Landmark Aviation Employee Reviews

Pay not that great, management depends on whose managing you, no advancement
Dispatcher/Customer Service Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 14, 2017
No advancement for this location, unless your a line service tech or in management. If you work the desk, the manager is barely there, expects you to do her work, and uses her personal life as an excuse way to much.

Unless your in management hours aren't that great. Your job responsibilities are far greater than the pay you get. Even if you work outside or inside. And even outside you do not get paid enough to work in all conditions, like the job requires.

Work culture small group, depends on the crew you have, if you enjoy the job or not.

The job itself is actually a cool job that can be rewarding. High paced. Can be stressful.
hospitality and customer service
Customer Service Rep/Sales (Current Employee) –  Teterboro, NJJuly 12, 2017
Manage and maintain sales leads generated by marketing, inside sales, and referrals from Company business units.
Maintain Executive Conference rooms and VIP suites
Supervised ushers assigned to VIP’s
Constant communication with traffic control tower
Pros
lux package
Cons
long night
Easy work environment
Airplane Refueler, (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 26, 2017
Easy Job Refueling planes at the Greensboro Airport. You were pretty much managing yourself to make sure the planes were fueled on time for depature. Long Days, but they fly by. Work a week straight then have 2 days off, then work 8 days, then have 4 days off
Positive place of work, challenging
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXMay 15, 2017
I worked 6am to 2pm everyday, I was the opener. I would come in and do all paperwork that dealt with the fueling tickets and orders and flights. Radio pilots in and out and get their fuel numbers. Always have contact with tower, mechanics, pilots, and coworkers out guiding the planes. Put together any type of catering, transportation and housing needed for pilots and passengers. Was the first face seen for the company, greeted and took care of guest.
Pros
Benefits, pay, good company
productive work place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYMay 8, 2017
Working here is a pleasure . management is a little unorganized sometimes but over all its a great job to have . Decent money good benefits and its always busy so you're always moving.
Productive place to work experience with different cultures
Customer Service Counter Sales (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMay 5, 2017
Typical day,was beginning day logging in checking field for aircraft, keeping in touch with field workers and technicians. Also culture was vast, meeting new clients, greeting incoming flights, interacting with different departments to meet customer service demands. The hardest part of job, making sure clients, aircraft was taken care of and billing and filing correctly the needs of the customers with no errors. Management was great leaving clear instructions and the most enjoyable part of job, making sure to help and please the customers and leaving them with a great customer service experience
Pros
free lunches, meeting new people, participation in community air shows
Cons
short breaks
Worthless uncaring management
Line Service Technician Lead (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAApril 23, 2017
Dead end job. Few opportunities for advancement. Management that doesn't care about employee safety, only meeting budget goals. Widespread culture of "good enough". Acquisition by Signature has changed nothing.
Above average facility to work
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMarch 31, 2017
Good General Aviation Facility, planned work scopes and managed well. Nice facility, but in a rough part of town. Landmark was a good place to work but General Aviation is always unpredictable.
Pros
Good first line Supervisors
Cons
Wages
Challenging work / family atmosphere
Mechanic / Inspector (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMarch 1, 2017
I found the work a Landmark to be challenging and rewarding. It is one of the few places where you will use most every skill you learned in A&P school. The job requires lots of troubleshooting and skill, will keep you learning. The maintenance team is one of the most experienced you will find and if you are willing to listen to the senior techs, you will be amazed at the wealth of knowledge.
Pros
Large variation in work / surrounded by experience.
Productive and family like environment with excellent benefits.
Accounts Receivable Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 1, 2017
Landmark Aviation allowed me to utilize all of my accounts receivable skills, and acquire new skills during my time at the company.
This is a nice place to work and the people are amazing
Accounts Receivable Processor (Current Employee) –  Waukegan, ILJanuary 18, 2017
Working here at Landmark has been nice; just not changeling enough for me. People are nice as well; no problems with my co workers. Close to home and everyone is willing to help.
Ground Tech
Ground Tech (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJanuary 10, 2017
