Lane Bryant Employee Reviews in United States

Multitasking enviroment with great customers.
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 22, 2016
Merchandized floor displays, maintained inventory, handle customers complaints, size women for bras and clothing and promote store's credit cards. Working there was not so great! The managers there was unethical. The best part about this job was meeting new people.
Pros
Discounts on clothing
Cons
Standing up long periods of times, unstable work hours, unstable work enviroment
customer service often rewarding with gratitude and purchases form clients
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 21, 2016
I enjoyed working with the customers but was only given 3 hours a week work which was not enough to keep me working for them. They kept hiring new part time employees and they were not given hours either. No reason given.
Pros
working with customers
Cons
not enough work
Bad manager can ruin culture.
Sales Lead Part-time Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Ellenton, FLMay 18, 2016
The company is great. Con: Benefits only for full-time Pro: The product sells itself. Pro: Promote from within. Con: half trained staff scrambling to fix problems.
Pros
unpaid 30 lunch, paid 15
Cons
benefits only for full-time
Comfortable environment, I really enjoy working here.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GAMay 16, 2016
I love the environment, it is warm and fun. I enjoy servicing my customers and love seeing a smile on their face when they leave.
unprofessional workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 16, 2016
very poor management. not a friendly workplace after your first month. multiple bad attitudes to deal with. most enjoyable part is discounts especially on bras.
Good part time job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairlawn, OHMay 11, 2016
Typical clothing store job. Fold and hang clothes, help customers pair outfits together. Pretty easy goin and you dont have to work really late.
Results may vary.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAMay 9, 2016
From the start you are taught basics of the position you want, however if you want to learn more the store manager has to approve you to do so. The other managers will likely teach you anyway regardless as you will not get proper training otherwise. You are pushed which is not a bad thing, but some managers expect you to memorize it after the first couple of days.

A typical day at work is to provide plus sized women in trendy outfits, and to empower them. There were some who just do not want to be helped, but due to select policies we are forced to aggravate them in our insistence to help, the same could be said for the credit card system. Some days it was fine, others not so much.

There were a lot of "scheduling" issues. Some request sheets would go missing, or be misread, and it is unlikely to get any holiday off. The computer systems, while new, still had many problems leading to customer aggravation, and anger. There was not enough time to learn the new computer systems.

My co-workers were great for the most part, there was some drama when I first started but later it was fine. The part of the job that was fun was usually when working with anyone that was not the manager you disliked. The hardest part of the job was dealing with angry customers and being forced to make credit card minimums; if they called and complained too much for whatever reason, or you did not get enough customers to open credit cards with insanely high interest rates, your hours get decreased if it is your fault or not, and you were less likely to get days off even if you put the request
  more... in 2 weeks prior as required.

In the end what I learned was that you cannot please everyone, and to take deal with conflicts. I learned customer service skills, and communication skills.
Pros
Meet nice customers.
Cons
Hostile work environment from select managers, a lot of unnecessary drama.
Workpace Review
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 3, 2016
Really enjoy the company's aims and vaules- no longer enjoy my current work environment after many major changes in management.
Good Company
Experienced Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Oswego, ILMay 2, 2016
I learned a lot from lane bryant mainly how to operate a store with multiple employees. I do know that from starting from the bottom I liked how they saw great poteintial in me and wanted me to move up quickly.
Lane Bryant
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXApril 28, 2016
Lane Bryant is a great company to work for. The manager of the Wichita Falls branch is not that great to work under but I would work for them again under a different manager. Their campaigns and things that they believe in such as #plusisequal and #imnoangel were super fun to participate in.
It's great as a pt job
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  LouisianaApril 28, 2016
The company and management lack common sense at times. They hire people, from my experience, from outside of the company and don't allow many people to move up in the company. The hours are sketchy and employee turnover is drastic. I understand that you shouldn't expect the same hours every week, but don't have me scheduled for 14 hours over the course of 4 days and blame it on the scheduling system/program. The discount is why many people stay. I've worked at multiple locations and had similar experiences across the board with under staffing.
Pros
Customers tend to be enjoyable, Discount
Cons
Pay
Not a fun place to work, expect too much done in too little time.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEApril 25, 2016
Usually scheduled for eight to nine hour shift, but almost always had to stay an additional hour or so (off the clock) to complete required work. expected too much in too little time. Best part of the job were the coworkers, worst part of the job was trying to keep all of the changing rules straight, between the store and corporate directives.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
Store Management and Corporate guidelines are not always the same.
Productive, hard working and customer based
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 21, 2016
My daily Managerial responsibilities include but are not limited to payroll management, daily clerical paperwork, supply orders, budgeting, employee training,conference calls, inventory control, freight processing, stocking the floor, entering information in our data base, and above all ensuring we deliver an excellent customer experience to every single customer.
Horrible
Part Time Employee (Former Employee) –  Harker Heights, TXApril 19, 2016
Management is horrible, if you like working for people that will make your life miserable, will make fun of it's customers, and not care what happens to you...then this is the place for you. The company as a whole isn't that bad and I'm sure other stores are much better. It's super clean, and that's about the best part of this store.
Pros
Clean
Cons
Everything else.
Daily work life
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSApril 18, 2016
Make sure the store is clean and in order. Assist customers with bra fits. Making sure that customers are satisfied and happy about their purchases.
deal with the register take payments help with nightly deposit.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
dealing with the public
Poor management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAApril 17, 2016
Favoritism is a huge problem. Co-workers are horrible to be around and make the job not something you want to do. Management is poor and managers would pawn there work onto the associates.
Worst job I ever had
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAApril 11, 2016
After dedicating 5years of my life to this company I came across a better opportunity and moved on. Looking back at my life i regret putting so much into that company because I put my all into working there and still made min wage. EMBARRASSING. Hours were unbelievable. Sometimes start at 8pm sometimes at 5am. Sometimes a 8hr shift or other times a 2hr shift. It was ridiculous. It wasn't just helping a guest shop.. Its also exchanging names getting her story adding items finding out if she has a card getting her fitted for a bra.. Cashiering and cleaning go backs always non stop.... Its overwhelming and I have never been so happy to leave! I won't ever do retail again. My advice is Only work here if u don't have kids and are a reliable person that enjoys to be on there feet always at work and that enjoys constant change.
Pros
Fashion knowledge
Cons
Hours, low PAY, no room for advancement.
Fun place to work
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Selma, TXApril 10, 2016
Everyone is very friendly and the store managers are very friendly and approachable. There is a strong sense of community and working as a team.
Very high fashion job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDApril 7, 2016
A typical day working here is wonderful.
everyone is friendly and management is the best!
The most enjoyable day is helping anyone in need of help.
Unprofessional and Catty
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAApril 7, 2016
The majority of the managers created a lot of tension and drama. I felt as though I was back in high school by the way they acted. Silent treatments and cold shoulders were often given if you did not do something correctly. Only two of the managers actually helped me when I had questions. The rest told us that we better figure it out on our own, but if we did not complete a task as quickly as they would have done it, we were ridiculed for it. This store was not at all employee friendly and over all very, very unprofessional.