Agonizingly long working hours. Lousy management.
Pros: Making friends with other employees and customers.
Cons: Agonizingly long working hours. Lousy management.
• 10-16 hour work days delivering sandwiches, cheese, pastries, hot dogs, etc. to convenience stores.
• I learned that keeping your mouth shut about anything negative pays off. (Yes sir, Yes ma’am, everything is grand.)
• As a result of high turnover, managers are usually busy running routes. Those that are not running routes are busy micromanaging over-worked route sales personnel, while others are “hide and seek” champions.
• The hardest part of the job is the long hours.
• Other than collecting a paycheck, making friends with other employees and customers is the only consolation.