LANGUAGE LINE Employee Reviews in United States

Good company
Customer Agent (Former Employee) –  Dominican rep.April 9, 2016
I loved the experience, it was great since I was doing what I really love, helping others, my duties consisted on transferring calls to designated interpreters,
I loved the job and the concept of helping people
over the phone interpreter (Current Employee) –  from homeMarch 30, 2016
I enjoyed working for the company and gave all my effort to make their clients happy with my service but the company never thought of the employees or how to make them happy and push them to do something they don't want to
Pros
it is the work I have always loved to do
Cons
very poor compensation and no value for the employees no matter what
great co workers, very friendly enviroment
Interpreter (Former Employee) –  150 Alto MesaMarch 22, 2016
receiving phone calls in call center enviroment and interpreting calls for spanish speaking customers. Great coworkers and good incharges that help the employees out to the best of their capabilities.
worse experience
Interpreter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 2, 2015
I've had worse experience with this company. The managment does not value linguists. You're just a number to them. You never get to speak to anyone in person.
Remote from Home.
Spanish Translator (Former Employee) –  Monterey, Ca.August 13, 2015
We worked a set shift with each team. It strengthen my Spanish speaking skills. Management was very supportive and gave regular feedback. There was very little contact with the coworkers. The position didn't have any real difficulties. I did enjoy speaking with different agencies and I got to learn many different things.
Pros
Speaking to different people.
Cons
Basically worked in a vacume.
Fun place to work.
spanish interpreter (Former Employee) –  DEJuly 23, 2015
Calls are all different, pretty much answering all calls anywhere from technical, some medical, legal, customer service, finance and 911 calls. Never a boring situation. Co-workers were fun to work with, always willing to help and very knowledgeable of terminologies. The hardest part of this job was lots of hours very little pay. The most enjoyable part of this job was learning terminology of all areas of life.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
lots of hours very little pay but then again thats working overseas
Llc
Portuguese/English/Portuguese Interpreter (Former Employee) –  HomeSeptember 29, 2014
Very interesting job where you have to be on the phone all day long translating back and forth to a foreigner and a English speaking representative/doctor/lawyer... We have to know all the different field terminologies (Medical/Financial/Legal, etc) while keeping a saint's patience towards the every day problems each goes through.
Sometimes is rewarding in the sense there are representatives that have empathy and customers that are grateful to have some help with their language communication.
LLC is very well known to have been lowering the pay of their interpreting crew. Calls are non-stop.
Pros
working from home
Cons
stress due to little space between calls.
Important part of my English skills development
Freelance Interpreter (Former Employee) –  SheffieldJanuary 15, 2014
Excellent experience which almost led to simultaneous interpreting. Unfortunately, my personality is not compatible with the role of official international interpreting. More suitable for local community purpose only.
Pros
quick gaining of english language development
Cons
treacherous and arrogant management
it is interesting working there
Peer support manager (Current Employee) –  Morton Grove ILNovember 5, 2013
You come to talk to many people there from all industries and all ranks. You learn a lot every day. You challenge yourself and others some times.
Pros
very secured work
Cons
not paid high enough
managment is poor /low pay
Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAOctober 12, 2013
they work you hard as if you are machine, but they only pay you 1/3 of what you deserve. A greedy company busying in earning money but not improving staff's benefits.
Great Place to Work and Learn about different Languages and Cultures from around the World.
Administrative Assistant----RTOT (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CASeptember 11, 2013
As a active member of both the Real Time Operations Team and the Interpreter Response Center, I perform combined duties and responsibilities which require a high degree of multitasking. From the TITAN Application Center, I simultaneously use application tools such as the Blue Pumpkin, the Interpreter Schedule, the Email Interpreter Schedule, the Interpreter Scheduling, the PTE Schedule Interface, the SIA Interpreter Contact and the PTE Master Schedule to effectively and efficiently--schedule hundreds of interpreters from around the world.

By using applications such as the Call Activity Report, the Comm. Room Monitor, the Coverage Report, and the ITL Interpreter Dialer, I respond to both call agents and interpreters, whether it is providing status on a specific language, or resetting break adjustments. I can also monitor the report tools to determine business needs and approve or deny overtime request.

The Worldwide Workforce Ticket Tracker easily allows me to create, edit, update status, add notes, respond to, and search for tickets. I use the Language Line Intranet (dashboard) to search for and to provide status which results in VOI documentation. In addition, I use the LAN Change application to change the LANS, and update the Daily Log Report. I assist interpreters with IMPACT 360 issues, and I use the CMS Supervisor application to monitor activity on most of the splits in either Normal or BC Mode.
I also respond to incoming calls on the OVI station and provide Video Interpreting Service. I document the results and input that into the OVI--TITAN station application. When
  more... required, I use the Interpreter Observation application to Set-Up the Trunk.

My work experience as a LLS call agent has assisted me in making a very smooth transition from one assignment to the next. I enjoy Real-Time Operations because that opportunity reveals my close attention to detail, my level of professionalism, even my attendance record which I take great pride in… The training that I received from RTOT is impeccable and second to none. I truely enjoyed working with Language Line Solutions management and co-workers.
Pros
great teamwork and friendships.
Cons
no job security.
Superior Language Resources
Certified Chinese Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAJune 13, 2013
With all the different language scenarios you encounter your language skills are finely developed.
Working on the phone on a daily basis
Language Line Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAJune 7, 2012
I would take calls from Phone companies, Hospitals, 911, Homeland Security, Doctors, Nurses, Lawyers, Jails, Utility Companies.... over the phone and interpret from English to Spanish and vice versa.
Pros
stay at home and work
Cons
long hours of sitting, on the phone 24/7
Good company to work with
spanish interpreter over the phone (Former Employee) –  Mayagüez, PRMay 17, 2012
It was a great job it made you feel good helping other people understand what was being said to them
Pros
working in your house
Cons
bad signal a lot of dropped calls
I used to work from home it was fun
Translation / Interpretation Consultant (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXApril 24, 2012
This is a great company to work for I used to work from home and it was fun the only problem is that the money was not enough for me
It is company without potential to grow in the accounting field
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Monterey, CAApril 4, 2012
Do not appreciate the value of a bilingual employee who recover 1.5 million dollars in back unused payroll severances from foreign countris
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no growing options available
Worst place to work
Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAJanuary 28, 2012
The worst place to work - employees have no respect or appreciation