Landstar Global Logistics, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

I survived *smile*
Administrative Assistant/Freight Broker (Former Employee) –  Muskogee, OKOctober 29, 2015
A typical day was to call clients for loads, then find drivers for those loads. I learned a little about the freight industry, and became HAZMAT certified. Management is okay, but if you need the customer service department be prepared to be on hold for a while. The hardest part of the job was trying to find drivers for low revenue loads. The most enjoyable part of the job: having a load deliver safe and sound.
Pros
Good work homelife balance, good benefits, low premium health insurance
Cons
Hectic, irratic, somewhat uncivilized and likely to give you a migraine
dispatcher
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 3, 2016
It was a life changing experience. I enjoyed working with my co-workers. the hardest part of this job was dealing with the Canada Border Patrol.
Pros
bonus
Cons
no benefits health innsurance
A nice place to work if you can keep up.
Owner Operator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 12, 2016
Most days are easy if you have booked your loads in advance. During your time there you will get to know a lot about deadheading.
Management is very professional and by the book.
The hardest part of the job for me was finding steady work without all the deadhead miles. I did like that it allowed me to get by the house more.
Pros
You get to find your own loads.
Cons
Finding your own loads isnot always easy.
Horrible Management, Poor Communication, Favoritism
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Owosso, MIJanuary 28, 2015
I was hired into Landstar by my brother-in-law's father who owns the company in Owosso, MI. He had promised me anywhere from $8-$10/hour starting out and either way I'd make $10 eventually. I waited for at least 6 or 7 months before getting $8.25/hour. I had been trained poorly and each day that passed, I found I did more and more things wrong during this job. Eventually I got laid off and they never called me back. Management had an anger problem as well. Always raised their voices to employees during stressed situations.
Pros
hour lunch, desk job, work with family
Cons
poor management, poor communication
Faced paced, on the spot decision making needed
Account Representative/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Pineville, MOMarch 3, 2015
Working from home was fine. I am self motivated, however the job was not stable, had zero benefits and no potential for advancement or longevity.

90% of the job is email and telephone communications, the rest is billing, customer service and service representation, hence the account manager position. One would need to be the middle man between customer and carriers. Also needed are sales skills to varying degree. I personally learned most aspects of the job on the fly and on my own.
Great Experience and Learning
Import Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wheaton, ILMarch 17, 2016
Fast paced and good environment to learn many things. Great place to start my management experience. Can be very stressful due to high volume
Easy Job
Truck Broker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 8, 2015
A typical day at work would consist of a lot of cold calls to shipper companies and finding the trucks to take them. What I've learned from this company is how to manage a whole operation over the phone. Management was a little lazy. When needing help, they would just tell me a phone number to call. He would just look at emails all day and act like he's talking to us so cameras can see he's "working" co-workers were fun to work with. The hardest part of the job was actually making money. The most enjoyable part was learning all the tricks on how to make my job easier.
Pros
Simple and easy
Cons
Not enough money
I wouldn't if I were you
Agency Manager (Former Employee) –  Region 5December 23, 2012
I worked my tail off (and am no stranger to hard work and in fact, normally prefer it that way), and got the shaft in the end, which I largely attribute to the extremely poor training mechanisms and Landstar "systems," supporting documentation, and "help" available.

I typically worked 12 - 16 hrs/day, 6 - 7 days/week, and was paid for FAR less than that (8-hrs/day, 5-days/wk, then for <20-hrs/wk.) I was simply dedicated to the success of the business. I had no co-workers... I operated the business out of my home, and management (the owner of the business) was hands-off, which would normally be something I would appreciate, but not in this case. I mentioned several times that I very badly needed help, but was only referred to the Landstar "help" to which I referred above, as we could not afford to hire any other hands.

The most enjoyable part of my job was that I operated the business out of my home, and during nice weather was able to work outside.

The most important thing I learned was that I do in fact hate Landstar just as much as I did for the previous many years I spent dealing with them as their customer during my career.
Pros
operated out of my home.
Cons
no medical, 401k, retirement, etc. benefits at all... plus all below.
Road for those with drive.
National Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, alJune 29, 2015
Great place to learn the logistics industry for those who want to earn their way to a great career. If youre a driven individual the management will help give you the tools needed for success. Competitive atmosphere but always friendly and wanted my colleague's success alone with mine.
Pros
Hard work will pay off
Cons
High demand enviroment
Fun Industry - Very Demanding
Freight Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 5, 2015
I love what I do - love working with my customers and drivers. This job has very demanding hours but can pay off - just not sure I work for the right agency as other agencies offer a much better compensation plan.
Pros
fun, laid back atmosphere and great people
Cons
24 hour business, my compensation isn't industry standard and too far from my home.
Specialized Flex Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 3, 2015
This company is the best to work for, the people you meet and friends you keep here are awesome. Management is great, some departments are different more micro managing then others but you can advance and transfer with in the company. You will work believe me but you do your job and you are ok. No one really leaves once your in the door and some come back like i did. Overall this has been the best company i have ever worked for.
Pros
great work enviornment, cafe on site
Cons
some micro managing
Productive and Busy
Log Compliance Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 30, 2015
With working with the DOT and Government caused our layout of the department to constantly change. It allowed me to learn new things monthly and sometimes daily.
Work very well as team player
Agent (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 6, 2015
Always give more to make the company I am with better each day.
Bringing to talents and proactive approach to any position I hold
Pros
Work for home
Cons
No corporate support
Great Company; Fun place to work
Customer Service Specialist & Auditor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 9, 2015
Starting in a Data Entry position, I worked my way to specialist and then customer service and finally auditor and department trainer. I found it very easy to move up if you simply did you job well and learned all you could. I had to learn about deadlines and fuel taxes, mileage taxes and many more. As in any large company management teams ebb and flow. This tended to be the hardest part of the job as each management team have different styles. The best part of the Job is the company's involvement with the employees.
Pros
Great People
Cons
bad
Automotive Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILSeptember 9, 2015
automotive management were the stupidest people on the planet..slept their way to their positions. Director sleeping with the vice president of the automotive department. HR aware of the entire situation, and does nothing. Ridiculous.
Liked the work, not the environment
planner (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown KyOctober 14, 2015
The work I did here was fine, data entry, but I found a major flaw in their safety procedures. I would work from 6pm to 6am with truck drivers coming in and out of our trailer and be left on my own for hours with no security at all. I wasnt allowed to lock the doors and i felt very unsafe.
Your your own boss
OTR Truck Driver/Owner Operator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 7, 2014
They provide the tools to do your job at a high cost to you. If you don't have at least a working capital of at least 6 months don't work there they will put you in the hole that you can't climb out off till it's too late.
Pros
not to many pro's
Cons
no benefits and lots of hidden cost
Exciting and Fast Paced,
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Collinsville, ILNovember 3, 2015
Small company, but the work always gets done. Energetic and fun people to work with. Love the company and what it does for their employees.
Revenue and Commissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 30, 2015
With this job I was able to work my way up to Global Logistics doing the weekly financial reports. Advancement was easy due to proper training.
Commission Only
Independent Freight Agent (Former Employee) –  Avon, MAJune 29, 2015
Limited opportunity for advancement. Seeking more reliable income.

Work based on phone and internet connections to match up freight and drivers through a load-posting board.
Pros
flexible work environment
Cons
lake of predictable outcome

Landstar Global Logistics, Inc. Reviews by Location