Land O' Lakes

Land O' Lakes Employee Reviews

Management has Infiltrated Union
Driver (Former Employee), TulareJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Pay
Cons: Corruption, tension, secrecy, lies, deception
Pay was adequate. Hours were aweful. Work 12-16 hours with 8 off before another 12-16 hour shift. Treated employees with disdain and zero regard for family life. Tension high always between supervisors and employees. Union has been infiltrated by management.
Very productive facility. Very comfortable.
Adminstrative Coordinator (Former Employee), Burlington, NJJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Good benefits, substantial amount of personal time off, casual dress code
Cons: Stressful, not many holidays
It was a nice place to work. We were an awesome team. Casual dress code which made it very comfortable. Very stressful at times.
No hope for contract employees
Distribution Coordinator (Former Employee), Shoreview, MNMay 29, 2015
Pros: friendly coworkers, adjustable height desks
Cons: no support/recognition for contract employees
I've worked as a contract employee at LOL for 6 months. I switched departments 4 months in to help when another contractor was let go. A permanent position became available in the department that I worked for 2 months. I got the interviews and felt really confident about getting it. They denied me the position because I lack experience. They are now bringing on a completely new employee (we assume - since management won't share anything about who they are other than whispered rumors we hear) that will need to be trained from scratch.
NA
Supply Chain Manager & Operations Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 13, 2015
Overall a great company to work for. Very employee oriented company. I would highly recommend LOL as a company. Very diverse and safe atmosphere. Plenty of opportunity to advance as well as opportunity to relocate.
great place to begin you climb
Manager/Accountant (Former Employee), Rochester, INApril 20, 2015
Pros: smaller office
Cons: not much room for advancement in local area.
Responsible for maintaining relations, answering phone, taking feed orders, training office coordinator to use computerized Batching System Program to make feed, sorting and delivering mail, and setting-up a breakdown system for scheduling feed output to communicate with production managers.Responsible for maintaining inventory levels – ordering and updating perpetual levels in the computerized batching system, system on Lotus 1-2-3 graphs and spread sheets in both Lotus and Excel.
Controlling Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Little Chute, WIApril 16, 2015
Pros: Good Manager, good pay
Cons: Hostile work environment
I would not recommend working there if you have allergies. The place is full of corn dust. The Administrative Assistant is a major controlling person and talks to you like you are dirt. While I was working there the other office person quit because she couldn't work with the other Administrative Assistant. She was so mean to her.
Busy workplace
General Laborer/ Sanitation (Former Employee), Kiel, WIFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: discounted cheese and dairy products
Cons: the overall atmosphere the employees make
Working at a cheese factory is not for someone who wants to work at their own pace. You move as fast as the machines move, and if you don't keep up they don't stop for you. Same thing goes for when you are doing sanitation, you have to be on top of your cleaning cycles otherwise you won't have all the machines clean for production and that is frowned upon immensely.
I learned how to bag blocks of cheese. And clean all the machinery in the cheese plant.
Management there was very pushy, when you saw them around, which was barely ever. Everything had to be their way, even if it wasn't the most efficient when they were around.
Just like most factory settings, Gossip spreads fast and thick. Don't tell anyone anything you don't want everyone to know about.
The hardest part of the job was being told what to do by someone that wasn't trained in sanitation, telling you how to do your job.
most enjoyable part of the job was working sanitation, because you get to work alone, at your own pace for the most part.
Good leadership
Quality Assurance Support (Current Employee), Hicksville, New YorkFebruary 9, 2015
Lots of room for advancement, flexible working schedule, managers that generally really care. Good leadership.They have a great company culture, offer good compensation and benefits, and have amazing career opportunities available. All around good.
Productive & Safe Working Environment
Temp Assignment (Former Employee), Lake City, FLFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: safety luncheon was provided on a monthly basis.
Cons: low pay for the hard work that had to be done-very physical.
As a temp you never feel comfortable as you always feel like every day that you go to work could be your last. There is never any exception to that rule. What I can and will say is that everyone that I worked with I got along very well with and even though I am leaving Land O' Lakes/Purina Mills I certainly wish the very best for all who work there.
long time ago
Co-Lead Teacher (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: too many chilren per classroom
I worked here so long ago only remember how flexible they were with my schooling hours.
fun work place
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: great enviorment to work in
Cons: short breaks
It was always a good day at work. I learned alot of new and interesting things at this job. I loved all of my mangers they was very nice. My co-workers were very nice. There was nothing hard to my job. I liked everything about my job!
Great benefits and pay, horrible work conditions and management.
maintenance technician (Former Employee), Tulare, CAJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: good pay, good benefits
Cons: unnegotiable hours, union is terrible, management is flawed, slave drivers
I would never, ever work for this company again! Management is second rate at best, work conditions are horrible, company morale is depressing!
getting free pizza
Evaporrator Opartator (Former Employee), Denmark, WINovember 28, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: management changed over the years
a typical day at work was an 8 hour shift starting at 4 am
I learned how to work with other employees together
the management was there when need and was friendly
the co-workers were friendly and enjoyable to talk to
the hardest part of the job was working in the heat on hot days
the most enjoyable part was talking to people in the lunch room
Productive and great place to work
Ticket Keyer/ Administrative (Current Employee), Hanford, CAOctober 22, 2014
Great place to work along with great people. Work flow was always consistant and challenging. Management are great people to work around. Very informative and always busy. My co-workers are the best people to work with. The hardest part of my job is when i have and issue due to missing paperwork. But as odd as this sound I very much enjoy the challenge of figuring out the issues.
Human Resources use criminal tactics to discipline
Production worker (Former Employee), Spencer, WIOctober 1, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: poor management. no fairness. no honesty.
Work five to seven days a week year round. Give years of life to the place and they will get rid of you with no remorse at all. Always looking to cut people and at the cost of adding more work to employees that are already working at full capacity. Don't ever trust the human resource department at this location because they are against you in every way. Employees fill out surveys yearly with much emphasis on how horrible the place has become but the surveys go unanswered. Very poor management who would rather get rid of you then to help you. Don't expect to get full time hours for several years if newly hired. You will be scheduled all shifts every week with many third, second, and first shift rotations the same week that take there toll on your well being and family life.
Very productive, and hard working facility.
Assistant (Former Employee), Floirda, all over florida.September 16, 2014
Pros: worked all over the place, and got free lunch.
Cons: it was very hard work and were always working from dusk til dawn.
The days were very fun, we went in and cleaned out forclosed homes, and got them ready for Suntrust to resell them. Overall the people I worked with were very fun and outgoing, and really put their all in the hard work.
Work-life balance is encouraged.
Specification Analyst (Current Employee), Arden Hills, MNSeptember 15, 2014
I had worked here in the past and then returned. It has the small comany feel with big company benefits.
Animal Feed Industry
Inbound Logistics Specialist (Former Employee), Saint Joseph, MOSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: team atmoshphere
Cons: job advancment
I learned much about FIFO, forecasting, logistics, material replentishment and freight negotiation.

Great team environment.
Straight forward working environment.
Accounts Payable Shared Service (Former Employee), Shoreview, MNAugust 15, 2014
Pros: compensation
I processed invoices within the various programs at Land O Lakes and I got to know the ins and outs of their software. Management was laid back and i was able to do my work without having to be checked on or interrupted. The other people in the office were all very helpful and willing to teach me how to do my job. The hardest part was the repetition but the best part of the job was that i was able to do my job well with out being supervised.
Worst place to work! RED TAPE
Credit Analyst (Former Employee), Arden HillsApril 17, 2014
Cons: overworked, short staffed, very poor management including hr.
No advancement opportunities, co-workers and managers lack relevant and/or college education. Lack real corporate experience. Management micromanages too often and will not relinquish control of the credit and financial customer services to the team. Management also does not take ownership to work the problem if issues develop from lack of proper funding. Implemented 3 strikes rule (and your out) to change management process which indicates a discriminatory practice resides with Financial management from top to bottom. HR refused to address this policy and team surveys do nothing to address the issues within Management. Overall there is a real problem with leadership.

They ask you to stay long hours without overtime, and you have to accept humiliations from management without having any protection, respect or care from the HR department.

It is a typical RED TAPE old fashion company!

Stay away!