Landmark Bank Employee Reviews in United States

Really low pay
Personal Banker III (Former Employee) –  Gunter, TXMarch 9, 2016
I left this company after three and a half years making 10.51 an hour. One year the raises were one cent. The next the raises were five cents. The members and most co workers were great.
Pros
The customers are great, Benefits
Cons
People not held accountable for there actions
EXCELLENT place to work
Teller I (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, TXJuly 18, 2015
Excellent, in depth training, rules are very concise yet easy to follow. This was my very first bank job and opened many doors for me. However at the branches I worked at, there was little room for advancement, because my superiors held their positions for quite some time and did not plan on leaving the position anytime soon. Relaxed atmosphere, set schedule (which also worked around my college classes,) were great benefits.
Pros
set schedule, great training
Cons
little room for advancements
Excellent place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOApril 19, 2016
I've worked at a few companies and Landmark Bank is the best employer and best environment I've ever worked and the executive team cares about the growth of the company AND the employees. I highly recommend this company.
Good Pay, Work Place could be better
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOApril 23, 2016
Management was okay, they were insensitive to a lot of cultural situations. The days were long, and tiring. They did have fun meetings.
Loan Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, NHMarch 4, 2016
This was a small town bank where everyone went out of their way to help each other. Unfortunately, I heard that it closed it's door though. I do not know why.
Pros
Friendly
Fun and productive
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Collinsville, TXFebruary 1, 2016
I kept up with my drawer. handed out and received money. had to balance every day to the exact penny. It was somewhat stressful at times but i was very good about handling the cash.
Fun, challenging place to work with lots of opportunities for involvement and advancement
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJune 1, 2015
Most jobs entail meeting with customers and solving account issues. It is a fun but challenging job, with many different problems to solve and relationships to build. Branch management is ok, depending on the manager, but the regional and overall management team is wonderful and very involved with the little guys. As always, there is drama within the branches and bank, but most coworkers get along very well and even become friends. The most difficult part of the job is working with upset customers who are unreasonable with their requests or issues. The best part of the job is the relationships you build with your coworkers and your customers. Many times customers even ask to speak with you by name.
Pros
Opportunites for involvement, fun activities, free lunches
Cons
Long days standing
A very team oriented organization
Customer Service Center Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOAugust 13, 2015
A fast paced atmosphere in the Customer Service Department with over 21 call center agents to supervise. Management is supportive and always willing to share new information and ideas. A positive team of coworkers that are very hard-working. The hardest part of my job is reprimanding call center agents. The most enjoyable part of my job is the team oriented environment.
Direction of the company and management was unstable.
President -Pottsboro Bank (Former Employee) –  Pottsboro, TXJuly 16, 2015
The company was trying to grow but did not understand how to adapt to today's economic and new banking environment. Struggled with the changing banking regulations due to staffing and manage issues.
Assistant Branch Manager
ASSISTANT BRANCH MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOJanuary 27, 2015
The Assistant branch manager at Landmark Bank oversees the operation of the branch to ensure all operational functions are completed and properly performed by the staff while conveying a feeling of trust, service, security and satisfaction to customer and staff. Doing staff scheduling, leading the the Staff meetings, and completing Operation Audits. The duties of the Assistant branch manager are contingent on the scope of the services that are offered at the facility. The position is responsible for overseeing the teller function, ATM balancing, night depository processing, Brinks processing and customer service duties. Personal Banker duties and 100% customer satisfaction.
Loan Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Madill, OKFebruary 6, 2013
I very much enjoyed the friendly down to earth atmosphere by everyone there, including the high level executives. I was always given a chance to advance in my position at the company and challenged by the work I was given.
Pros
friendly co workers, great work/life balance
Bad work environment!
Teller ll (Former Employee) –  TxApril 29, 2015
It's not what you know, but who you know.
I was performing Personal Banker duties with a Teller ll title. Had 12+ years with the bank.
Pros
Not much.
Cons
Bad management.
Good working environment
Purchasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Madill, OKJune 7, 2014
My work was different everyday. One day would be ordering supplies for the 23 banking locations, and the next would be researching real estate property. I learned about asset management and inventory management. My co-workers were an exciting group of people who would help others when needed. I was on the "fun" committee, which consisted of organizing the Christmas Party as well as other events throughout the year.
Poorly Managed
personal banker (Former Employee) –  West Plains, MONovember 24, 2014
The ambitious have no room to advance. Landmark does not promote within the Bank. Only higher outside of Landmark Bank. Very high turnover rate!
Pros
it was good to have a job
Cons
everything within management
horrible people
personal banker (Former Employee) –  shermanMay 22, 2013
the Sherman branch is full of judgmental people. if you are anything other than perfect there will be gossip. the managers act like high school girls, and make fun of customers who are less fortunate than they are. the tellers don't know half of what they should to do their job correctly. BEWARE!! don't work anywhere in north texas, you will regret it. many of the managers have been reported to human resources for unethical behavior and nothing is done.
Pros
hours, vacation time
Cons
coworkers
Very narrow scope for advancement, increases in salary are seldom given.
Loan Secretary/President=s Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ada, OKFebruary 10, 2015
The President, with whom I worked closely, was a fair employer. I enjoyed working with him, but the bank was not busy enough.
Pros
good boss.
Cons
employees were rewarded for actions that did not include their work ethic.
Great place to work. A place where you felt valued.
Personal Banker/Teller (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OKJune 11, 2014
I learned how to deal with people in all situations.
A job where I could put my organizational skills to work.
I was responsible for ordering supplies for the branch all the years I worked at Landmark Bank.
Pros
great management.
Cons
under payed.
Great School Job
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wellston, MONovember 14, 2012
Worked in Data Processing maintained the check records, basic day began as 2nd half of school day till 5pm. Recorded and filed checked cashed at the bank daily. Occasionally got to deliver and pick up checks from the other locations.
Pros
after school job
Cons
though asked to stay on after school, did not see long term availability due to technology
Landmark Bank
Teller cross trained for Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Wynnewood OklahomaApril 6, 2013
Landmark Bank is a chain bank. Slower pace. I enjoyed the interaction with customers. Some customers I would see on a daily basis. This is a great banking job for young employees just starting out.
Pros
long lunch
Cons
pay, cost of health care
Great bank in Columbia, MO
Lending Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOFebruary 10, 2013
Landmark is a great bank in Columbia, MO. Landmark has banking centers in Southern Missouri, Oklahoma and Texas.