Regional Sales Manager
Landmark Plastic Corporation, a leading manufacturer and marketer of thermoformed and injection molded horticultural products is currently recruiting a Sales Manager reporting to the Vice President of Sales & Marketing to call on direct customers and wholesale distributors.
Essential Functions Performed:
- Establish relationships with distributor customers and direct accounts, to maximize growth opportunities.
- Understand the customer’s business, develop strategies and business plans to implement and deliver budgeted sales targets.
- Forecast and budget sales and expenses for existing accounts as well as new customers.
- Plan and implement appropriate customer specific marketing strategies.
- Assess the performance of sales channels and make changes or additions as appropriate to profitably grow revenues.
- Provide sales training to distributor sales staff on effective sales approach for all Landmark products.
- Meet with key customers, assisting distributor sales representatives with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing sales.
- Represent the company at trade association meetings to promote Landmark products.
- Monitor and evaluate competitive products and market activities.
Core Job Competencies Required:
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Possesses and effectively uses a broad base of business acumen as well as planning and analytical skills to identify and interpret business and market conditions.
- Organized, self-motivated and dedicated team player.
- Effective presentation and negotiation skills.
- Results oriented individual.
- Bachelors Degree
- Ability to travel, extensively if needed, including overnight stays.
- Open to relocation for territory opportunities.
- Minimum 3-5 years outside sales experience, preferably working with wholesale distributors.
- Previous experience/exposure to horticultural industry preferred.
- Proficient in PC usage.
Landmark Plastic Corporation offers an attractive compensation package including a base salary, incentive compensation and a benefits package.