Langan Engineering & Environmental Services

Langan Engineering & Environmental Services Employee Reviews

Colleagues were awesome
Marketing (Former Employee), Elmwood Park, NJJuly 2, 2012
Coming out of college and this being my first job was great. I learned a lot while I was there.
Working alongside Engineers
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 13, 2012
Pros: we have bagel fridays every friday, christmas bonus and party every year, we have a bowling tournament on the wii every year around spring, company picnic, softball, bring your child to work day, and other activities
Cons: breaks are short. lunch is 45 mins which is not enough time if you work in the city.
My typical day at work consists of maintaining three Senior Associates calendar, answer and screening calls, booking conference rooms for meetings throughout the day, updating our phone list and CCM to add contact information so they can see it on their Blackberries. There are times I would have to create spreadsheets so we can track proposals and invoices that go out. Every month, on the fifteenth day, I call clients to make sure they have received invoices and find out if they have any questions. Also, I help them with their flights, hotel reservations, and car service when needed. There are days where I run several reports and send them out to various clients that request them. There are so many responsibilities I take on, but I named the ones that were most important.

There is nothing hard about the job. There are days that it can be downright crazy. There are deadlines that have to be met, so prioritizing plays a big role at this company.
Corporate Plantation
Staff Engineer Level I (Former Employee), Elmwood Park, NJMarch 20, 2012
Pros: company classes
Cons: pay, pigeon holing
This company has a method of doing things their way. If it's not for you, they have no inhibitions of telling you where the door is. There are plenty of resources here. They are pretty keen to the technology, but there is competition within the company walls. Some do not want to help you out. They look for ways not to pay you your deserved compensation. Gather what you can from here and move on. Luckily there are companies that welcome former employees.