Lane Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Unprofressional
PFS clerk (Former Employee) –  Zachary, LAFebruary 10, 2018
When working here, be expectant of being put behind management's employed family members. When I was there, my hire on supervised was great but overloaded, she was replaced. The new superviser does not have the personality to supervise. She allowed a lower management to swear at employees including myself. NOW I have the opportunity to work in the better management staffed part of the hospital but was put on the the no hire list because I quit and no longer chose to be walked over like a doormat. I am great at my job and chose to no longer be an employee of unprofessionalism. I didn't even mind being overloaded with 3 people's jobs. I loved my job. Management is highly unprofessional and the higher chain of command doesnt care. Good luck.
Pros
patients, low cost benefits
Cons
poor management, status part time yet full time hours, no set schedule unless youre related to someone
productive and fun
Dietary Aide /cashier (Former Employee) –  Zachary, LAJanuary 15, 2018
I learned knew things about food tem.
keeping a clean work place.
I met a lot of different people my boss was the best ...
we had inspection every other months
Pros
half off meals
Cons
short breaks
Over all I loved working there
Insurance and refund clerk (Current Employee) –  Patient Finacial ServicesJanuary 5, 2018
Lane is a family oriented facility. Employees are good and the patient is the number priority . I have enjoyed my job and the care I have always received.
Nice place to work for the most part.
Hand dust (Current Employee) –  Zachary, LAOctober 26, 2017
It is a good place to work. The hours a pretty flexible and everyone is pretty friendly. You have breakfast and lunch a discounted price. The only thing is if you don't have some sort of degree, you get paid very minimum.
Pharmacy drama
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Zachary, LAOctober 18, 2017
I have worked in much larger hospitals that had alot more employees and yet Lane’s Pharmacy has about 10 employees and the drama is unreal. The lead tech tells the pharmacists how to do there job and yells at employees and then yells profanities about employees constantly. Of course nothing is ever done about it. The boss seems to not care. Oh and if you want to take your vacation time...they make you jump through hoops and even then they don’t allow you to take all the days you ask due to ALWAYS being under staffed. They don’t care about their employees. By far the worst place i have ever worked.
Pros
Cons
Everything about the pharmacy
Wonderful place to work if you are part of their circle
Registered Nurse-Charge Nurse, Telemetry (Former Employee) –  Zachary, LAJuly 16, 2017
If you are not part of their circle you will have a tough time. People are friendly on the surface, not so much one on one. Nurse turn over is very high in all departments for this reason.
Pros
a job to have
Cons
no diversity
Overall a good place to work
Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Zachary, LAJuly 11, 2017
Overall this is a good place to work if you want a fair relaxed environment with decent pay. The only problem is there is not room for advancement so it is best to work a job like this when you are 10-15 years from retirement.
Pros
Relaxed, Nice people, balanced, not cut-throat, health insurance
Cons
Boring, no room for advancement, stale
Productive work place
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Zachary, LAJuly 2, 2017
Lane Regional Medical Center is a great place to work. The environment is very diverse and friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job is patient care.
Pros
Outdoor season activities
Cons
Understaffed
Tele
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Zachary, LAJune 21, 2017
I loved working at LRMC but they would not match the pay offered for another company for the same work, which is why I left. I would recommend this place to new graduates so that you could gain experience and move on.
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Zachary, LAJune 11, 2017
This job gave me the opportunity to grow. The supervisor was patient and always had time to teach, to help out and to educate.It was a very comfortable environment to work in
Pros
There is room for growth
Cons
I have none to state
Registration Supervisors
PFS Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Zachary, LAMay 29, 2017
The supervisors in the patient registration areas weren't fair at all. All they do is belittle their staff with unfair treatment. No advancement avail
Pros
Free health fair
Rn
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Zachary, LAMarch 20, 2017
Not a great place for new nurses. There is not enough support. Units are extremely short staffed. Details of one on one meetings with administration are shared with other staff members. No confidentiality for workers. Small hospital, not enough resources.
fun workplace
Nurse Assistant/ Ward Clerk (Former Employee) –  Zachary, LAMarch 10, 2017
I enjoyed working here. Manager and co workers were nice and showed a great amount of team work. everyone was nice and got alone with each other. I recommend others working here.
Ok place to work
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Zachary, LAMarch 5, 2017
Just like anywhere it depends on what department you work in. It is a small hospital in a small community. You get the gossiping you would expect. There are a lot of good people that work there as well. Awesome benefit packages
Pros
friendly people
Cons
Management could improve
Ok place to work
Dietary Assistant (Current Employee) –  Zachary, LAFebruary 16, 2017
Over all its OK to work there good l have a good boss and the CEO he is a good person he walks around and ask everyone how they are doing. Everyone cares.
I learned a lot
Laboratory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Zachary, LAApril 19, 2016
This was my first job. I started as student worker, and when I went to college I became a lab clerk. As a biology major, it was cool to see the different things that came through the lab. I learned most of my skills there and the people were nice.
This place feels like family striving for the best.
Communications Operator (Former Employee) –  Zachary, LAFebruary 6, 2016
Working here was great. The whole hospital comes together like a family, and it makes a good place to work for. My coworkers were awesome, and that made work a pleasure. Management is very devoted to constant improvement of the hospital and medical services in the community.
Pros
employee benefits, sense of community
Cons
hours, pay
FUN place to Work
Ultrasound Tech (VOLUNTEER) (Former Employee) –  Zachary, LAOctober 20, 2015
This was a very fun place to work/ volunteer. Everyone was very helpful and would go out of there way for you. Learned something new everyday.
an ok place to work
Dietary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Zachary, LAOctober 8, 2015
My day would depend on what position I was working on that day. The days that I cooked I came in at 10 AM and start to prepare the food for the hospital and nursing home. I learned how to cook at for a hospital and nursing home at this job. I also learned the different diets for different patients.
Fun place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Zachary, LASeptember 15, 2015
I haven't been there in years, but of what I remembered Lane was a great family, community hospital. Most of the patients come from the surrounding parishes. Its better than going into the big city, especially if you need something simple done.