LANDS' END INC Employee Reviews

Excellent place to work, lots of friendly coworkers
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Reedsburg, WIFebruary 4, 2016
Lands' End is an excellent company to work for. The pace can be busy or slow depending on the season. The management is very helpful if you have a question.
Cons
No health insurance benfits
ok place to work
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Dodgeville, WIJanuary 16, 2016
used to be great place to work, it no longer is, and the employees are not treated well at all anymore, the pay is good though
Production Floor worker
Trimmer (Current Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIJanuary 15, 2016
Boring

How to trim backing on shirts

ok

Alright I guess

keeping the rate up

meeting new people

You Get to learn new job opportunitys
Pros
Day shift
Cons
Short Breaks
productive workplace
Soft line Merchandising Associate (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJJanuary 11, 2016
Worth the experience & the family oriented enviorment,

Consistently generated additional revenues utilizing thorough product knowledge and friendly sales techniques to up-sell product specials and complementary items

*Exceeded customer expectations by locating hard to find items, and recommending alternative options for out of stock apparel. *Ability to work in teams and partnering with others through collaborative work ethics & driving results by placing a high priority on detail accuracy to successfully complete all tasks.
*Deliver excellent customer service demonstrated with a high degree of professionalism.
*Responsible for timely & proper placement of merchandise for maximum impact according to guidelines.
Pros
learning experience
Cons
no room for growth
Fun work environment
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIJanuary 8, 2016
During a regular shift, it is expected to have each specialist handle between 30-100 calls for customers looking to make an order over the phone. Handling calls for our customers is very fun, and feels good to be able to "shop" with the customer. Managers on the floor with the specialist are very helpful and are available whenever you need them. The hardest part of the job is having a dissatisfied customer due to technical or product issues. The best part is when you build a bond with the customer who ends up leaving a smile on your face at the end of your shift.
amazing pay and long hours
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dodgeville, WIJanuary 3, 2016
starting pay is very nice and offers long hours for people wanting to work more.did work seasonal only but they do offer the job as a part time position.
Careful, they like to play tricks
salesperson (Former Employee) –  Niles, ILDecember 2, 2015
I worked part time for them for about six months. In the interview they told me part timers were eligible for benefits. That is untrue, although it seems like it is accurate based on the website information (only for the people in the corporate office in Wisconsin).

They do have a nice way of running things though, I appreciated knowing what my role was going to be on a day to day basis, and I felt supported by my manager and co workers.

However, one day he took me into the office and said I was going to be placed on a "temporary leave of absence", along with 2 other employees. There just wasnt enough business to justify having all of us on the payroll, he explained. I was fine with it because I had another job I could get more hours at, and he promised in a month, "two, tops", i could come back.

Problem with this was that even though I was technically still an employee, my employee number stopped working in the computer system and I could not get my employee discount any longer. I also could not get a hold of him after the two months to find out my status. He did call the week of Thanksgiving (four months later) to say I could come back to help during the Christmas rush. uh, thanks?

So basically, what this company does is lay you off but they say you are still an employee with them so you can't go collect unemployment. Which is probably illegal, but I didn't care enough about the job to check that.
Pros
good discounts, nice people to work with
Cons
hours can be long, you are on your feet the whole time, see layoff BS above
Learned a lot from this job.
Assistant Store Manger (Current Employee) –  Colonie, NYDecember 1, 2015
Working at Lands' End I got to learn many things about being a store manager.Running a business, hiring, firing,scheduling, setting up and breaking down sales, driving sales,customer servicing,training and coaching staff,register, merchandising and visual.
Pros
Learned a lot from this job.
Cons
No area to advance.
Terrible Job Security
Inbound Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WINovember 23, 2015
I joined the company with the hopes to work as a sales associate in the call center for a minimum of a year, and wound up laid off within two months along with several hundred other employees.
Pros
Lax work clothing
Cons
short breaks, no healthcare
Good company for the area.
Return Analyzer (Former Employee) –  Dodgeville, WINovember 10, 2015
The job had a rate attached to it which you needed to perform daily, which was difficult depending upon the type of clothing.
I enjoyed all the ladies that I worked with, it made the day go by quickly.
I learned the different type of clothing, sorting, disposition of articles, and fast folding techniques.
My lead person was easy to work with, gave me an excellent work schedule and evaluation.
Pros
Flexible work schedules.
Cons
Flex workers do not receive any benefits.
Poor company to work for
Sourcing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dodgeville, WIOctober 22, 2015
If you invested in your career and like to make a difference Lands' End is not the place to work. The pay was not the best and management was terrible. If you want to put in your time and not care about the company you should apply here It was really hard to work for a company in our community that does not value their employees.
Corporate Culture
Receptionist (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIOctober 18, 2015
A commitment to cultural diversity, excellence in customer care and quality products are the primary reasons I am proud to say I work at Lands' End.
Pros
Beautiful Atruim provided for Employee breaks
Cons
Limited growth potential within my department
fun and developing
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Plover, WIOctober 9, 2015
Lands end is a great place to work and develop skills to talk to people in a call center atmosphere. Fun place to work with supportive management, they are interested in your growth and there is room for growth within the company.
Pros
fun place to work and postive atmosphere.
Decent place to work
Trimmer (Former Employee) –  Dodgeville, WIOctober 6, 2015
Good paying job which almost makes up to the lack of management skills that take place there. Busy up to a certain time of the year and then they almost always lay people off.
Pros
Coworkers
Sales
Merchandiser and Customer Assistance (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYOctober 3, 2015
Can be challenging. Management is not very supportive, seems like there a lack of foundation from top management which trickles downwards. Hard to advance.
Lands' End was a good place to work
Internet Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dodgeville, WISeptember 22, 2015
Lands' End was a good place to work. I worked several different areas and gained a lot of knowledge that helped me to further myself.
Pros
Lands' End was a good place to work
Cons
Hard to get back in and full time
Sweat shop
Salaried Professional Manager (Former Employee) –  Dodgeville, WISeptember 16, 2015
6 CEOs in 13 years. What else do you need to know? There is no stability and the employee turnover among salaried professionals is outrageous. The talented people have left. The morale is terrible among those remaining because they don't replace anyone and the work still has to be done. The workload is staggering; and people are routinely working all night at home (I know because of the emails I get and the IMs that I get). The technology is terrible everywhere. Plus, the place is so far into the boonies that you can barely get a decent cell signal, and you can forget about getting out for lunch because there are only a couple of restaurants. I can't drive by a McDonalds or a Culvers anymore without getting sick.

On the other hand, if you're a hourly worker, it's not bad. But this is a company where you want to be hourly, not salary.
Pros
None.
Cons
Workload vs adequate staff to get it done.
Great PT job
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WISeptember 8, 2015
good part time job while going to school. Pay was very well but no benefits and often times sales were pushy for numbers. Coaching sessions got old, discount on clothes was nice.
not stable hours
Customer service specialist (Former Employee) –  Dodgeville, WIAugust 27, 2015
I liked the company but hours were not guaranteed. If it was slow you would be sent home. Not ideal for someone trying to support a family
Pros
pay
Cons
hours
No day is the same.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Reedsburg, WIAugust 24, 2015
Lands End is a wonderful company to work for. The leads are very nice and accommodating. The customers are great and I have made a lot of friends working here.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
not enough hours