Language Line Services Employee Reviews

convenient/low pay
Linguist / Medical Interpreter English/French (Current Employee) –  TELECOMMUTESeptember 14, 2017
Very convenient job, interesting, a lot of learning in various fields, good management. Unfortunately there is no paid vacations and low pay. But overall it's a good job.
Pros
Very interesting job and very convenient
Cons
Low pay, no paid vacations
Great product
Implementation Specialist (Former Employee) –  VirtualSeptember 14, 2017
Products and employee's are great. Clients are awesome. I learned how to be a great traveler. I worked from home due to the 70% of travel that was required, so can't speak to workplace culture. The hardest part was the excessive travel, the most enjoyable was meeting and exceeding client expectations.
Pros
Team activities
Cons
excessive travel required 70%
Easy
Lead Spanish Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CASeptember 10, 2017
Work at home can't ask for more! This company offers opportunities for people to work from home interpreting calls, they give you a schedule and pay hourly! Awesome company.
Pros
Work from home no commute
Cons
Pay
The salary doesn't compensate the workload
Interpreter (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRAugust 4, 2017
The calls are topically long and one after the other. You have to rapidly write down sufficient info so that you can interpret correctly. It is very stressful.
Suits well as a part time job
Customer Service Spanish Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Mayagüez, PRJuly 13, 2017
As a full time employee I felt over whelmed with the amount of calls back to back calls received daily. All calls where of the same kind. Little amount of training.
Pros
Salary, benefits
Cons
Not much advancement opportunities, Too many calls one after another
Fair
Arabic Interpreter (Current Employee) –  FloridaJuly 13, 2017
No promotions, low pay. Bad communications with managements.
Working from home is a plus. No paid vacation. No benefits. Nice dealing with different people every day. Feeling good helping non English speakers.
Interesting Job
Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAMay 14, 2017
Working as an interpreter over the phone was an interesting job that provided great insight into people's lives. Every day was presented with a new challenge and an opportunity to help different immigrants in need. It was a great job.
Interpreter (Former Employee) –  El Paso County, TXApril 25, 2017
Working at Language Line Services brought many benefits to my personal experience and in my career. It is a great company to work for. They are constantly helping you do better in your job through great management meetings. Working from home and the schedule was a little bit stressful for me.
Boring job ever!
Work from home Spanish Interpreter (Former Employee) –  FloridaApril 18, 2017
You have to submit to their work hours which change every two weeks. They offer health ins. And are strict. They monitor you all the time.............
Pros
They offer Health Insurance
Cons
You have to request overtime and they have to approve it before your shift ends.
basketball leaguing sometimes between employees
All calls interpreter (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAApril 12, 2017
A typical day was lots calls, I learned Medical, Legal, Finance and Insurance terminologies that I did not know when I first started interpreting. Management, was good but not the best, there was not much communication between supervisors and regular employees.
Workplace culture, we the employees were just like family, always looking out for each other when it came down to any unknown term, someone always came and stoop up to help each one.
Hardest part of the job was not knowing what was your next call about since we took calls from all industries and some of them were very challenging. The most enjoyable part of the job was that at the end of each call I felt that I helped someone to express their needs, specially during 911 or medical calls.
Pros
Ice cream, hot dogs or pizza days
Cons
Short breaks
Excessively High Work Load
All-Call Interpreter (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRFebruary 27, 2017
Once promoted to All-Call interpreter with a .50 cent salary increase the work load became impossible to bear. Paranoia inducing work environment.
Interesting
TELEPHONE INTERPRETER (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRJanuary 19, 2017
It is a great job if you depend in being at your house, very impersonal and no contact with the outside.

Poor communication with supervisors.

Gives you a great knowledge of how different companies work.
Pros
being at home
Cons
routine and no interaction
learn new things everyday
ALL Call Spanish Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 12, 2016
Language Line Solutions provides interpreting services to clients all over the world and from all walks of life, their very fast paced work environment and lack of management support and low pay, makes it hard for the interpreter to remain in their work force for long
Pros
ability to provide interpreter services all over the glove
Cons
short breaks, low pay, no feedback
This company is a joke
interpreter (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAOctober 27, 2016
Find yourself a better job and stay away from this industry.

When you first start with them, you feel excited about everything. And you would say "I feel good about helping people with my skill" (like many posts did). You're truly kind and naive.

But then you find you're not being helped by LanguageLine in return. Your pay stays miserable, you struggle for any vacation/day off, you need to pay high premium & deductible for their health insurance coverage, you can hardly afford to feed your family, and you receive a mug or key chain for Christmas/New year. This company is a joke.

Worst of all, when they feel the need to lower their charge to shut out competitors, they LAY EVERY ONE OFF (you can throw your framed awards and commendations out of the window now) and REHIRE new interpreters at lower pay. You still want to stay with them? Sure, you can re-apply and get re-hired easily and start all over again, albeit at LOWER PAY. This company is a sweathouse.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Worst company to work for
Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 24, 2016
Stay away from Languageline as far as possible. The worst ever company to work for. After you worked for them for years, they cut your wages by large scale just to fill their greed. Treat employees as Slaves. Languageline had received class action lawsuit for mistreating their employees. Their unlawful conducts definitely deserves another one.
Pros
None.
Cons
Treat employees as slaves, cut wages, received class action from previous employees for their misconducts.
Very interesting and learnfull
Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Ponce, PRJuly 18, 2016
I was a work at home interpreter and enjoyed every day I worked for them. I had a full tiome jobe with them, quality time with my family and enjoyed learning everyday more from different departments. Health, Dept Colectors and more.
Pros
Cons
Customer Service positive fee backs compansation
Horrible company to work for!
Spanish Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 23, 2016
They couldnt pay me a million dollars to go work for them ever again. they dont care about their employees. they dont give employee benefits of any kind and they want you to be their slave. I dont recommend this company to anyone starting in the interpreting world.
Pros
full time employment plus overtime
Cons
bad pay, no benefits
Vietnamese Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAJanuary 22, 2016
Performed as Vietnamese Interpreter over the phone.

In charge of all income calls transfered from operator and interpret between Client and Limited English Person. (LEP).
Confortable job environment.
Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Home addressSeptember 9, 2015
I interpret for different industries including medical, financial, insurance, court systems, Homeland Security, correction facilities, customer service and technical support.
Pros
Work from the house.
Cons
Not many incentives.
System change causing major problems.
Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 26, 2015
I enjoyed working here, but recently there has been a systerm change and I am not getting enough work for this job to be sustainable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Language Line Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8