Landrum Staffing Employee Reviews

great company nto work for
Contract Employee (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 31, 2016
very good company to work for i enjoyed my time there the staffers are very profesional and courteous to people who come to them looking for work
productive, good job training
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLDecember 12, 2015
work is same every day, co workers are are good and helpful all jobs are done as a team. training included operating jib crane and rigging, assemble wind turbine components, operating pneumatic and manual torque tools. overall a very safe and productive job.
ok company
assembly technician (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLDecember 1, 2015
they need some benefits but the co workers are great. management is ok. need vacation time or pto's would also be great. thats about it thanks
fun and productive work place
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLNovember 13, 2015
I have done a lot of things in my life.it help me gain a good overall understanding of what I do I believe I have the ability to overeachief myself in what I do they have a lot of experience jobs but they put the right person in the right place
Love the enviornment
Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 11, 2015
Awesome environment and co workers, Management okay. Benefits could be a bit better, business is growing. Not much opportunity to grow.
Great environment, great people, not enough hours.
Parking Attendant (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLAugust 30, 2015
Overall the environment is great and so are the people I work with, but there is just not enough hours to get by. I am currently a college student and have upcoming student loans to pay, and with this job I just do not have the money currently to pay student loans that are looming. A typical day at work is usually 5-6 hours standing outside collecting money from people who want to park inside the parking garage. From this job I learned people skills and with all of the angry people I have dealt with i have learned to toughen up and kill them with kindness. Management was great and so were the co-workers, the only problem with the job is that i do not have enough hours to sustain myself.
Pros
Great environment, Great pay, awesome co-workers
Cons
Low hours
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLAugust 22, 2015
Somewhat larger company with great opportunities to advance and help other people. Loved staying busy all day and working for a company that cared for others so much.
Productive fun workplace
Temp (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 27, 2015
This was my first experience with a staffing company and I have to say it made a difference. They worked just as hard to find my a job as I did. They always made sure I was in an enjoyable environment and was lucky that they placed me with a copy that I have enjoyed working for.
Fun work place
Residential Training Aide (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 15, 2015
Fun work place with encouraging management. Worked well with co-workers nothing hard about the job just a little challenging at time. The most enjoyable part of the job was to meet the clients needs and to see a big smile on their face.
Average pay, with little room for advancement.
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 15, 2015
I only spent a short time working for this company, while I was waiting for my licensure to come through, in order to work for myself. I found this company to be a great option for someone looking to gain skills, and become familiar with the community, if they are new to the area. That being said, I believe that the company has little room for advancement, but they do provide free training, which, in my opinion, is valuable.
Pros
Free training, and ability to choose your own work schedule.
Cons
Little room for advancement, with minimal pay.
Excellent place to work.
Clerical (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMarch 30, 2015
This agency was very helpful with job placement. They provided several tutorials that will help you brush up on your skills so you will be ready for the work force.
Pros
They work very hard to find you a job.
Cons
There are times that they can't place you on a job.
Productive work
Insurance Biller (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLFebruary 27, 2015
I've enjoyed working with staff and co-workers and I liked the work. I have learned that I am flexible to handle any position I endeavor. I find it difficult to change careers as I am only matched to opportunities showing my last 10 years of experience.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
temporary assignments don't allow for financial security
Great company
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 14, 2015
Since working with Landrum Staffing, I have experienced nothing but professionalism with the staff and administration. The job assignments are sought out very carefully to fit the needs of each employee.
Productive and great place to work
Assembly Tech (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLNovember 5, 2014
I love what I do , the people I work with and learning something new each day. Building wind turbines is really amazing, knowing that you had a hand in providing electricity for over 375 home through just one turbine.
Jobs are temporary.
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 21, 2014
Took jobs hoping to lead to something bigger and permanent. Only temporary.
Pros
temporary, low pay for type of work you are doing.
Cons
getting a pay check while working.
Great place to work and get job experperience.
