Lane Bryant Employee Reviews

Productive fun workplace
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Emeryville, CAApril 27, 2017
Very busy on a typical day
workplace culture - different
Learning everyday
the hardest part of the job is servicing
the most enjoyable part of the job
Pros
Fun people
Cons
Demographics
Good atmosphere and wonderful people to work with
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNApril 27, 2017
I like working at lane bryant, the people I work with are awesome, and the atmosphere of the work place is awesome

the fact that all of us are working to make sure that everyone who comes into our store is valued and find the outfit that makes the clients feel like a million dollars
Helping Peoples Confidence
Style Consultant (Current Employee) –  Goodyear, AZApril 26, 2017
I work part time, i love it. Helping people with feel better about themselves, and meeting new people is great. You have to be able to multi task. I deal with no less than 3 customers at a time. You have to be able to talk to each woman, find what they need, answer questions, know the products, ring on register and greet everyone that comes in...all in a timely matter. You can focus to much on one customer, but you have to make each one feel important and not rushed.
The Most Enjoyable Part of the Job
Store Sportswear Manager (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAApril 26, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was the customers and my staff in the store. We worked well as a team in assisting customers. It was difficult at times but they made it less stressful.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Heavy Work Load
Fun Place To Work
Style Expert/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 26, 2017
Fun place to work with nice employee discount. Typical day included organizing shelving, cleaning fitting rooms, and providing cashier duties. Management was accommodating of most schedule needs, you're expected to work most holidays however.
Pros
Employee discounts, relaxed environment, friendly coworkers
Cons
Shift request issues
Style Expert
Part-Time Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAApril 24, 2017
All associates are trained on how to interact with customers and how to maintain the store. You have to have a sense of style because you will help customers with their clothes and/or undergarments. You will be required to sell undergarments as well, such as bras, underwear, Spanx, etc. Must be a team player. Also you have to talk about the company credit card.
Pros
Discounts, fun team environment
Cons
Working nights and weekends
ok
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 23, 2017
it was okay, a place for plus size teens to work.how do you make someone do a survey. The discounts are sometimes better being a customer. it was nice, management couldve been better
Lane Bryant
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Canton, MIApril 23, 2017
When you get a customer dressed from head-to-toe and she feels like the queen it is the best feeling in the world. You are able to get discounts and learn about the clothing of Lane Bryant from the passports and clothing surveys given by the company.
Pros
Meeting different people
Cons
Standing on your feet
A great environment to work at and very fun and always busy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXApril 20, 2017
Working at lane Bryant was a very fun environment. I love meeting new people and interacting with all kinds of different people. The management was awesome and I loved everyone there. This place is a great place to work!
Productive Work Days
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 20, 2017
Between going through new shipment and censoring clothing, a typical day at Lane Bryant was relaxed and sometimes competitive when it came to signing people up for credit.
Pros
Complementary Items from the Company
Cons
Part time no benifits

Want to know more about Lane Bryant?

Ask a question
Productive and inspiring
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHApril 18, 2017
A typical day would be putting out new merchandise or making replenishments. Creating an environment comfortable for women of all sizes. The most enjoyable part was being around confident women who make you feel inspired.
work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILApril 18, 2017
I'm not leaving there Its a great place to work for a second income and I have learned a lot of skills there and you develop relationships with customers so I plan to stay
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAApril 17, 2017
A typical day is keeping the store in a professional appearance. I learned to get customers to apply for LB credit cards. The management was amazing. It was all about team building and making the sales for the day.
Pros
awards
work at Lane Bryant
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Tualatin, ORApril 14, 2017
Lane Bryant would be good for college students or somebody who have a lot free time. Because honestly, their hours and shift aren't stable. Not enough of income to support living expenses.

other than that, I like my coworker and managers. Discount on clothing are pretty sweet.
Pros
discounts, flexible hours
Cons
not a stable income, benefits none.
Great Job for short period of time
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  New JerseyApril 13, 2017
If you are looking to move up within a company, this is not the company for you. They like to short changes the employees, they do not support "confidentiality" and they will consistently attempt to push you out the door without firing you so that they do not have the "revolving door" aspect within their company. Their management staff is told to treat accountability 2nd to profits. And if you do not fall in line with 100% of their "culture" you are considered a threat.
Pros
Flexible hours, movement to keyholder
Cons
Complete lack of support, no confidentiality with management
It was a well rounded work experience
Seasonal worker for the holidays (Former Employee) –  Vestal, NYApril 13, 2017
Lane Bryant was a very nice company that allowed me to gain the experience I needed in the clothing industry it also allowed me to get over my shyness if you will when talking to people outside of my comfort zone it was a very nice place to work for
Fun and interactive workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNApril 12, 2017
Lane Bryant is a wonderful company, I enjoyed working for them. I received hands on training and quickly learned the ropes of the workplace. The company was supportive and has good values.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Irregular schedule
Relaxed
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pearl, MSApril 10, 2017
Building confidence within customers due to the fact certain clothes makes them look funny. Knowing how to color coordinate colors to make the customer feel more confident.
Pros
Discount book
Cons
Short breaks
depends on location
Manager (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 10, 2017
I've worked at multiple locations and I can honestly say if you are a people person and enjoy socializing its a good job. But the dynamic of the staff will effect how someones personal experience will be.
Pros
amazing discount flexible hours free product
Cons
long hours on feet
OK retail job
Seasonal Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 9, 2017
Typical retail employer. Expectations were a little ridiculous (email collection, and getting customers to sign up for store credit cards). Start pay is really low only bout 75 cents more than minimum wage for sales associates

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lane Bryant. Our community is ready to answer.