Lands' End Inc Employee Reviews

Think again people
Orderfiller/ Processor (Former Employee) –  Reedsburg, WIOctober 1, 2016
I worked there for 10 years. Couldn't take it anymore. Worked in Reedsburg DC in Orderfilling, I loved my job, but leads and bosses are horrible. Favorites are a big thing, I refused to be a brown nose. Caught my lead red handed talking about me behind my back to another employee who happened to be a good friend. Coworkers are good, friendly people but don't bust your butt in this place, they use people, they lie and family does not come first. Be prepared to work in a place where you never know how many hours getting even if your full time. Many weeks I would only get 30 hours and I was full time. Haven't had a bonus in 6 years, no pay raise, no cost of living raise. Bottom line, don't work here.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Leads, pay, and management attitudes.
Not the best place to build a future!
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Reedsburg, WIJuly 28, 2016
On average it takes 10 years working part time to be offered a full time benefited employee. I have been there 7 years and have done every task required and taken on several roles that were outside my job parameters. Every review I have been given has a mark of exceeds all expectations, so the problem isn't that I am not doing all task and more. The end result is they are currently taking advantage of the comprehensive health care law to ensure they do not have to give full time positions. We are reprimanded if our yearly average of hours worked exceeds 29 hours. Even if the situation arises that they beg you to work more to cover the shortfalls due to the lack of available employees.The current culture is a such the regular full time (40 hours a week and benefits) are have their schedules cut to 32 hours a week and if you want to maintain a full paycheck you are required to use your vacation time to supplement the shortages. All in all, I am currently making every effort to find a more productive working environment to continue to build a future for my family.
Cons
Willing takes advantage of employee status to maintain lower costs.
a store, in a store, in a mall.
Consultative Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 7, 2016
I clocked in, I folded clothes, hardly any customers and when they're were customers, the were from the sears side and not LE customers and then we had to send them over because our policy is to only ring up customers from our company, but then sears management would tell us we had to ring them up and then no one knew or knows what to do.
I learned folding techniques, fill out online returns and orders, boxing and displaying shoes, displaying mannequins, and how to work a retail P.O.S. system running on DSL windows '95.
I normally worked alone, but when i saw my co workers they were pleasant.
The hardest part about the job was getting a raise. (I never got one but I moved up to sales lead.) I never got the title of manager but I functioned as one, because managers get raises.
The most enjoyable part of the job was leaving.
Pros
hour long lunches, in a mall, no customers
Cons
distance between the break room and LE was so long it cut time off your break. no customers, LE and Sears contradictory rules.
Excellent place to work...if you can afford to work part-time
Customer Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Reedsburg, WIFebruary 1, 2017
Land's End treats the employee in the exact same manner as the employee is expected to treat the customer...extraordinary in every way. The culture is one in which one looks forward to coming to work. A flexible schedule, along with a 'bank' of unpaid hours one can use for any reason without reprimand gives the employee a stress-free schedule and freedom to participate in family activities/vacation without worry.

