LANDMARK CREDIT UNION Employee Reviews

Love my co-workers, hate the company
TELLER I (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIJanuary 28, 2018
Upper management places too much emphasis on the things that don't matter, ie dress code, office politics, chain of command, and not enough on the things that do matter, like the amount and quality of work you actually do. Benefits are good, frankly they are the reason most people stay there as long as they do, but the pay is horrible. Unless you're a manager or VP. And raises are a joke.
Fast paced team structure atmosphere
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Hartland, WIJanuary 8, 2018
Working for Landmark credit union provided me with a new way of learning to help frustrated customers/people. The management was always very supportive and encouraging. I learned about all the different things a credit union can offer to their members. The hardest part of the job for me would have been trying to get members to understand that there are rules in place for a specific reason and a teller can only handle so much before needing someone in a higher position to help handle a situation. The most enjoyable part of the job would be becoming so close with a handful of members that use this specific credit union.
Pros
Snacks, free lunches here and there, and the ability to become so close with members.
Easy going
Teller I (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIJanuary 7, 2018
With school during the day and the bank hours from 9-5 it was hard to fit school into the schedule and work into the school schedule. It was very interesting and fun to work with money. I truly enjoyed being a teller.
Pros
easy going
Cons
time restricted
Landmark credit union was an enjoyable and comfortable place to work at.
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 25, 2017
This credit union was exciting, enjoyable environment. I went to work everyday, I enjoyed working with internal and external individuals. The manager was very organized. Had to make sure at the end of the day everything balanced out.
Pros
We were giving a 30 minute lunch and the restraunts were in the area.
Enjoyable staff and management.
Teller I (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 16, 2017
Shift was generally quite busy at all times. I learned procedures and policies in great detail. The hardest part of the job was learning how to set up automatic loan payments, however, it was rewarding to hear members thanks for all the work you put into making their experience enjoyable.
Good place
Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  New Berlin, WISeptember 6, 2017
Good place to work for entry level jobs. Doesn't pay that well compared to other financials with similar job but the profit sharing is the best part about working there.
It's a great company to work for
Bank Teller I (Current Employee) –  West Milwaukee, WIAugust 26, 2017
I like my job and my coworkers and most of the members. I have always wanted to work in a Credit Union.. I waited until I got enough experience and now here I am working at Landmark Credit Union
Fast paced
Mortgage Processor (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIAugust 18, 2017
Have to have a tough mentality to work in a high paced work place. The pay is good, the people you work with are great. The management team is great and are always their to help and manage situations.
Pros
Great benefits
The Worst
Indirect Loan/Lease Processor (Current Employee) –  New Berlin, WIJune 19, 2017
Hands down, the worse place I've ever worked. I was body shamed by a male supervisor, then told by human resources to go away when I tried to make a complaint. They are all about appearance and not about respect or quality of work. Never work here.
Fun Coworkers and an Amazing Boss
Teller I (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 6, 2017
It felt like home, everyone was conversing and no one really had problems. Work was fun, the days went by fast. I had to leave due to schooling and some medical problems, other than that I most definitely would have stayed.
Great Technology
IS Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  West Allis, WIJune 1, 2017
A typical day I monitor a SIEM
I learned a lot about the latest Technology tools
Management has been in place for a long time; too comfortable
Workplace peers like to complain about too much work.
Waste of time
Teller (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 11, 2017
No opportunity for advancement, they stopped promoting within about a year ago. They have good insurance but no vision coverage. The insurance is the reason most people stay for as long as they do.
Indirect Loan/Lease Officer (Current Employee) –  New Berlin, WINovember 28, 2016
Its a good place to work. The hardest part of my job is staying seated al day long. The most enjoyable part of job is interacting with the members
Pros
Great insurance
Cons
No vision insurance
Not satisfied
Customer Relations/Teller (Former Employee) –  Beaver Dam, WI 53916October 14, 2016
I just feel that certain employees are offered more attention than other. Not a friendly place and not advance offered or allowed?
Pros
Cons
too short of lunches and lack of breaks
Family
Teller/ Receptionist/Account rep. (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILSeptember 13, 2016
It was relaxed and team oriented. I liked it, but I got sick and they fired me. I liked the job and the credit union members were very nice. Most of the employees I worked with were great. But now they have a high turnover of employees
It's not that awful...
Teller (Current Employee) –  Germantown, WISeptember 9, 2016
Working at Landmark has it perks, the benefits are great and there is tuition reimbursement; but everything else isn't all that great. The management is changed constantly, and there isn't much room for advancement. If you try to apply for a different position within the company, the likeliness of getting the position is slim to none. The pay isn't all that great but is "competitive" , and you are promised a raise at your reviews but the chances that you get one is not very likely.
Not enough employees to handle the large amount of ACH duties
ACH Representative (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIJuly 28, 2016
I found that having 15 years experience in the ACH field that Landmark Credit Union is not staffed with enough employees to handle the day to day requirements that the ACH department is required to do on a daily basis accurately.
Some Great training and co workers
Teller (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIJune 3, 2016
Good company to work for. Many locations and opportunities to switch positions. Minorities have great opportunities with this company.
Fun
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 30, 2016
Low workload. You basically deal with customers all day handling transactions. Coworkers were the best part, made days go by quicker.
Busy workplace!
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Germantown, WIDecember 15, 2015
Everything about Landmark is really good. The products and services are fantastic. Awesome locations and flexible hours for the members.
Pros
Great products and service