LanguageLine Solutions Employee Reviews

Just alright
Vietnamese Interpreter (Telecommute) (Current Employee) –  Monterey, CAJanuary 18, 2018
It's a decent short term or part-time job. Flexibility is nice when you have family to raise but terrible pay and benefits. No career advancement and there are no supporting staff if you really need anything. They will leave you alone as long as you just log in on time and do your job. No sense of belonging or team building and growth here.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Low pay, short break and poor staff support
full time job
Korean Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 11, 2018
worked 8 hours a day 5 days a week for several years.
Work itself was fine, but it was quite difficult to talk to the upper management about schedule change benefit, pay problems etc
Language Line Solutions don't appreciate loyalty and looks at Interpreters as numbers
INTERPRETER AND TRANSLATOR (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutJanuary 10, 2018
I worked at Language Line Solutions from 2009 to 2014. Has been acquired twice for defaulting on his loans commitments. The changes on Management from the CEO and senior executives, has made a Company of 10.000 + Interpreters so big that has impacted the Culture and the Interpreters.The lack of loyalty from Language Line to the Interpreters, the lack of engagement and to establish a relationship with its employees makes it difficult to feel included .
Modern day sweatshop
Linguist/Translator (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJanuary 10, 2018
Stay away from this exploitative and poorly run company.

The pay is poor and their profit-margin off the back of the linguist. ( Average industry pay is $45 per hour vs $15 paid by these leeches)

F2F (industry standard $40 -75 per hour vs the pittance these people pay)

There should be a law against this level of exploitative business practice.
Pros
Free Air ( for now)
Cons
Lack of Air
Bad experience
Medical Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAJanuary 3, 2018
I was trained there I learned a lot from interacting with all kinds of people everyday but basically I was on my own no contact whatsoever with management. No vacations not even on christmas or thanks giving very low pay outsourcing firing people out of the blue everyday without mentioning reasons no flexibility in work hours at all even though i worked from home.. eventually i had to leave
Stressfull, no vacation, no career advancement very low pay compare to industry standards
Interpreter (Former Employee) –  At homeJanuary 2, 2018
Much lower pay compare to industry standard. Low professional standard because the certified, experienced people left this company. Language line would just lower your rate as many time as needed throughout the year.
Excellent workplace
Spanish Interpreter (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 29, 2017
I really enjoyed working at language line solutions. It was an excellent work environment, and I enjoyed working there with my coworkers. I would want the opportunity to be able to work with Language Line Solutions again in the future.
hopeless company
Former member (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 28, 2017
1. To the companies that are looking for interpreting company, don't ever choose Languageline company, because this company deosn't care about their interpreters, therefore, they will not provide the best services to your clients.
2. To the people who are looking a interpreting job, go to different interpreting companies, don't ever work for them, you will be treated miserably
Pros
Cons
low pay, not a penny raise
Only you are desperate.
Over-the-phone interpreter (Current Employee) –  Working from homeDecember 23, 2017
Largely underpaid, management is a joke.

I work as a full-time over the phone interpreter, there's a 15 minute break in the morning and one in the afternoon, and half an hour for lunch. So basically you can go to the bathroom three time throughout eight hours. If you take your break more than 18 minutes, there will be phone calls and emails come in to remind you that you are not supposed to take three more minutes.

No benefits at all, no paid vacations. I worked on all holidays, Easter, 4th of July, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's, you name it. And you don't get paid more when work on holidays, it's still less than $15 an hour.

