Landrum Staffing Employee Reviews

Productive fun workplace
Temp (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLJuly 27, 2015
This was my first experience with a staffing company and I have to say it made a difference. They worked just as hard to find my a job as I did. They always made sure I was in an enjoyable environment and was lucky that they placed me with a copy that I have enjoyed working for.
Fun work place
Residential Training Aide (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLJuly 15, 2015
Fun work place with encouraging management. Worked well with co-workers nothing hard about the job just a little challenging at time. The most enjoyable part of the job was to meet the clients needs and to see a big smile on their face.
Average pay, with little room for advancement.
Secretary (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Free training, and ability to choose your own work schedule.
Cons: Little room for advancement, with minimal pay.
I only spent a short time working for this company, while I was waiting for my licensure to come through, in order to work for myself. I found this company to be a great option for someone looking to gain skills, and become familiar with the community, if they are new to the area. That being said, I believe that the company has little room for advancement, but they do provide free training, which, in my opinion, is valuable.
Excellent place to work.
Clerical (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLMarch 30, 2015
Pros: They work very hard to find you a job.
Cons: There are times that they can't place you on a job.
This agency was very helpful with job placement. They provided several tutorials that will help you brush up on your skills so you will be ready for the work force.
Productive work
Insurance Biller (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: healthcare
Cons: temporary assignments don't allow for financial security
I've enjoyed working with staff and co-workers and I liked the work. I have learned that I am flexible to handle any position I endeavor. I find it difficult to change careers as I am only matched to opportunities showing my last 10 years of experience.
Great company
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLJanuary 14, 2015
Since working with Landrum Staffing, I have experienced nothing but professionalism with the staff and administration. The job assignments are sought out very carefully to fit the needs of each employee.
Productive and great place to work
Assembly Tech (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLNovember 5, 2014
I love what I do , the people I work with and learning something new each day. Building wind turbines is really amazing, knowing that you had a hand in providing electricity for over 375 home through just one turbine.
Jobs are temporary.
Maintenance (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLOctober 21, 2014
Pros: temporary, low pay for type of work you are doing.
Cons: getting a pay check while working.
Took jobs hoping to lead to something bigger and permanent. Only temporary.
Great place to work and get job experperience.
Ofc Admin / Receptionist / Member Serv Rep (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: job training and experience. meeting people.
Cons: only temporary work.
I have been an employee with this company for many years. I have had the pleasure of meeting wonderful people over the years and getting on- the- job training at various assignments. Daily work consist of customer service, daily work on a computer, multi tasking, answering the telephone, training new employees, working with large sums of money and other office duties. The experience has been educational and the training, priceless. The toughest part of the assisgnments would be not a lot of job security.
Life saver
warehous worker (Former Employee), Pensacola FloridaAugust 22, 2014
Pros: great experience
Cons: leaving jobs sometimes
I worked several positions for this company ranging from office to warehouse worker. I learned to drive fork lift at one point and worked in a credit union for a day. I was always in pleasant work environment as company where happy for help. Hardest part of any day was any time you where there for the last time and on to new assignment. The most enjoyable was learning new skills and meeting new people.
Waste of Time!!!
Nothing (Former Employee), United StatesJuly 2, 2014
This place is the biggest waste of time I have ever seen. I would not go there. They do not care about helping you get a job. They took the education part of my resume out b/c the lady said it was irrelevant. It is like an assembly line process. Seriously stay away from this place. I would like to see them go out business.
Run as far as you can!
Logistics (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLApril 4, 2014
Pros: pay, work a set 8hrs a day workweek.
Cons: abysmal people-to-job matching, aren't completely honest or open about what jobs entail, pressure you to take whatever they offer you (or else), offer the worst jobs in the area
After being jobless with a B.S. Business Admin for nearly two years, I shamefully decided to go with Landrum Staffing.
