Landrum Staffing

Landrum Staffing Employer Reviews

Life saver
warehous worker (Former Employee), Pensacola FloridaAugust 22, 2014
Pros: great experience
Cons: leaving jobs sometimes
I worked several positions for this company ranging from office to warehouse worker. I learned to drive fork lift at one point and worked in a credit union for a day. I was always in pleasant work environment as company where happy for help. Hardest part of any day was any time you where there for the last time and on to new assignment. The most enjoyable – more... was learning new skills and meeting new people. – less
Waste of Time!!!
Nothing (Former Employee), United StatesJuly 2, 2014
This place is the biggest waste of time I have ever seen. I would not go there. They do not care about helping you get a job. They took the education part of my resume out b/c the lady said it was irrelevant. It is like an assembly line process. Seriously stay away from this place. I would like to see them go out business.
Run as far as you can!
Logistics (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLApril 4, 2014
Pros: pay, work a set 8hrs a day workweek.
Cons: abysmal people-to-job matching, aren't completely honest or open about what jobs entail, pressure you to take whatever they offer you (or else), offer the worst jobs in the area
After being jobless with a B.S. Business Admin for nearly two years, I shamefully decided to go with Landrum Staffing.
I came in wanting an administrative job and made a verbal request and took their computerized Microsoft Office test. I passed with a 96 and they told me they rarely see above an 80 so I knew that I was fit for that kind of work. I sat – more... down and had an interview, and again, made a verbal request but to not to be put into a labor intensive job; I wanted an admin job or related. The very next day, I got called to work at General Electric. Speechless. Not related to anything I have done professionally and it's a job that requires a high school diploma.
I did take the opportunity however (and it was a miserable 8 months) I was not told much information about the work environment and what exactly the work entailed. I was told it was relaxed job with cool A/C and there wouldn't be any unassisted heavy lifting - that was so far from the truth. It was grueling and everything you'd expect from a manufacturing job.
While I was at GE, there were 2 lay-offs in this time and they kept promising good job security (because of the outlook of production) but always told us they didn't know what was going to happen when changes occured. Usually, a lay-off happened.
After getting laid off, I applied to a position that involved parts delivery and putting together parts kits for GE at GexPro. Again, that was all I was told. Nothing about any processes or the work environment except that it's in a warehouse and lifts were assisted. Guess how it actually turned out? Horribly! It was like GE all over again except there was no A/C at all and heavy lifting was more involved. I told them I had a bad back as I also did before the GE position.

Landrum Staffing tries to fill in horrible positions with no way of really trying to match people's skills and abilities to them. With disregard to how a job can actually build skills or bolster one's resume, they pretty much have no humility toward who they hire and how these jobs do you any good. Remember, Landrum Staffing's philosophy as an agency, or a business as you will, to simply hire whoever to do whatever job so they can make their commission for the position they hire you into.
They fill in bad high turnover jobs as quickly as possible with anyone they can find and the generous pay (for this area) is the only attractive incentive for incumbents, such as you, to hire on with them.
Additionally through the experience of my father (who has worked +20yrs of overseas as a government contractor), he tried Landrum Staffing between his contracts and they also tried to do him dirty and fill him into jobs completely unrelated to his skillset. Due to his lack of interest in what they offered him, they eventually stopped talking to him both by phone and e-mail altogether. I've heard this happen to other people too.
Although it is not through my experience, I was told that once you part ways with Landrum Staffing, they will never hire you on - so fair warning.
I can only recommend Landrum Staffing if you are desperate for a job or money so you can make ends meet. – less
Growing and prosperous industry..
Corporate/Leisure Travel Counselor (Current Employee), pensacola floridaJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: large company with great values
Cons: some communication issues
Growing and prosperous industry I learned many new ways of making a fabulous trip. Worked with some very knowledgeable people and enjoyed it.
Okay place to work for when work is available.
Laborer (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLDecember 28, 2013
Pros: various assignments
Cons: lack of available work, lack of communication with staffing agents
complete various staffing assignments on a temporary basis, when work is available.
Not good at all
adminstrative (Current Employee), DestinMay 8, 2013
zero assignments I have been with them for three months no work at all.
Only good when theres work
Temp (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLMarch 12, 2013
Enjoyed the job as a temp worker. Constantly changing companies and learning new systems. Great place to find work when there is work. Downfall, too many employees and not enough jobs.
wonderful company
Temp (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLJanuary 17, 2013
I really enjoyed this company. it was the beginning to my career at the city of milton.
n/a
Material Handler (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLDecember 13, 2012
Pros: great atmosphere to work
Cons: no healthcare or raises
unload and load trucks make sure the paper work is accurate for the shipment and put material in it designate place.
Great Staff , Well established & very consistent
Temporary Worker (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLNovember 5, 2012
Being a young college student, Landrum is a very unique & works well if you have a busy schedule. There always willing to work on your time. the pays decent and the people you meet along the way are very friendly ( most of the time ). depending on what it is your good at Landrum helps find jobs in that certain field.
Good place to work for the pay
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLOctober 6, 2012
Landrum is a good place to work for a temp agency with a good wage.
Work Details
Assistant Bookkeeper (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLSeptember 14, 2012
Receive and route all incoming calls. Process all invoices, matching up invoices with purchase orders and input into database Timberline for payment.
Select invoices for payment and print out checks, then attach carbon copy of check to invoice for filing to proper job file and or vendor file. Keep a running ledger on bank account used to pay invoices, – more... make deposits, etc.
Generate recurring invoices for automobile payments, child support payment deductions and monthly billing.
Code and track all vehicle, building and equipment maintenance.
Kept track of stock and requisitions and service calls. – less
Pleasant staff
Seeking Job in Healthcare Office (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLAugust 1, 2012
Pros: steady work once you are hired in.
Cons: once you have been away from the company awhile, even though good work history, its difficult to get back in for assignments.
Good company one they give you a chance and are hired in. They are good at sending you out to assignments out back to back.

October 24, 2012

I have not had a bad experience with Landrum and yes they are a good company in a sense that once you become employed through them you will continue to receive assignments. However, if you have been away for some time getting back in seems to be very difficult. This is the case with my situation. Whenever i call to speak with someone and ask if i'm even being considered for assignments anymore, I'm given the excuse of, "We have a lot of people looking for work, and we tell all our clients to keep looking for employment else where aside from just Landrum" Ok, i know they don't think that i was completely relying upon them because that would not be the case. It's always the same lady and it's always the same excuse!

January 10, 2013

When I emailed them about no response, I was told the same as the other person "We have many people looking for work and only a few to offer". Still no response to any application. Yes, I am applying online to other positions elsewhere. Disappointed!

Very nice people.
Seismic Observer/ Heavy Lift Operator (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLJuly 3, 2012
The people that you come in to contact at the office are always very nice and helpful. The only reason I cant give them five stars is because the jobs that I have had through them are not permanent. Other than that a good company to work for.

October 25, 2012

I HAVE APPLY AND LAUDRUM STAFFING HAVE SOME MUCH EXP. AND PASSED DRUG, BACKGROUND CHECK, TESTING AND HAVE NEVER BEEN CALLED FOR A JOB YOU GOT LUCKY BECAUSE I NEVER BEEN CALLED FOR WORK.

Landrum Is the Best in the Area
Temp (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLFebruary 12, 2012
Pros: established, professional
Cons: sometimes slow at responding to calls or emails.
Landrum is the best in the area at what they do. If you want/need a temporary job, you need to sign-up with Landrum

About Landrum Staffing

Landrum Staffing specializes in the following types of employment: Office/Administrative: Secretaries, general office clerks, – Read more