LanguageLine Solutions Employee Reviews

Very anti employee or contractor oriented company
Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 14, 2017
Not enough support, clients are allowed to abuse interpreters without recourse. Interpreters are hung out to dry. Terrible pay, support. High turnover
Pros
Fun to use your talent in languages
Cons
Company is motivatedby greed and not by encouragment to interpreters
Lack of opportunity for advancement
Portuguese and Italian Interpreter (Current Employee) –  at home employmentApril 11, 2017
Interpreters have the same workload as a call center and the pay is not great.
There is no appreciation for the work of of the interpreter when considering compensation or the ability to have breaks in between long calls
Most tasks are simple to handle.
Telephone Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Saugus, MAApril 3, 2017
It's a fun job overall. Occasionally bumping into stressful situation or rude customers can make it harder than it is supposed to be. The company has great resource online for the employees.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Lack of advancements
Company has no respect for its interpreters, low pay
Over-the-phone interpreter (Current Employee) –  TexasMarch 26, 2017
Worked for this company for many years. Enjoy the work, but outraged at the way the interpreters are treated. The pay is minimal and inadequate compared to the skill level, workload, and expectations. No raises whatsoever, almost no benefits. The past year or so, they have been cutting pay-rates and reducing wages significantly, even for interpreters who worked for them for a long time. As if they are not making enough profits. The company doesn't care at all, take it or leave it attitude, all workers are treated as disposable machines. Totally unacceptable.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Low pay, low morale, no respect for your hard work
This company has variety of quality customers that I enjoyed to working with. But the management team is hard to reach, and very hard to be promoted.
Interpreter over the phone (Former Employee) –  Home BasedMarch 20, 2017
I would have all kinds of calls connected to my home line and start the conversation in different topics right away. Customer service is the key as far as accurately and promptly switch languages from Mandarin or Cantonese into English, and vise versa.
I learned the difference of cultures, industries and types of customers' personalities and how to make everything work smoothly as a team.
The management coaching or supervising is minimal compare to any other companies I have previously worked for. Which is good and bad. Management role is important to employee development, I wish I had more opportunities to communicate with my supervisor and learn from them.
Workplace culture is pretty open and self oriented although we have unpaid weekly conference calls with other coworker to discuss the challenges or share some experiences in interpreting; most of the time, we still have to figure things out on our own.
The hardest part of the job is it is a white collar job but we were being treated as blue collar. Calls after calls, very mentally draining with restricted breaking time. Some times work at weekend evenings could be long and boring.
Get to know variety of industries, their jargons, and a broad knowledge is gained through working with professional dr. nurses, lawyers, judges, policeman. Customer service skills is enhanced.
Pros
continue education
Cons
long hours, low pay
I work here
Customer Service Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Trujillo Alto, PRMarch 17, 2017
This company is the top #1 company on interpretation and translation services, and has given me the opportunity of developing new skills and opened a window of opportunities for reinventing myself and go back to college to polish my interpretation and translation skills.
Fast paced and able to help others
Interpreter and Translator (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MSMarch 15, 2017
Learned to develop my bilingual abilities and reach a new potential and use those abilities to help others communicate it was meaningful and I enjoyed it very much
continues work load
Independent contractor (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAMarch 7, 2017
Excellent considerations for workers by management.
The most enjoyable part of the job was to know my direct supervisor in person and to be able to receive constructive criticism.
Pros
Nice work load
Cons
working untilll very late
Freelance Conference Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Malden, MAMarch 2, 2017
Work from home. No review needed. There is nothing to write about the company.
Good company to work with. Great people, great culture.
Management is great
There is not hardest part of the job
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
It's fine
Project coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tualatin, ORFebruary 25, 2017
It is a good company for getting skills, there is lots of mobility and it is still in a growing phase where there are lots of positions to fill, which are being filled.
Poor Wages and No Advancement
Over-the-Phone Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 25, 2017
Calls keep coming in every 5-10 seconds with only $14. I've been placed as Level 3 interpreter for Chinese Mandarin and received medical certification last year. The company does not promote quality interpreter who worked hard to get certified.
Pros
Steady pay
Cons
Cannot no longer change schedule; lacking challenges; no advancement
Call center
Receptionisty\ (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAFebruary 23, 2017
typical day at work would be preparing my station an computer system so I could be ready for when an interpreter calls. Working at the call center I have learned how to answer the phones and how much somebody on the other side of the phone could tell if you really want to help them or not.
Very good company
Spanish Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Monterey, CAFebruary 12, 2017
Very good company, staff is friendly, good pay. They are growing and expanding. Hardest part is when call volume is low as a contractor.
Pros
good rates
Cons
income depends on work volume
Fun Workplace
Interpreter/Translator (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAJanuary 26, 2017
Fun place to work and earning money at the same time. Love the flexibility of the job so I can do multiple things at home. This job taught me a lot about customer services skills and practicing problem solving skills at the same time
No fun at work
Independent Contractor/ interpreter (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 24, 2017
it's good place to work for, however, the opportunity for an advancement isn't present and also it's very difficult to get an hold of the administration personal
Pros
flaxible schedule
Cons
no healthcare
Sweatshop
Interpreter (Russian language) (Former Employee) –  at homeJanuary 21, 2017
Inadequately low pay for highly intensive, exhausting work that requires exceptional language and customer service skills. Non-stop call volume with just a few seconds between calls.
Work from home.
Great company
Arabic Medical Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 19, 2017
Good pay - flexible schedule - extra hours - nice staff - the company

is growing fast - work out of home . every thing is done through the

PC.
Cons
You are only allowed to change your schedule one time a year.
Good place to improve your skill
OPI Arabic interpreter (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 12, 2017
Good place to improve your skill. learning new things every day, be familiar with office work. the best thing is you will be able to help others and learn costumer service skills.
Pros
Okay pay, and nice working place
Cons
Micro Managment
Good workplace
Russian Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Home BasedJanuary 12, 2017
Very stressful. Very demanding. Very challenging. Overall -- it was an interesting experience. Management was just great: I was given constructive criticism and helpful tips. The most enjoyable part of the job -- being a cultural broker for two different cultures.
Interacting with people
Admin Asst Testing and Certification Department (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAJanuary 9, 2017
Enjoyed interacting with customers and co-workers alike. The most difficult part was the challenges presented when the call volume increased. I liked how the team members all came together to resolve these issues in a timely and professional manner. I learned to build an on-time weekly tester schedule for over the phone language testing for all external clients.
Pros
Great People
Cons
No overtime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LanguageLine Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval