Landstar Global Logistics, Inc. Employee Reviews

Very stressful work environment
Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILSeptember 30, 2017
Very demanding and stressful work tasks but the management in my department made it very bearable. The calls we would get from capacity, dispatch and agents can make you wants to run out of the building. The management of our department was very aware of it and made sure that we understood that it was not the end of the world and there was only so much we could do.
Pros
Lots of free lunch
Logistics Coordinator / Airfreight Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 26, 2017
Working for this company for the most part was not so bad, the worst thing is that you have no opportunity for advancement and you are required on occasion to deal with work on the weekends that you are not compensated for and this office is poorly managed and team work does not exist in the location that I was employed at.
fun and exciting i looked foward to start every morning
Freight Broker (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 5, 2017
a typical day for me was to get all my loads from my shippers ready to start matching them with trucks and to call new prospects daily to get more business and call my trucks with active loads to check up on them then contact all the traffic manegers to keep them updated on how therir freight to let them know that everything was on time and or try to resolve any problems when something went wrong like if a truck broke down or like if a shipment was rejected i would have to get on the phone to get those issues resolved as fast as possible and sometimes i would dispatch owner operators friends of mine to help them out when they needed help.
Pros
i liked their software and being part of a huge corporation
Cons
the software was expensive it came out of the agents pockets
backstabbing and credit mongers
Dispatcher/Pricing/Rating (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 5, 2016
worst experience of my life. the people on the east coast would steal all the business from the west coast because of time zone differences.
Fast paced, high stress, multi-tasking required
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, CONovember 20, 2016
Fast paced, high stress, multi-tasking required
Currently Managing a Multi-million dollar company
Keeping track of all daily loads (50 to 60 a day) while managing employees to make sure various tasks are completed.
Great company. Good to drivers.
California (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 20, 2016
This company is a great company. They are good to drivers and help when they can. There is a lot of freedom and plenty of opportunity to make good money as long as you are careful with load selection and definitely use load alerts.
Independent agents
New Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXAugust 31, 2016
Watch what you sign. You cannot trust the independent agents who work for the corporation of Landstar. Landstar does not hold themselves responsible for what their independent agents due in regards to employee's
Pros
Money
Cons
Job security
Good, stable company
BCO (owner/Operator) (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 31, 2016
I enjoyed the 10 years that I worked for Landstar. The only reason I left when I did was because of an injury to my left knee.
Learning experience
Independent Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 26, 2016
I enjoyed my time as an account manager working with Landstar. I was independently contracted through another agent so they unfortunately took a subsequent amount of my pay form me but other wise I was always treated fairly, Landstar was always in my corner and I learned an incredible amount about the Logistics industry.
Pros
Be your own boss
Cons
purely commission based
A nice place to work if you can keep up.
Owner Operator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 12, 2016
Most days are easy if you have booked your loads in advance. During your time there you will get to know a lot about deadheading.
Management is very professional and by the book.
The hardest part of the job for me was finding steady work without all the deadhead miles. I did like that it allowed me to get by the house more.
Pros
You get to find your own loads.
Cons
Finding your own loads isnot always easy.
Great Experience and Learning
Import Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wheaton, ILMarch 17, 2016
Fast paced and good environment to learn many things. Great place to start my management experience. Can be very stressful due to high volume
dispatcher
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 3, 2016
It was a life changing experience. I enjoyed working with my co-workers. the hardest part of this job was dealing with the Canada Border Patrol.
Pros
bonus
Cons
no benefits health innsurance
Productive and Busy
Log Compliance Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 30, 2015
With working with the DOT and Government caused our layout of the department to constantly change. It allowed me to learn new things monthly and sometimes daily.
Work very well as team player
Agent (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 6, 2015
Always give more to make the company I am with better each day.
Bringing to talents and proactive approach to any position I hold
Pros
Work for home
Cons
No corporate support
Exciting and Fast Paced,
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Collinsville, ILNovember 3, 2015
Small company, but the work always gets done. Energetic and fun people to work with. Love the company and what it does for their employees.
I survived *smile*
Administrative Assistant/Freight Broker (Former Employee) –  Muskogee, OKOctober 29, 2015
A typical day was to call clients for loads, then find drivers for those loads. I learned a little about the freight industry, and became HAZMAT certified. Management is okay, but if you need the customer service department be prepared to be on hold for a while. The hardest part of the job was trying to find drivers for low revenue loads. The most enjoyable part of the job: having a load deliver safe and sound.
Pros
Good work homelife balance, good benefits, low premium health insurance
Cons
Hectic, irratic, somewhat uncivilized and likely to give you a migraine
Liked the work, not the environment
planner (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown KyOctober 14, 2015
The work I did here was fine, data entry, but I found a major flaw in their safety procedures. I would work from 6pm to 6am with truck drivers coming in and out of our trailer and be left on my own for hours with no security at all. I wasnt allowed to lock the doors and i felt very unsafe.
bad
Automotive Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILSeptember 9, 2015
automotive management were the stupidest people on the planet..slept their way to their positions. Director sleeping with the vice president of the automotive department. HR aware of the entire situation, and does nothing. Ridiculous.
Easy Job
Truck Broker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 8, 2015
A typical day at work would consist of a lot of cold calls to shipper companies and finding the trucks to take them. What I've learned from this company is how to manage a whole operation over the phone. Management was a little lazy. When needing help, they would just tell me a phone number to call. He would just look at emails all day and act like he's talking to us so cameras can see he's "working" co-workers were fun to work with. The hardest part of the job was actually making money. The most enjoyable part was learning all the tricks on how to make my job easier.
Pros
Simple and easy
Cons
Not enough money
Revenue and Commissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 30, 2015
With this job I was able to work my way up to Global Logistics doing the weekly financial reports. Advancement was easy due to proper training.