Landair Employee Reviews

Working Hard to Correct Driver Concerns
On-Road Safety Manager/Professional Driver (Current Employee) –  Greeneville, TNApril 14, 2013
Recently, Landair Transport has recognized that some of the Driver's concerns have went unanswered AND unresolved. Currently, there is a Companywide effort to identify these concerns and to get EVERYONE onboard to resolves these issues. It will take some time and effort to address these problems, but a seasoned team of both Drivers and Managers is being assembled to tackle these problems. As a Driver, expectations of a successful company should be HIGH and Landair Transport IS COMMITTED to being a 5-STAR Carrier for its Drivers.

I am writing this review as both a Driver and a Mananger. I am a 31-year veteran driver with the past 12-years being logged in at Landair Transport. Landair has given me the opportunity to work as an On-Road Safety Manager as part of the effort to connect with the Drivers. As a driver with Landair, I can fully relate to the problems that drivers face each day and it is my passion to help make things better for our drivers by helping the Management Team better understand legitimate complaints.

Is Landair Transport a 'perfect' trucking company..? No, it is not, BUT there is a majority of folks in the Corporate Office that truly want it to be, AND believes that we can be the ABSOLUTE BEST choice for Drivers who want to make a good living driving east of the Mississippi River.

Driving in today's Trucking enviroment is difficult, at best, but is not impossible. Likewise, addressing Driver's concerns at Landair will not be easy at times, BUT I can see that IT IS POSSIBLE and that there is a commitment from the leaders within the Corporate Office to address
  more... legitimate Driver issues.

I often ask drivers, "...how do you eat an Elephant..?" Of course the answer to that, is, "..one bite at a time.." So, as Landair begins to tackles these problems head-on, I am encouraged for us all!

Now, let me end this review by highlighting some of Landair Transport's BEST qualities:

1. Competitive Pay & Benefits
7. EZ Pass Equipped Trucks
8. COMPANYWIDE Committment to the Driver's Success
9. COMPANYWIDE Committment to the Driver's SAFETY
10.Open Door Policy for HELP and ASSISTANCE for Drivers
Pros
secure employment
Cons
driver recognition
Challenging but yet fulfilling at days end
Material Flow Coordinator/Quality Tech (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIAugust 10, 2012
I would first start the day by running several material reports, making sure that my material drivers and parts chasers were setup. Collecting all Kanbans to scan thru then running another report to check on inventory levels and Gators that were set for the days run. Work with John Deere employees on material issues that we are dealing with at the time. Afternoon I would work on inventory counts, dunnage that would be sent back to vendors and other issues that would arise. Throughout the day work on answering e-mails that came thru John Deere Buyers, Engineers, Material Coordinators, Line Supervisors and Managers.
Pros
the position that i had was challenging and extremely busy and i really enjoy that.
Cons
i really enjoyed my job so i would have to say that i don't have any cons
your just another number on the payroll
spotter (Former Employee) –  ardmore oklahomaSeptember 18, 2014
I worked in ardmore oklahoma spotting trailers on receiving docks for michilen tires the work part of the job was super great the supervisors was on the other hand not very great people we're treated poorly even when they were doing a good job i had 3 checks that were shorted on hours and it would take three weeks to get paid back from mistakes they would make and know this $15 dollars an hour is max pay you will never grow in pay or position but hey if you like to punch a time clock and be home every night day after day after day this is the job for you
Pros
great employees
Cons
poor management and supervisors
Questionable work place
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Greenville, TnAugust 6, 2014
A typical day at work includes; the normal pre,post,and enroute inspections.Loads are dispatched as usual,however the area of driver support is lacking.I have learned that conclusions are drawn without investigated procedures? The job is not difficult for the average tractor trailer driver, however improvement in dispatch legalities is needed. Now days drivers have designated onduty time and drive time. Zip code area to actual drive area is entirely different. Upon exiting the company I found driver beware. A bus ticket was arranged for my arrival home; However the distance of the bus ride was over 80 miles shy of my actual residence.Driver beware.I could not find an area of enjoyment.
Revolving door of temporary employees paid low wages
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIFebruary 25, 2014
Landair is contracted by John Deere to assemble and ship Gator type vehicles. Management is unorganized and has little concern for the employees. Wages are low and work hours are never consistent. Work 2 hours one day and 10 hours the next day. No work would be scheduled for the weekend and you find out on Friday afternoon that you must work Saturday and Sunday. Temporary employees are revolving through the door on a daily basis.
Pros
nice building to work in
Cons
inconsistent hours, low wages, poor management, little concern for employees personal life.
Its a job basically
Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  Hartsville,SCFebruary 23, 2015
Landair promises the world and delivers nothing.. Promise advancement but give you nothing.. Operations Manager is a trained puppet with strings being pulled by the higher ups. No respect for drivers.. Load Planners have no clue where anything is ? Sending trucks crossing paths everyday.. Lowest paying Trucking company in the area by far..
Pros
steady paycheck
Cons
poor managment, no respect, opinion is not heard much less valued...
Not as promising as told
Regional Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Greeneville, TNApril 24, 2015
The money is good, the miles are plentiful, but the equipment is complete trash.....over 30 trucks in the shop. Fleet managers are unorganized. I used to get home the day I put in for. Now I go home 1-2 AFTER I the requested home time and end up working during my home time. Won't be long before I let this go
Pros
Good pay some friendly staff
Cons
raggedy trucks, unorganized fleet managers
company is terrible
operations manager (Former Employee) –  greeneville, tnMarch 24, 2013
Managers, VP's, and owner all fight and are only there to make themselves look good, not interested in the company or employees. Treat drivers and office workers like piece of trash. Love to have driver sit while managers laugh in the office. I know this because I used to wok there but left because they have no values.
Pros
can't think of any
Cons
poor managers. no respect to employees

