Landstar Global Logistics, Inc.

Landstar Global Logistics, Inc. Employee Reviews

Independent agents
New Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXAugust 31, 2016
Watch what you sign. You cannot trust the independent agents who work for the corporation of Landstar. Landstar does not hold themselves responsible for what their independent agents due in regards to employee's
Pros
Money
Cons
Job security
Learning experience
Independent Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 26, 2016
I enjoyed my time as an account manager working with Landstar. I was independently contracted through another agent so they unfortunately took a subsequent amount of my pay form me but other wise I was always treated fairly, Landstar was always in my corner and I learned an incredible amount about the Logistics industry.
Pros
Be your own boss
Cons
purely commission based
A nice place to work if you can keep up.
Owner Operator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 12, 2016
Most days are easy if you have booked your loads in advance. During your time there you will get to know a lot about deadheading.
Management is very professional and by the book.
The hardest part of the job for me was finding steady work without all the deadhead miles. I did like that it allowed me to get by the house more.
Pros
You get to find your own loads.
Cons
Finding your own loads isnot always easy.
Great company. Good to drivers.
California (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 20, 2016
This company is a great company. They are good to drivers and help when they can. There is a lot of freedom and plenty of opportunity to make good money as long as you are careful with load selection and definitely use load alerts.
I survived *smile*
Administrative Assistant/Freight Broker (Former Employee) –  Muskogee, OKOctober 29, 2015
A typical day was to call clients for loads, then find drivers for those loads. I learned a little about the freight industry, and became HAZMAT certified. Management is okay, but if you need the customer service department be prepared to be on hold for a while. The hardest part of the job was trying to find drivers for low revenue loads. The most enjoyable part of the job: having a load deliver safe and sound.
Pros
Good work homelife balance, good benefits, low premium health insurance
Cons
Hectic, irratic, somewhat uncivilized and likely to give you a migraine
Fast paced, high stress, multi-tasking required
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, CONovember 20, 2016
Fast paced, high stress, multi-tasking required
Currently Managing a Multi-million dollar company
Keeping track of all daily loads (50 to 60 a day) while managing employees to make sure various tasks are completed.
backstabbing and credit mongers
Dispatcher/Pricing/Rating (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 5, 2016
worst experience of my life. the people on the east coast would steal all the business from the west coast because of time zone differences.
Good, stable company
BCO (owner/Operator) (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 31, 2016
I enjoyed the 10 years that I worked for Landstar. The only reason I left when I did was because of an injury to my left knee.
Horrible Management, Poor Communication, Favoritism
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Owosso, MIJanuary 28, 2015
I was hired into Landstar by my brother-in-law's father who owns the company in Owosso, MI. He had promised me anywhere from $8-$10/hour starting out and either way I'd make $10 eventually. I waited for at least 6 or 7 months before getting $8.25/hour. I had been trained poorly and each day that passed, I found I did more and more things wrong during this job. Eventually I got laid off and they never called me back. Management had an anger problem as well. Always raised their voices to employees during stressed situations.
Pros
Hour Lunch, Desk Job, Work With Family
Cons
Poor Management, Poor Communication
Great Experience and Learning
Import Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wheaton, ILMarch 17, 2016
Fast paced and good environment to learn many things. Great place to start my management experience. Can be very stressful due to high volume
Road for those with drive.
National Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, alJune 29, 2015
Great place to learn the logistics industry for those who want to earn their way to a great career. If youre a driven individual the management will help give you the tools needed for success. Competitive atmosphere but always friendly and wanted my colleague's success alone with mine.
Pros
Hard work will pay off
Cons
High demand enviroment
dispatcher
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 3, 2016
It was a life changing experience. I enjoyed working with my co-workers. the hardest part of this job was dealing with the Canada Border Patrol.
Pros
bonus
Cons
no benefits health innsurance
I wouldn't if I were you
Agency Manager (Former Employee) –  Region 5December 23, 2012
I worked my tail off (and am no stranger to hard work and in fact, normally prefer it that way), and got the shaft in the end, which I largely attribute to the extremely poor training mechanisms and Landstar "systems," supporting documentation, and "help" available.

