Landair Transport

Landair Transport Employer Reviews

Working Hard to Correct Driver Concerns
On-Road Safety Manager/Professional Driver (Current Employee), Greeneville, TNApril 14, 2013
Pros: secure employment
Cons: driver recognition
Recently, Landair Transport has recognized that some of the Driver's concerns have went unanswered AND unresolved. Currently, there is a Companywide effort to identify these concerns and to get EVERYONE onboard to resolves these issues. It will take some time and effort to address these problems, but a seasoned team of both Drivers and Managers is being – more... assembled to tackle these problems. As a Driver, expectations of a successful company should be HIGH and Landair Transport IS COMMITTED to being a 5-STAR Carrier for its Drivers.

I am writing this review as both a Driver and a Mananger. I am a 31-year veteran driver with the past 12-years being logged in at Landair Transport. Landair has given me the opportunity to work as an On-Road Safety Manager as part of the effort to connect with the Drivers. As a driver with Landair, I can fully relate to the problems that drivers face each day and it is my passion to help make things better for our drivers by helping the Management Team better understand legitimate complaints.

Is Landair Transport a 'perfect' trucking company..? No, it is not, BUT there is a majority of folks in the Corporate Office that truly want it to be, AND believes that we can be the ABSOLUTE BEST choice for Drivers who want to make a good living driving east of the Mississippi River.

Driving in today's Trucking enviroment is difficult, at best, but is not impossible. Likewise, addressing Driver's concerns at Landair will not be easy at times, BUT I can see that IT IS POSSIBLE and that there is a commitment from the leaders within the Corporate Office to address legitimate Driver issues.

I often ask drivers, "...how do you eat an Elephant..?" Of course the answer to that, is, "..one bite at a time.." So, as Landair begins to tackles these problems head-on, I am encouraged for us all!

Now, let me end this review by highlighting some of Landair Transport's BEST qualities:

1. Competitive Pay & Benefits
9. COMPANYWIDE Committment to the Driver's SAFETY
10.Open Door Policy for HELP and ASSISTANCE for Drivers – less
company is terrible
operations manager (Former Employee), greeneville, tnMarch 24, 2013
Pros: can't think of any
Cons: poor managers. no respect to employees
Managers, VP's, and owner all fight and are only there to make themselves look good, not interested in the company or employees. Treat drivers and office workers like piece of trash. Love to have driver sit while managers laugh in the office. I know this because I used to wok there but left because they have no values.

happyemployee10 – April 9, 2013

I have been with this company for 10+ years and it is a great place to work . No one fights to make themselves look good and i have never seen anyone laugh when a driver has to sit. That makes no sense--- when a driver sits it costs the company money too!!! We are all on the same team ---drivers, managers, office employees, vp's and owners.

Decent place to work.
Professional Driver (Former Employee), Greeneville, TNMarch 20, 2013
Pros: benefits, home-time
Cons: sit-time
A decent place to work. The most enjoyable part of ths job is; driving and home-time. The least enjoyable part of the job is; the sit-time.
Fun yet hard working
Customer Service Representative / Fleet Manager (Former Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 22, 2012
Landair is full of good people to work with and every single day was a challenge. There was a lot of problem solving that needed to be done and a lot of communicating with customers.
Actions speak louder................
Driver (Former Employee), Hartsville,SCFebruary 26, 2012
Pros: good pay rate. fairly good equipment.
Cons: dispatchers no trucking background, more on-duty time than driving time
The company has good concepts, but give you no support to reach goals. Dispatchers fight among themselves, hand you their mess to fix then cant be reached. Upper management will always side with dispatchers even if they are wrong.