Working for them really should be your last option. Working from home is not really that much of an advantage, because you can't leave your desk since it's a landline and the calls come in one after another.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks, no benefits, no communications with anyone in the company, rude clients
Ok under some circumstances
Spanish Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Texas, FLDecember 11, 2017
I’ve met people who love working here. Many others don’t. If you really need to work from home and don’t care about benefits or advancement then it is ok. I personally felt I was a slave. If I work I’ll get paid, if I need some days off and/or got sick, I did not; It’s as simple as that.
Pros
Save on fuel, eating out
Cons
No benefits at all
Una experiencia invaluable
Medicar Specialized Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Home OfficeDecember 8, 2017
Poder cambiar de rubro y poder explorar mas a fondo mis capacidades como interprete, trabajar desde casa y organizar mis tiempos dentro de los lineamientos de la empresa. Incluso fui promovido antes de cumplir un añor en la empresa, lo cual no solo me satisface a nivel personal y profesional, sino que me permite ver disposicion de la empresa por reconocer esfuerzo y voluntades.
Pros
Sector privado, trabajo desde casa
Cons
Poco contacto con personal
Loved Working Here
Support Agent/Command Center (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CANovember 27, 2017
This is a great place to work for corporate employees. The culture here is great. Training is thorough, and help is available. WFM was run fairly and efficiently.
Pros
Great corporate staff, Holiday activities and themes.
Greed ... Greed ... Greed
Medical and Insurance Interpreter Contractor (Current Employee) –  Monterey, CANovember 15, 2017
The worst company that I have ever worked with. LLS merged with Pacific and now bought out by another French greedy company. They ripped the interpreters who are running the show.

Immagine Kentucky Derby show without horses. The company does not realize that without the interpreters the company will close its doors.
Pros
Working from home selecting your work hours.
Cons
No raise and no benefits what soever. After working 5years with them, they forced me to sign a new contract with 30% lower rate
Disorganized
Over-the-phone interpreter (Home based) (Former Employee) –  TexasNovember 10, 2017
It's obvious that management lacks of communication among them, they hardly know what you are talking about, they don't reply to your emails on a timely manner.
Pros
Home based
Cons
Not worth the stress with management for the pay
Great a at home work for part time
Interpreter English/Spanish (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 7, 2017
This is a good company to work for. Only down fall is the schedule once its set, it is difficult to get accommodations. Can be fast paced and there are slow times as well.
Pros
Staying at home
Cons
Schedule accommodations
Only as a last resort.
Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Work from homeNovember 4, 2017
The pay at this job for the amount of work you do is not balanced at all, you work from home but you are more stressed than if you were at an office.
They demand overtime and basically threaten your job security if you do not comply, they offer no extra pay but give you an incentive that is an insult to the employee.
Today I received a call to my house number and my cel phone after my child was sleeping, at 9pm on my day off asking me to log in, which resulted in waking up a sick kid. This after several emails notifying them I am unable to work after my shift ends.
Bogus/thieves.
Telephone Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 30, 2017
Horrible company.

Kept waiting for promotion/betterment.
Never happened.
No pay increase either.

Performance Bonuses stopped mentioning flimsy reasons.

The company tricked thousands of their employees from getting certain federal compensations.
Pros
Cons
Everything.
LanguageLine doesn't need an advertising tagline. It stands alone in this business.
Sr. Interpreter. and writer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 29, 2017
It's a company driven by new technologies in remote call procedure. Company faced expected portal glitches during its construction last two years but willingness to deal with it and keep me informed about remedial steps shows a modern temperament in line with uncertainty of implementing and deploying new technology despite failures. Kudos. Certain unfairness is part of being employer. But even that doesn't take away anything in what I said earlier..
Pros
It used to be a company with a face
Cons
Now it's binary digits. Familiar suddenly became a stranger.
No raise at all
Telephonic and Video Interpreter (Current Employee) –  RemoteOctober 25, 2017
I've been with LLS for 8 years. I have not had a single raise. The new system with the laptop is not convenient like in the past when we were using a landline. I stayed because it works better with my schedule and the demand of my kid's needs. I get to work from the convenient of my home.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
No raise
you are able to work from home
Spanish Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Ragsdale, TNOctober 23, 2017
You are able to work from home. The pay is not as good as it should be. However, you are able to grow as an employee.

Most of the contact you have with management is through the phone or by email.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LanguageLine Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9