LANDRY'S

LANDRY'S Employer Reviews

a day at landry's
Server (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 3, 2015
Pros: great food, and good customers
Cons: not many hours
a review of your menu, and a quick servay of the crowd for that day. After that is making sure the customer is served to their highest expectancy.
Best food with a great atmosphere a
McCormick and Shmidt (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: great paying job
Cons: very fast past hard to keep up if this isn't something your not good at.
challenging fast past fun job to have, beneficial only if you desire to be unique with the ability to deliver the service, with good benefits offered.
Great work environment with an amazing staff.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Nashville, TNFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: free lunch, good pay
Cons: long drive to work
I loved working for this company. Everyone knew each other on a personal level and was enjoyable to work with. The work helped boost my customer skills and gave me an opportunity to advance my skills as a supervisor.
Productive and everyone is engaged with each other
Accounting Assistant (Current Employee), Lake Buena Vista, FLJanuary 14, 2015
Great experience if you're looking to learn the career field.
great company and food.
Head Server and Trainer (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: great teamwork and training systems.
Cons: paying for the employee incentive program.
great management and atmosphere. good training and staff.

I learned great teamwork and solid systems always in place.

The management was great and worked well with each other.

Solid team always worked for the benefit of the guest and each other.

having fun while working.
Good
Line Cook (Current Employee), San Francisco, CANovember 12, 2014
Show up 10 mins early, check line make sure everything is stocked and properly maintained. Check quality of food and temp of food. Management is friendly and talkative.
Facilities Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 27, 2014
I have great sucess working with Landry's. Great people who I work with and very diligent management team.
Fantastic management and fun work environment
Trainer/Server (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNOctober 13, 2014
The managers at Bubba Gump Shrimp Company in Minnesota give their employees freedom while still providing accountability, and enhancing a fun and engaging work environment.
High demand,with low worker morale,due to management
McCormick and Schmicks Dishwasher (Former Employee), Kst.,NW,washington D.C.October 3, 2014
Pros: paid $11.50/hr.
Cons: high stress, no breaks, low morale
As a dishwasher,Landry's expectations increases the demand/responsibilities on it's employees.Running a business on a skeleton crew of persons might show a profit,but thus in turn,a high turn over rate of personnel.I was required to rinse,run,dry,and stack dishes on a serving cart for pick-up,as well as wash pots/pans dry them and take them back to the chefs,plus pick them up from the cooking line.Take out the trash as servers bring a multitude of dishes,trays that fills cans rapidly all the duty of (1)man,a dish washer.
Large company moving in positive direction
Facilities Manager (Current Employee), Auburn Hills, MISeptember 12, 2014
My job is very satisfying. I stay busy, use my skills and supervise a nice bunch of people.
Waitress
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 30, 2014
Worked in a fast pace environment. Communicated with customers regarding general service inquiries and promotion of products and services. Excellent customer service was provided when managing customer relationships. Responded to customer inquiries and needs in a promptly manner. Occasionally answered phones and worked the front reception desk. Listened, understand, and responded to customer needs. Sell and promote
value-added products and service.

Work environment
Accounts Payable/Accounting Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 11, 2014
Pros: free drinks, coffee, tea
Cons: insurance is not good
I've never been to a work place where the people are not friendly and won't even speak if it's in the morning. Some of the management are not people persons and can't get along with some of their employees that work under them. Overall the job wasn't hard but trying to advance in the company is kinda hard if your nit liked.
Productive place to work
Fashion Allocator (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 9, 2014
I have learned more multitasking and time management skills from my daily tasks. My co-workers are all hardworking and great to be around.
Kitchen Manager
Senior Kitchen Manager / FOH Manager (Former Employee), Burlington, MAFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: staff and friends
Cons: hours, pay
Started the day early AM, around 7. set up prep list for the day for menu items and stock for rush hours. did prep, schedule, inventory, P&L, meetings, reviews and worked on the line during peak times, worked on line during lunch rush about 2.5 hours and then set up for dinner, stated through dinner rush did some paper work and left for the night, around 7 or 8 pm. came home and went to bed and did the same thing everyday with only 1 day off per week, no time for a social life or a family.
I delivered friendly and effectively.
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 16, 2013
Whenever the front desk called me, I answered their call immediately. And then I delivered quickly what the customers requested.
Positive work environment
Waiter (Current Employee), Webster, TXApril 15, 2013
Pros: interacting with people
Cons: long hours
My days are filled with positive attitudes, integrity, customer satisfaction, restaurant focus and maintaining high salesmanship. This job has taught me to love what I do and respect the people I work for and with.
one of the best
Server (Current Employee), Round Rock, TXJanuary 26, 2013
not as much money as you'll want, but can schedule with school
Great Job!
Accounting Assistant (Current Employee), Kemah, TXJanuary 19, 2013
Pros: paid vacation, free lunches
Cons: i dislike the distance i must drive each day to work and back home.
Very energetic and challenging work place. I like the people I work with we are like family. I also like that it is easy to talk to superior. Great benefits, great hours to work.
As a Company and Restuarant
Server (Current Employee), CaliforniaDecember 26, 2012
Pros: honestly none
Cons: management, regional and in-house, rules, secret shoppers, ethics
They are the most strict restaurant which only care about the one thing you do wrong and not the many you do right. At first I thought it was just me but starting to talk to other associates from different themes who are considering applying to new fresh concepts that actually take care of their employees. My company in my many years of restaurants is honestly the worst. They make money because their employees but their systems are old and antiquated.
They have grown to quick and do not take care of their front or back of the house people.
Fast paced work environment
Accountant (Current Employee), Kemah, TXSeptember 20, 2012
Pros: covered parking, free lunches, dining discount, insurance, 401k, vacation days
Cons: very small office, long commute
Have worked for this company all of my adult life. I have learned computer skills with accounting software and gained managerial experience with a satellite office in Galveston with several employees. Have obtained valuable experience when Landry's was a publicly traded company as well as a private entity.