Lane Construction

Lane Construction Employer Reviews

White brothers - A Divison of Lane
Foreman / Superintendent (Former Employee), Westbrook / Lewiston MaineMay 30, 2014
Pros: you might get one bbq with hot dogs a year
Cons: no job securiy
We were laid off for in early September for the winter early and brought back to work late in the spring early year. You are a number at Lane don't let them fool you. Forget about having a family at Lane because they are a bottom line company.
Construction
Laborer (Former Employee), Portland, MaineApril 23, 2014
Jack hammering, paving, and foreman work. Laying out road signs and ensuring the safety of a small crew. We re-constructed bridges, highways and ramps to highways.
The company has a great reputation in Maine for over 100 years
Service truck driver to estimator to plant foreman (Former Employee), Belfast, MEApril 8, 2014
Pros: lots of training and exposure to construction
Cons: long hours, and serious dedication if your management
I enjoyed the process from blasting ledge, production of the aggregates, to the production of asphalt.
Utility worker
Untility worker (Former Employee), Lebanon, TNMarch 9, 2014
The job is very time consuming. Not enough hours in a day to accomplish certain tasks.
We built Highways
EQUIPMENT OPERATOR (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 20, 2014
I ran a bulldozer, track hoe and motor graders. Any equipment necessary to lay pipe. I also operated a GPS Topcon and Trimble when needed. I was capable of doing any job on site with any piece of equipment on site.
bad work place
Supervisor of a small team 5 people (Former Employee), chesapeake vaFebruary 11, 2014
to sum up this job it was not a good place to work. laid people off after a task was done. bad management bad cowokers
could be a good job but management wont have that.
Crane Operator (Former Employee), 485 CharlotteOctober 13, 2013
Pros: there are no pros
Cons: short checks, must be willing to give up any sign of a personal life, did i say short checks? they will screw you on your money!
(Warning) Lame has serious issues with time keeping. The last 8 weeks I worked here none of my checks were right. Shorted me on OT pay regularly. Superintendent micro manages the job. Wanted me to put my CCO's on the line daily, running cranes that should have never been on site. Totally UN-Certifiable cranes. If you have the certifications you will – more... get stuck on the junk cranes. Only those with min. CERT's get the new cranes. Once they pick you up from the parking lot in the morning, you had no clue when you were going to get off. Could be a good job if superintendent wasn't stuck in the 70's. Slave driver mentality. If your not operating the crane he expects you to tie steel or some other job out of your trade. You've been warned. I've heard its just this superintendent, I couldn't afford to stay and find out. Also, anyone with a white hat IS going to give you some orders, not because he knows what he's doing but simply because he has a white hat and wants to show his power. Very egotistical bunch at this company. – less
Great Company
Construction Worker Asphalt Paving (Former Employee), West Columbia, SCJuly 25, 2013
Pros: great foreman
Cons: heat and long work hours
productive and fun workplace great teamwork excellent benefits great traveling to different towns & cities
mangement was wonderful@other emploers was great
traffick control (Former Employee), greenvill.scJuly 9, 2013
lane construction is wonderful employer to work for i enjoy out side work
doing the best job i can..
Work Crew Supervisor / Field Asset Services (Former Employee), Central Valley, CAMarch 27, 2013
Pros: like warm weather
Cons: did not like working in the rain
I like working mostly by myself..The more i worked the more i
would make..like going to different towns...to do new jobs..
exciting workplace.
labor (Current Employee), Cheshire, CTMarch 17, 2013
Pros: free healthcare, pay scale
usually work 10 to 16 hr days, any weather. Always learning something new everyday. Co-workers are always easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was being away from my family every weekend.
Racist against blacks and Latinos in some Texas locations
Asphalt Plant Tech (Current Employee), Waco, TXJanuary 16, 2013
Pros: decent health care
Cons: the entire waco operation sucks.........
Will only promote friends,They do not care for the average worker. No holiday pay! They lie to get you in the postion and then everything changes.
Busy
Truck Driver/Laborer (Former Employee), Washington, MENovember 16, 2012
Pros: good pay, decent equipment.
Cons: long hours, weekend work, hot.
Summers working for Lanes Construction are busy! Dont expect a home life but expect great pay checks. The hours you work are unreal. I would say Lanes owns you in the summer time. If you like days at the beach and vacations with yuor family in the summer and fall,,,dont look for work with Lane Construction. If you want to make some big paychecks and – more... dont mind long hot hours then this is perfect for you. – less
Good job but poor management
Carpenter (Former Employee), Portsmouth, VAJune 20, 2012
A typical work day could constist of anything from rod busting to concrete finishing management is bad very bad.
Productive in any task givin to me.
Heavy Equipment Operator and Transporter (Former Employee), Maitland, FLJune 18, 2012
Pros: in my journey with the company always had a new adventure.
Everyone worked as a team professional and curtious day in and out. I also learned to inspect pipes and under ground inpections. There wasent a part of my experience I didn't enjoy in working for Lane and no task too hard.

About Lane Construction

For more than a century The Lane Construction CorporationĀ has been widening, paving, and constructing lanesĀ for highways, bridges, – Read more