Job Title: Marketing Communications Writer
Reports To: Director of Marketing
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Prepared By: Greg Forney
Prepared Date: February 2012
VISION & MISSION STATEMENT
To see churches equipped for mission and growing to maturity in Christ through the ministry of pastors and leaders who believe, teach and live by the Word of God.
To strengthen the ministry of the Word of God through:
1. Nurturing national movements for training in biblical preaching;
2. Multiplying the creation and distribution of evangelical literature; and
3. Strengthening the theological training of pastors and leaders by qualified evangelical teachers.
The Marketing Communications Writer position will work closely with the Director of Marketing to resource and develop content used in Langham Partnership marketing and communications. The projects will be varied in nature and include research and writing in support of the website, e-communications such as weekly e-news, social media, direct marketing, corporate communications (Annual Report, general brochure) and other writing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Other duties may be assigned.
Key Result Area #1 – Write and Edit Marketing Communications (Approximately 60% of the Time).
1. Receive and coordinate writing work flow with the Director of Marketing.
2. Manage the communication calendar for eNews, social media and assigned projects.
3. Write insightful, informative and relevant copy that addresses the needs of the audience and adheres to internal style guide and AP.
4. Write and edit in various styles of writing, including:
- Web, online, blog
- E-mail marketing campaigns
- Online & Offline Press Releases
- Direct mail, e-appeals
- Annual reports, general brochures, and other communication projects
5. Edit documents and written materials for content, grammar, organization and adherence to style manual;
6. Give and receive creative ideas, edit others work, be edited, and work harmoniously with others in the creative process.
7. Experience in direct marketing very important. Experience in social media and other multi-media writing, such as video scripts is very helpful.
Key Result Area #2 – Resource, gather stories and journal (25%).
1. Consistently and proactively seek story and other resource ideas for a variety of communication mediums (web, print, direct mail, press releases, other);
2. Participate in resource gathering for story, photography and/or video content;
3. Develop system of storing stories and resources.
Key Result Area #3 – Provide support for marketing initiatives (15%)
Support the Director of Marketing in key campaigns, management of projects and other areas related to marketing and communications.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty/function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Vibrant personal relationship with Christ
- Ability to deal with internal and external publics with a positive and enthusiastic personality
- Ability to be self-directed and proactive
- Excellent writer that is able to write quickly and effectively
- Ability to excel and remain positive during times of challenge
- Ability to work with interdependently with people in a team-oriented environment
- Able to juggle conflicting priorities and determine best case courses of action
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Unquestionable integrity and strong sense of professional ethics
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Ability to do repetitive motions on a keyboard for up to 8 hours a day
- Ability to travel (domestically and internationally) up to 10% a year.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; two to five years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Proficiency in spoken and written English. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.