Land O' Lakes Employee Reviews in United States

Find another job elsewhere
Various Positions (Current Employee) –  Hicksville,New YorkJuly 17, 2016
Rules are not consistent
Unclear expectations
Plant manager uses bullying tactics!
Definately a person with NO CLUE
This office hand picks who they want in various positions and then finds ways to get rid of the people they don't want.
Honesty is a huge problem here!
Definitely a lack of professionalism among so many
Hiring of people with NO SKILLS!
Qa Dept has NO IDEA what their job is
Land o Lakes created this Working Culture by assigning MORONS to Various positions within this facility
SAFETY IS IGNORED WHEN IT SUITS THEM!
Pros
Some good people
Cons
Work hours, no family life.Finger pointing, no one takes responsibility for their actions.No accountability
Good summer job
Pollinator (Former Employee) –  Davis, CAJuly 9, 2016
I worked pollinating corn for 1 summer and made decent money. The job itself was easy but it was mandatory to work everyday. Some days we came in for only a couple of hours..seems like a waste of time when we were told to reserve a full day. It was outdoor work all day long, we're not allowed inside the buildings and had portable bathrooms but no hand wash station. My food spoiled a couple of times from the heat.

The management was less than average. A lot of inconsistencies and favoritism but I met great people and it was definitely an experience. I wouldn't do it again.
Pros
High pay
Cons
Dry summer heat, hours of work vary daily, aggravated allergies
No direction from senior management.
Management (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNJune 17, 2016
Senior management very antagonistic towards people not in their clique. Doing a great job doesn't mean you will be around. As companies are bought up and merged, doesn't matter how great you are, if they want you out, you are gone. Reminds me of cliques in high school. Company asks you to be tolerant, but if you aren't a minority, then better keep your head down and mouth shut. Very discouraging after having a great career most of my life.
Pros
Job is challenging
Cons
Pay does not compensate for what is expected. Health care is terrible.
Legally questionable practices
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Black River Falls, WIJune 8, 2016
Rules are not consistent
Unclear expectations
District manager and Plant manager use bullying tactics
Honesty is a huge problem here!
Definitely a lack of professionalism among so many.
Employment practices need to be investigated at this location.
You might want to live under a bridge before working here!
Pros
Cons
Work dissatisfaction among various personalities
Good pay not so great environment
summer field worker (Former Employee) –  Davis, CAJune 23, 2016
I was hired through a labor agency for the summer of 15 as a corn pollinator. It was a lot of field work and it was about 7 hour days 7 days a week. The money was good the job was easy but the organization was a joke. The "crew leaders" were anything but professional. Sometime we stood around waiting and got paid for it. It is good for a summer job.
Pros
High hourly pay
Cons
Work in the heat
Terrible job
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAMarch 31, 2016
Stay away from this one!! Low pay for what they expect, not enough maintenance people on a shift to do job, very unsafe workplace and safety culture, a lot of drama.
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
They schedule weekends, you change your plans, then they cancel weekend work, maintenence manager is a fruitcake, hires people as tech 3, then tells them they are actually a tech 4 so you have to study to get to what you started at, then no progression pay for over a year
was a good place to work
laborer (Former Employee) –  Mount Holly Springs, PAMay 3, 2016
stacking skids,learned about butter, management didn't really know ,co workers were nice, 12 hr days 4 20 min. breaks ,going home it was all work no play everyone had their own job and stayed busy meeting new people had no pool table,ping pong table,i was only there month family issues
Pros
hours
Cons
12 hr days
A Good Dairy Facility
Safety & Security Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tulare, CAApril 21, 2016
A very well run facility that has passionate employees. Managers were friendly and off site everyone was like family. A large facility with different businesses, it was challenging and a great learning experience for me.
Good company, but inconsistent attitudes toward people.
Supply Chain Analyst (Former Employee) –  Arden Hills, MNFebruary 3, 2016
The company has a strong age bias; younger workers are given more opportunities for training and advancement. The age demographics of the Land O'Lakes workforce do not match the age demographics of the Twin Cities area.
Pros
Compensation is fair
Cons
inconsistent treatment of employees
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDApril 25, 2016
I loved working with the people there. My boss never took care of problem people. I liked what I did. I also did not care for the hours in the spring,
Pros
People
Cons
Long hours in the spring
Great place to work.
Midwest Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Arden Hills, MNJuly 13, 2016
Very organized company that provided go to market strategies and supported the efforts that include the distributor, broker and operator.
I love this
Warehouse, Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 1, 2016
I haven't gotten a job yet from this site but I'm pretty sure I will get a good permanent job. I have heard from plenty of people that this site is great.
Management needs work
Operator/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Union Center, WIJanuary 27, 2016
Good place to work if you can get past the point if the management doesnt want employees around from businesses they bought. they will target them and slowly fire them
Great pay, horrible onboarding and work/life balance
Greenhouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Davis, CASeptember 30, 2015
I worked for this company less than a year in a management position. It was probably the worst experience of my career. Little to no training and unclear expectations created friction with the facility manager. Continual bad mouthing of previous employees, and an atmosphere of favoritism, led to high anxiety and hostility within the station. Competition and infighting between the alfalfa and corn managers was a source of unrest almost daily.

