Landmark Medical Center Employee Reviews

fairly good place to work, great team work
Insurance Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIJune 8, 2017
I have worked @ LMC for almost seven years, Staff is great, the work can be challenging but overall not difficult.
Staff members are very helpful when needed in scheduling appointments.
Pros
good place to work, close to home, great benefits
Cons
pay raises for non union are not as fair as union workers
management is killing the heart of the hospital
Registered Nurse Cardio Lab (Current Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIJune 6, 2017
small community hospital full of charm, new updates, and staff that have been faithful to the facility for many years. You'd be amazed on how many great services this facility provides. However, they are severely understaffed and unappreciated. nurse to patient ratios unsafe and moral is low and management shows very little empathy. This is quite the same because most clients that use the facility truly love it and say that they wouldn't want to go anywhere else.
Productive Workplace
Organization Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIMay 19, 2017
- was able to display my customer service skills
- the work load was sometimes challenging but the patient interaction was the beneficial portion of the day.
Lmc
Medical Staff Manager (Current Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIFebruary 14, 2017
The company provides excellent benefits and the physicians are very nice to deal with. The job is challenging and the work day goes by very quickly. The people I work with are very cooperative when their assistance is needed.
The enjoyment of working at a hospital
Patient Registration Representative (Current Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIJanuary 10, 2017
Working at a hospital there is never a typical day especially when you are in the emergency room, which is why I look that type of work so much. You never know what is going to come in, it can really be anything that is why would always have to be ready.
Cons
not enough hours
Great Environment and Wonderful Providers
RMA (Current Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIJanuary 9, 2017
A typical day at work was a busy, productive and sometimes hectic schedule in the primary care office I was located in, off the hospital grounds. The Provider I worked with was amazing, hands down, very patient, open-minded yet stern with her patients. I learned quite a bit while working here, I learned and mastered 2 different computer systems, I learned a lot from the doctor about levels in the blood and what they could indicate, I learned how to safely talk with patients and obtain necessary information without being too invasive. My co-workers were team players, always encouraging and had no problems switching roles when necessary. Management was off site but stuck with meeting days and times, was very open and truthful with our stats. The most difficult part of the job was not getting too close to patients that were seen on a regular basis, especially the sickly and elderly patients. I enjoyed this job exponentially, I am lucky enough to have had this experience and cannot wait to further my schooling to obtain employment inside the hospital. Also the benefits are amazing.
many are leaving
Central Transporter (Current Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIDecember 27, 2016
Great employees but New owners are not employee and family friendly. After 12 years I'm moving to Washington State due to layoffs and hour cutbacks. I'll dearly miss the patients and co-works tremendous. My co-workers are very helpful when we're under staff. Every time I pick up a patient I do my best to make them smile. No one person wants to be in the hospital. I've maintain may friendships from my patients in hopes they do the same with others.
Pros
team work
Cons
New hospital owners only worry about there pockets and not employee happiness
Working as janitorial at landmark isn't bad. It's the job security that's bad.
Environmental Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIOctober 13, 2016
I worked at Landmark as an Environmental Service Technician ins't to bad of a place to work. I enjoyed the patience and the overall environment is pretty good. Though, I'd say if you're not used to working in janitorial this job isn't for you. The main problem I have with Landmark is every couple years they do a huge layoff of between 50 to 100 employees. That's the reason I quit, which is good I did cause I was on the layoff list. Think long and hard before taking a position here.
Pros
Great Benefits, Fair environment, Decent Pay
Cons
Layoffs are expected, Management isn't the best, drama and rumors
learning experience.
Case Worker/Counselor (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAJuly 12, 2015
Landmark was a good job. i learned alot about Mental health and also learned alot about working as a part of a team. I learned how to be a professional working at Landmark.
good place
Ct Scan Technologist (Current Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIMay 26, 2015
busy pretty good work flow.older scanner . going through reconstruction of rad dept. new spectscanner, ct and xray equipmen
poor morale, chronically heavy work load
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIMarch 12, 2015
very high nurse to pt ratio, often understaffed, not appreciated for going above and beyond to assist with shortages. Very high acuity. Not a good mix or nursing experience. Poor training of new rn. Poor morale due to chronically heavy work load.
Pros
Good health insurance
Cons
compensation
Great first 5 years
Dietetic Technician (Former Employee) –  Woonsocket, RINovember 21, 2014
As time went on management changed as did ownership of hospital.
Lay offs, strikes (of which I worked since I was considered essential management ), eventually my position was eliminated.
Pros
Great job, good benefits, good pay
Cons
Job eliminated and couldn't advance with out masters degree
Great Place, lots of experience.
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIAugust 19, 2014
I loved working here. I gained a lot of experience, and knowlage that I will take with me me to the next stages of my career,
Pros
lots of differant jobs that i will benifit from.
Cons
layoff
every day is a learning experience.
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIJuly 18, 2014
A typical day at Landmark is giving aerosol treatments to patients, responding to emergencies in the ER: CPR, ventilator support, ABG analysis, etc. I have learned to work in a fast paced hospital to work together with my coworkers, doctors and nurses to give the appropriate care for each patient. Working with management at Landmark is good because we share our ideas and we try to work as a team so we can get the best care for our patients. Our department director always says to put the patient first. Do what is best for the patient. The hardest part of the job is when you see families come in and you're trying to help their loved ones and they pass away. The most enjoyable part of the job is when see people getting better every day and then they get to go home.
Pros
A decent healthcare package, a 401k
Cons
i dont have any cons
Challenging workplace given economic fall
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIJuly 14, 2013
Currently working in case management and utilization review. Learning a great deal about reimbursement. Love my coworkers. Way too many hours and long days and very understaffed. Meeting the needs of pt's through discharge planning.
Pros
Salary position. Educational inservices and invitations
Cons
Very long days and includes weekends. Salary position.
work place good for med techs
Maintenance/Shift Lead/janatorial work  (Current Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIMay 20, 2013
this company is a good place for people in the medical field. it isnt the best for a full time student, cause they are harsh to work around school schedule. management in the enviornmental services department is unorganized and dont present professional attitude. there work expected to be done in 6 hours is to much.
Pros
overtime when needed
Cons
management not organized, to much he said she said, work is overdefined
great benefits
Certifed Nursing Assistant/Patient Safety Aide (Former Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIMay 6, 2013
Its a well run Hospital that cares a lot about their patients and also staff.
Pros
good work life balance
Loved getting to intern here!
Intern (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAApril 1, 2013
During a college course entitled "Internships in Clinical Psychology," I was given the opportunity to intern in a psychiatric hospital in a neighboring town. This hospital dealt primarily with individuals struggling with bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, and psychotic episodes. I enjoyed getting to observe other staff interacting with patients, and trying to model my behavior after theirs.
Very small community hospital - xray and rehab services
Mammographer, Xray Tech, DXA Operator (Former Employee) –  North Smithfield, RIMarch 22, 2013
Steady stream of out-patients for xray services - learned mammography on the job - coworkers helpful and friendly - each patient is a challenge - best part of job is knowing you performed a quality diagnostic exam.
Productive work place working with dedicated employees
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIDecember 28, 2012
High level work environment that requires nurses to multi-task that requires strong organizational skills in planning, implementing and evaluating of patient care. Daily responsibilities includes astute assessment and monitoring skills of patient pre and post endoscopy care.

Daily work activity includes working closely with doctors, nurses and staff management to ensure quality care of patients.