The only drawbacks are that it is almost impossible to obtain a full-time position (directly due to the fact that it IS such a wonderful place to work that these positions rarely open up) and hours are few and far between during January, February and March.
Pros
Flexible scheduling; responsive management; great working atmosphere
Cons
Impossible to get full-time (everyone loves it here); lean hours in January/February/March
ok as far as retail goes, but not great
Associate (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsJuly 1, 2016
haven't received a raise once in the four years I've been there. the company's policies are pretty lax, reducing the number of enraged customers a retail employee usually has to deal with, and the various managers I've had have run the gamut from amazing to awful.
Bad management
Packing/Returns (Former Employee) –  Dodgeville, WIMarch 6, 2016
I worked at Dodgeville Lands End for 16 years. No advancement opportunities, bad management, hours suck. I was sick of working 20 hours a week so asked to be transferred to another department. Management told me no because I was to valuable. So I left went back to college. A year later I asked for an internship they told me no because I didn't have enough experience. (The lady doing the phone interview didn't call at the scheduled time, i had to call several times to hunt her down, obviously I wasnt important enough for her) And are you kidding me not enough experience 16 years. The only way you get promoted is partying with management. No health benefits either. The only way this job is worth it is if you are looking for a part time job and you live in town. And you better have a flexible schedule because one day you will work 10 hours and the next 5 hours.
Pros
Nice employees
Cons
Bad management, no health care, hours, no job advancement opportunities.
Enjoyable place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RIFebruary 10, 2017
Every day is a new learning experience. Many friendly, loyal customers. Was given the knowledge and freedom to express my opinions. Customer service is number one priority. Great team to work with. Hardest part of the job is time management for resets and customer service combined. The greatest feeling is when you have an extremely happy, satisfied customer. Makes you feel on top of the world.
Pros
Our leads are always supportive
Cons
No pay increase in Five years
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Reedsburg, WIJanuary 30, 2017
Employers is a very employee-friendly company that provides a great work life balance and flexible work hours. Culture is very conservative and status quo can be strong.
Productive work environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTMay 25, 2016
fun and safe working environment with a lot of benefits. It was a pleasure to work here. I will definitely recommend to anyone looking to build their sales skills.
Fun people to work with.
Embroidery Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Dodgeville, WINovember 3, 2016
Working part time at Lands' End is unpredictable. Even though there was a weekly schedule that didn't mean you were going to receive all of the hours that were scheduled for you. Very little room for advancement as far as I saw. The people I worked with were friendly and fun to work with.
Excellent Workplace
Customer Service Representative/Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIJuly 29, 2016
A day at work would be answer phone and helping customers with problem with there account for Shop your way.. I learned to keep calm even if the customers are upset and that I'm the one that is sometime on the other end of call like this and want to make sure that I treat them how I would want to be treated. Management here was wonderful they where also care about the individual and respect you. The hardest part of the job is talking call after call to make sure that you get all the calls you need in a day. Enjoy working with customers and helping them fix there accounts.
Pros
Family Orientated Company
Cons
NONE
Boutique Call Center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 16, 2016
If you like change, this is a great place to work. This company has many campaigns for you to move around to and a lot of room for advancement.
Nice place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIOctober 2, 2016
Typical work day would consist of taking orders from all over the country. Management was great and very supportive. Worked with different people almost everyday because we could sit at any desk which was nice because then we could meet new . Best part of the job was helping people find what they are looking for. I liked helping them shop
Flexibilty
Cashier and Consultative assistant (Former Employee) –  Novi, MI 48377January 20, 2017
I was able to work and start school with a flexible schedule. However my time schedule was not consistent. Management was okay. the training for associates should be more detailed.
Pros
Fast Pace
Cons
Training not clear
A very stressful job 8 weeks of training but had fun while learning
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIAugust 18, 2016
Confer with customers by telephone or in person to provide information about products or services, take or enter orders, cancel accounts, or obtain details of complaints.
Keep records of customer interactions or transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, or comments, as well as actions taken.

Check to ensure that appropriate changes were made to resolve customers' problems.
Determine charges for services requested, collect deposits, and arrange for billing.
Resolve customers' service or billing complaints by performing activities such as exchanging merchandise, refunding money, or adjusting bills.
Pros
Vacation right away and very fun place to work
Cons
Temporary job
Lands End
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 4, 2017
The clothing are awesome and the discounts are real good too. The pay and the hours are really bad but overall it was an alright job. The supervisor kept calling me by the wrong name.
Pros
The clothing discounts are nice
Cons
the pay and scheduling are not so good.
It's work.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Homer, AKDecember 31, 2016
Upper management is a joke.
Having decent days off hardly ever happens.
Front Desk is nice, but coworkers are 90% rude.
Unrealistic amount of drama.
Cons
No healthcare
regular customer service call center
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIJanuary 6, 2017
I did not really like this job. If you dont mind sitting in a cubical and calling people or receiving calls all day then this is the job for you. This is a good job for people who need to work part time or college kids who need to make some money.
Sweat shop
Salaried Professional Manager (Former Employee) –  Dodgeville, WISeptember 16, 2015
6 CEOs in 13 years. What else do you need to know? There is no stability and the employee turnover among salaried professionals is outrageous. The talented people have left. The morale is terrible among those remaining because they don't replace anyone and the work still has to be done. The workload is staggering; and people are routinely working all night at home (I know because of the emails I get and the IMs that I get). The technology is terrible everywhere. Plus, the place is so far into the boonies that you can barely get a decent cell signal, and you can forget about getting out for lunch because there are only a couple of restaurants. I can't drive by a McDonalds or a Culvers anymore without getting sick.

On the other hand, if you're a hourly worker, it's not bad. But this is a company where you want to be hourly, not salary.
Pros
None.
Cons
Workload vs adequate staff to get it done.
Great
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Waldorf, MDNovember 29, 2016
Great company to work for, Once had the best Management ever/ Sales Team.would recommend people to work here, but at certain locations in the United States.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lands' End Inc. Our community is ready to answer.