Landmark Aviation Employee Reviews

productions
Airport Technician (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 30, 2016
Assistant guest off air plans with luggage topping of jet A fuel or straw meeting celebrates that's down to earth ups package part time line scanning packages unloaded aircrafts reloaded marshaling plans on run way
Unfair to Employees and Dishonest
Line Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 24, 2016
I worked at the Greensboro, Nc FBO and this place was a joke. Management had no professional skills what so ever. And the GM, Bruce, would act like he knew everything when he new nothing. There were nights when I was working that he would show up reeking of alcohol. Shawn our operations manager and Bruce cut my hours and didnt have the respect to tell me to my face so they had my shift supervisor and another Line Tech tell me when I went in for work. then so I could get my hours back and pay back I willing worked 16 hour days to help first shift, because someone quit with no warning and they were short handed. I actually liked the Work but was bothered by management. I had just pulled a 16 hour day and had to be back at that night. They only allowed 1 day off in 12 days. Then when i got let go they tried to deny me my unemployment, and they did this to other employees as well. I would not suggest going to work for this company. Their business ethics are terrible.
Pros
Cons
everything about this compnay is a con
Great organization hands down.
Line Technician Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 10, 2016
I learned alot great people great management and they always pushed safety for yourself and others around you. I would tell anybody to work here the reason i left was do to relocation.
Pros
training fairness great management
Great for uneducated loaner
Line Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCMarch 3, 2016
Management can care less about the employees, unless it affects the bottom line. There is no raises and the only encouragement one can get is receiving the little bit in tips you can get. Money is so scarce that it's been known to conjure a thief or two and unless you part of the inner click, be prepared for accusations being thrown in your direction.
Pros
Tips
Terrible Management, Terrible Pay. Easy Job Tasks
customer service agent (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJJanuary 19, 2016
I began working for Landmark not long ago at the Atlantic City location and if there is one thing to be said it's DO NOT WORK HERE. The "manager" is very unprofessional and rude. She is frequently seen on her phone or just leaving the sight to run errands that are non-work-related so that her employees can handle all of the work. The hours are far and few and the "training" is a joke. I was never officially trained here; most of what I know has been a result of my manager calling me on her cell phone, annoyed that I erred. A typical day at work consists of flight delays and last minute changes of schedule that nobody informs you about, resulting in angry passengers who more often than not, "shoot the messenger". The hardest part of the job is holding your tongue when the passengers get angry at you for a flight delay that the COMPANY, NOT YOU, is responsible for. In addition, you must accept that the management here is quick to take advantage of their "power" yet none of the responsibility or hard work with which it should be accompanied. The most enjoyable part of the job is the few coworkers who understand this misfortune and help your spirits when you're frustrated. Some passengers are also very sweet and make your day better by bringing you some candy.
Pros
Busy work environment, occasional tips from passengers
Cons
Not many hours, low pay, poor management and communication from every end
Sorry people to work for
Line Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Egg Harbor Township, NJJanuary 14, 2016
If you just want a job then apply, but don't expect the following:

