Landry's Inc. Employee Reviews

Amazing management and opportunities for growth
Retail Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 10, 2017
Absolutely love this company. Great experience working here throughout the years. Cross training is the best way to go. So many opportunities for each department.
I enjoy working for Landry's
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Ontario Mills, CAOctober 9, 2017
I work part-time as a bartender/server at Rainforest Cafe. We have a very good team atmosphere there like I have seen at no other! My coworkers and I love each other and work great as a team. I've learned patience, compassion, and forgiveness while employed there. We have a management that really listens and will help to see you succeed. I enjoy working with the public and helping people. The hardest part of my job is dealing with difficult people. It isn't always easy but I've learned through the coaching of my management how to deal with folks with grace and understanding. Most enjoyable part is working with the kids, seeing their faces light up while they are there. Unfortunately I am not getting enough working hours to live off of so I must seek other opportunities.
Pros
Opportunity to make money, helping people enjoy themselves, discounted meals, working with a great staff
Cons
Hours on your feet and sometimes very fast paced
Fun place to work
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 30, 2017
You get to interact with people from all around the world you just need to give it time and you will end up liking it their you have to have a lot of patience
Worst place ever, Mastros Chicago, DONT WORK HERE
SOUS CHEF (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 26, 2017
Worst place I ever worked. Moved here because they said it needed a little help. Little did I know, the place, sucked, as well as the people and managemetn including the regional chris. Hides behind his computer and hopes things will fix itself.
Pros
Staff meal, Its all fried
Cons
The company sucks dick
Great team work
Server (waitress) and Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GASeptember 20, 2017
The work system at Landry's restaurants makes your job even more easier, and it helps to built a great team work between co-workers. In every Landry's restaurant that I had the opportunity to work at, the Management was very understandable and friendly which helps to keep a positive environment.
Ping Pong Tables
Server (Former Employee) –  Kemah, TXSeptember 17, 2017
Managed closing duties, and opening.
Treated my entire section as one table.
Promoted and endorsed the company to bring in new business.
The guest.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks
Fast paced
Host Trainer (Former Employee) –  Kemah, TXSeptember 3, 2017
Most days are slow but Friday nights- Sunday nights are extremely fast paced and a bit stressful. I learned some patience, how to handle upset guests, and better costumer service. The management most of the time was very good, sometimes unfair. The workplace was fun considering it was based on a movie. We had trivia we could play with the guests and our restaurant was themed after Forrest Gump. The hardest part of the job was dealing with very upset guests, especially over wait times or lazy employees that we would have to clean up after (i.e have to re-clean or re-sweep a table because they did not clean it correctly). An annoying part of being a host trainer was training people that did not seem to care about the job whatsoever and having to continuously correct their mistakes throughout the training process or even after the training process. The most enjoyable part of the job was the team I got to work with. Most of them are very hardworking with a great work ethic.
Pros
awesome team
Cons
short breaks and you have to pay to have a discount on food
Friendly warm work environment
Host (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJSeptember 3, 2017
I love working at my job. I absolutely love everyone that I work with and am so glad that I get to tell people that I like my job. I just wish that I could advance my career.
Pros
Employee discount program
Cons
Low pay
Work culture based on who's friends with who
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 1, 2017
Everything is based on who likes who. Simple as that. No flexibility in work hours. Micro managed. Horrible benefits and underpaid. Systems and reporting aren't good.
Pros
good food in cafeteria
Cons
poor benefits. poor management. no proper HR.
Not the best place to work at
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Mesquite, TXAugust 31, 2017
A typical day at work would be clocking In and going straight to the host stand. Due pre shift duties and atomically greeting customers as they walk in and seating them and handing out the menus. In this job I've learned how to communicate with others as well how to work under pressure. The management of the restaurant is not the best. The hardest part of this job has to be not only accomplishing the guests needs but as well as the managers and servers.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Working Hours, Stressful
fine dining restaurant
Bar back, server, busser (Former Employee) –  Dana Point, CAAugust 29, 2017
slower paced work style, everything is about the customer. i had learned great customer service and working as a team to make the customer enjoy their time.
mostly relaxed workplace with fun employees
Rides Operator (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXAugust 28, 2017
learned a lot about interacting with customers/guests, most enjoyable part was being on the ocean, hardest part was standing up all day, but overall a good job
Pros
meet a lot of people
Cons
short breaks, too hot for uniforms in summer
Stressful
Retail Buyer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 25, 2017
Landry doesn't give you a work life balance. Management positions are given when not earned. The HR dept is very unhelpful they are friends with management so when complaints are sent not much follow through. You will be wrote up for complaining.
Pros
Lunch Provided for reasonable price
Cons
Benefits are high, No work-life balance, Poor Management, HR is disconnected.
Call Center Plantation
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 25, 2017
I worked extremely harder in sales than any one in the history of the Call Center in Houston Corporate. I gave my notice because of the hectic scoring and management tactics, they score you low and you loose your hard worked commission, no sick days you will get penalized if your having chest pains or any sickness is not acceptable. Manager of call center fired me 5 days prior to my commission due date and my last day of work I gave him. Billion dollar buyer does not need "My hard earned commission".
Pros
Commission, 401K, Lunch on site
Cons
no sick days, no holiday pay, timed breaks, penalies for everything, horrible QA procedures.
can never move up
Server (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 18, 2017
Its hard to try to move up in this company alot of manager's do alot of favoritism I've seen so many employees get the run around when getting to move up and if they don't like you they will give you no hours. They also like to pick point everything as if they don't do anything wrong while working there. Some managers are awesome. Overall good place to work at If you like the restaurant feel plus you get a discount on the food.
Pros
discounts
Cons
short breaks even when working 8hr shifts, they really don't pay attention to you
good place
Cook (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXAugust 17, 2017
Cooking Was Good opening team Was Good I got To See New Places Working With Good People Who Like What They Do A Fast pace Cooking All Kinds Of Food Brioling
Easy pay everyone gets along
Busser (Current Employee) –  16 west 51 st Rockefeller centerAugust 14, 2017
I enjoy working for the company Landrys good people and get the job done if you every wanted a job they are the people to go to they give you chances to prove them your a hard worker even if you don't have that in particular work experience
Pros
Health care
Cons
Customer
Outstanding attention to detail
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAAugust 11, 2017
Understand guidelines clearly
Passion for others and ability to comply with all policies and procedures
Management can use some help in many areas not just in food and beverage
New employees should be evaluated closer
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 21, 2017
I was in charge of the retail in charge of putting things where they belong and keeping my area well-managed. Also I was in charge of closing and checking out cashier.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
No breaks and hours
Staff Accountant
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 12, 2017
I would recommend this job position for anyone with a few years of accounting experience wanting to jump into the field head on and is willing to sacrifice for awhile in order to gain good experience.
If you value work-life balance, this job is not for you unless as previously noted, you're willing to hustle for awhile.
When you initially get trained, take this opportunity to ask as many questions and take notes because once they feel they have trained you, any question going forward is like pulling teeth to management.
Good Luck!
Pros
Employee Cafeteria, Employee Discounts
Cons
Work-Life Balance, Workload, Management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Landry's Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.