Landshire Employee Reviews

productive and nice environment to work
quality, line worker (Former Employee) –  CasseyvileOctober 28, 2016
Typical day working for Landshire is mostly packing and shipping. Its about team work and meeting deadlines. You have to be willing to learn new things and work position.
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Caseyville, ILSeptember 9, 2016
Loved this work, it was an easy but important job. Made my nights go by quick and it paid my bills well. Would go back at anytime if I had the chance, I still remember the job duties and this was 11 years ago
Pros
MONEY
Cons
POINT SYSTEM
production line assembler
Assembly Line Worker(Temp Job) (Former Employee) –  Caseyville, ILAugust 29, 2015
Worked many lines of assembling different types of sandwiches. Had to be very fast and aware of what you had to do at all times.
Pros
first job
Cons
very cold temps to work in
I have an awesome supervisor though...
Meat Slicer (Current Employee) –  Caseyville, IllinoisJuly 5, 2015
Working here has been one of the worst experiences of my life. I have been sexually harassed multiple times, one of the men was FINALLY fired --- and when I reported it, the plant manager "Dandy" LAUGHED about the issue!! I absolutely hate going to work EXCEPT FOR some really cool co-workers and I really do like my new supervisor.

He's a smart guy and he understands people. He's one of the intelligent ones.

Although typically the management is obnoxiously rude and belittling toward the employees --- a typical work day is cool as long as you got your crew. We don't get our entire 15 minute breaks or our entire 30 minute lunch --- we are made to rush so that we can get dressed in the proper attire to get back to work and if we take our entire break or lunch then we are written up as LATE or given a POINT etc... HELLO THAT IS AGAINST THE LAW!!!

The hardest part of the job is that there is A HUGE LACK OF COMMUNICATION --- nobody trains you to do anything. You're just expected to know what you're doing right away or the plant manager will do his damndest to embarrass you.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that I get paid every week and I like that I have moved around a lot and have learned so many new things
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Terrible Management/No Training/Poor Communication
Agonizingly long working hours. Lousy management.
Route Sales (Former Employee) –  MO.June 22, 2015
• 10-16 hour work days delivering sandwiches, cheese, pastries, hot dogs, etc. to convenience stores.
• I learned that keeping your mouth shut about anything negative pays off. (Yes sir, Yes ma’am, everything is grand.)
• As a result of high turnover, managers are usually busy running routes. Those that are not running routes are busy micromanaging over-worked route sales personnel, while others are “hide and seek” champions.
• The hardest part of the job is the long hours.
• Other than collecting a paycheck, making friends with other employees and customers is the only consolation.
Pros
Making friends with other employees and customers.
Cons
Agonizingly long working hours. Lousy management.
Account Executive
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 3, 2014
Good company with good management. no real chance for advancement however and pay is average for the amount of work involved.
Undependable Management
Worker (Former Employee) –  Akron,OHApril 6, 2013
Undependable District Manager!! Doesn't respond to phone calls or emails. The drivers need better representation
Cons
management needs to improve
Very Easy going
Line worker (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILOctober 1, 2012
I mean it was really clean cut. Come to work stand on your feet for about 8-10 hrs and then come back tomorrow and do it again. The management was non-existent but the co-workers were from all walks of life.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Landshire. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9