If you want to work extremely long hours and every weekend, with absolutely no appreciation or positive feedback, this is the place for you. If you have a family and value work/life balance steer clear.
Pros
Pay
Cons
poor management, zero work/life balance
Great company
Operations Manager, MBB (Current Employee) –  Carlisle, PAJanuary 28, 2016
Different business model with co-op but a great company with excellent benefits. I enjoyed interactions with farmer owners and corporate office.
management sucked
Pellet Mill Operator (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MINovember 14, 2015
I worked here for years before Land O Lakes took over, it went downhill steadily. Poor leadership, played employee favoritism, no team atmosphere, unsafe environment.
Pros
It was a paycheck
Cons
Dirty, no management, no team atmosphere
Productive and Easy Going
CSR warehouse clerk/light industrial (Current Employee) –  Tontitown, ARAugust 10, 2015
A typical day starts out fast paced, is very routine and organized.
I have learned multi-phone lines, research engines advanced status. The management was very knowledgable and worked well with employees, co-workers were very friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job was rude customers, the most enjoyable was regular customers who enjoyed talking and joking with you.
Pros
Relaxed enviroment, friendliness
Cons
Rude customers
Great company with clear values
Business Development Services (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 9, 2015
Land O'Lakes Inc had a clear mission and values; however, it was not enforced in the portion of the company that I worked in. I worked for a very small group with many cliques that I just didn't fit into. Overall, the benefits were great and flexible, but I think my specific group was poorly managed and lacked organizational structure.
Challenging work environment
EHS Manager (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAAugust 11, 2015
The location is the largest milk processing plant in the East Coast.
It had grown significantly in their productivity but the wastewater management had not been modified to absorb such growth. A typical day at work meant dealing with environmental exceedances and working with authorities to reach an agreement on how to improve the facilities to adequately manage wastewater treatment needs.

Coworkers needed to be educated and re-educated on safe work practies to reduce environmental impact.

Hardest part of the job: protecting the environment and highly protected trout stream.

Most enjoyable part of the job: training employees and achieving change in their behaviors
Pros
Working hand in hand with Production, Quality, other departments for a common goal Location achieved GFS Certiciation.
Cons
Environmental challenges. Traveling to Ohio to support the other location.
Management has Infiltrated Union
Driver (Former Employee) –  TulareJuly 30, 2015
Pay was adequate. Hours were aweful. Work 12-16 hours with 8 off before another 12-16 hour shift. Treated employees with disdain and zero regard for family life. Tension high always between supervisors and employees. Union has been infiltrated by management.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Corruption, tension, secrecy, lies, deception

2.7