Reports To: Manufacturing Engineering Manager, Director and/or to Value Stream Manager
Job Summary: Assist Manufacturing Engineer/Manufacturing Management in the
implementation of manufacturing methods and processes that support product quality and quantity goals and objectives.
- Provides engineering support by assisting in the troubleshooting of problems, monitoring and testing new methods and procedures to ensure system efficiencies.
- Implements’ manufacturing processes within schedule and budgetary parameters.
- Reviews and recommends changes to mechanical drawings and process documentation.
- Implements processes, methods and tooling for new programs and supervises their assembly and proofing.
- Assists in the manufacture of assembly lines, work cells, manufacturing areas, etc.
- Implements and installs equitable work measurement standards.
- Implement measures of variances to standards, identifies out of control variances, investigates reasons, and assist in formulating solutions.
- Interacts with fabricators to create fixtures, teaching aids, manufacturing tools, component containers, etc.
- Collect and collate data as needed by Manufacturing Engineer/Manufacturing Management.
- Interface with other manufacturing departments to address and resolve engineering issues.
- Participates at initiation phase of new product lines.
- Documents procedures for the operation of new or existing equipment by interfacing with line operators, machine operators and material handlers, etc.
- Other responsibilities as needed and assigned.
- Knowledge of Lancer Quality Systems
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowledge concerning Lean Manufacturing, modern fabrication and assembly techniques and machine shop practices.
- Capable of efficiently integrating existing methods with new innovations to economically solve production problems in a timely manner.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Computer skills required: Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and familiarity with manufacturing resource-planning software required, ACAD literacy is a plus.
Education & Experience:
- H.S. Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Some college preferred.
- Two (2) years manufacturing experience required.
- One (1) year manufacturing leadership preferred (i.e. Quality Technician, Group leader, etc.)
Equal Opportunity Employer
Indeed - 17 months ago