Ofc Admin / Receptionist / Member Serv Rep (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 4, 2014
I have been an employee with this company for many years. I have had the pleasure of meeting wonderful people over the years and getting on- the- job training at various assignments. Daily work consist of customer service, daily work on a computer, multi tasking, answering the telephone, training new employees, working with large sums of money and other office duties. The experience has been educational and the training, priceless. The toughest part of the assisgnments would be not a lot of job security.
Pros
job training and experience. meeting people.
Cons
only temporary work.
Life saver
warehous worker (Former Employee) –  Pensacola FloridaAugust 22, 2014
I worked several positions for this company ranging from office to warehouse worker. I learned to drive fork lift at one point and worked in a credit union for a day. I was always in pleasant work environment as company where happy for help. Hardest part of any day was any time you where there for the last time and on to new assignment. The most enjoyable was learning new skills and meeting new people.
Pros
great experience
Cons
leaving jobs sometimes
Waste of Time!!!
Nothing (Former Employee) –  United StatesJuly 2, 2014
This place is the biggest waste of time I have ever seen. I would not go there. They do not care about helping you get a job. They took the education part of my resume out b/c the lady said it was irrelevant. It is like an assembly line process. Seriously stay away from this place. I would like to see them go out business.
Run as far as you can!
Logistics (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 4, 2014
After being jobless with a B.S. Business Admin for nearly two years, I shamefully decided to go with Landrum Staffing.
I came in wanting an administrative job and made a verbal request and took their computerized Microsoft Office test. I passed with a 96 and they told me they rarely see above an 80 so I knew that I was fit for that kind of work. I sat down and had an interview, and again, made a verbal request but to not to be put into a labor intensive job; I wanted an admin job or related. The very next day, I got called to work at General Electric. Speechless. Not related to anything I have done professionally and it's a job that requires a high school diploma.
I did take the opportunity however (and it was a miserable 8 months) I was not told much information about the work environment and what exactly the work entailed. I was told it was relaxed job with cool A/C and there wouldn't be any unassisted heavy lifting - that was so far from the truth. It was grueling and everything you'd expect from a manufacturing job.
While I was at GE, there were 2 lay-offs in this time and they kept promising good job security (because of the outlook of production) but always told us they didn't know what was going to happen when changes occured. Usually, a lay-off happened.
After getting laid off, I applied to a position that involved parts delivery and putting together parts kits for GE at GexPro. Again, that was all I was told. Nothing about any processes or the work environment except that it's in a warehouse and lifts were assisted. Guess how it actually turned out? Horribly! It was
  more... like GE all over again except there was no A/C at all and heavy lifting was more involved. I told them I had a bad back as I also did before the GE position.

Landrum Staffing tries to fill in horrible positions with no way of really trying to match people's skills and abilities to them. With disregard to how a job can actually build skills or bolster one's resume, they pretty much have no humility toward who they hire and how these jobs do you any good. Remember, Landrum Staffing's philosophy as an agency, or a business as you will, to simply hire whoever to do whatever job so they can make their commission for the position they hire you into.
They fill in bad high turnover jobs as quickly as possible with anyone they can find and the generous pay (for this area) is the only attractive incentive for incumbents, such as you, to hire on with them.
Additionally through the experience of my father (who has worked +20yrs of overseas as a government contractor), he tried Landrum Staffing between his contracts and they also tried to do him dirty and fill him into jobs completely unrelated to his skillset. Due to his lack of interest in what they offered him, they eventually stopped talking to him both by phone and e-mail altogether. I've heard this happen to other people too.
Although it is not through my experience, I was told that once you part ways with Landrum Staffing, they will never hire you on - so fair warning.
I can only recommend Landrum Staffing if you are desperate for a job or money so you can make ends meet.
Pros
pay, work a set 8hrs a day workweek.
Cons
abysmal people-to-job matching, aren't completely honest or open about what jobs entail, pressure you to take whatever they offer you (or else), offer the worst jobs in the area
Growing and prosperous industry..
Corporate/Leisure Travel Counselor (Current Employee) –  pensacola floridaJanuary 29, 2014
Growing and prosperous industry I learned many new ways of making a fabulous trip. Worked with some very knowledgeable people and enjoyed it.
Pros
large company with great values
Cons
some communication issues