Landair Employee Reviews

Good place overall
Stockroom Associate (Current Employee) –  Chester, VAFebruary 3, 2018
Partnership: We roll up our sleeves when given the opportunity to tackle your supply chain challenges. We look for ways to add value and reduce costs. We solve problems you never knew existed. We communicate consistently.
Performance: We make your supply chain work harder and smarter. We perform at the highest industry standards. Then we strive to deliver service beyond performance.
Passion: We love what we do and we do it well. We bring a spirit of ingenuity to everything we do. And we’re always thinking on your behalf.
Fast-paced and competitive
PC and Network Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greeneville, TNFebruary 1, 2018
You are kept busy so time goes fast. I worked at LandAir many years ago when the company was smaller...so things may have changed immensely since I worked there. So, I really cannot say what it is like to work there today.
Pros
Fast paced and time passes fast
Cons
Competitive
It is a great company to work for.
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCNovember 28, 2017
LandAir is a great company to be apart of. The atmosphere is very welcoming. Every one that I I was able to meet were down to earth and easy to get along with.
great place to work
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Greeneville, TNNovember 21, 2017
landair was a good place to start your career in trucking.
the driver managers try to work with you on your loads
and give you the option to purchase items for your truck.
Good place, but poor communication
Owner Operator/Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Greeneville, TNSeptember 26, 2017
Landair is an alright place to work. Communication could be a 1000% better. Had a few problems with dispatch that could have been avoided if the dispatcher would have simply told the truth. Dispatchers MUST understand that telling a driver the truth is MUCH better than telling a lie because a driver will have your back more if he/she knows their dispatch is honest.
Pros
Alright at times
Cons
Poor communication
There is no opportunity for growth.
Stock Room Assoiciate (Current Employee) –  Chester, VAAugust 27, 2017
A typical day at work would consist of receiving packages from off of the vendors truck using a forklift and placing the items in stock. Issue parts out of stock to maintenance using computer SAP system.
Pros
Breaks on the clock
Cons
No cons
Dedicated Driver (Former Employee) –  Greeneville, TNAugust 25, 2017
I give Landair 4 stars. I made lots of friends working there. Operations were friendly and outgoing. I would go back to work for them anytime. Always listened.
good company to work for
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Greenville, TNJune 30, 2017
Job was easy, OTR a lot... management made sure I had home time. Company overall good to work for. No insurance coverage. Made sure my deliveries was on time.
Pros
home time
Cons
OTR alot
Great Company
Director of Safety and Training (Current Employee) –  Greeneville, TNApril 27, 2017
The people at Landair are amazing to work with and are in the business to help solve problems. This company strives to make the driver position the most important of the company.
Pros
compensation
Cons
n/a
Amazing Place to Work
N/A (Current Employee) –  Greeneville, TNApril 26, 2017
From the people, to the management, to the culture, Landair is amazing! The culture is fun and fosters learning, teamwork and growth. Leaders here are always encouraging and helping you to achieve your professional goals. Couldn't be more happy to come to work everyday!
Pros
Colleagues, Culture, Benefits
Cons
I liked my job and the employees i worked with
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIMarch 9, 2017
A typical day at work was me starting up the line with an ATV Gator at the first station putting parts on the unit. I learned how to assemble ATV Gators. Management needs improvement. The hardest part of the job opening and closing of the racks that the Gators were on. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with good people.
Pros
Potlucks
Cons
Picking up trash outside to get your 8 hours.
Horrible company to work for...
Driver (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNFebruary 25, 2017
A lot of false promises. Trucks are pathetically slow and under-powered. Breakdown dept is horrible. If you breakdown expect to sit on the side of the road for several hours. If you don't report mechanical issues you could get written up and suspended, but when you do report problems it takes several breakdown reports to get the mechanics to fix the problem. If you have a minor problem with your truck, breakdown usually tells you that it'll get fixed next time the truck goes into service and when it goes into service it doesn't get fixed. Then you have to waste your time and money to go back to the shop to get them to do what they should have done in the first place.
Pros
The office crew in Kingsport. They were great!!!
Cons
Breakdown dept, upper management, equipment..
Worst job I ever had
Truck driver (Former Employee) –  Columbus OhioJanuary 25, 2017
No load no miles no money they ask you to run eligle all the time if you do money is there you don't you get no loads that pay unorganized rude people and I would not refer anyone to work there just a awful company
Pros
If you run eligle make money
Cons
Everything about the company
Good Company to work for
Over the Road Driver (Former Employee) –  Greeneville, TNDecember 28, 2016
Good miles if you want to work, if your lazy you will be compensated for that. Work hard. Left because of home life. Need more home time, Truck its not for everyone
Productive, fun and safe environment.
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIAugust 1, 2016
I learned that building things aren't hard as long as you have a great instructor. Landair provided a great hands on experience for me.
Pros
Great workers
Cons
Unpaid breaks
Horrible place to work for.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OKJuly 23, 2016
I was a forklift driver in the Ardmore facility that handled Michelin products....you aren't allowed to make ANY mistakes in your learning process....if you do...it's immediate termination....I was employed 5-6 months and in that time I had an EXTREME family emergency that called for me to leave middle of my shift and miss the next day.....which I add was.the only discrepancy I had at all....upon returning next shift I was informed I had been terminated.....NO REASON,NO EXPLANATION,nothing.... the management team are completely biased and favor employees greatly....they have such a huge turnover rate....4-5 people came and went on my shift alone...I literally was worried about losing my job for every little tiny thing wrong.....
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
EVERYTHING other than weekly pay
lots of talk
driver (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJuly 19, 2016
Was told $200 a day average not if you're on nights I asked for more work and there isn't any we were told we would have our own truck but I was bounced around cleaning up each truck there's no maintenance system is place for the trucks and bad communications between office people and drivers
Pros
the other drivers were very nice and helpful
Cons
money
fork truck driver
Fork Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  JasnesvilleApril 10, 2016
awesome job it is fast paced and it is fun and great hours. the management Is there to help and the on the job training is a great part of this job.
Pros
hours are good
Cons
not much room for advancment
Fleet Manager/Dispatcher / Load Planner (Current Employee) –  Hartsville, SCApril 1, 2016
I enjoy every day at my job. Our drivers are great to deal with. The management is great and will support you to grow in your position. Sonoco Account Manager is a great guy and a very hard worker. I'm glad to be here,
Pros
Ever changing workload.
Cons
Weekends required
work
Driver (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCMarch 29, 2016
They need to be more clearer about job duties and times. My schedule has been different each day. If they were more truthful, they would be better.