The landscaping team member is an experienced landscaper and assists the team leader / supervisor. The position works as a member of the team and is responsible for landscape maintenance and
enhancement projects under the direction of the team leader / supervisor. The landscape team member is able to operate a variety of equipment and has a working knowledge of horticultural practices.
1. Completes landscape maintenance duties, such a mowing, fertilizer application, weed
control, aeration, spring clean-up, fall clean-up, trimming and pruning.
2. Completes landscape enhancement projects such as mulch application, plantings, top soil
application, lawn seeding.
3. Maintains a clean and safe work environment, including work site and equipment.
4. Completes the job in the most time-efficient manner meeting the company productivity
5. Operates a variety of mechanical equipment including but not limited to bed edgers,
commercial mowers, blowers, dump trailers, chain saws, line trimmers, and tillers.
6. If approved as a driver, safely operates vehicles such as trucks and trailer combinations.
7. Assists the team leader with communication with clients by answering questions, and
ensuring the client’s satisfaction throughout the project. Communicates clients concerns to
the team leader or management.
8. Assists the team leader / supervisor with route and job organization, ensuring that sufficient resources and materials are available.
9. Cares for equipment, documents any damages or malfunctions immediately and notifies management of needed repairs.
10. Applies chemicals under the direction of licensed applicator.
Knowledge and Experience
- The successful individual will have a working knowledge of standard horticultural
practices, including but not limited to planting, pruning, corrective pruning, and
- This position requires at least one year’s experience in the landscaping field.
- Candidate must be able to read with good comprehension and write.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, math skills, job planning skills, problem solving skills and mechanical aptitude are a must.
- To be approved as a driver -- Illinois Driver’s License and insurable with company’s agent.
- State of Illinois pesticide licenses a plus.
- Snow plowing experience is a plus
Employee is regularly required to stand; walk; crouch; stoop or kneel. The employee must
regularly lift and/or move up to 80 pounds.
Job Site Conditions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid
conditions, outside weather (heat or cold), and moving mechanical equipment. In addition, job
sites are located on both residential and commercial property.
About Landscape Pros
Landscape Pros is a Rockford, IL based, American proud Landscape Maintenance Consultant that specializes in Commercial and Residential Mowing, Spring/Fall Clean Ups, Aerations, Fertilizations and much more. Landscape Pros has worked hard to become Rockford's premier Landscape Maintenance Consultant. We build better lives, one lawn at a time!
You can apply online directly at: http://www.landscapeprosrockford.com/index.php?page=employment-application