Innovative Energy Systems, a leader in the landfill gas to energy industry has an immediate opening for a full-time Shop Technician in our Oakfield, NY shop, near Batavia. We are looking for an experienced mechanic with 1-5 years of operation & maintenance experience on mobile or stationary engine generator sets up to 1500 kW. Specific experience performing maintenance and repairs on CAT G3500 and G3600 gas engines or similar piston engines, controls, generators and ancillary equipment is desired. Primary responsibilities are maintenance and repair of CAT 3500 series engines that are sent to the shop for major repairs or rebuilds. Additional responsibilities include preparing new engines for the field, washing engine parts, maintaining a parts inventory, and delivering parts or equipment to plants.
Innovative Energy Systems offers a competitive salary commensurate with applicable work experience and a complete benefits package which includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance programs, and a 401K plan.
- Performs major equipment and engine repairs, tune-ups, rebuilds and overhauls on the landfill gas engines and equipment.
- Rebuilds all plant equipment on and off-line.
- Maintains an inventory of tools, parts, fluids and other supplies for shop operations.
- Occasionally will be required to provide onsite support to power plants for major maintenance operations and /or for operational capacity.
- Performs rebuilds of standard high volume power plant components.
- Performs rebuilds of advance components such as vacuum pumps, gas blowers and heat exchangers.
- Assists other Company facilities as directed by management.
- Completes all Company and regulatory training.
- Strong commitment to safety and active participation in safety training.
- Must possess ability to read and interpret operations and safety manuals, analyze and apply basic troubleshooting and repair techniques on plant equipment.
- Knowledgeable on the use of basic hand tools.
- Basic Mechanical experience and or training.
- Able to understand and comprehend basic operation of all power plant equipment.
- The work hours are Mon.-Thur. 6am-4:30pm. May be required to work overtime on Friday. The work schedule is subject to change per business needs and management discretion.
- Overtime maybe required to meet various business needs.
- Must possess various computer skills (Word, Excel, PLC and email systems).
- Must be able to lift up to 100 lbs.
- Must be able to crouch, bend and kneel for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work in an environment of constant loud noises and extreme heat.
- Must provide own tools, up to ¾ inch drives. Anything larger or specialty tools will be provided.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Pre-employment physical, drug test, hearing screening and background check required.
- Some travel may be required.
Indeed - 10 months ago