Lane Community College Employee Reviews in United States

Friendly coworkers and interesting jobs
Maintenance Helper (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORMay 11, 2016
I liked the people i worked with and the variety of jobs i was given to do. It was nice to show up to work and not expect the same thing as yesterday. My Bosses and fellow coworkers were very understanding and always willing to help me when i need it.
A great college to work for to get your foot in the door.
Testing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMarch 24, 2016
This college gives opportunities that others do not, however, learn to keep your mouth shut when it comes to acceptance of others. It will cost you your job. Also It provides great pay and benefits.
Fun working environment
Lab Monitor (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMarch 8, 2016
I was working for the arts department through work study as a student. It is a great place to work. The supervisors are friendly and helpful, the job is easy and I was able to work on my homework and art projects.
College Bookstore
Part-time Cashier (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORFebruary 28, 2016
Work this job for short term but enjoyed every person I worked with including management and fellow students. There are no pros or cons for this review.
Very satisfying work and work environment.
Health Record Technology/HIM Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORFebruary 16, 2016
I love having so many holidays off, the benefits are good, I love working with my coworkers, and the students I come in contact with are outstanding. Most are focused and passionate about their education. I am an alumni of the Nursing program and now am Program Coordinator for Health Records/Health Information Management and love the opportunity to help students to find their path to success, i.e. a living wage job.
Pros
Beautiful campus, lots of online courses and complete programs available
Cons
recently become a little too politcal, but that should settle down soon
was only at LCC campus as student. My tutoring occured in Cottage Grove.
Volunteer Program - Tutor (Former Employee) –  Cottage Grove, OR 97424February 9, 2016
This community college seems to be a challenging place to maintain employment. I have seen many faculty and staff come and go in the last five years. This is disturbing to me. It speaks to a organizational culture that lacks engagement with its employees.
Fun and easy work
Music Library Clerk, (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORDecember 6, 2015
This is a great job for students part of the work study program. The work was easy and enjoyable. I had time to study when I didn't have that much work to do. Great supervisors
Pros
Gives you time to study
Wonderful People
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  EugeneOctober 18, 2015
I enjoyed working there very much. Wonderful employees, comfortable and fun work place with supportive management. Flexible work schedule.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
No benefits
Learning experience
Maintenance helper/ Custodian (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORSeptember 9, 2015
Diverse place to work. A lot of amazing, friendly people who work on campus. The politics can be really overwhelming. There should be room to improve considering this is a learning establishment, but most administrative peronal are hired from outside the college.
Pros
Amazing co-workers
Cons
growth isn't really possible
Community service
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Eugene OregonAugust 28, 2015
Lane Community College stands apart from other schools by providing truly accessible tutoring to the students. This service allowed the school to transform minds and hearts about what it means to obtain an education, This service really enabled C and D students to put in the effort in a safe environment to earn those A's.
ethical childcare
Childcare Staff (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORAugust 22, 2015
Greeting their parents as they were being dropped off and asking if the child had any issues going on that day.A typical day would include preparing their breakfast and helping them to serve themselves. Assisting the children in cleanup after meals. Setting up their activities for the entire day. Reading stories to them at nap time. Teaching them to pick up toys when they are done playing with them. The hardest part of the job was teaching them how important it is to share with their friends. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting and playing and teaching them new things.
Pros
Free lunches, enjoy the children.
Cons
no healthcare, not enough hours.
Fun Rewarding job
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORAugust 10, 2015
I loved working and serving others at this job. My managers were great and the company was clever and great! I learned how to make coffees, work with finances and help with everything else. I was able to be independent when closing and opening the store alone but also getting to work with other people and learn how to work together in stressful situations.
Fun place to teach students.
Computer IT Admin / Tutor (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORAugust 8, 2015
Very rewarding spreading knowledge to students and mentoring them. Tutor others in the latest programming languages is a great way to strengthen ones skills.
Fun place to work, positive, diverse, respectable, and an excellent employer
Human Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORAugust 6, 2015
A typical day at work was assisting current students in finding free clothing for school, work, or for their children, putting out new donations, offering emergency resources, cleaning, and running errands for my employer. As we had many different cultures at school, I learned some of their cultures and how to better assist the diverse population. I also learned how to solicit donations on a professional level from various department stores, filling out tax deductible forms for such stores. There were times when we had to fill in for absent employees and this went very well as we all worked together as a team. The hardest part of the job was transporting huge bins, on wheels, from one side of the campus to the other. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting all the different culturally diverse students, talking with them, and putting a smile on all the students faces when we could assist them in finding clothing and handing out the little extra's we would receive from time to time.
