Land O' Lakes Employee Reviews

great place to work
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INFebruary 16, 2017
great place to work.they have great benifits and its fast pace and long hours. If you like learning and motivated. the people are friendly and will help if you need help
Depends on what plant you work at
PSM Specialist (Current Employee) –  Melrose, MNFebruary 10, 2017
Land O' Lakes is a good place to work at but it depends on what plant you work at. some plant are amazing and others are extremely challenging, especially if your not from the area.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Dairy industry
Great company to work for.
Milk Tanker Driver (Former Employee) –  Tulare, CAJanuary 29, 2017
I enjoyed my employment with Land O' Lakes in Central California. This company compensated their employees well. They offered great benefits and retirement.
Poor communication and expectations of the workers
HTST (Former Employee) –  Kent, OHJanuary 23, 2017
Majority of management is more concerned about nothing but the numbers, regardless of the workers and the level of effort they put into it. Many of the jobs here are completely overwhelming due to the fact they combined multiple previous jobs into 1 new job.
Learned a few ideals channeling GMP's and such, but the rule bending when it benefits the company and management doing it vs employees doing it, is quite confusing and really annoying.
Having to work forced overtime on Christmas eve instead of being home with my family is absolutely ridiculous, as well as new years eve and other holidays.
This was a good place to work. Great Benefits
Data Integration Developer (Former Employee) –  Arden Hills, MNJanuary 17, 2017
My co-workers were great to work with. I picked up extensive knowledge in Oralce PL/SQL programming. The management was ok. They had a lot of systems on different platforms and versions, that made it difficult to exchange information between the systems.
Pros
Good Benefits. Great co-workers.
Cons
Different systems between the IT areas made it challenging.
'Minnesota Nice'
Plant Manager III (Regional Manufacturing Leader) (Current Employee) –  Ames, IAJanuary 2, 2017
Land O'Lakes is a very comfortable place to work, with management who listens, decision making at appropriate levels and commitment to a culture of personal respect. The Minnesota Nice concept is taken (almost) to a fault in that accountability does not always follow poor performance. Great things can be accomplished toward the corporate goal of feeding the world; providing personal opportunity and fulfillment.
Pros
Mid-level decision making, respectful work environment, excellent benefits
Cons
very risk averse corporate policies, silos between business units limits advancement
Land O' Lake - MENA/Egypt
Value Chain Analyst Volunteer/Consultant (Former Employee) –  Six of Octomer, EgyptDecember 18, 2016
Great project, great people and great food. Land O' lake Egypt was great experience and fun filled. Studying the agricultural value chain and sweet potato production system is complex and fulfilling to decipher and map out.
Regional and National account sales
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 6, 2016
Excellent company with great opportunities. Sales and Sales Management over 12 years with excellent results. I had 10 staff and $10M of sales to manage. Prepared budgets, forecasts and managed P&L with fact based metrics plan.
Pros
great company
Cons
they wanted me to relocate to Iowa
Terrific Purpose
Manager (Current Employee) –  Arden HillsNovember 22, 2016
Land O'Lakes is a terrific company with great work life balance. It's company purpose is very motivating and it makes working there bearable given the limited advancement opportunities.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
limited advancement
Fun and productive work environment
Summer Maintenance Mechanic and whey plant bagger (Former Employee) –  Kiel, WINovember 21, 2016
This was a very easy place to work. Got along with everyone. The management was very helpful and understanding if there was a problem.
Not a fun place
Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Tulare, CANovember 14, 2016
Production work milk and butter, management not behind it's employees', co-workers are great, Company always trying to find ways to fire people instead of helping them.
Fortune 500
Packaging Planner (Former Employee) –  Shoreview, MNNovember 11, 2016
Co-op company owned by farmers. Three divisions, advancement is available in all areas. Connections matter here and each location has a different culture.
I loved working for Land O' Lakes
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Arden Hills, MNNovember 8, 2016
I enjoyed volunteering for the many opportunities the Company offered. They are very generous with giving to the Community. Every one I trained with was very kind.
Plenty of opportunities for advancement
Now), Hands and eyes for the technical staff (Former Employee) –  Arden Hills, MNAugust 24, 2016
Loved my co workers, my trainer was Awesome...very knowledgeable and patient. Company has a community garden and gives to the food shelves.
Find another job elsewhere
Various Positions (Current Employee) –  Hicksville,New YorkJuly 17, 2016
Rules are not consistent
Unclear expectations
Plant manager uses bullying tactics!
Definately a person with NO CLUE
This office hand picks who they want in various positions and then finds ways to get rid of the people they don't want.
Honesty is a huge problem here!
Definitely a lack of professionalism among so many
Hiring of people with NO SKILLS!
Qa Dept has NO IDEA what their job is
Land o Lakes created this Working Culture by assigning MORONS to Various positions within this facility
SAFETY IS IGNORED WHEN IT SUITS THEM!
Pros
Some good people
Cons
Work hours, no family life.Finger pointing, no one takes responsibility for their actions.No accountability
Great place to work.
Midwest Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Arden Hills, MNJuly 13, 2016
Very organized company that provided go to market strategies and supported the efforts that include the distributor, broker and operator.
Good summer job
Pollinator (Former Employee) –  Davis, CAJuly 9, 2016
I worked pollinating corn for 1 summer and made decent money. The job itself was easy but it was mandatory to work everyday. Some days we came in for only a couple of hours..seems like a waste of time when we were told to reserve a full day. It was outdoor work all day long, we're not allowed inside the buildings and had portable bathrooms but no hand wash station. My food spoiled a couple of times from the heat.

The management was less than average. A lot of inconsistencies and favoritism but I met great people and it was definitely an experience. I wouldn't do it again.
Pros
High pay
Cons
Dry summer heat, hours of work vary daily, aggravated allergies
I love this
Warehouse, Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 1, 2016
I haven't gotten a job yet from this site but I'm pretty sure I will get a good permanent job. I have heard from plenty of people that this site is great.
productive long hours
Line attendant (Former Employee) –  Kiel, WIJune 25, 2016
a typical day at work was not knowing alot about the product .What i learned was the work was fast paced. Management wasn't that great.Co workers good and helpful. the hardest part of the job was the heavy lifting of #40 blocks of cheese and supplying the packing line with enough cheese for the shift of work. working 10 to 12 hours was also hard and working 3rd shift.
Pros
it was a good first job.
Cons
job lose and plant closing
Good pay not so great environment
summer field worker (Former Employee) –  Davis, CAJune 23, 2016
I was hired through a labor agency for the summer of 15 as a corn pollinator. It was a lot of field work and it was about 7 hour days 7 days a week. The money was good the job was easy but the organization was a joke. The "crew leaders" were anything but professional. Sometime we stood around waiting and got paid for it. It is good for a summer job.
Pros
High hourly pay
Cons
Work in the heat

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Land O' Lakes. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9