Fun job pay is low and there is no benefits besides 401k and I worked there about three years and never got a raise. With this being said its a good job if you want easy money for a easy job.
Muy buen ambiente de trabajo.
Line Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Opa-locka, FLNovember 10, 2016
Todo el equipo de planta nos queriamos como hermanos, el unico problema es la forma del gerente.
I enjoyed my time there
line technician (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYSeptember 29, 2016
I enjoyed my time there. Good people to work with. Interesting clients. Rough in the winter deicing aircraft, All in all a fun place.
Pros
meeting clients
Cons
low pay
productions
Airport Technician (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 30, 2016
Assistant guest off air plans with luggage topping of jet A fuel or straw meeting celebrates that's down to earth ups package part time line scanning packages unloaded aircrafts reloaded marshaling plans on run way
Unfair to Employees and Dishonest
Line Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 24, 2016
I worked at the Greensboro, Nc FBO and this place was a joke. Management had no professional skills what so ever. And the GM, Bruce, would act like he knew everything when he new nothing. There were nights when I was working that he would show up reeking of alcohol. Shawn our operations manager and Bruce cut my hours and didnt have the respect to tell me to my face so they had my shift supervisor and another Line Tech tell me when I went in for work. then so I could get my hours back and pay back I willing worked 16 hour days to help first shift, because someone quit with no warning and they were short handed. I actually liked the Work but was bothered by management. I had just pulled a 16 hour day and had to be back at that night. They only allowed 1 day off in 12 days. Then when i got let go they tried to deny me my unemployment, and they did this to other employees as well. I would not suggest going to work for this company. Their business ethics are terrible.
Pros
Cons
everything about this compnay is a con
Great organization hands down.
Line Technician Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 10, 2016
I learned alot great people great management and they always pushed safety for yourself and others around you. I would tell anybody to work here the reason i left was do to relocation.
Pros
training fairness great management
Great for uneducated loaner
Line Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCMarch 3, 2016
Management can care less about the employees, unless it affects the bottom line. There is no raises and the only encouragement one can get is receiving the little bit in tips you can get. Money is so scarce that it's been known to conjure a thief or two and unless you part of the inner click, be prepared for accusations being thrown in your direction.
Pros
Tips
Terrible Management, Terrible Pay. Easy Job Tasks
customer service agent (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJJanuary 19, 2016
I began working for Landmark not long ago at the Atlantic City location and if there is one thing to be said it's DO NOT WORK HERE. The "manager" is very unprofessional and rude. She is frequently seen on her phone or just leaving the sight to run errands that are non-work-related so that her employees can handle all of the work. The hours are far and few and the "training" is a joke. I was never officially trained here; most of what I know has been a result of my manager calling me on her cell phone, annoyed that I erred. A typical day at work consists of flight delays and last minute changes of schedule that nobody informs you about, resulting in angry passengers who more often than not, "shoot the messenger". The hardest part of the job is holding your tongue when the passengers get angry at you for a flight delay that the COMPANY, NOT YOU, is responsible for. In addition, you must accept that the management here is quick to take advantage of their "power" yet none of the responsibility or hard work with which it should be accompanied. The most enjoyable part of the job is the few coworkers who understand this misfortune and help your spirits when you're frustrated. Some passengers are also very sweet and make your day better by bringing you some candy.
Pros
Busy work environment, occasional tips from passengers
Cons
Not many hours, low pay, poor management and communication from every end
Sorry people to work for
Line Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Egg Harbor Township, NJJanuary 14, 2016
If you just want a job then apply, but don't expect the following:

Management to care about you.
Safety in the workplace
the current managers to actually know the job
to be properly trained. ( you will be thrown to the wolves).
Also the most important thing you should work on is how to break the rules and not get caught. your not allowed to break the rules but, you have to in time of crisis. ( as i have been told directly by my GM)
great co workers and weather sucks but other than that the management simply does not know what it is doing. Personally I don't think Landmark is bad just this station.
Pros
money
Cons
possibly getting killed due to mismangement