Lane Construction Employee Reviews

okay
Construction Laborer (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 10, 2017
Good job with nice pay and plenty of overtime.
the staff is nice, and they are good at what they do.
The boss's are good to work for will help you out when needed
Great place to work with opportunities to grow and make a good carrier of it.
Piledriver (Former Employee) –  Goldenrod, FLJune 1, 2017
It's a great place to work. You have paid holidays. You work plenty of hours and they always have work weather it's driving pile or helping carpenters. Management is good they have fireman's who will go o er the job with you and teach you new things. I'd say the hardest part about it is the humidity. Other then that it's repetitive and. You work with great ppl who work side by side with you and work as a team including your foreman.
Construction Laborer
Construction Laborer (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaMay 9, 2017
A construction laborer typical day is meeting at the shop at 6 am, then going to the site. Typically, we will get our equipment ready for the day and it is normally very hot. I enjoy most about my job is the people I work with. I have great conversations with my co-workers.
Very productive and enjoyable company to work for
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Cheshire, CTApril 18, 2017
Typical day at work started with a brief safety meeting and overall assignment for the day, with the Lane Corporation I learned how to properly and safely operate different pieces of machinery, with this being said the management team was very hands on and open to hear about safety and production suggestions, they really want to see their employees succeed. Although very diverse the workplace culture was very welcoming and enjoyable, there really wasn't anything hard about the job except maybethe unexpected machine malfunctions at times when trying to meet timely requirements. The best thing about this job was having the privelege of working with the best group of people I have ever met and great management team.
Pros
Pay and benefit package, geat work enviroment
Cons
no cons really
Best Job Ever help
SUMMER INTERN (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 28, 2017
This place was the one that gave me a chance to succeed. I started working with this company when I after my first year in college and nothing but good things. They gave me real life deadlines and task. Knowing I had little to no experience in the field they still gave me work to do and this made me ask questions. Which eventually pushed me to be better.
operator
GRADER OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEFebruary 27, 2017
good place to work....just be well aware from April until November you will be working a lot of hours away from home. good management i the Bangor area.
Working at Lane Construction was an amazing experience!
Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cheshire, CTNovember 23, 2016
Working at Lane Construction was an amazing experience!
The workplace environment was nothing but productive and enjoyable! Management was always clear and precise in what they expected from you. My co-workers were always pleasant and ready to help train the "newbie". Teamwork was not only preached but practiced by all members of the department.
Overall Great Company
Carpenter/ Construction Worker (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VANovember 5, 2016
I enjoy working for this company, they are always teaching and giving opportunity for growth. It is contract work with ability to move locations, but i am family man and prefer to be near family.
Professional
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 1, 2016
Overall positive experience. Learned how to build bridges. The two in Vermont were 600 feet long and 130 feet above grade at the center. Very "employee" oriented company.
Fun job. Liked working with the equipment and people.
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Lorena, TXOctober 11, 2016
I enjoyed working for lane construction. Learned alot about laying asphalt and the process of laying asphalt. Good company to work for.
Company needs sick leave (paid)and better vacation
Pros
Learned several job duties.
Cons
Job ended and has to find anothwr job or move out of toen.
A place to gain experience in various fields of construction
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXSeptember 18, 2016
Good company that values safety and job security. Supervisors are eager to instill in each employee knowledge about all aspects of infrastructure construction.
Pros
promised overtime
Cons
Extreme temperature elements
fun,always something to do
Machine/Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLAugust 26, 2016
Used different variety of equipment, not limited to listed.... The bosses never communicate and everyone pays for it in the end, They will send you to one plant and other boss send you back ..on and so on..But I enjoyed what I did as far as my job..
Pros
Pay
Cons
hours
friendly and productive
Human Resources Assistant - Pension Plan (Former Employee) –  chesire, ctJuly 1, 2016
friendly and productive, friendly reception. Easy to make relationships with fellow employees in a productive manner. nice work parties and picnics throughout the year. good morale around the whole company. encouraging management
A fun place to work!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheshire, CTMay 25, 2016
Everyone there was really nice and easy to talk to. Premises was always clean and kept up. Co-workers were always in a good mood and stress free. If I had a question about a project, no one had a problem helping me or giving information. Learning the flow of the business and working with all of the reps made each day challenging, and fun.
Pros
Stress free environment, super co-workers
Cons
None that I can think of.
lots of ot available.
Machine/Plant Operator (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMarch 3, 2016
You never get to have family time always working. lots of hours available. never know one day to the next! good benefits and retirement.
Pros
company veh
Cons
no family time
The worst managed company. Financially unstable
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 5, 2015
The company has their values posted all over the place... what a joke. Everyone laughs at the plaque. The employee turn-over is so high, below average benefits, they can't land a job in NC if it was giving to them and they expect you to move with no notice.

If you think you will get ahead don't count on it. There is virtually no development because the training dept. is non existent. The HR dept. is probably the worst as they absolutely have no clue and as well as the Estimating Dept. Lane is surrounded by so many that have mentally quit but they still work there just collecting a weekly check.

If you want to work there, you better think twice and do your research.Invest in your future elsewhere. Lane will be gone from NC / SC very soon.
Pros
I have met some nice people
Cons
No professional growth. Financially unstable
railroad
Rail Worker (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCOctober 12, 2015
WE PUT DOWN THE RAIL ROAD TRACKS.Also drove the forklift around the yard,worked on the train carts,worked on the railroad tracks,got along great with co workers
worked long hrs and long days
hard working environment
Asphalt Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCSeptember 23, 2015
Too many people think they are the boss and those that have the authority abuses it at a moments whim. going home is the most enjoyable part of this job. hardest part is job security.
Pros
long hours, overtime is must
Cons
short breaks, healthcare is little to none
Internship Experiance
Environmental Intern (Current Employee) –  Fort WorthAugust 17, 2015
A fantastic experience with wonderful people. The culture in the office and in the field is one of family. LANE really goes out of there way to treat people right and to do the job safely.
fun place to work
Survey Party Chief (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 11, 2015
Poor planning and poor leadership. If they could keep some good help it would be a lot better place to work.
The hardest part is the poor planning.
Most enjoyable part is the workers
Pros
friendly work place
Cons
no plan

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lane Construction. Our community is ready to answer.