Lancer Hospitality Employee Reviews

Terrible place to work
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNAugust 13, 2017
It started as a great place to work, unfortunately it appeared they didn't have all the kinks worked out. I was always asked to work doubles, cover everyone else's shifts, and was unable to take days off when I was feeling under the weather. I was given a step up and then not even a couple days later had it revoked for no reason other than I was the only one able to work my shift time and it was temporary. It became permanent.
Pros
Discount
Great Atmosphere
Cashier/Barista (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJuly 28, 2017
Great atmosphere around the college to work. You are always busy and up on your toes continuously. Even over the weekends you will have work to do and will enjoy it.
nice coworkers, seasonal, when its busy it is busy
Bus boy (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 11, 2017
lots of walking around finding stuff to clean. noisy environment, out before 7, part time hours, no tips, taking out HEAVY bags of trash. sometimes have to help with catering events.
Too many managers
Barista / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJune 29, 2017
With the current turn over with management they seem to be lacking communication to train in the new staff on their responsibilities and what is to be expected.
Pros
easy job
Cons
short breaks
i didnt like it
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 20, 2017
terminated my position after working there for 6 months they changed their hours and that was it. I opened the store and that was how they treated me!
Pros
in the hospital, power walking
Cons
no free lunch, horrible customer service, terrible hours
Lancer Hospitality
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 9, 2017
It is a good company to work for. However, I did not like that it is a seasonal job. The pay was pretty good, and the work was fairly simple. It may be a good job for students.
Pros
Dicounted meals.
Cons
Seasonal
The lancer hospitality environment is definetly welcoming to new employees and is a great summer job
Cart Staff (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 29, 2017
I had a blast and wish I was still working there to be completely honest . It was located inside the zoo so both companies would come together and you can only imagine the amount of people I seen and would encounter with everyday. I never had a problem with any of the other employees would recommend this job to anyone
Pros
Free lunches sometimes but a garunteed discount, during breaks you can see the animals
Cons
Fast paced, weather oriented
Fun place to work, great 1st job
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNMay 19, 2017
Got to work at the MN ZOO, get to work outdoors at times, they hire at 14 . Management is very kind and considerate . Many different positions available . Can work many hours if you like
Pros
Can work 40+ hours
Cons
hot/humid outside at times
Would have been fine had I not changed locations
Cook (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMay 14, 2017
Was hired at a zoo location and thrived there, loved the coworkers, boss and the work. My downfall was that when I transferred to a college location in the zoo off season the work environment was a completely different monster.
Laid Back
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNMay 7, 2017
Management was easy going and very understanding with your personal life. Little to no supervision and they are rarely down employees backs and let the employee take control of their stations and run it how they feel comfortable.
Pros
fun job
Cons
high turn over rate
Working at the Zoo
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 2, 2017
I worked as a cashier for Lancer Hospitality at the Phoenix Zoo. As a cashier my job is to take orders, make drinks or help with food occasionally. Easy as pie.
Pros
Being able to see the zoo anmals for free
Cons
No Breaks
Great learning experience
Warehouse Supervisor, Cashier, Cart Lead (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNApril 7, 2017
Great learning experience. It was my first job so it was a great learning experience for me because they taught me everything and that's where I got a lot of my customer service hours and experience in.
Loyal company
Lead Runner (Former Employee) –  Washington StateApril 3, 2017
Worked there for 4 years. Good pay raise opportunities every year and benefits. Seaonal so hours were limited come fall and spring depending on location on work place.
prepared meals for different businesses
Lead Cook (Former Employee) –  Inver Grove Heights, MNMarch 31, 2017
Prepared and cooked meals for a variety of businesses, and then the product was counted, portioned, packaged and delivered to each place with the standards required by MDH.
nice environment
Catering Manager (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTFebruary 28, 2017
Worked nights and evenings in the hall set up for parties in the loveland living aquarium. Very nice and peaceful work environment. Not a schudule for hours. Some weeks there was not an income. Other weeks would have overtime.
Don't work here!!!
Scape goat (Former Employee) –  Mendota Heights, MNFebruary 26, 2017
I was warned prior to accepting this position and I regret it completely. The business has potential but has grown too quickly. Upper management is an absolute mess. I worked at their corporate office and the turnover was so high. Many people fired for no reason.
Cons
Workplace with good initial compensation
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 14, 2017
Lancer is a company new to Texas and is still trying to build roots. The most enjoyable part of working at Lancer were the clientele, who for the most part were kind and courteous. The management is hands-off, which allows a great deal of freedom to grow within a role, but not necessarily the opportunity to advance.
Productive and fast working environment
Phoenix zoo (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 18, 2017
It's a great company to work for especially if it's your first job. It was my first job and I meet a hand full of nice people who helped me grow a lot in the company.
Ok place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 4, 2017
It was a job to earn extra money for the holidays. I worked here for two different seasons first time every thing was great the second time not so much.
Pros
Nice location and some great managers others not so much
Cons
They need to hire some better management
Workplace
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TN 38112November 6, 2016
Lancer Hospitality is a good job. they give you good hours. A typical day is starting at about 9 am and seeing all of the animals at the Memphis Zoo.
Pros
Half price lunch
Cons
Weather depends if you work or not that day