I came in wanting an administrative job and made a verbal request and took their computerized Microsoft Office test. I passed with a 96 and they told me they rarely see above an 80 so I knew that I was fit for that kind of work. I sat down and had an interview, and again, made a verbal request but to not to be put into a labor intensive job; I wanted an admin job or related. The very next day, I got called to work at General Electric. Speechless. Not related to anything I have done professionally and it's a job that requires a high school diploma.
I did take the opportunity however (and it was a miserable 8 months) I was not told much information about the work environment and what exactly the work entailed. I was told it was relaxed job with cool A/C and there wouldn't be any unassisted heavy lifting - that was so far from the truth. It was grueling and everything you'd expect from a manufacturing job.
While I was at GE, there were 2 lay-offs in this time and they kept promising good job security (because of the outlook of production) but always told us they didn't know what was going to happen when changes occured. Usually, a lay-off happened.
After getting laid off, I applied to a position that involved parts delivery and putting together parts kits for GE at GexPro. Again, that was all I was told. Nothing about any processes or the work environment except that it's in a warehouse and lifts were assisted. Guess how it actually turned out? Horribly! It was – more... like GE all over again except there was no A/C at all and heavy lifting was more involved. I told them I had a bad back as I also did before the GE position.

Landrum Staffing tries to fill in horrible positions with no way of really trying to match people's skills and abilities to them. With disregard to how a job can actually build skills or bolster one's resume, they pretty much have no humility toward who they hire and how these jobs do you any good. Remember, Landrum Staffing's philosophy as an agency, or a business as you will, to simply hire whoever to do whatever job so they can make their commission for the position they hire you into.
They fill in bad high turnover jobs as quickly as possible with anyone they can find and the generous pay (for this area) is the only attractive incentive for incumbents, such as you, to hire on with them.
Additionally through the experience of my father (who has worked +20yrs of overseas as a government contractor), he tried Landrum Staffing between his contracts and they also tried to do him dirty and fill him into jobs completely unrelated to his skillset. Due to his lack of interest in what they offered him, they eventually stopped talking to him both by phone and e-mail altogether. I've heard this happen to other people too.
Although it is not through my experience, I was told that once you part ways with Landrum Staffing, they will never hire you on - so fair warning.
I can only recommend Landrum Staffing if you are desperate for a job or money so you can make ends meet. – less
Growing and prosperous industry..
Corporate/Leisure Travel Counselor (Current Employee), pensacola floridaJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: large company with great values
Cons: some communication issues
Growing and prosperous industry I learned many new ways of making a fabulous trip. Worked with some very knowledgeable people and enjoyed it.
Okay place to work for when work is available.
Laborer (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLDecember 28, 2013
Pros: various assignments
Cons: lack of available work, lack of communication with staffing agents
complete various staffing assignments on a temporary basis, when work is available.
Not good at all
adminstrative (Current Employee), DestinMay 8, 2013
zero assignments I have been with them for three months no work at all.
Only good when theres work
Temp (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLMarch 12, 2013
Enjoyed the job as a temp worker. Constantly changing companies and learning new systems. Great place to find work when there is work. Downfall, too many employees and not enough jobs.
wonderful company
Temp (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLJanuary 17, 2013
I really enjoyed this company. it was the beginning to my career at the city of milton.
n/a
Material Handler (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLDecember 13, 2012
Pros: great atmosphere to work
Cons: no healthcare or raises
unload and load trucks make sure the paper work is accurate for the shipment and put material in it designate place.
Great Staff , Well established & very consistent
Temporary Worker (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLNovember 5, 2012
Being a young college student, Landrum is a very unique & works well if you have a busy schedule. There always willing to work on your time. the pays decent and the people you meet along the way are very friendly ( most of the time ). depending on what it is your good at Landrum helps find jobs in that certain field.
Good place to work for the pay
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLOctober 6, 2012
Landrum is a good place to work for a temp agency with a good wage.
Headquarters