality Technician, Group leader, etc.)
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing processes and problem solving skills including but not limited to fishbone, A-3, 5-Why’s, PDCA, and 5-S.
Indeed - 4 months ago
Lancer is a leading manufacturer and marketer of beverage dispensing systems serving customers throughout the world. Headquartered in San...