Landry's Restaurants

Landry's Restaurants Employer Reviews

Great company with excellent benefits
Host (Former Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 31, 2014
Pros: 50% employee discount, healthcare benefits, etc.
Through this employment opportunity I have learned how to deliver exceptional customer service, I received excellent benefits and most importantly, I enjoyed working.
Unfriendly environment
Server (Former Employee), ColoradoJuly 18, 2014
Pros: good coworkers
Cons: grumpy managers, no money, selfish company
Working for a Landry's restaurant, the environment was terrible. The manager was in a terrible mood all the time, he acted as though anything bad that happened was the servers' fault. The company as a whole didn't seem to care about their employees or their well-being. I would get called off at least 2 of my shifts a week, making no money. The company – more... seemed to also only care about getting themselves more money. The point system they have in place is also terrible. If you had one bad week, it would mess you up for months at a time. I definitely suggest considering other options before working for this very, very corporate company. – less
Terrible company with zero communication or organization.
Bar Manager (Former Employee), HonoluluJuly 17, 2014
Cons: bad, dishonest management, promises never kept, disorganized, terrible training, pass blame. expensive insurance...the cons are too many to type.
Run fast in the other direction, and don't work here. Upper management lies and will have backroom meetings about you. This was the worst experience in 20 years in the business. Their training program was a disaster and then blamed me for their incompetence. They are still trying to fill the management position six months later. Nobody lasts, because – more... they have impossible expectations..you must deliver perfection. The venue had incompetent security, and fights broke out every weekend.

If you feel like being degraded and undervalued, then Landrys is the company for you. Don't bother with the medical insurance...it will cost you a fortune. Obamacare is cheaper.

