Job Title: Network Administrator
Reports to: IT Director
As a member of a team the candidate would be responsible for administration of enterprise LAN and WAN as well as connectivity for remote sites and facilities. Candidate should also have operational knowledge of Virtual Private Networking, Cisco Access Control System (ACS) as well as Microsoft ISA. Secondary responsibilities would also include the management of Windows Servers in a Microsoft Windows 2003/2008 network environment as physical as well as VMWare virtual servers. Candidate will also be responsible for assisting Help Desk with end user support and participate in other IT tasks as needed.
- Maintain and manage Cisco/Juniper Enterprise LAN/WAN
- Manage and audit network security using Cisco ACS and Barracuda firewall
- Plan and participate in network infrastructure refreshes and upgrades
- Work with external communications vendors to ensure 100% uptime
- Maintain and manage Microsoft Windows Servers (user and resource management, install patches and updates, etc.)
- File & Print, Exchange, IIS, Proxy, DHCP, WINS, etc.
- Maintain and manage Citrix 6.0 server farm.
- Maintain and manage VMWare vSphere 5.0 server farm.
- Maintain and manage Exchange 2003.
- Provide troubleshooting of problems at both the user and systems level.
- Independently identify, troubleshoot, document, and replicate user problems.
- Document and track calls using an automated call tracking system.
- Keep users informed on status of open tickets.
- Impromptu user training over the phone.
- Coordinate with other analysts, other support areas, and vendors to obtain problem resolution.
- Perform special projects as assigned.
- Provide off-hours support on a rotational basis.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication, customer service, and problem determination skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot Microsoft operating systems, hardware, and peripherals.
- Must be able to take initiative and work with minimal guidance.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities including good time management skills.
- Must have proven abilities to self-audit with an eye for performance excellence.
Education , Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum 10 years work experience in Information Technology with at least 5 years maintaining networks in a Windows Active Directory environment.
- MCSE certification highly desired.
- Experience with Veeam desired.
- Experience with VWWare 5.0 highly desired.
- Experience with Cisco routers, firewalls, and VPN concentrators
- In-depth technical experience working with PC software, operating systems (Windows XP - 7), PC hardware (Desktops, Notebooks), Software Applications (MS Office 2007).
- Bachelors degree in Information Systems a plus.
Standing, sitting, walking, bending as needed. Using proper lifting technique may be required to lift objects up to 30 lbs. May have to reach for object at or above shoulder height. May be required to operate traditional office equipment including computers, copiers, fax machines and telephones.
Equal Opportunity Employer
If you meet the requirements above, please send resume along with current salary or salary requirements.
Indeed - 30+ days ago
Lancer is a leading manufacturer and marketer of beverage dispensing systems serving customers throughout the world. Headquartered in San...