I typically worked 12 - 16 hrs/day, 6 - 7 days/week, and was paid for FAR less than that (8-hrs/day, 5-days/wk, then for <20-hrs/wk.) I was simply dedicated to the success of the business. I had no co-workers... I operated the business out of my home, and management (the owner of the business) was hands-off, which would normally be something I would appreciate, but not in this case. I mentioned several times that I very badly needed help, but was only referred to the Landstar "help" to which I referred above, as we could not afford to hire any other hands.

The most enjoyable part of my job was that I operated the business out of my home, and during nice weather was able to work outside.

The most important thing I learned was that I do in fact hate Landstar just as much as I did for the previous many years I spent dealing with them as their customer during my career.
Pros
operated out of my home.
Cons
no medical, 401k, retirement, etc. benefits at all... plus all below.
Easy Job
Truck Broker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 8, 2015
A typical day at work would consist of a lot of cold calls to shipper companies and finding the trucks to take them. What I've learned from this company is how to manage a whole operation over the phone. Management was a little lazy. When needing help, they would just tell me a phone number to call. He would just look at emails all day and act like he's talking to us so cameras can see he's "working" co-workers were fun to work with. The hardest part of the job was actually making money. The most enjoyable part was learning all the tricks on how to make my job easier.
Pros
Simple and easy
Cons
Not enough money
Faced paced, on the spot decision making needed
Account Representative/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Pineville, MOMarch 3, 2015
Working from home was fine. I am self motivated, however the job was not stable, had zero benefits and no potential for advancement or longevity.

90% of the job is email and telephone communications, the rest is billing, customer service and service representation, hence the account manager position. One would need to be the middle man between customer and carriers. Also needed are sales skills to varying degree. I personally learned most aspects of the job on the fly and on my own.
Specialized Flex Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 3, 2015
This company is the best to work for, the people you meet and friends you keep here are awesome. Management is great, some departments are different more micro managing then others but you can advance and transfer with in the company. You will work believe me but you do your job and you are ok. No one really leaves once your in the door and some come back like i did. Overall this has been the best company i have ever worked for.
Pros
great work enviornment, cafe on site
Cons
some micro managing
Great Company; Fun place to work
Customer Service Specialist & Auditor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 9, 2015
Starting in a Data Entry position, I worked my way to specialist and then customer service and finally auditor and department trainer. I found it very easy to move up if you simply did you job well and learned all you could. I had to learn about deadlines and fuel taxes, mileage taxes and many more. As in any large company management teams ebb and flow. This tended to be the hardest part of the job as each management team have different styles. The best part of the Job is the company's involvement with the employees.
Pros
Great People
Cons
bad
Automotive Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILSeptember 9, 2015
automotive management were the stupidest people on the planet..slept their way to their positions. Director sleeping with the vice president of the automotive department. HR aware of the entire situation, and does nothing. Ridiculous.
Logistics Broker
Dispatcher/Billing (Former Employee) –  Collinsville, ILSeptember 11, 2012
I learned the logistics side of billing and brokering freight.
Fast paced working conditions which I enjoyed.
I looked forward to advancement within this company, however due to differences in social settings within this office I was not able to do so.
The hardest part of this job was having to be trained the billing portion of this job by a team member who lack to the ability to teach and be an team player, this was enhance by the owner who seem to take great pride in "stirring the office pot" The tone of competition was set by the owner who would often become belligerent and entice the other team members with insults with staff members.
This was not an environment I had been accustomed to working in.
Anger has no place in the office.
Pros
learning to be a logistics broker
Cons
horrible working conditions.
It's Lacking more than you get
Agent with inrodes to the corporate structure. (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 11, 2013
Solid overall business model, but there are so many "political factions" working on the corporate level that you get virtually no corporate support. The management have very little to do with the bulk of the agency base, and are pretty much only on speaking terms with the small section of multi million dollar agents. Senior management has no real grip on the day to day market and focuses nore on the trending of the business rather than what an agency really needs. Great in some areas.... quite poor in other even though they say they "can do it all". Good place to work if you want to kiss someones backside to get ahead and get noticed.
Pros
solid business model. but they execute it poorly
Cons
management is out of touch & their failures are blamed on the lower level employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Landstar Global Logistics, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Landstar Global Logistics, Inc. Reviews by Location