Landauer Metropolitan Employee Reviews

Independent work
Billing/Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, NYJuly 26, 2015
You were in charge of how you worked out your day to day. Everyone made the place feel like family. The events were fun and birthdays were cool. I miss working there.
Pros
The staff.
Cons
The commute.
Company bought out by a Management Corporation
Accounts Receivable Representative (Former Employee) –  Great Neck, NYMay 29, 2015
Used to be a great place to work. Easy job with good benefits and decent pay. Coworkers and management all got along with each other. Then we were sold to a Management Corporation and things went downhill. They are getting rid of the higher paid workers and replacing them with people who work for minimum wage.
Pros
Flexible schedule, nice people
Cons
Too much cronyism
Nice place to work
Reauthorization Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, NYMay 14, 2015
I had started to work for this company after completing my medical coding school. But I felt I needed more.

It was a great place to work for and receive a $2.00 wage increase after 6 months of working there. They wanted to keep me and I really thought I might move up with this company. But I had to follow my instincts.
Traveling
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, NYMay 1, 2015
There would be 5 therapist for 5 boroughs. The boroughs would be Manhattan, Queens, Staten Island, Brooklyn, Bronx and at tomes Long Island. I would cover Queens , unless a therapist called out sick than there would be patient in that borough that would need to be seen. The day would be scheduled according to which patient was due for a check up at home. Usually it would be 5 patients scheduled for the day. If it was a patient that was coming home for the first time, we would have to set up the equipment needed and provide instructions to the patient's family members or care givers. if it was a regular visit, we would set up the visit and bring them whatever we were allowed to for that visit. After driving from the office to the patients home, we would have a therapist on-call after 5pm or the last patient for that day. The on-call therapist would be available for emergencies.
Pros
You could set up your own time for the day to work. No punching in, just making sure patients were seen .
Cons
Long days driving constantly with your own vehicle . Used up miles, Traffic, tolls, Patient calling for miscellaneous things at night.
High volume workplace with valuable work experience
Clinical Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYMarch 31, 2015
Start out at the office making calls to patients to schedule work day, see all variety of different patients from OSA to SMA with varied types of equipment. Most days work is usually 10-12+ hours. Schedule never fixed. If on call, driving all over the island with no structure and at times very little sleep..
Great place to use all your skills and learn new ones!!
Pros
Benefits and application of knowledge
Cons
Short lunch breaks, no company vehicle, time never your own.
Ok
Billing (Former Employee) –  Great Neck, NYFebruary 25, 2015
Besides management, policies and overall disrespect to employees sometimes by management, the coworkers are fine, work is work. No advancement, no raises, there are benefits.
A very fast paced Home Medical Supplier with a high volume of calls.
Prescription Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, NYJanuary 29, 2015
As a prescription coordinator is was very crucial to obtain the correct data information for billing.

We all worked as a team that made the flow of work move very nicely

The hardest part of this job was getting a doctor on the phone to give the necessary information for billing
There was no room for growth
Medical Bill Collector (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, NYSeptember 21, 2014
I did not enjoy working at Launder due to no room for growth, so I started my new Journey at ENT and allergy associates.
Pros
there were really no pros to working at launder
Poor communication from upper management.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, NYAugust 17, 2014
I learned to deal with stress and pressure in this position. I enjoyed working with referrals and helping customers.
Pros
helping customers and increasing satisfaction.
Cons
lack of communication.
ABSOLUTE WORST
respiratory therapist (Former Employee) –  great neck, nyJune 29, 2014
As a medical professional I expect to give and receive respect from my director. You won't find that here. The Respiratory Therapy manager in Mt. Vernon is rude, disrespectful to all staff, humiliates this staff in public and is all around abusive. I have never seen a more unprofessional management staff in my 26 years of working in the field. The pay and benefits are good, but you can forget about having a home life when you work for this outfit. They want your blood. They have financial problems with their suppliers, often on billing hold with them. Their equipment is old and outdated and used over and over again. Patients and insurance companies think they are getting new respiratory equipment, but in reality it is often used and the patient is mislead. Incompetence is rewarded and hard works are asked to do more work. Please rethink your decision when applying for a position there.
was a great place to work at.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, NYMay 20, 2014
Left to move to Salisbury,Md. Never had any problems with job.
Would send people there to work.
Pros
great lerning
Cons
there are none
A filthy enviornment with no appreciation for their employees.
HELP DESK SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, NYApril 28, 2014
My typical day at work was fielding phone calls and coordinating with the customer service reps. to ensure that our patient's received the medical supplies needed to maintain their health. I learned alot about medical insurance, especially medicare and medicaid. Management, actually only existed in name alone, as they were not hands on in the daily scheme of things. I enjoyed my co-workers and worked well with them on a regular basis. The hardest part of the job was dealing with doctors who didn't have their patient's best interest at heart. The most enjoyable part was to be able to work side by side with my co-workers, but at the same time make it enjoyable because we were in a highly stressful enviornment.
Pros
i had a job
Cons
harrassment, filthy enviornment, the food in the cafeteria making people sick.
Fun work environment
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mt. Vernon, NYApril 11, 2014
Although this was a very big company, we were very busy. I worked in the self pay department which was the hardest since we had to collect money but I loved it because we worked as a team.

