Lansing Building Products Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
They dont care about their employees
Driver / Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO / Kansas City, Mo.August 23, 2017
The managers don't care about the employees and really not much more about their customers either. All they really care about is their own bonuses and doing what ever they need to get them even if it mean making the associates sacrifice their home life and families for their benefit.
Pros
Cons
everything about it
Get faster paced sometimes but it gets you ready for surprises
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Elgin, ILAugust 19, 2017
Honestly it's not as hard as people make it seem there's a job they give you and it has to get done simple as that. May get scream a few times if your mess up and order but the customers always right
Pros
Managers buy donuts every Thursday and provide with food if you forget yours
Cons
May have to come out your break to help out a bit
Poorly compensated and sloppily managed
Manager Operations (Former Employee) –  Beltsville, MDJuly 27, 2017
There were no efficiency standards, anyone who performed thir above expectations was "black balled":creating a non conducive team experience. I worked there for only 2 months, but quickly I found other employment.
Pros
No pursuit to perform since their were not any key elements or goals to obtain
Cons
Compendium
There is nothing good to report about this company
Inside Specialty Sales Management (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 17, 2017
Do not venture to the dark side. This is what the manager at the Orlando location used to describe accepting a job working here. If you like being lied to, verbal and mental abuse, and overall shady business practices then by all means apply for a job here.
Pros
Cons
terrible place to work
Good work environment
Branch Operations Manager & Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 10, 2017
Balanced day, good people to work with. Opportunities for advancement.
Chance for family time and work time, as well. Fair and balance work environment.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Short breaks
Good company for day to day activity, very high pace.
CDL Driver (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 23, 2017
Family oriented company that takes pride in providing excellent service to contractors in providing various building supplies. Operates on a Monday through Friday work schedule with weekends off.
Fun place to work
Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Woodlawn, MDMay 31, 2017
Fun place to work, nice environment, nice office staff, easy work if you dont make too many mistakes, out on the road you spend time alone to help clear your mind.
Pros
free luch from contractors
Cons
Establish , secure customer oriented national company
Inside Salesman (Current Employee) –  Lanham, MDMay 18, 2017
the company sets forth the example of service to not on;y its customers but employees as well. they are a detail oriented corporation that stops at nothing to fill the needs of others.
things could be better
CDL Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLApril 24, 2017
The day starts at 630.I pick my windows and or doors that are going out I prepare and package the products load my truck then I make my deliveries 80 percent of the time I load and unload the truck by myself products weigh upwards of 100 pounds and are bulky I was told this company hires its managers from within but I have been here for over three years and have seen 3 office managers come and go and 3 warehouse supervisors also come and go with no promotions from with in its always somebody new with no product knowledge or management skills we have to train our supervisors .
Pros
day shift monday thru friday no weekends paid holidays
Cons
no break room no seats no place to seat and eat your lunch
Stay away from Melbourne branch
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLApril 21, 2017
Typical day started at 6am, cycle counts, getting trucks loaded. You quickly learn that mgmt in Melbourne is worthless. Manager only concerned about himself, blames Warehouse mngr for everything, expects 50+ hours per week. Fair warning to stay away from MLB branch.
Pros
Cons
Many
Dream Job
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 8, 2017
40 hour workweek, very organized and clean work area. Interaction with customer base was very enjoyable. Management team very capable. Most enjoyable part of the job was working with people who were in the business of giving the Customer the best possible service available,
Very Busy
Driver (Former Employee) –  FloridaDecember 29, 2016
Very busy place to work for. This makes the day go by quickly. However, I was disappointment because I was promised a promotion that I did not receive.
To much koolaid
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New JerseyDecember 7, 2016
Hands down this place is a cult. If you fit the mould and you conform to the culture then you may be right at home with a long term opportunity. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit then you will fail. As a seasoned sales professional I found the pep rallies and sales meetings to be droll,superficial and transparent . I personally require something more serious . The micro management was so intense it's actually a thing of beauty .They watch every move locally and from their command center in Virginia. I would not be surprised if they ask the employees to start wearing helmet cams, This coupled to extreme performance demands and cringeworthy sales tactics i realized within a month that both sides had made a horrible hiring decision. This is my experience so please just do your homework and make up your own mind.
Pros
Intro to the corporate machine for recent grads
Cons
High turnover
Fun environment for the right person
Warehouse Mgr (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILNovember 30, 2016
Excellent top management that embodies mission statement. Family orientated and for the right person could be the right job. Promotion from within possible, however building supply industry has a lot of sideways movers.
Family owned Siding Distributor
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesNovember 29, 2016
Family owned siding distributor specializing in exterior building products. On most days, you begin and end your day in the branch, handling management or customer service issues and preparing for the next day.
Large company to work for; took top senior employees on 2 anniversary cruises
Branch Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLOctober 12, 2016
Dedicated employee for 22 years.
Took top senior employees on 2 anniversary cruises that my spouse and I attended.
Used to have company picnics years ago.
Stay away from Melbourne,FL branch
Management (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJuly 19, 2016
Worst branch ever to work at. Don't believe the "typical day starts at 7:30am" part either. More like starts at 5am !! Totally understaffed, branch mgmt has severe lack of communication issues, blames failures on lower employees but takes credit for evrything good that happens. Compensation is a JOKE & don't believe what they tell you your making, it will be undercut by thousands.

Don't know about other branches, I've heard they are better, but STAY AWAY from Melbourne, FL at all costs. Like I stated...WORST BRANCH EVER to work at.
Pros
Cons
Multiple
great customers and co workers
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Grove, UTJune 8, 2016
first thing I would do is make some coffee for the customer's
then start the Cycle count.
I learned TREND which is there Program for Inventory
My Fellow co-workers were awesome
My Favorite Part of the job was the customers that came in daily
Pros
free lunches and free apparel
Cons
always short handed
Operations Manager
Branch Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Earth City, MOMay 11, 2016
Managing a 5 person crew for large building supply company.
Handling one of the largest builders in the US, all window take-offs and bids.
Great job, decent pay, not secure enough,
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INApril 7, 2016
Start the morning with cycle counts for inventory management. Take customers orders as they arrive and locate and load said material. Make sure all deliveries where pulled the night before, dictate which warehouse employees are assigned. The hardest part of the job was being under staffed the majority of the time.The most enjoyable part of the job was being busy and interacting with customers and vendors.
Pros
The branch manager
Cons
Short handed often

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lansing Building Products. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6