Landry's Inc Employee Reviews

Very productive and clean environment. Fish Tanks!
Safari Assistant (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJune 27, 2015
Pros: Free lunch for all double shifts
Cons: Nothing notable
A typical day at the Rainforest Cafe, owned by Landry's Inc., would be a 7-12 hour shift. We had our own break room with locker storage so that was the first place employees would head to drop off coats, electronics, etc. When the shift began I would go straight to busting tables and keeping the restaurant clean. We held bathroom checks every 15 minutes. The bussers operated on a typical 3- 4 man system consisting of one to two clearers who carried bust tubs, a setter who carried a silverware tray, and a "floater" who usually helped stock silverware, unload bust tubs on a busy night, help out the bar stock - glasses or trash - and/or help catch the dining area up. The management was the best I have ever seen in a restaurant. They were very interactive and kept business rolling while also maintaining good relationships with the employees.The job itself wasnt very difficult, however the long hours wear down on your back and knees. The thing I enjoyed most while at Rainforest Cafe was catching a break and seeing the football game scores at the bar televisions. Overall, this was my favorite job Ive ever held.
Typical Work Day
Assistant Buyer (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 4, 2015
A typical day would consist of me answering emails pertaining to store and vendor issues. Checking locations current inventory and incoming orders. Discussing with management approval for purchase orders.
Work Hard No Play
General Manager (Current Employee), Tempe, AZFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: hours of work
No life except for work and that was the 14 years I worked there. They pay great but that is so you give up your life for them.
Very friendly management and staff
Marketing director (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAAugust 19, 2014
Pros: employees were put first and always had the ability to give feedback, not only to changes made within the company, but also with the way the department could improve
Cons: offices are not located everywhere, only in certain cities.
I enjoyed my time working for this company, it pushed me to think outside of my comfort zone and encouraged me in growing as a person and an employee.
Fun job
Haunted House Actor (Former Employee), Kemah, TXMay 2, 2014
Pros: discount card, great place to work, fun
Cons: seasonal
Working in a haunted house run by Landrys was so fun. Management was nice, and my coworkers were wonderful.
Cafeteria,gym, retail store
Accounting Assistant (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 1, 2014
Pros: 50% off all locations
Cons: little room to advance/grow
Busy, always something to do. Management some are awesome, some think they don't have to acknowledge anyone below them. Job is very easy. Leaned Oracle and many other systems.
get in, get it done, and get out work flow
Retail Associate (Pathfinder) (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 22, 2013
Pros: six month quarter raises
Cons: unorganized management
A typical shift includes greeting guest, upkeeping the store, clean up litter, cashier, restock the floor, stock the stock room once a week, adhere to a strict dress code, and preform a variety of projects given by management including daily sale goals.

I've learned how customer service operates, how handle a variety of situations in retail, and their POS system. My managers were never really on the same page. It was not the fault of ability, but that the main manager in charge is bi-polar to what she wanted done. It made it difficult for her assistant managers to give us employees proper direction. This corporation has a extremely high turnover rate. Most of my co-workers chose to leave due to the difficulties explained earlier. Some were fired because of what I believe miscommunications due to the issue I presented earlier. It is very difficult to always be under pressure from one manager or another while both are contradicting each other or are simply saying to do two different things. Instead of both of them saying the same thing. I enjoyed the location of my job. Before work, I could stop by somewhere to wait until my shift started, and after wards, I could go somewhere with co-workers.
Interesting/Difficult/Fun workplace
Bartender/Server/Food Runner/Host (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 12, 2013
A typical day at work includes greeting guests, taking their meal orders, running food, cleaning. I have learned most, if not all of my restaurant knowledge from here. I started as a host with no previous experience and worked my way up to bartending. It sometimes feels as if management doesn't care much about their employees. They mostly do the minimum possible to avoid getting in trouble with corporate. The hardest part of the job is dealing with people and dealing with trying to find a manager when you need them. The most enjoyable part of the job is conversing with people.
good pay, work long hours
FOH Manager (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSOctober 26, 2013
Pros: money
Cons: long hours
its okay to work here but long hours and no home life. I had a great manager but he left and when the new manager came the place became a horrible place to work
Wonderful place to work
Hostess (Former Employee), The Woodlands, TXDecember 12, 2012
Pros: discounted meals
Cons: few hours
Typically working at Grotto consisted of manageable work loads and a smooth paced environment. I've learned many secretarial skills and my time there was indispensable. My managers all worked well together and made every day enjoyable. Co-workers maintained a familial sense and even on our rough days, showed heart. The hardest part of the job was also the most enjoyable. Hectic nights during the holidays often induced stress but everyone worked together and everything always worked out for the betterment of ourselves and our guests experience in the restaurant.
Flexible and Fun Environment
Amusements Supervisor (Former Employee), Kemah, TXAugust 6, 2012
Great place to work, fun employees, and great discounts! Meeting guests, operating the rides, it's an all round great place to work. Flexible hours too!
Very accomodating to Students
Regional Host Trainer (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 11, 2012
I learned leadership skills and how to multitask. I also practiced Customer service skills on a daily basis.
Very nice workplace with soccer, billard tables, and an onsite gym.
Restaurant Accountant (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 26, 2012
Pros: lunches at discount rate
Cons: too much work
Landry's is a very nice place to work for with a lot of great discounts.