We also had to work with the other departments for supporting documentation and evidence. The management of the departments were fair. They stood up for their staff and disciplined them when necessary.
Pros
great working with co-workers
Cons
taking public transportation was hard
nice to work for
Medical Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, NYNovember 1, 2013
• Performs A/R follow-up by researching and /or resubmitting claims without response, incorrect payments, and/or denials by utilizing computer-generated reports per Company Policy. Accounts will include both problems customers and/or payers
• Review billing data information for accuracy prior to submission of all claims (both paper and electronics.)
It was an interesting experience
Reauthorization Specialist (Former Employee) –  Great Neck, NYSeptember 13, 2013
Working for a DME company is completely on another level as opposed to working in a doctor's office. I was trained by someone who was retiring within the month I was hired. She taught me as best as she could but she even admitted she was not a good trainer to teach me this job. Therefore, when she left, I was not completely prepared to move forward. One of my responsibilities was to call patients to verify the usage of the DME. Many times I could not communicate with the patients because of language differences. Sometimes, it was very difficult to resolve issues because of this. Also, there was a back log of work that was left by the former employee that was almost a year old and I was not told about that, until she was leaving.The day was stressful, to say the least. It was impossible for me to bring the work up to date, let alone getting anything done. I spoke with my manager explaining how I felt and told her I though it would be best for both of us that I leave.
Pros
good pay
Cons
most co-workers were unfriendly, big attitudes and disrespectful to others
the company is the worst to work for
csr (Former Employee) –  mass,riSeptember 10, 2013
It has no class, management is a disgrace, RI,and Massachusetts office is the lowest integrity ever co-workers are a shame to work with. The don't respect people and are rude , unprofessional. Don't ever recommended company to any one especially vanguard with all the mistakes they make, and Denmarks with the rudness of there employees they degrade the people and there customers.
Landauer Metropolitan
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, NYAugust 20, 2013
Typical day included processing prescriptions for patients for durable medical equipment and/or oxygen through fax, email or phone.
Pleasant environment
Medicaid Processor (Former Employee) –  OfficePleaJune 11, 2013
My manager was extremely approachable, I would recommend a friend to Landauer based solely on this fact. It was a job that I had hoped to have longer. I've come to the realization to address disdain to my manager when I feel that my job ethics are being compromised.
Pros
salary, good management
Cons
inconsistent workday hours, senior employees would not let me perform my duties as i was trained
Depending on the department you could have a good time
Cash Posting Administrator (Current Employee) –  Great Neck, NYJune 3, 2013
a typical day is what you allow to happen, it can be BAD or GREAT , I should have researched the company more, show favortisum and its right in your face, depending on your department & co workers you could be with a GREAT bunch, thats what keep me going, overlooking things that can be handled more professionally, I really love my hours.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Terrible work environment ...don't waste your time
customer service (Current Employee) –  phila paMay 21, 2013
This company is understaffed and overworked. Upper management is located in MT Vernon and has no clue. They think they do, but really don't! Stay away!
Pros
nothing
Cons
poor pay, no equiptment

2.9