LANGUAGE LINE

LANGUAGE LINE Employer Reviews

Important part of my English skills development
Freelance Interpreter (Former Employee), SheffieldJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: quick gaining of english language development
Cons: treacherous and arrogant management
Excellent experience which almost led to simultaneous interpreting. Unfortunately, my personality is not compatible with the role of official international interpreting. More suitable for local community purpose only.
it is interesting working there
Peer support manager (Current Employee), Morton Grove ILNovember 5, 2013
Pros: very secured work
Cons: not paid high enough
You come to talk to many people there from all industries and all ranks. You learn a lot every day. You challenge yourself and others some times.
managment is poor /low pay
Interpreter (Former Employee), Monterey, CAOctober 12, 2013
they work you hard as if you are machine, but they only pay you 1/3 of what you deserve. A greedy company busying in earning money but not improving staff's benefits.
Great Place to Work and Learn about different Languages and Cultures from around the World.
Administrative Assistant----RTOT (Former Employee), Monterey, CASeptember 11, 2013
Pros: great teamwork and friendships.
Cons: no job security.
As a active member of both the Real Time Operations Team and the Interpreter Response Center, I perform combined duties and responsibilities which require a high degree of multitasking. From the TITAN Application Center, I simultaneously use application tools such as the Blue Pumpkin, the Interpreter Schedule, the Email Interpreter Schedule, the Interpreter – more... Scheduling, the PTE Schedule Interface, the SIA Interpreter Contact and the PTE Master Schedule to effectively and efficiently--schedule hundreds of interpreters from around the world.

By using applications such as the Call Activity Report, the Comm. Room Monitor, the Coverage Report, and the ITL Interpreter Dialer, I respond to both call agents and interpreters, whether it is providing status on a specific language, or resetting break adjustments. I can also monitor the report tools to determine business needs and approve or deny overtime request.

The Worldwide Workforce Ticket Tracker easily allows me to create, edit, update status, add notes, respond to, and search for tickets. I use the Language Line Intranet (dashboard) to search for and to provide status which results in VOI documentation. In addition, I use the LAN Change application to change the LANS, and update the Daily Log Report. I assist interpreters with IMPACT 360 issues, and I use the CMS Supervisor application to monitor activity on most of the splits in either Normal or BC Mode.
I also respond to incoming calls on the OVI station and provide Video Interpreting Service. I document the results and input that into the OVI--TITAN station application. When required, I use the Interpreter Observation application to Set-Up the Trunk.

My work experience as a LLS call agent has assisted me in making a very smooth transition from one assignment to the next. I enjoy Real-Time Operations because that opportunity reveals my close attention to detail, my level of professionalism, even my attendance record which I take great pride in… The training that I received from RTOT is impeccable and second to none. I truely enjoyed working with Language Line Solutions management and co-workers. – less
Superior Language Resources
Certified Chinese Interpreter (Former Employee), Monterey, CAJune 13, 2013
With all the different language scenarios you encounter your language skills are finely developed.
Working on the phone on a daily basis
Language Line Interpreter (Former Employee), Monterey, CAJune 7, 2012
Pros: stay at home and work
Cons: long hours of sitting, on the phone 24/7
I would take calls from Phone companies, Hospitals, 911, Homeland Security, Doctors, Nurses, Lawyers, Jails, Utility Companies.... over the phone and interpret from English to Spanish and vice versa.
GOOD COMPANY TO WORK WITH
spanish interpreter over the phone (Former Employee), Mayagüez, PRMay 17, 2012
Pros: working in your house
Cons: bad signal a lot of dropped calls
IT WAS A GREAT JOB IT MADE YOU FEEL GOOD HELPING OTHER PEOPLE UNDERSTAND WHAT WAS BEING SAID TO THEM
I used to work from home it was fun
Translation / Interpretation Consultant (Former Employee), Allen, TXApril 24, 2012
This is a great company to work for I used to work from home and it was fun the only problem is that the money was not enough for me
It is company without potential to grow in the accounting field
Senior Accountant (Current Employee), Monterey, CAApril 4, 2012
Pros: good benefits
Cons: no growing options available
Do not appreciate the value of a bilingual employee who recover 1.5 million dollars in back unused payroll severances from foreign countris
Worst place to work
Interpreter (Former Employee), Monterey, CAJanuary 28, 2012
The worst place to work - employees have no respect or appreciation
when i was in Chelsea and Westminster hospital
Community Interpreter (Current Employee), medical environments across LondonSeptember 7, 2013
Pros: helping patients
Cons: extra mile
I had an assignment in Chelsea and Westminster hospital in Fulham, I was in the mental health department, where i supposed to interpret to a patient who suffer from depression.
The doctor advice for the patient was to keep busy and socially active.
However I suggested names of two associations that could help and have designed programmes for this purpose. – more... I also provided a name of employee who could be of extra help.
Both the doctor and the patient were very happy with my contribution and two weeks later I received an appreciation letter through the agency for the extra mile I walked . – less
evaluación
Interprete (Former Employee), Guadalupe, NLEAugust 8, 2012
Pros: trabajo en casa
Cons: antes de entrar tienes que comprar una línea y un headset
Es un muy buen trabajo, con mucha comodidad, ya que se trabaja desde casa.

About LANGUAGE LINE

Language Line Services offers the complete language solution. As well as being the largest Telephone Interpreting and Face-to-Face – Read more