LANDRY'S Employee Reviews

Fun Workplace, Great for complimenting academic career
Server (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 10, 2015
I worked with private party VIP dining. I would coordinate with the banquet hall leaders to meet needs of diverse diners. In many cases, I was responsible for leading teams of about 3-5 employees.

The culture is awesome here and I was able to make awesome friends that I am still networked with today. Management played a solid role in this team's success through strong communication and proactively preparing employees for uncertain volume on a day-to-day basis.

The most difficult thing about this job was the unknown pay variable. It was difficult to guage what would be earned each day which made it difficult to budget.
Pros
Flexibile hours, Great culture
Cons
Unknown pay, weekend work
A great company that lost focus on where they began "taking care of the guest".
Restaurant Manager / Senior Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 25, 2012
My day started with looking at numbers of what sales needed to be hit in order to hit labor. Doing the floor chart and then doing staff reviews with other managers. Doing line checks, inventory counts and making sure everything is correct to turn into home office. Running the floor and talking to every guest ensuring that everything was perfect. Coaching and almost micro managing the staff to make sure they were giving proper service.
Pros
a ton of structure
Cons
too much paperwork, phone calls weekly and not enough time on the floor with the guest to welcome them back.
As a Company and Restuarant
Server (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 26, 2012
They are the most strict restaurant which only care about the one thing you do wrong and not the many you do right. At first I thought it was just me but starting to talk to other associates from different themes who are considering applying to new fresh concepts that actually take care of their employees. My company in my many years of restaurants is honestly the worst. They make money because their employees but their systems are old and antiquated.
They have grown to quick and do not take care of their front or back of the house people.
Pros
honestly none
Cons
management, regional and in-house, rules, secret shoppers, ethics
High demand,with low worker morale,due to management
McCormick and Schmicks Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Kst.,NW,washington D.C.October 3, 2014
As a dishwasher,Landry's expectations increases the demand/responsibilities on it's employees.Running a business on a skeleton crew of persons might show a profit,but thus in turn,a high turn over rate of personnel.I was required to rinse,run,dry,and stack dishes on a serving cart for pick-up,as well as wash pots/pans dry them and take them back to the chefs,plus pick them up from the cooking line.Take out the trash as servers bring a multitude of dishes,trays that fills cans rapidly all the duty of (1)man,a dish washer.
Pros
paid $11.50/hr.
Cons
high stress, no breaks, low morale
Kitchen Manager
Senior Kitchen Manager / FOH Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAFebruary 4, 2014
Started the day early AM, around 7. set up prep list for the day for menu items and stock for rush hours. did prep, schedule, inventory, P&L, meetings, reviews and worked on the line during peak times, worked on line during lunch rush about 2.5 hours and then set up for dinner, stated through dinner rush did some paper work and left for the night, around 7 or 8 pm. came home and went to bed and did the same thing everyday with only 1 day off per week, no time for a social life or a family.
Pros
staff and friends
Cons
hours, pay
Fast pace environment to work on all areas of accounting
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Corporate office in Houston, TXJanuary 19, 2016
Each day there are issues of AP to resolve, verification of AR, preparation of journal entries, contact locations to follow up with issues to resolve, review of income statement, verification of AP, review of balance sheet.
Learn about work more paperless, verification of documentation and data, to do analysis of general ledger accounts and more.
The most difficult is to contact with the GM on a short timeframe to resolve urgent issues and work long hours.
Waitress
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 30, 2014
Worked in a fast pace environment. Communicated with customers regarding general service inquiries and promotion of products and services. Excellent customer service was provided when managing customer relationships. Responded to customer inquiries and needs in a promptly manner. Occasionally answered phones and worked the front reception desk. Listened, understand, and responded to customer needs. Sell and promote
value-added products and service.

Fast paced work environment
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Kemah, TXSeptember 20, 2012
Have worked for this company all of my adult life. I have learned computer skills with accounting software and gained managerial experience with a satellite office in Galveston with several employees. Have obtained valuable experience when Landry's was a publicly traded company as well as a private entity.
Pros
covered parking, free lunches, dining discount, insurance, 401k, vacation days
Cons
very small office, long commute
Work environment
Accounts Payable/Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 11, 2014
I've never been to a work place where the people are not friendly and won't even speak if it's in the morning. Some of the management are not people persons and can't get along with some of their employees that work under them. Overall the job wasn't hard but trying to advance in the company is kinda hard if your nit liked.
Pros
free drinks, coffee, tea
Cons
insurance is not good
Educational and elegant workplace with a great team
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach, FloridaSeptember 16, 2015
Beautiful ocean views while working with finest seafood and freshest ingredients in the cocktails and the food. I learned the most about wine which was quite enjoyable. Management and colleagues were a great team when under pressure and high expectations were held as it has a lot of history.
Pros
Incentives and wine knowledge
Cons
Very weather depending
great company and food.
Head Server and Trainer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 5, 2015
great management and atmosphere. good training and staff.

I learned great teamwork and solid systems always in place.

The management was great and worked well with each other.

Solid team always worked for the benefit of the guest and each other.

having fun while working.
Pros
great teamwork and training systems.
Cons
paying for the employee incentive program.
Extremely productive work environment.
Senior Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 21, 2012
Learned a lot working here but just wanted to make a career change.
Ran both front of the house and back of the house operations while making sure that guests have a positive experience. The most enjoyable part of the job is talking to the guests and regulars and I loved the wait staff.
Pros
free food.
Cons
not very good benefits.
Productive and Fun place to work
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 5, 2012
This facility has an edge in the Entertainment and Hospitality Industries. The CEO of the company has taken Measures of growth by Leaps and bounds above industry standards amongst a failing economy.
Pros
employee purchases discount
Cons
healthcare cost, work-life balance, open door policies
Great Staff Poor Management.
server (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 17, 2015
Does not care about your availability will schedule you and make you work around it. Employee's are expected to work every holiday. Really hardworking, knowledgeable, professional staff but many do not last very long because of management.
Pros
great tips, high end
Cons
no work-life balance
Great work environment with an amazing staff.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 20, 2015
I loved working for this company. Everyone knew each other on a personal level and was enjoyable to work with. The work helped boost my customer skills and gave me an opportunity to advance my skills as a supervisor.
Pros
free lunch, good pay
Cons
long drive to work
Great Job!
Accounting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kemah, TXJanuary 19, 2013
Very energetic and challenging work place. I like the people I work with we are like family. I also like that it is easy to talk to superior. Great benefits, great hours to work.
Pros
paid vacation, free lunches
Cons
i dislike the distance i must drive each day to work and back home.
Best food with a great atmosphere a
McCormick and Shmidt (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 20, 2015
challenging fast past fun job to have, beneficial only if you desire to be unique with the ability to deliver the service, with good benefits offered.
Pros
great paying job
Cons
very fast past hard to keep up if this isn't something your not good at.
Positive work environment
Waiter (Current Employee) –  Webster, TXApril 15, 2013
My days are filled with positive attitudes, integrity, customer satisfaction, restaurant focus and maintaining high salesmanship. This job has taught me to love what I do and respect the people I work for and with.
Pros
interacting with people
Cons
Fantastic management and fun work environment
Trainer/Server (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNOctober 13, 2014
The managers at Bubba Gump Shrimp Company in Minnesota give their employees freedom while still providing accountability, and enhancing a fun and engaging work environment.
Great Culture
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 15, 2015
You knew what was expected of you. Enjoyed by time with Babins and my supervisors and co workers were awesome. Need to say focus on value for guests and not stressing so much about labor on the landrys side.