Lane Bryant

Lane Bryant Employer Reviews

Good Job
Part Time Sales Lead (Former Employee), Memphis, TNFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: some of the management
This was a good job to have. The management could have been a lot better but overall it was ok. Their merchandise was price entirely to high but the had a steady customer base because of the need for plus size clothing and shoes.
Refreshing
Sales Associate - Retail (Current Employee), Denham Springs, LAFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: co-workers
Cons: compensation
My most enjoyable part of the day is assisting others in their quest for fashion. I have learned several management and leadership skills through this position.
fun place to work at
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), The Woodlands, TXFebruary 27, 2015
Promoted growth within company. Liked the fact that they strived for cleanliness, and order throughout the day. Very fun place.
Its an okay place to work like any other retailer.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: free bras
Cons: part time workers receive low hours, no healthcare, and sometimes do not receive off for days they choose
A typical day at work is processing store shipment, and helping customers. Everyone is responsible for different tasks like register operations, cleaning, processing shipment, and changing store layouts.
My favorite part for working for this company is that I get assigned to do what I enjoy which is changing store layouts.
I have never had a coworker I didn't like working for this company.
The hardest part of the job is the small staff. Sometimes you may not receive the day off you ask for.
The best part of the job is the openess of the managers if you are in school or have other things going on.
Great Place to Wrok
Stock Associate (Former Employee), Tanger Outlet, Westbrook CTFebruary 26, 2015
I unloaded the trucks on delivery day. I then security tagged and hung the products. Sometimes I would display the items on the sales floor according to the diagrams. The management was very flexible with my work schedule. It was a good place to work.
great place to work I wish i was still working there
Retail Associate - Key Holder (Current Employee), Mercedes, TXFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: short hours
Great place to work. I would recommend this job to anyone who is looking for a part time job while pursuing a degree. The co workers were great and management was wonderful.
very good work place with hard working employees
Billing, Team Leader (Former Employee), Cherry Hill, NJFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: loved my staff
Cons: never had a set schedule
I handled customer complaints , customer service , opening and closing store, dropping money off and picking money up from our bank..
Tough work, but very gratifying.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Tukwila, WaFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: working around so many people
Cons: you don't get as many break as you are legally supposed to. i.e: one 30 min lunch on a 8 hour shift
A typical day at work involves strenuous labor and helping customers with any needs they may come to you for. I have learned so many skills that will carry on with my in. Especially how to keep a smile on your face even when you are exhausted and ready to head home. I also learned to always put the customers needs before mine. Management needs some work. The store manager is fantastic, but fails to notice when her other managers are abusing more employees over the others. Two managers play favorites and tend to work people harder if they don't like them. Co-workers are very diverse, some still in school while others are doing this as their second job for a little extra money. The hardest part of the job is that you sometimes feel as if you are doing the work for multiple people and not getting the praise from your leaders as you deserve. I work as hard as I possibly can and instead of getting praise I get told what is wrong and added a ton of other things to my list. The best part is when you have helped a customer beyond what you needed to do and they thank you so much for all the hard work you have put in to helping them, while juggling many other tasks simultaneously.
loved the people
Sales Associate/Cashier/Stylist (Former Employee), South Plainfield, NJFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: great happy work enviorment
Cons: no full-time positions for my job title /no a great pay
i loved the work place,my co-workers,and managers,this was the happiest job that i had since i were a teenager,the problem that i had with the job,they didn't have no other full-time positions for me and more hours and benifits that i needed for me my my family.
annoying job
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: short breaks
Employees were constantly competing for credit of customers. Mangers was not present during workdays scheduled . Mangers would invite family members into the store to help close down the store.
Fun and Fashion
Sales floor associate (Former Employee), Concord, NCFebruary 15, 2015
Being a plus size woman this job was an ideal place to work for. The co-workers were very friendly and encouraging. The workplace was very polished and festive.
Lane Bryant
Casique Specialist (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLFebruary 14, 2015
It is more for a younger part timer that is in college and wants to make some extra money for extra activities wanted in early 20's or teens.If you're older shoot for management
Responisble for overseeing teh people, sales and operations of a multi store district
District Sales Manager (Former Employee), Reynoldsburg, OHFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: each day was different, able to travel, loved to develop and promote my team to other earned positions. company car
Cons: travel at times could be a challenge on the home/work balance, bigger company so at times felt lost in the masses.
Traveled to a new store each day- conducted store visits with the sotre team. I was responsible for the recruiting,interviewing and hiring of all management positions in the district. Once hired was responsile for the follow up and continuation of their training and development. Responsible for HR issues, LP issuesa and visual presentation standards. Bottom line was to have all expectations met in order to drive sales and customer service standards.
Lane Bryant is a fun place to work
Part time key holder to fill in for management (Current Employee), Council Bluffs, IAFebruary 5, 2015
I work with the public to assist in what they want to buy. Customer service. This job is really fun! I work on rearranging floor plans as well as hanging freight!
Fun and very educational
Part-time Sales Lead (Former Employee), Lehi, UTFebruary 4, 2015
I loved getting to know each of the regular clients and being able to help them find the perfect fit for them in clothes or bras. They are all different in their own way.
My co-workers were awesome. I enjoyed working with them because we were able to help each other learn and grow in the retail business. I think the hardest part of the job was understanding the layout and where you could flex merchandise so that the store still looked decent.
At the time the staff was very friendly.
Floor Sales to Stock Personel (Former Employee), Metairie, LouisianaFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: clothing bonuses with simple survays
Cons: not very good managment at the time
The time I spent there we went through 2 managers and both were not very good.

There was not much direction, to what my job was supposed to be, I was moved twice without much reasoning why.
COOL JOB
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee), visalia caFebruary 2, 2015
i loved going in to work every day knowing that today am going to make someones day brighter or better by showing them different clothing to wear and making them feel good about them self.
Retail can be a nightmare
Stylist (Former Employee), Murfreesboro, TNFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: fun fashion
Cons: no insurance and a manager bully
Lane Bryant was one of my more difficult jobs due to some issues I had with the manager at the time, she played favorites and often abused her power of sales associates (asking us to work of clock to save store hours) I eventually put in my two weeks notice and moved on with my life. I have since then been back to visit my old coworkers and was informed that the old manager was fired and things have greatly improved with the new manager.
100% Client focused
Sales Lead (Current Employee), Mesa, AZJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: people i work with and for, most clients
Cons: hours
100% customer service based. Clients are #1 priority. There is tasking like merchandise updates, window and sale changes. Processing shipment, register sales, selling store card. Do not take things personal in retail, always answer with a smile and always be polite even if a client is rude. Service with a smile is a great way to diffuse most situations. Can talk to management about any situation to get help and advice. Good teams in place makes the days go by so much faster. Associates are amazing! Always learning. The hardest part are the hours especially if you always have the closing shift or work the weekends, it's hard to plan your day or spend time with the family.
Challenging Clientele
Assistant Sales Manager (Former Employee), Monroe, LAJanuary 27, 2015
Loved working for the company just wish it were located in a different area.

1 2 3 4 5

About Lane Bryant

Lane Bryant is a big name in women's plus-size fashion. The nation's #1 plus-size clothing chain operates some 800 full-line and – Read more