Lane Community College Employee Reviews

Work-Study
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMarch 22, 2017
Working for Lane Community College was a blast! I would encounter different ethnic groups and students parents. I enjoyed the diversity that I was exposed to while working for Lane Community. Being my first office position, I learned a lot of skills within and I am glad that it was with such a diverse facility.
Receptionist
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORMarch 9, 2017
Assisting students with computers, testing, answering phone calls, and checking out books. Having a positive attitude always even if having a bad day, do not let it affect your work. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I have a wonderful manager who is very friendly and has good communicating skills with her employees.
Pros
Able to do homework at work.
Cons
no cons.
Productive and intellectually stimulating
Professor of Computer Science (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORFebruary 15, 2017
A great place to work because the people are great and the overall atmosphere is progressive and encouraging. I had 20+ years there and continue too teach online for Lane. A typical day was arriving at my office, preparing lectures, giving lectures and exams, grading homework, etc. I had responsibilities for the faculty professional development program, sabbaticals, grants, etc. which gave me close contact with faculty and managers.
Pros
Encouraging, supportive.
Cons
Sometimes political issues got in the way.
good atmosphere.
Developmental Disability Specialist/ Job coach (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORJanuary 3, 2017
great co workers, excellent bus system. I think lane is a good place to go to school. A good place for a short term job, or long term with no benefits and short hours.
Pros
free lunch, bus route, school and work at same place
Cons
school breaks get laid off, no promotions
Great place to work for a student.
Instructor's assistant (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORNovember 28, 2016
My days included organizing the art studio, maintaining equipment. Assisting instructor with projects for the students. I often worked alone which game me the freedom to make my own desicions, which was enjoyable.
Pros
Hours were great.
Cons
Job was a temp posistion.
Fun working enviorment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Eugene OregonMay 11, 2016
Great place to work at . I worked there for a year as WorkForce study while i was going to college. Management, was easy to work with and very flexible with scheduling.
Pros
Great management
Cons
short breaks
Friendly coworkers and interesting jobs
Maintenance Helper (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORMay 11, 2016
I liked the people i worked with and the variety of jobs i was given to do. It was nice to show up to work and not expect the same thing as yesterday. My Bosses and fellow coworkers were very understanding and always willing to help me when i need it.
A great college to work for to get your foot in the door.
Testing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMarch 24, 2016
This college gives opportunities that others do not, however, learn to keep your mouth shut when it comes to acceptance of others. It will cost you your job. Also It provides great pay and benefits.
Fun working environment
Lab Monitor (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMarch 8, 2016
I was working for the arts department through work study as a student. It is a great place to work. The supervisors are friendly and helpful, the job is easy and I was able to work on my homework and art projects.
College Bookstore
Part-time Cashier (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORFebruary 28, 2016
Work this job for short term but enjoyed every person I worked with including management and fellow students. There are no pros or cons for this review.
Very satisfying work and work environment.
Health Record Technology/HIM Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORFebruary 16, 2016
I love having so many holidays off, the benefits are good, I love working with my coworkers, and the students I come in contact with are outstanding. Most are focused and passionate about their education. I am an alumni of the Nursing program and now am Program Coordinator for Health Records/Health Information Management and love the opportunity to help students to find their path to success, i.e. a living wage job.
Pros
Beautiful campus, lots of online courses and complete programs available
Cons
recently become a little too politcal, but that should settle down soon
was only at LCC campus as student. My tutoring occured in Cottage Grove.
Volunteer Program - Tutor (Former Employee) –  Cottage Grove, OR 97424February 9, 2016
This community college seems to be a challenging place to maintain employment. I have seen many faculty and staff come and go in the last five years. This is disturbing to me. It speaks to a organizational culture that lacks engagement with its employees.
Fun and easy work
Music Library Clerk, (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORDecember 6, 2015
This is a great job for students part of the work study program. The work was easy and enjoyable. I had time to study when I didn't have that much work to do. Great supervisors
Pros
Gives you time to study
Wonderful People
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  EugeneOctober 18, 2015
I enjoyed working there very much. Wonderful employees, comfortable and fun work place with supportive management. Flexible work schedule.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
No benefits
Learning experience
Maintenance helper/ Custodian (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORSeptember 9, 2015
Diverse place to work. A lot of amazing, friendly people who work on campus. The politics can be really overwhelming. There should be room to improve considering this is a learning establishment, but most administrative peronal are hired from outside the college.
Pros
Amazing co-workers
Cons
growth isn't really possible
Community service
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Eugene OregonAugust 28, 2015
Lane Community College stands apart from other schools by providing truly accessible tutoring to the students. This service allowed the school to transform minds and hearts about what it means to obtain an education, This service really enabled C and D students to put in the effort in a safe environment to earn those A's.
ethical childcare
Childcare Staff (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORAugust 22, 2015
Greeting their parents as they were being dropped off and asking if the child had any issues going on that day.A typical day would include preparing their breakfast and helping them to serve themselves. Assisting the children in cleanup after meals. Setting up their activities for the entire day. Reading stories to them at nap time. Teaching them to pick up toys when they are done playing with them. The hardest part of the job was teaching them how important it is to share with their friends. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting and playing and teaching them new things.
Pros
Free lunches, enjoy the children.
Cons
no healthcare, not enough hours.
Fun Rewarding job
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORAugust 10, 2015
I loved working and serving others at this job. My managers were great and the company was clever and great! I learned how to make coffees, work with finances and help with everything else. I was able to be independent when closing and opening the store alone but also getting to work with other people and learn how to work together in stressful situations.
Fun place to teach students.
Computer IT Admin / Tutor (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORAugust 8, 2015
Very rewarding spreading knowledge to students and mentoring them. Tutor others in the latest programming languages is a great way to strengthen ones skills.
Fun place to work, positive, diverse, respectable, and an excellent employer
Human Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORAugust 6, 2015
A typical day at work was assisting current students in finding free clothing for school, work, or for their children, putting out new donations, offering emergency resources, cleaning, and running errands for my employer. As we had many different cultures at school, I learned some of their cultures and how to better assist the diverse population. I also learned how to solicit donations on a professional level from various department stores, filling out tax deductible forms for such stores. There were times when we had to fill in for absent employees and this went very well as we all worked together as a team. The hardest part of the job was transporting huge bins, on wheels, from one side of the campus to the other. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting all the different culturally diverse students, talking with them, and putting a smile on all the students faces when we could assist them in finding clothing and handing out the little extra's we would receive from time to time.
Pros
Meeting new students, learning and helping
Cons
Working in the basement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lane Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3