Management to care about you.
Safety in the workplace
the current managers to actually know the job
to be properly trained. ( you will be thrown to the wolves).
Also the most important thing you should work on is how to break the rules and not get caught. your not allowed to break the rules but, you have to in time of crisis. ( as i have been told directly by my GM)
great co workers and weather sucks but other than that the management simply does not know what it is doing. Personally I don't think Landmark is bad just this station.
Pros
money
Cons
possibly getting killed due to mismangement
GSE Mechanic
GSE Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 30, 2015
The leadership in Raleigh, NC has no back bone, they let a PT Mechanic do what he wants, he has ran out numerous FT mechanics out of the shop with the stuff he pulls. That mechanic creates a stressful environment overall in the shop. Tell mangers and nothing changes, guess that is why the he is still there and the FT mechanic position is always looks to be filled. Overall shift supervisors all the way up to GM holds no standards. All your doing is hoping from one fire to another trying to get things in order. Whatever load of stuff they tell you in interview about that they want someone to take ownership and install standards in the shop, ha good luck, want records of stuff done to trucks there is none.....never seen a companies maintenance program that bad where they don't have one. If you try to install one, no backing from GM or below, and part timer will fight you the whole way......good luck to whoever is hired next and want to play those games.
Pros
nice people overall
Cons
low pay rate, leadership holds no standards
No appreciation for hard work and dedication
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 13, 2015
I gave Landmark 8 years of my life! It was great while it lasted! Then one day we got new management and it all fell to the bottom of the toilet!!. I was laid off along with some other co-workers who had been there several years We were some of the higher paid due to our seniority. They wanted to hire cheaper help!! Some gratitude they showed for 8 yrs of hard work and dedication!!
Pros
Atmosphere, meeting interesting people
Cons
management sucks, pay sucks
love the industry not the company
Line Serviceman/Quality Control Representative (Former Employee) –  frederick mdNovember 11, 2015
Loved the location. Never cared for management. Equipment was rarely repaired properly. Overtime is in violation of MD state laws. (40hrs) anything more in a week is overtime. Landmark used bi monthly pay and didnt pay overtime unless you were over 90 hours. Pay raises were virtually non-existent. Favoritism and nepotism were rampant. There was an incident that would by policy require drug testing for everyone as a group. Somehow the higher ups got privacy. I stayed way longer than i should have.
Pros
industry and location. good grouop of people.
Cons
managment, and location suport.
Exciting and out of the ordinary.
FBO Accountant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 10, 2015
No day accounting was the priority but also driving the Mavericks cars for safe parking was overwhelming.
Aviation management.
Co-workers - excellent
There was no hard part of this position.
Everything.
amazing !
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  white plains nyOctober 23, 2015
Love this place my daughter still attends its such an amazing environment and they are great with kids. My daughter has been going there since she was 1 years old and now shes 4
great learning company
Ramp Agent and Operational Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYOctober 10, 2015
Taught all basic knowledge that I needed to further advance my airline career with Piedmont Express.
I learned alot about the inner workings of how all airlines work for the most part, and took that knowledge and explanded it in the future.
Pros
Taught me the basic knowledge that I would need to futher my airline career in the future.
Cons
They severed their contract with US Airways
Great job, very interesting and fun, low pay for working with airplanes
Line Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Mattydale, NYOctober 7, 2015
Loved the job aton, learned everything I could but theres no advancement and a .20 cent raise every year....$10 isnt enough to make a living or to be working with million dollar air planes
Pros
lots of free time. cool job.
Cons
managment was lazy as heck, wouldnt come out and help even if we were packed
The experiences that I had while working at the Dallas Love Fied location were awesome. I was able to meet all kinds of celebrities.
Line Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TexasOctober 6, 2015
From actors and musicians, to nearly every professional sports team in the country, the day to day activites were never boring. It was definietly hard work, especially during the sports seasons, as we were responsible for loading and unloading all equipment for NBA, MLB, and NHL teams. Unfortunately, the management was not as trustworthy as I had hoped. I transfered to the Dallas location with an offer to take over as second shift supervisor. As it happened, someone who was hired on less than a month before I transfered was given the position. She had much less experience than I did and no guaranteed transportation, however what she did have was the same skin color as the exiting supervisor. He put his support behind her and helped her get the position even though she was undeserving.
Pros
free breakfast, free lunch, famous people in and out at various times
Cons
management cannot be trusted, a lot of in-fighting
Challenging and productive environment full of life
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Opalocka Executuve AirportOctober 6, 2015
A typical day at work starts by organizing the lobby, pilot launch, cafeteria and the front desk. Making sure everything is ready, clean and in perfect conditions for customers to use. Preparing and checking prices for the day, assisting customers with different services such as catering, lavatory service, ground power units, and tie down or hangar space for the aircraft. We also assist in arranging ground transport and hotels as well for crew and passengers. Every day I learn something different about aviation, for example about aircraft maintenance and special needs regarding hangar to Part 135 charter operations and aircraft management services to providing flight instruction and a host of other services to the aviation community. I also learn a lot from customers and co-workers as well. Management in this company is very organized and detail oriented, focusing in details and the well being of the customers. My co-workers are always in a positive attitude and willing to help and learn. The hardest part of the job is saying no, this is because I always want to help and make customers happy. I have been working on being stricter about that. The most enjoyable part of my job is making friends and being around aircraft.
Experience in aviation
Fuel Farm Technician (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 13, 2015
Ongoing training and education in aviation. Typical 12 hr days, pd only twice a month, insurance not the greatest, but better than none. I have been here for 5 1/2 yrs and my pay has only gone from $10 hr to $10.77. This is a multi million dollar corporation that does not appreciate their employees
acquisition ruined the company
Line Service Technician (Former Employee) –  HonoluluAugust 22, 2015
The new demands of this company with all the constant work on the computers is way out of control and the only reason they have it is to "show" that they are meeting requirements. Morale plummeted with the new GM who doesn't respect the employees and is just focused on improving revenue. Which, by the way, was the top ranked FBO in Hawaii and is now ranked on the bottom since their takeover. The downhill attitude really got into full gear when they got rid of all the key local management who were all experts and supportive. Now, everyone doesn't care about busting equipment and only look to getting a new job. The visits from corporate headquarters and regional are supposed to make us shudder and they expect to be worshipped. That will happen when they earn it... and they should take the time to learn a little about Hawaii culture rather than wearing Aloha shirts bought at an ABC store for a Friday night luau. Anything that is said or done about safety and QA is just lip service. Don't get me started about the tacky service. Buy an extra 10 gallons of fuel and get a free bag of popcorn! I know all the airlines are waiting to get out of their contracts and go with the other competitors who have a more focused system on the checks and balances.
Pros
They only cut 3 holidays rather than 4. The 401K still has a contribution of 25% rather than 100%
Cons
Lousy support from corporate headquarters with a revolving door, constant errors in paychecks.
Working for Landmark was a true adventure.
Charter Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 11, 2015
Working for landmark was a true adventure and If you love aviation and hard work its the perfect place. The company acquired 3 companies while I was employed and each one brought its challenges. Over all it is a good company to work for.
Bad place to work
Line Service Technician (Current Employee) –  norfolk, vaAugust 8, 2015
Dont apply here unless you are a high school student or in college for the first time... Managment only cares about money and not about the employee's that work hard..
Pros
CELEBRITIES
Cons
bad management
Great environment when dealing with passengers & crew members.
Security & Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Teterboro New JerseyJuly 27, 2015
My day at work would start by asking for a copy of arrvials & departures sheets. I would link up with my fellow supervisor & get brief on any activities that might of happened in the morning. I made my round on the ramp to make sure where all perspective aircraft were located.
Pros
I build an excellent relationship with passengers & crew members.
Cons
Once the company was sold & new managment took over you saw a negative direction.

2.9