Pros
Meeting new students, learning and helping
Cons
Working in the basement
Great place to work for
Career Advisor (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJuly 14, 2015
As a Career Adviser, I advised students and community members in all aspects of career development including: coaching and instructing on all areas of career exploration, job search, job retention, and career advancement.
My typical day would include assessing needs, strengths, and barriers to employment to determine training, educational, career, and personal goals. Also, I coached on how to establish and build a marketable portfolio including: successful completion of applications, creation of employer-focused resumes, and cover letters. In addition to my daily routines, I periodically organized and presented workshops in how to effectively use career services, tools, and resources.
Individuals who utilized the career center had their own unique and diverse background, cultural values, belief systems, and a myriad of challenges. I have learned first-hand the transforming and empowering effect that client-centered service, motivating techniques, and instilling hope can have on people.
I am blessed to have had the experience to work with wonderful professionals at Lane Community College. The managing environment and co-workers were very nurturing and supportive of my professional development.
Unfortunately, as a grant funded position there was little job security. I found it difficult to get through the months before a decision was made on whether my job would be secure another year.
The hardest part of my job was leaving. I enjoyed the day to day interactions and effect I had in assisting others towards their career goals. Overall, I notice that working in
  more... this rich environment has fostered an exponential growth curve and I feel very proud of my progress.  less
Pros
Environment, co-workers
Cons
Grant funded positions, management-union
Summary
Staff (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJuly 7, 2015
Lane work-force is short staffed which is not uncommon in any industry today. The Executive Team is out of touch with managers, faculty, and classified staff. ET treats Lane employees with a condescending attitude and while it talks about transparency, employees are seldom heard. The culture hints that employee input is valuable however, the bureaucracy prevents staff from having a real voice. Lane operates from one crisis to another and seems unable to be proactive in solving budget crisis and employee anxiety and malcontent.
Pros
Rich Benefit Package, Mission Statement
Cons
Compensation too low for most staff to take full advantage of benefit package
Productive and Respectful environment.
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORJuly 6, 2015
I love this place. I come into work, clock in, get my radio and keys and my managers are always asking how their coworkers are doing. I talk to them for about 10 min and head over to start my work. I have learned how to clean more efficiently, to have fun at my work, and am picking up more skills as each day goes on! I love my work. The management is hilarious when you talk to them and they are highly knowledgeable on how the campus is run. They are great listeners and always emphasize education first (I'm a student worker.) My coworkers are a variety of very interesting individuals. One is working on making music to play at football games and works on it when he has time after work. Another is one of my best friends and always tells me if I need help with anything to call him on his radio and he will show me how to do something if I do not already. The hardest part is not knowing everything yet, but I am working on it! The most enjoyable part of work is coming in knowing I am respected, there is little supervision (so you can listen to music while you work) other than radios and sometimes the managers will stop by to inform you if there is anything serious going on, and the students/staff always have interesting stories if you just take a minute to listen. I work hard, little to no stress, and leave with a smile on my face. A fantastic place to work for!
Pros
Laid back work environment, good pay, and great people to work with!
Cons
I have no complaints, this place gave me a chance to provide for myself.
I like working there
Custodian Worker (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJuly 3, 2015
I enjoyed working at Lane community College I was on call part-time which man I went wherever I was needed I had one time or another working almost all the buildings there
Amazing job
Assistant Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMarch 22, 2015
I worked with a great group of people and I never wanted to leave, but I had to because I was a work study and I graduated. I would recommend working for them.
Great growth experience
Workstudy/Instructional Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Eugene, OregonFebruary 2, 2015
LCC works with their employees to allow a good home-work balance. There is lots of encouragement to improve job skills and to grow as an individual. Management within the department where I worked included the Dean of LLC and her Administrative Coordinator. Both were nothing but kind and encouraging. They made me feel I was part of their family.
Pros
fun place to work and to meet people from many cultures
Cons
long drive back and forth to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lane Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3