As I said...run. – less
The only good thing was the Disneyland benefits
Line Cook (Former Employee), DisneylandMarch 4, 2014
Pros: disney benifits
Cons: no team work
If You don't Speak/Understand Spanish you Will Have A Very Tough Time Here.
There's Is Favoritism.
Group sales Coordinator (Current Employee), Lake Buena Vista FlJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: disney benefits
Cons: no health insurance
It was a good experience but I did not feel that they were setting me up for success.
Culture of Landry's and Upper Management
General Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 12, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: fear tactics and constant changes; upper management are idiots.
The most unprofessional upper management and liars ever seen in 20+ years in the business. During recruitment, they were extremely cordial and then, it's chaos. Their reputation is a disaster when talking to recruiters throughout the United States. Should have asked more questions before working for this dysfunctional outfit.
Mixed Feelings
Employee (Former Employee), Galveston, TxSeptember 18, 2013
Pros: consistent breaks, employee meals, discounts, and atmosphere
Cons: pay!!!! treatment, and bar uniforms
I worked for the San Luis and the Fisherman's Wharf. I wouldn't ever work for Landry's again. The management is trained to constantly threaten employees. It's pretty easy to just do your job. The secret shops aren't bad. They hired two kids to run their cafe when I worked there. As long as you do what you are supposed to you have nothing to worry about. – more... They just don't care about their employees. Forget about raises or getting promotions. They just want puppets and robots working for them. – less
Worst Restaurant Corporation to work for..
Server (Former Employee), NorthridgeJuly 29, 2013
This corporation is so worried about paying employees and managers are so worried about "labor costs" the staff is cut down to a skeleton crew. Employees on the floor (hosts, servers, busser's) expected to do 3 positions. Pantry cooks are expected to make pizza, soups salads and desserts for 20 tables nearly impossible ticket times are high not to mention – more... stressful for the pantry cook.Servers are slammed with tables one after another, managers do not help and expect perfect service. There service standards and steps to take with each table and servers are secret shopped and this is difficult to accomplish when handling 9 tables and servers are fired if standards are not met. Landrys Corporation wants to turn tables and would rather pack as many people in with limited amount of staff to save a dollar costing the guests experience. Unprofessional management often they say inappropriate things to employees and communication, teamwork and leadership is lacking. Servers feel verbally harassed and threatened at times.Management is quick to throw servers under the bus even if the food problem was a kitchen error. This was the general feeling among employees as being overworked and unappreciated. The restaurant I worked for was constantly running out of supplies again to save "money." Dishwasher doesn't clean dishes properly constantly wiping off glasses. The location I worked at in Southern California had rats and the management instead of calling EcoLab decided to handle things themselves making the problem even worse. After multiple tables saw the rat problem the management then decided to take care of things with professional help. Most of the managers had no customer service and were willing to let guests leave if they were upset and not come back without resolving the situation. A few managers would come in and out who cared about the guest experience. They remolded the restaurant and I would constantly get comments about how horrible it looks and how they should have left it the way it was. By far one of the worst restaurants I have worked for. Run horribly, no support and no benefits. – less
Productive workplace that promotes teamwork
Server (Current Employee), McKinney, TXJuly 27, 2013
Co-workers are very nice and management always makes sure to put their employees first. I've learned much about customer service and sales tactics throughout the job.
For the most part good hard working staff.
Manager (Former Employee), DenverJuly 17, 2013
Pros: fun theme, hard working people
Cons: very inconsistent business volumes, "shoot from the hip" management, and the attutude of "that's not my job" comes from the management quite often. over priced, sub-par seafood.
Deceptive job description, unclear & unrealistic expectations. inconsistent training for both hourly to salary level staff. Claim of good work life balance, however if you upset the upper management, you schedule will be changed without notice or explination and you'll never see your family awake. If being Micromanaged and hammered on everyday for small – more... mistakes and never hearing about what you did a good job on is for you, then this is a great company! Prepare to be bullied!! I think I heard the "Emperial" theme music from Sar Wars playing when I got to work everyday. – less
Busy place to work
Desserts and Colds Line Cook (Former Employee), Disney Animal KingdomApril 17, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: expensive healthcare and not so much advancing in positions
I liked it while it lasted, it was fun to work and meet new people opened in the morning prep station and kept coolers clean always making sure you were stacked for the day. Easy transition from day shift and night shift overall good place to work!
Busy Full service
Manager (Current Employee), Gurnee, IllMarch 29, 2013
Pros: busy
Cons: lack of hours
Great place for family and fun. Long hours, no room for growth unless you're willing to relocate across the country
Fun Workplace
Guest Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 7, 2013
• Organized weekly staff schedules for Team Members
• Provided all training for new and current Team Members
• Monitored, managed, and ensured the accuracy of all daily cash transactions
• Provided and ensured an overall welcoming experience for patrons via phone and in person
Good for quick money or moving up
Head Trainer/Bartender (Current Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCJanuary 3, 2013
Not good for a long term server/bartender position. Terrible benefits and no raises.
Terrible company
SALES EXECUTIVE, SERVER, BUSSER (Former Employee), USAOctober 16, 2012
Cons: they make you pay for food that isn't even prepared for you.
No human resource department that is competent enough to take care of employee needs. Management is overworked. You are only allowed about 2-3 hours per shift. They send you home without notice. They could careless if you got hurt on the job. I WANT TO QUIT.
Lack of professionalism and stable management
sr. garnishment specialist (Former Employee), houston, txOctober 10, 2012
Cons: they will demand you work long hours as a salaried person
The company seems okay as long as you know upfront if you are a salaried employee they demand you work a minimum of 50-60 hours a week. This is due to the companies hidden philosphy of if you are able to complete all of your daily work within an avg 8 hour day then they are not keeping you busy enough.

The company "skirts" the FLSA law which governs – more... which employees are exempt from overtime by trying to make all employees exempt, then require you to work in excess of 50 hours a week.

The management structure and atmosphere is not stable and always in such disarray that it adds to the old adage of the inmates are running the insylum. There is a very clear lack of true leadership within most departments especially with the human resources/payroll department. I would not recommend anyone work for them at this time until there is a real change of management. – less
Calm Productive work place
Hostess (Former Employee), El Paso, TXSeptember 25, 2012
Pros: 50% discounts
Calm and steady during the day more fast and busy after five. Good busy weekends. Management worked together, made sure the customers were satisfied and the workers were always doing their jobs. Everyone worked together and helped whoever needed a hand.
Quite a good job with a lot of new rules every day
Admissions (Former Employee), Galveston, TXAugust 27, 2012
My typical workday: get the position (greeting/parking/front ticket booth), cashing in, if needed, and then cashing out. I had to smile, to talk with guests (I liked it), and help them to make their choice.
I learned how to stay calm, how to use register. My management was OK. My Co-workers were really cool. The hardest part of the job was staying in – more... the sun. Also it was hard to follow all the strict rules.
The most enjoyable part was communicating with my co-workers during the work-day and after it. – less
Productive, fun, and fast pace work enviornment
Certified Trainer (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 7, 2012
Cons: no breaks
Working at Landry's was one of the best work experiences I've ever had. I loved the management team, They were fair and equal to ever employee. Although, it was a bit unorganized it was worth the hassel.
Outstanding restaurant concepts
National Management Recruiter (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 26, 2012
Very professional main offices based in Houston, Texas. Extremely corporate culture.