Landmark Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

every day is a learning experience.
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIJuly 18, 2014
A typical day at Landmark is giving aerosol treatments to patients, responding to emergencies in the ER: CPR, ventilator support, ABG analysis, etc. I have learned to work in a fast paced hospital to work together with my coworkers, doctors and nurses to give the appropriate care for each patient. Working with management at Landmark is good because we share our ideas and we try to work as a team so we can get the best care for our patients. Our department director always says to put the patient first. Do what is best for the patient. The hardest part of the job is when you see families come in and you're trying to help their loved ones and they pass away. The most enjoyable part of the job is when see people getting better every day and then they get to go home.
Pros
a decent healthcare package, a 401k
Cons
i dont have any cons
poor morale, chronically heavy work load
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIMarch 12, 2015
very high nurse to pt ratio, often understaffed, not appreciated for going above and beyond to assist with shortages. Very high acuity. Not a good mix or nursing experience. Poor training of new rn. Poor morale due to chronically heavy work load.
Pros
good health insurance
Cons
compensation
Great first 5 years
Dietetic Technician (Former Employee) –  Woonsocket, RINovember 21, 2014
As time went on management changed as did ownership of hospital.
Lay offs, strikes (of which I worked since I was considered essential management ), eventually my position was eliminated.
Pros
great job, good benefits, good pay
Cons
job eliminated and couldn't advance with out masters degree
Challenging workplace given economic fall
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIJuly 14, 2013
Currently working in case management and utilization review. Learning a great deal about reimbursement. Love my coworkers. Way too many hours and long days and very understaffed. Meeting the needs of pt's through discharge planning.
Pros
salary position. educational inservices and invitations
Cons
very long days and includes weekends. salary position.
The day went by fast
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIDecember 19, 2012
the work was busy
the shift whent by fast
filed charts,loose and typed reports
assembled inpatient charts
assembled ASU charts
Pros
great benifits
Cons
not a lot of time off healthcare
overall to me a satisfying profession, the biggest concern is job security with all the cuts happening today
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  RIOctober 27, 2012
i do enjoy my profession after all these yrs. gives me pleasure in helping anyone i can. im always trying to think of ways to ensure best care and making pt comfortable. very helpful with co-workers. my fullfillment at end of the day is knowing i made a difference in someones life, and hopefully seeing them better as days go on. thats satisfaction for me. i take pride in my work.
Pros
trying to administer rx's to pts when you have 4 calls at once, and hoping the nurse is giving you a correct assessment of pts condition
Cons
unable to service pts as quickly as you would like due to staffing/ and how busy a night it is.
work place good for med techs
Maintenance/Shift Lead/janatorial work (Current Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIMay 20, 2013
this company is a good place for people in the medical field. it isnt the best for a full time student, cause they are harsh to work around school schedule. management in the enviornmental services department is unorganized and dont present professional attitude. there work expected to be done in 6 hours is to much.
Pros
overtime when needed
Cons
management not organized, to much he said she said, work is overdefined
Productive despite all financial trouble in the organization.
Medical Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Woonsocket, RINovember 30, 2012
I did enjoy working, been behind the direct care of patient. It was my duty to make sure that all medical care was done appropriate almost in all levels. I was working with managers and chief of departments regarding patient's care, appropriate documentation and coding through chart review, including: Mortality, Readmissions, Complications and Unexpected outcomes. I also did learn governmental regulation in order to meet accreditation requirements.I love my co-workers and I did appreciate team-work.
I did like flexibility and their understanding of the value of family.
The hardest part of the job: to have always high standard regarding patient satisfaction, due to financial struggle.
Productive work place working with dedicated employees
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIDecember 28, 2012
High level work environment that requires nurses to multi-task that requires strong organizational skills in planning, implementing and evaluating of patient care. Daily responsibilities includes astute assessment and monitoring skills of patient pre and post endoscopy care.

Daily work activity includes working closely with doctors, nurses and staff management to ensure quality care of patients.
good place
Ct Scan Technologist (Current Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIMay 26, 2015
busy pretty good work flow.older scanner . going through reconstruction of rad dept. new spectscanner, ct and xray equipmen

Want to know more about Landmark Medical Center?

Ask a question
Great Place, lots of experience.
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIAugust 19, 2014
I loved working here. I gained a lot of experience, and knowlage that I will take with me me to the next stages of my career,
Pros
lots of differant jobs that i will benifit from.
Cons
layoff
great benefits
Certifed Nursing Assistant/Patient Safety Aide (Former Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIMay 6, 2013
Its a well run Hospital that cares a lot about their patients and also staff.
Pros
good work life balance
Loved getting to intern here!
Intern (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAApril 1, 2013
During a college course entitled "Internships in Clinical Psychology," I was given the opportunity to intern in a psychiatric hospital in a neighboring town. This hospital dealt primarily with individuals struggling with bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, and psychotic episodes. I enjoyed getting to observe other staff interacting with patients, and trying to model my behavior after theirs.
McDonalds
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIMarch 11, 2012
One of the largest most competitive fast food company. Allows room to build yourself and help build others.
Very small community hospital - xray and rehab services
Mammographer, Xray Tech, DXA Operator (Former Employee) –  North Smithfield, RIMarch 22, 2013
Steady stream of out-patients for xray services - learned mammography on the job - coworkers helpful and friendly - each patient is a challenge - best part of job is knowing you performed a quality diagnostic exam.
Productive Day at work
Patient Safety Aide (Current Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIJune 26, 2012
A productuve day at work means that I am able to complete all my tasks assigned to me that same day!!!
Pros
schedule flexibility
Cons
not sure if i am gonna have work everyday
always a flipflop schulde.
Head Chef [ supivisor] maintanence (Former Employee) –  Woonsocket, RISeptember 13, 2012
Started in highschool part time ..Then moved on to ful time 11 years then wanted to move on ..
Pros
meetin the public.
Cons
half hour lunch.. great place .. had to move on.
Good benefits and close to where I lived.
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  North smithfield, RI 02896October 15, 2012
I worked at the Rehab unit for 28 years. When I was there it was a great working environment.

2.8