Lander University Employee Reviews

Student worker
Student Worker/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCSeptember 7, 2017
I was the student worker for a department at Lander while I was going through earning my degree. The professors and students there were AWESOME! The Administrative Assistant changed often. Got to know the students and the facility really well while I helped in any way I could.
Pros
Got to work while I was at school
Cons
pay was TERRIBLE
Student Worker
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCSeptember 5, 2017
I was a student worker, I had wonderful managers and had a great time working there. I would work there again in a heartbeat. The hours were hard but needed for then job.
Where students come when they are sick
Administrative Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCJuly 1, 2017
added immunization record into the banner system. Greet students as they came in. Had them sign in to be seen by nurse. Pulled their chart. Assisted nurse when needed.
Tutored students in calculus
Calculus Tutor (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCJune 30, 2017
Tutored students in calculus for an hour each session. Write progress report on the students' improve progression in the course. Report back to the professor on their progress.
college students
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCJune 7, 2017
all we did was move furniture and take out trash. this a college campus so there is always something going on which makes you forget that you are at work sometimes.
Pros
college campus
Cons
no vacaion
Good college
Computer Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCMarch 30, 2017
Lander University was a good college. It didn't have very many students, but that allowed for the faculty and staff to know the students one-on-on. I enjoyed my time there.
Great work study job
GALLERY ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCMarch 25, 2017
You don't get a lot of hours but not a lot of taxes taken out each pay check either. It's a great job to have in between classes because it's in the middle of campus. I think most students have to be an art major to acquire the position.
Fun efficient, and productive crew
Tec Crew (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SC 29649February 10, 2017
Loved working with the people I did. We worked to set up a lot of performances as a team and worked efficiently. Was a lot of fun. I was able to work in many areas. Such as, stage work, side work and busy work. Stage work involved, knowing curtain cues and getting everything ready back stage of the production. Side work included, making back drops or the assembly of props for the production. Bust work included, planning what is going to happen when and having an input as a crew.
Pros
People, atmosphere
Cons
Laid back
Many options
Student Work Study Program (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCJanuary 17, 2017
You can choose from a lot of different places that are on and off campus. It would be smart to pick one close to you major so it can benefit you in the long run.
Pros
easy money
A learning experience
Head Softball Coach (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCSeptember 9, 2016
A small town environment with a historical presence in South Carolina. The community is between three large Universities, so on weekends students visit the other Universities.
Compensation
Administrative Specialist/Testing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCApril 15, 2016
The pay scale at Lander University is extremely low. Most staff members take-on a second job to make ends meet. Many staff members are frustrated with the lack of advancement and very low pay levels.
Pros
Comp time for extra hours worked
Cons
Very low pay scale
Great experience
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCApril 12, 2016
I reached a great experience in Lander University by doing the teaching assistant. In the activity I helped an American student about his history class in different opinions. Finally both of us got a great achievement.
I came at a time of racial integration. As a person of color, I felt I was treated with utmost consideration
full Professor of History 1988 (Former Employee) –  Lander University, Greenwood, SCFebruary 2, 2016
The most difficult part was in taking freshmen students, developing their analytical skills by separating fact based arguments from emotion based arguments. It was also the most rewarding because at the end of the semester, the majority of the students were able to write analytical historical essays.
These same students came to me in their final year, as they presented their thesis paper, and many times I was surprised at how much they had matured intellectually and at how much they had developed their writing skills.
Several times I received commendations from employers at the skillful presentations my former students made at their places of employment.
I was also employed in helping six doctoral students with their dissertations, and my most satisfying moments were came when a Doctor of Divinity and a Judge gave me credit for their writing skills.
Pros
Health care
Cons
overload classes accommodated up to 65 students per class
Associate Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCJanuary 7, 2016
There is no room for advancement for me at Lander. The people are good people to work with. Lander has a good environment.
Great place too work for
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCDecember 23, 2015
As a student worker this was a great opportunity to make a little money while taking classes. It was also a fun job that made it easy to interact with many people on campus that you wouldn't normally.
Pros
Fun Job
Great Management and fun environment
Technical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCSeptember 1, 2015
Working as a Student Technical Assistant for Events Staff at Lander University has been really great. Considering that this was my first job ever, it was very easy to get use to the duties at hand. The Staff are all great and we all got along. The environment is very relaxed, yet very productive. We work many long late hours when special events are happening, but we get paid for every hour that is worked. Overall working for Tech Crew is such a great experience!
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCMay 13, 2015
Working with Lander University as an University Official allowed me to strengthen my professional skills in an office setting by learning more about managing schedules and organizing several task.
Was a great undergraduate job experience
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCApril 7, 2015
This job helped me with my presentation skills. It also helped me learn better teaching methods while tutoring and teaching TA sessions. The hours were flexible, working well around my class schedule.
Pros
Fun, Helped with public speaking, educational
Public University in South Carolina
Instructor/Tutor (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCJanuary 6, 2015
Good school to work at but is a small state school thus is close to the end of the line as far as state funding.
Pros
Great campus
Cons
Pay.
part time job
Hall Monitor (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCNovember 27, 2014
I only work part time, this help with extra cash.
I enjoy working with the college kids.