Lander University Employee Reviews

Compensation
Administrative Specialist/Testing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCApril 15, 2016
The pay scale at Lander University is extremely low. Most staff members take-on a second job to make ends meet. Many staff members are frustrated with the lack of advancement and very low pay levels.
Pros
Comp time for extra hours worked
Cons
Very low pay scale
A learning experience
Head Softball Coach (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCSeptember 9, 2016
A small town environment with a historical presence in South Carolina. The community is between three large Universities, so on weekends students visit the other Universities.
They treat you like family
Summer Custodian (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCApril 19, 2014
Working at Lander University was an enjoyable and enlightening experience that taught me the virtues of communication and teamwork as well as the benefits of self-governance in certain situations. The management was polite and as hard working as the staff. My co-workers were fun and upbeat people with great personalities and interesting backstories which made working with them a new experience everyday. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to decide my own work pace and having the respect of my peers and employers.The hardest part of the job was leaving it to return to school.
Pros
Malleable work day, plenty of time for lunch, enjoyable staff, good management
Cons
Sometimes working in allergy inducing environments, cleaning certain things is not for people with weak constitutions
I came at a time of racial integration. As a person of color, I felt I was treated with utmost consideration
full Professor of History 1988 (Former Employee) –  Lander University, Greenwood, SCFebruary 2, 2016
The most difficult part was in taking freshmen students, developing their analytical skills by separating fact based arguments from emotion based arguments. It was also the most rewarding because at the end of the semester, the majority of the students were able to write analytical historical essays.
These same students came to me in their final year, as they presented their thesis paper, and many times I was surprised at how much they had matured intellectually and at how much they had developed their writing skills.
Several times I received commendations from employers at the skillful presentations my former students made at their places of employment.
I was also employed in helping six doctoral students with their dissertations, and my most satisfying moments were came when a Doctor of Divinity and a Judge gave me credit for their writing skills.
Pros
Health care
Cons
overload classes accommodated up to 65 students per class
Associate Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCJanuary 7, 2016
There is no room for advancement for me at Lander. The people are good people to work with. Lander has a good environment.
Fun beneficial strategys
Health Care Management Internship (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCMay 7, 2012
A typical insisted of waking up at about 8am and starting basic drills at 9am. Calling in lunch orders, picking them up and handing them out. Dealing with a lot of children at one times helps you learn to be a little more patient. There was basically no management because it was just a local basketball camp. My co-workers were all wonderful people, we all worked good together. The hardest part of the day was getting everyone signed in and out because some of them would show up late and leave without letting me know. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the fact that everyday I helped to improve a childs basketball ablilities while keeping them out of the streets all at the same time.
Pros
free lunch, short days
Cons
not air condition, low pay
Great place too work for
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCDecember 23, 2015
As a student worker this was a great opportunity to make a little money while taking classes. It was also a fun job that made it easy to interact with many people on campus that you wouldn't normally.
Pros
Fun Job
Great Management and fun environment
Technical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCSeptember 1, 2015
Working as a Student Technical Assistant for Events Staff at Lander University has been really great. Considering that this was my first job ever, it was very easy to get use to the duties at hand. The Staff are all great and we all got along. The environment is very relaxed, yet very productive. We work many long late hours when special events are happening, but we get paid for every hour that is worked. Overall working for Tech Crew is such a great experience!
Was a great undergraduate job experience
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCApril 7, 2015
This job helped me with my presentation skills. It also helped me learn better teaching methods while tutoring and teaching TA sessions. The hours were flexible, working well around my class schedule.
Pros
Fun, Helped with public speaking, educational
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCMay 13, 2015
Working with Lander University as an University Official allowed me to strengthen my professional skills in an office setting by learning more about managing schedules and organizing several task.
Rewarding job with excellent staff
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCJuly 20, 2014
Being a peer tutor at Lander University was one of the best experiences of my life at Lander. The supervisors of the ASC and the Writing Center always took interest in the development of not only the tutees, but the tutors as well.
I did work for the school depending on which department i applied for
Utility (Former Employee) –  greenwood, SCNovember 10, 2014
The professors were always nice and they work with your schedule. You will get up and go to work either before or after classes are done.
Public University in South Carolina
Instructor/Tutor (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCJanuary 6, 2015
Good school to work at but is a small state school thus is close to the end of the line as far as state funding.
Pros
Great campus
Cons
Pay.
Work Study
Manger- Cheryl Bell (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCApril 22, 2013
It was nice and very laid back work environment. I was nice just wish they would have paid a little more then min wage. But i am grateful for the opportunity that I have had at Lander.
Student worker
Student worker/ Secretary (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCJanuary 6, 2013
Loved office setting and dealing with general public. Great hours and great staff
Pros
weekends off and great hours 8-5
Cons
na
A good experience
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCNovember 7, 2014
People are cool. Job is fun but VERY time consuming. Rewarding opportunity.
Pros
free housing
Cons
very time consuming
part time job
Hall Monitor (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCNovember 27, 2014
I only work part time, this help with extra cash.
I enjoy working with the college kids.
Good school
Student (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCFebruary 11, 2013
Good biology program, very tough intructors. We start with around 120 students and usually have a graduating class of about 7.
Financial Aid Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCJune 22, 2013
This is a create job for a college student. perform basic office duties

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lander University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3