Landstar Global Logistics, Inc. Employee Reviews

Wonderful workplace where new skills where learned
Office Clerk (Former Employee), Irving, TXAugust 27, 2015
Truly the most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside such wonderful and experience staff that showed me key skills for later usage.
Specialized Flex Representative (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 3, 2015
Pros: great work enviornment, cafe on site
Cons: some micro managing
This company is the best to work for, the people you meet and friends you keep here are awesome. Management is great, some departments are different more micro managing then others but you can advance and transfer with in the company. You will work believe me but you do your job and you are ok. No one really leaves once your in the door and some come back like i did. Overall this has been the best company i have ever worked for.
Road for those with drive.
National Accounts Manager (Former Employee), Birmingham, alJune 29, 2015
Pros: Hard work will pay off
Cons: High demand enviroment
Great place to learn the logistics industry for those who want to earn their way to a great career. If youre a driven individual the management will help give you the tools needed for success. Competitive atmosphere but always friendly and wanted my colleague's success alone with mine.
Commission Only
Independent Freight Agent (Former Employee), Avon, MAJune 29, 2015
Pros: flexible work environment
Cons: lake of predictable outcome
Limited opportunity for advancement. Seeking more reliable income.

Work based on phone and internet connections to match up freight and drivers through a load-posting board.
Work
Operations Manager (Former Employee), McAllen, TXJune 17, 2015
The work was not bad. It is what you make of it. You get what you put in. Home office was considerate. They visited often. Payment sometimes took too long.
Great Company; Fun place to work
Customer Service Specialist & Auditor (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 9, 2015
Pros: Great People
Cons: none
Starting in a Data Entry position, I worked my way to specialist and then customer service and finally auditor and department trainer. I found it very easy to move up if you simply did you job well and learned all you could. I had to learn about deadlines and fuel taxes, mileage taxes and many more. As in any large company management teams ebb and flow. This tended to be the hardest part of the job as each management team have different styles. The best part of the Job is the company's involvement with the employees.
Great company with great people
LOGISTICS COORDINATOR (Former Employee), ChicagoJune 1, 2015
Pros: Great environment, supportive people
I was an intern at Landstar Chicago office for 18 months. Loved the job and people in my department. Everyone was supportive and it felt like a family.
Owner Operator (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 27, 2015
Allow you to success in business is not a right. It's a reward for a well executed business plan. One of the biggest pluses to being an owner operator for this company is being able to take time off whenever you want without being hassled. If you can’t do this, stay with your current company.
decent work place
Agent (Current Employee), Russellville, ARMay 26, 2015
You sit a lot and deal with some difficult people on a day to day basis, but it's always nice getting treated to a free lunch once a month.
Great Place to Work
Landstar Agent (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 25, 2015
Pros: Great Place to work
Cons: none
It was a job that you looked forward to each day. Challenging yet exciting...Freight Brokerage and dealing with all types of people in a commercial enviornment.
liked self dispatch.
Owner Operator (Former Employee), Grand Prairie TexasMay 24, 2015
Pros: free lunch Grand Prairie yard.
Cons: Reduced rates.
Best lease ever at first. Agents started getting greedy and cutting rates and blaming shoppers for reduced rates. Not true in many cases I had his repoire with many of my shippers and the confirmed this.
I loved the people that were with the company
Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 4, 2015
I learned about Delphi while there and worked with lots of different people who were very knowledgeable. I worked basically on my own projects and not exactly on a team which led me to learn how to manage my workload.
enviroment
Operations Manager, International Division (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 4, 2015
Pros: customers, on hand experience, working with different organizations
Working with customers and shipping lines
Also, i enjoyed working with the gfovernments with bonds and cargo arrivals. Booking cargo on vessel.
Dealing with other offices around the world with shipments and rates
People I worked with were nice. The CEO always was always there to talk to. Made it a fun enviroment
Advising or suggesting answers to situations
Faced paced, on the spot decision making needed
Account Representative/Office Manager (Former Employee), Pineville, MOMarch 3, 2015
Working from home was fine. I am self motivated, however the job was not stable, had zero benefits and no potential for advancement or longevity.

90% of the job is email and telephone communications, the rest is billing, customer service and service representation, hence the account manager position. One would need to be the middle man between customer and carriers. Also needed are sales skills to varying degree. I personally learned most aspects of the job on the fly and on my own.
Small business working hard to succeed
Sales Representative, Dispatcher (Former Employee), Reno, NVJanuary 31, 2015
High standards for work and professionalism, but low appreciation of employees.

I enjoyed my work and the relationships formed with customers and drivers.
Horrible Management, Poor Communication, Favoritism
Dispatcher (Former Employee), Owosso, MIJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: hour lunch, desk job, work with family
Cons: poor management, poor communication
I was hired into Landstar by my brother-in-law's father who owns the company in Owosso, MI. He had promised me anywhere from $8-$10/hour starting out and either way I'd make $10 eventually. I waited for at least 6 or 7 months before getting $8.25/hour. I had been trained poorly and each day that passed, I found I did more and more things wrong during this job. Eventually I got laid off and they never called me back. Management had an anger problem as well. Always raised their voices to employees during stressed situations.
Great work environment, great people.
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee), Rockford, ILJanuary 7, 2015
On a typical day I would log into all of my systems and check my email for any action items that needed to be addressed. After determining order of importance I would proceed to handling all requests. I would also contact agents to get a feel for their business and what they needed to be successful. I would give at least 2 one-hour power point presentations a week which covered the sales cycle and other selling tips.
Fun Industry - Very Demanding
Freight Coordinator (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: fun, laid back atmosphere and great people
Cons: 24 hour business, my compensation isn't industry standard and too far from my home.
I love what I do - love working with my customers and drivers. This job has very demanding hours but can pay off - just not sure I work for the right agency as other agencies offer a much better compensation plan.
Its Landstar
Operations Manager (Former Employee), OHNovember 3, 2014
All the stories you hear about Landstar are true. They seem to care very little about its employees/agents/ owner ops.
A Very good Contractor O/O company
Contractor (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLOctober 15, 2014
A typical day at work was DOT regulated and short or as long as you made it. There was no real management to deal with, as we were O/O.