Landstar Global Logistics, Inc. Employee Reviews

Productive and Busy
Log Compliance Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 30, 2015
With working with the DOT and Government caused our layout of the department to constantly change. It allowed me to learn new things monthly and sometimes daily.
Work very well as team player
Agent (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 6, 2015
Always give more to make the company I am with better each day.
Bringing to talents and proactive approach to any position I hold
Pros
Work for home
Cons
No corporate support
Exciting and Fast Paced,
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Collinsville, ILNovember 3, 2015
Small company, but the work always gets done. Energetic and fun people to work with. Love the company and what it does for their employees.
I survived *smile*
Administrative Assistant/Freight Broker (Former Employee) –  Muskogee, OKOctober 29, 2015
A typical day was to call clients for loads, then find drivers for those loads. I learned a little about the freight industry, and became HAZMAT certified. Management is okay, but if you need the customer service department be prepared to be on hold for a while. The hardest part of the job was trying to find drivers for low revenue loads. The most enjoyable part of the job: having a load deliver safe and sound.
Pros
Good work homelife balance, good benefits, low premium health insurance
Cons
Hectic, irratic, somewhat uncivilized and likely to give you a migraine
Liked the work, not the environment
planner (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown KyOctober 14, 2015
The work I did here was fine, data entry, but I found a major flaw in their safety procedures. I would work from 6pm to 6am with truck drivers coming in and out of our trailer and be left on my own for hours with no security at all. I wasnt allowed to lock the doors and i felt very unsafe.
bad
Automotive Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILSeptember 9, 2015
automotive management were the stupidest people on the planet..slept their way to their positions. Director sleeping with the vice president of the automotive department. HR aware of the entire situation, and does nothing. Ridiculous.
Easy Job
Truck Broker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 8, 2015
A typical day at work would consist of a lot of cold calls to shipper companies and finding the trucks to take them. What I've learned from this company is how to manage a whole operation over the phone. Management was a little lazy. When needing help, they would just tell me a phone number to call. He would just look at emails all day and act like he's talking to us so cameras can see he's "working" co-workers were fun to work with. The hardest part of the job was actually making money. The most enjoyable part was learning all the tricks on how to make my job easier.
Pros
Simple and easy
Cons
Not enough money
Revenue and Commissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 30, 2015
With this job I was able to work my way up to Global Logistics doing the weekly financial reports. Advancement was easy due to proper training.
Wonderful workplace where new skills where learned
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 27, 2015
Truly the most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside such wonderful and experience staff that showed me key skills for later usage.
Specialized Flex Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 3, 2015
This company is the best to work for, the people you meet and friends you keep here are awesome. Management is great, some departments are different more micro managing then others but you can advance and transfer with in the company. You will work believe me but you do your job and you are ok. No one really leaves once your in the door and some come back like i did. Overall this has been the best company i have ever worked for.
Pros
great work enviornment, cafe on site
Cons
some micro managing
Road for those with drive.
National Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, alJune 29, 2015
Great place to learn the logistics industry for those who want to earn their way to a great career. If youre a driven individual the management will help give you the tools needed for success. Competitive atmosphere but always friendly and wanted my colleague's success alone with mine.
Pros
Hard work will pay off
Cons
High demand enviroment
Commission Only
Independent Freight Agent (Former Employee) –  Avon, MAJune 29, 2015
Limited opportunity for advancement. Seeking more reliable income.

Work based on phone and internet connections to match up freight and drivers through a load-posting board.
Pros
flexible work environment
Cons
lake of predictable outcome
Work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXJune 17, 2015
The work was not bad. It is what you make of it. You get what you put in. Home office was considerate. They visited often. Payment sometimes took too long.
Great Company; Fun place to work
Customer Service Specialist & Auditor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 9, 2015
Starting in a Data Entry position, I worked my way to specialist and then customer service and finally auditor and department trainer. I found it very easy to move up if you simply did you job well and learned all you could. I had to learn about deadlines and fuel taxes, mileage taxes and many more. As in any large company management teams ebb and flow. This tended to be the hardest part of the job as each management team have different styles. The best part of the Job is the company's involvement with the employees.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Great company with great people
LOGISTICS COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  ChicagoJune 1, 2015
I was an intern at Landstar Chicago office for 18 months. Loved the job and people in my department. Everyone was supportive and it felt like a family.
Pros
Great environment, supportive people
Owner Operator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 27, 2015
Allow you to success in business is not a right. It's a reward for a well executed business plan. One of the biggest pluses to being an owner operator for this company is being able to take time off whenever you want without being hassled. If you can’t do this, stay with your current company.
decent work place
Agent (Current Employee) –  Russellville, ARMay 26, 2015
You sit a lot and deal with some difficult people on a day to day basis, but it's always nice getting treated to a free lunch once a month.
Great Place to Work
Landstar Agent (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 25, 2015
It was a job that you looked forward to each day. Challenging yet exciting...Freight Brokerage and dealing with all types of people in a commercial enviornment.
Pros
Great Place to work
liked self dispatch.
Owner Operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie TexasMay 24, 2015
Best lease ever at first. Agents started getting greedy and cutting rates and blaming shoppers for reduced rates. Not true in many cases I had his repoire with many of my shippers and the confirmed this.
Pros
free lunch Grand Prairie yard.
Cons
Reduced rates.
I loved the people that were with the company
Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 4, 2015
I learned about Delphi while there and worked with lots of different people who were very knowledgeable. I worked basically on my own projects and not exactly on a team which led me to learn how to manage my workload.