Comment – April 9, 2013

I have been with this company for 10+ years and it is a great place to work . No one fights to make themselves look good and i have never seen anyone laugh when a driver has to sit. That makes no sense--- when a driver sits it costs the company money too!!! We are all on the same team ---drivers, managers, office employees, vp's and owners.

Actions speak louder................
Driver (Former Employee) –  Hartsville,SCFebruary 26, 2012
The company has good concepts, but give you no support to reach goals. Dispatchers fight among themselves, hand you their mess to fix then cant be reached. Upper management will always side with dispatchers even if they are wrong.
Pros
good pay rate. fairly good equipment.
Cons
dispatchers no trucking background, more on-duty time than driving time
Terrible place to work
Counter associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, vaSeptember 15, 2015
Management is poor they do not care about most employees. High turnover rate. In Richmond Virginia. Overall terrible place to work for don't waste your time with this one. Bring in friends and everyone else is left stuck in the same position.
Pros
Paid for lunch breacks
Cons
So favortisom, management doesn't work
Landair was a fun place to work, I am just seeking a place to further advance.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Greenville, TNJanuary 9, 2014
I had fun working there as a driver, but I need to work somewhere that I can advance further in the business instead of being a driver. I have obtained a degree and wish to use my degree in this business as a Safety Director.
Pros
meet different clients
Cons
too long to unload and reload
no room for advancement
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Janesville, WIOctober 22, 2015
Wouldn't recommend this job only work 3 hours a day before sent home company tends to run out of parts on a daily basis I say the best part of the jobs is you have a lot of down town.
fun and stressful place to work
Frieght Biller (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, ILJune 10, 2014
answering phones taking orders billing out shipment as they came in.
the difference in billing freight and rail along with air shipment and hazmat. co workers kept to themselves.there was no part that was the hardest the job was good. earning a paycheck
Pros
2nd shift
like driving trucks
Driver (Current Employee) –  Greeneville, TNSeptember 2, 2015
like going home, I get up and get my load and take it to get it unloaded, or drop and hook. And I do not see the other two drivers. The most thing I like about my job is I start early and get off early, and I am salary.
just a number
forklift (Former Employee) –  Ardmore OklahomaAugust 7, 2015
Management is poor they do not care about any employe. High turnover rate. In ardmore oklahoma. Overall terrible place to work for don't waste your time with this one
Pros
Cons
everything
Fun yet hard working
Customer Service Representative / Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 22, 2012
Landair is full of good people to work with and every single day was a challenge. There was a lot of problem solving that needed to be done and a lot of communicating with customers.
Challenging and ever changing workplace
Dedicated Regional Planner (Current Employee) –  Hartsville, SCAugust 11, 2014
On an everyday basis you find yourself faced with new circumstances and opportunities for success. Very focused on Safety compliance and adherence to policies and procedures.
Pros
potential for growth
Cons
Productive and well trained staff.
Quality Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Janesville, WIJanuary 12, 2014
Overall this is a well established company to work for. They keep a diverse group of people and the management staff is very smart and have excellent knowledge about the operations.
Pros
attendance bonuses
great place to work
OTR Driver (Current Employee) –  Hartsville, SCJuly 27, 2015
great people and company ....needed a position closer to home. Management met the needs of employees and was always there.
Pros
great pay
Cons
short home time
Decent place to work.
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  Greeneville, TNMarch 20, 2013
A decent place to work. The most enjoyable part of ths job is; driving and home-time. The least enjoyable part of the job is; the sit-time.
Pros
benefits, home-time
Cons
sit-time

2.8