Lane Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

This place feels like family striving for the best.
Communications Operator (Former Employee) –  Zachary, LAFebruary 6, 2016
Working here was great. The whole hospital comes together like a family, and it makes a good place to work for. My coworkers were awesome, and that made work a pleasure. Management is very devoted to constant improvement of the hospital and medical services in the community.
Pros
employee benefits, sense of community
Cons
hours, pay
FUN place to Work
Ultrasound Tech (VOLUNTEER) (Former Employee) –  Zachary, LAOctober 20, 2015
This was a very fun place to work/ volunteer. Everyone was very helpful and would go out of there way for you. Learned something new everyday.
an ok place to work
Dietary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Zachary, LAOctober 8, 2015
My day would depend on what position I was working on that day. The days that I cooked I came in at 10 AM and start to prepare the food for the hospital and nursing home. I learned how to cook at for a hospital and nursing home at this job. I also learned the different diets for different patients.
Fun place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Zachary, LASeptember 15, 2015
I haven't been there in years, but of what I remembered Lane was a great family, community hospital. Most of the patients come from the surrounding parishes. Its better than going into the big city, especially if you need something simple done.
Lane Regional Med Center
RN Intensive Care Unit, Charge Nurse, Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Zachary, LAJune 9, 2015
I loved my work at Lane in the ICU setting. I left my job there due to cut backs in budget, salary and compensation. Lane is going through a staffing crisis from the CEO on down to house keeping. I love taking care of critical patients.
Pros
ICU patients
Cons
Frequent cancellations, low census and staffing shortages.
competent hospital, but with a dark underside
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Zachary, LAApril 19, 2015
competent staff and facilities. small "family" work atmosphere...that is both good and bad. if you are not part of the "family" you are ostracized. loyalty and hard work are not recognized as it should. i think there are only 12 employees working there because the same ones rotate employee of the month and year. The director of the department i worked in is a lying, racist, misogynist (i.e.: he hates women) except to oogle them and make innuendos about them to male employees. Since everyone in management and administration is "family" there is no accountability against one of their own.
i would not hesitate to go to Lane as a patient and do recommend Lane for healthcare, but i strongly caution anyone seeking employment to exhaust all options before accepting an offer from Lane.
Pros
employee picnics, BBQ's. christmas party
Cons
see review
Phlebotomist II (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 17, 2015
I started my work day at 4am. I was at the hospital ready to do my ,morning rounds. I collected blood samples and brought the back to the lab for testing. I handled all the early morning out patients that came in for fasting blood work as well. We were in charge of completing all urinalysis and urine pregnancy testing. I always plated all the swabs and urine cultures and other specimens that would go to the Bacti Department.
Pharmacy Technician
Staff Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Zachary, LAMarch 29, 2015
Pharmacy Technician in hospital pharmacy. Worked well with fellow co-workers to assist the pharmacist(s) in stocking the med cart with the necessary medications for in house patients. Delivered medications to nurse's stations throughout the hospital. Also, knowledgeable of the Pyxis Machine which I was required to restock.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Unable to be trained for IV's
What I thought about my experience at Lane
Medical Lab Technician Student (Former Employee) –  Zachary, LANovember 6, 2014
The staff at Lane was very friendly and super helpful. If i didn't understand something that they were showing me, they had no problem explaining it until i got it.

They were always willing to show me new things as long as I was willing to learn. The were never to busy to show me anything. and they were always positive and ready to answer any question i may have had no matter how small or crazy i thought it was.

They never treated me like I should have known everything. They taught me like I was just learning everything outside of basics.

It was an excellent experience for me.
Small friendly hospital
Med surg Orthopedic RN, Preceptor and Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Zachary, LAOctober 7, 2014
A typical day at lane is usually busy with ER and Surgery Admits coming to the floor. I learned time management by working at lane, I also had the opportunity to work with a great group of individuals. The most enjoyable part of my job is making a difference in the patients lives, and the size of the hospital. Everyone at lane is very friendly and caring.
Dependable honest and enjoy working with others
Floor Technician Enviromental Services (Current Employee) –  Zachary, LAJuly 16, 2014
A typical day at work is to keep the hospital clean, checking on patients, assisting others in duties and buffing floors,

Organizational skills, multi task, resourceful in completing projects

management is excellent

The most enjoyable part of the job is working well with others and meeting and helping people
Busy environment, Great physicians
Surgical Technologist (FT) (Current Employee) –  Zachary, LAJune 19, 2014
Learned a lot of different specialties that has helped me very much today. The hardest part of the job was working On Call and balancing family at the same time. I love orthopedics and got plenty of experience in that specialty.
Pros
physicians
Cons
call
I enjoyed assisting residents with whatever they needed.
Nursing Assistant/ Restorative Tech (Former Employee) –  Zachary, LAApril 28, 2014
Helping residents get dressed and get their day started. I learned to that a smile and a friendly hello can really make someones day. The hardest part of the day was to see residents ill or die. The most enjoyable part of the job was to make some residents day.
Do not work here
Emergency Room Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Zachary, LAJanuary 5, 2014
Too many unhappy people work here, the managment has no idea how hard it is to be a middle man here
My review is based on hiring
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Zachary, LAAugust 8, 2013
I do not understand why this company do not give people the opportunity to work if they do not meet the years of experience. How can you meet the years of experience if you are just getting out of college? The company seems to be a nice company to work for, only if I had a chance to even get an interview.
not a very fun place to work
Mechanic 2 (Former Employee) –  Zachary, LouisianaJune 20, 2013
you always had somebody micromanaging you there was to many supervisors.
Computer Technician (Current Employee) –  Zachary, LAApril 10, 2013
Since I started working here, I received a lot of great and warm welcomes, which made it easier to work. When in training, I made sure that I could gather and learn all that I could so when it was time to work on my own, I could do it quickly and easily.
I learned a lot about Active Directory, how to Image and manage Wyse Terminals, Asset Management and so much more.
All of my co-workers where great to be around and work with. Many of them even appreciated my broad and crazy sense of humor.
The hardest part of the job was the work load that would come in with only 2 technicians.
The most enjoyable part of the job was completing a task, or project that I could look back on and say that I was successful and was able to make people not hate technology so much.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lane Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.