Landstar Global Logistics, Inc.

Landstar Global Logistics, Inc. Employee Reviews

decent work place
Agent (Current Employee), Russellville, ARMay 26, 2015
You sit a lot and deal with some difficult people on a day to day basis, but it's always nice getting treated to a free lunch once a month.
Great Place to Work
Landstar Agent (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 25, 2015
Pros: Great Place to work
Cons: none
It was a job that you looked forward to each day. Challenging yet exciting...Freight Brokerage and dealing with all types of people in a commercial enviornment.
liked self dispatch.
Owner Operator (Former Employee), Grand Prairie TexasMay 24, 2015
Pros: free lunch Grand Prairie yard.
Cons: Reduced rates.
Best lease ever at first. Agents started getting greedy and cutting rates and blaming shoppers for reduced rates. Not true in many cases I had his repoire with many of my shippers and the confirmed this.
I loved the people that were with the company
Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 4, 2015
I learned about Delphi while there and worked with lots of different people who were very knowledgeable. I worked basically on my own projects and not exactly on a team which led me to learn how to manage my workload.
enviroment
Operations Manager, International Division (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 4, 2015
Pros: customers, on hand experience, working with different organizations
Working with customers and shipping lines
Also, i enjoyed working with the gfovernments with bonds and cargo arrivals. Booking cargo on vessel.
Dealing with other offices around the world with shipments and rates
People I worked with were nice. The CEO always was always there to talk to. Made it a fun enviroment
Advising or suggesting answers to situations
Faced paced, on the spot decision making needed
Account Representative/Office Manager (Former Employee), Pineville, MOMarch 3, 2015
Working from home was fine. I am self motivated, however the job was not stable, had zero benefits and no potential for advancement or longevity.

90% of the job is email and telephone communications, the rest is billing, customer service and service representation, hence the account manager position. One would need to be the middle man between customer and carriers. Also needed are sales skills to varying degree. I personally learned most aspects of the job on the fly and on my own.
Small business working hard to succeed
Sales Representative, Dispatcher (Former Employee), Reno, NVJanuary 31, 2015
High standards for work and professionalism, but low appreciation of employees.

I enjoyed my work and the relationships formed with customers and drivers.
Horrible Management, Poor Communication, Favoritism
Dispatcher (Former Employee), Owosso, MIJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: hour lunch, desk job, work with family
Cons: poor management, poor communication
I was hired into Landstar by my brother-in-law's father who owns the company in Owosso, MI. He had promised me anywhere from $8-$10/hour starting out and either way I'd make $10 eventually. I waited for at least 6 or 7 months before getting $8.25/hour. I had been trained poorly and each day that passed, I found I did more and more things wrong during this job. Eventually I got laid off and they never called me back. Management had an anger problem as well. Always raised their voices to employees during stressed situations.
Great work environment, great people.
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee), Rockford, ILJanuary 7, 2015
On a typical day I would log into all of my systems and check my email for any action items that needed to be addressed. After determining order of importance I would proceed to handling all requests. I would also contact agents to get a feel for their business and what they needed to be successful. I would give at least 2 one-hour power point presentations a week which covered the sales cycle and other selling tips.
Fun Industry - Very Demanding
Freight Coordinator (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: fun, laid back atmosphere and great people
Cons: 24 hour business, my compensation isn't industry standard and too far from my home.
I love what I do - love working with my customers and drivers. This job has very demanding hours but can pay off - just not sure I work for the right agency as other agencies offer a much better compensation plan.
Its Landstar
Operations Manager (Former Employee), OHNovember 3, 2014
All the stories you hear about Landstar are true. They seem to care very little about its employees/agents/ owner ops.
A Very good Contractor O/O company
Contractor (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLOctober 15, 2014
A typical day at work was DOT regulated and short or as long as you made it. There was no real management to deal with, as we were O/O.
Professional workplace.
Audit Consultant (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLOctober 6, 2014
Pros: camaraderie.
Cons: engagement completed.
Busy and rewarding.
Management and coworkers were considerate.
The work was difficult and enjoyable at the same time.
Productive workplace
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Current Employee), Monroe, GASeptember 22, 2014
Delivering excellent services to a wide range of customers. Creating invoices and confirmations for transportation loads and complete a wide range of phone calls to different customers throughout the day.
Great Opporuninties
Clerical (Former Employee), Layton, UTSeptember 16, 2014
Landstar is a Great Company to work for. It was just time for me to work for someone besides my own family
Best workplace environment
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee), Orland Park, ILSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: friendly atmosphere and easygoing management
Cons: strictly commision
Learned so much about the industry from working here. Waking up and coming to work is not dreadful because of the laid back friendly environment. Everyone has their own strong area of skill that you can bounce ideas off and learn from while creating your own area of expertise.
Your your own boss
OTR Truck Driver/Owner Operator (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 7, 2014
Pros: not to many pro's
Cons: no benefits and lots of hidden cost
They provide the tools to do your job at a high cost to you. If you don't have at least a working capital of at least 6 months don't work there they will put you in the hole that you can't climb out off till it's too late.
Worked Customer Service
Dispatcher (Former Employee), Southfield, MIJune 5, 2014
I learned a lot about the transportation industry with this company, It was a small family owned company that was sadly bought out by a big corporation.
A place where I can grow with the company
broker (Former Employee), 111 Houston tx n.post oakJune 1, 2014
Pros: lunch at my desk
Cons: short breaks to restroom
I came in at 6 30 am
I stay late if there was un finish buisness.
I am skill in communication and customer service.
Im bi-lingual .
And I can work with anyone and Im teach able.
Family Oriented Company
Software Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 18, 2014
Pros: bco days
Cons: management style
Learned a lot about the SDLC process.
Drive was worst part about job

1 2 3

About Landstar Global Logistics, Inc.

Truckload freight carrier Landstar System has hitched its star to an asset-light business model. The company's fleet of more than – Read more

Landstar Global Logistics, Inc. Salaries