Lansing Community College Employee Reviews

Adjunct Faculty Member
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMarch 16, 2017
Loved teaching at LCC. Great students and it was fulfilling to share practical real world experience. Not always easy to keep updated on department news because I didn't always teach on campus.
Average opportunity
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMarch 10, 2017
Poor management and advancement opportunities. When you ask for help, you are given any until it is to late. Then, when there is an issue, you are solely to blame as a part time employee. Management does not provide additional opportunities to grow.
Pros
Co-workers and student interaction
Cons
Pay, management & advancememt opportunities
Fun Workplace
Information Security Intern (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIMarch 7, 2017
Work consist of daily task activity. Gained experience on information security tools, protocols, concept, policy, etc. My supervisor and co-worker are really great to be work with. The hardest part of this job is not knowing when the network system will get attack.
Pros
Going to launch at your own time.
Cons
Internship Job only get minimum wage.
Recruitment/Outreach (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIFebruary 10, 2017
Lansing Community College was an excellent place to work and make friends. During my time there I gave tours of the campus to new students and helped them sign up for classes.
Pros
Meeting new incomming students daily.
Cons
Low wages.
Great workplace
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIJanuary 2, 2017
The co-workers are nice and good people to be around. My co-workers are my second family. If you need help or even have a question about something, they don't hesitate to answer anyone's questions.
A normal day at the office
Student Employee/Office Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MINovember 28, 2016
A typical day at work for me would include getting to the office in time to open. Once I open and get the office ready fr everyone, I check the phone, turn on my computer and sign in. Once signed in, I do everything that is required for the day, call students, schedule appointments, or respond to any other pending matters and emails. Once everyone arrives at the office, it's my job to make sure they have everything they need and to make things easier at the office. I have learned a lot about customer service and how to react during situations. My co-workers are the best, usually we work very well together because our communication is good. The hardest part of the job is juggling 10 different tasks at a time, but it keeps it interesting. I'd rather be busy, it makes time go by faster. the most enjoyable part of my job is being able to interact with people. I like being able to establish relationships within the college, and with the students.
Pros
Free Food, flexible schedule
Cons
no Heathcare, no insurance
Productive, always a task to do, great coworkers
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIJune 27, 2016
A typical day is preparing before opening, preparing a catering, or setting up an event. I pick up multiple challenges to become a well rounded employee.
Pros
50%off meals, work around school
Cons
Must take classes, Not enough money to save
Great
Student Staff (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIJune 9, 2016
Great fun job that is very convenient. Some days would be overloaded with work while other days are dull so it balanced out. Overall great entry-level job.
Pros
good pay and job advancement
Cons
customers were rude and lower level managers could've been better
Easy
Student Aide (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 24, 2016
I only worked for LCC for a little more than a year until I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. I answered phones, collected mail, and answered quests questions.
Pros
I loved my coworkers
Cons
the manager was pretty scary acting.
Adjunct Associate Professor (Current Employee) –  East Lansing, MIMay 24, 2016
Environment is nice, you learn a lot, very flexible schedule, great work/life balance, compensation is o.k., only paid for time there, no instructor prep time. Getting students motivated is difficult, but always meeting new students and different dynamics of students is very rewarding each semester.
Productive and fun
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIApril 17, 2016
Managed license fees of software sales to faculty. Developed Excel Control Spreadsheets, which tracked the inventory of the faculty. Worked efficiently in maintaining a superior customer satisfaction relationship.
Fun Place To Work
Student Computer Technician (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIApril 7, 2016
Working at Lansing Community College is very fun. If you are a student employee, they go around your school schedule so you can work and have time to do all of your homework as needed. Everyone employed there is alot of fun and very nice.
Lcc
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIFebruary 27, 2016
Overall a great place to work. This place gives you free resources, and has the best support staff. If running behind, send your information to the support staff and before you get to work, it will be printed and waiting.
Pros
Support staff is awesome
Cons
No full-time openings
Enjoyed my coworkers.
Clinical Nursing Instructor (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJanuary 24, 2016
No job security. The training was lacking. Management does not communicate well.Working with the students was a positive.
Lansing Community College
Web Designer (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIDecember 19, 2015
Very nice campus. Informational and laid back. A quality education. A quality college experience. Very friendly staff, professors and instructors, and affordable also.
Front desk postion for certain students
TRIO STUDENT SUPPORT SERVICES (Former Employee) –  lansing,miOctober 19, 2015
The Trio program is a very important program for college students who come from low-income homes, first generation students, and or students with disabilities. My job entailed trying to recruit students into the Trio program and actively maintaining and upgrading files for students who are in the program. The front desk is where students in the program sign in to use the services. Many computer programs were used daily. Word, access, and outlook. Data entry is done daily. Management was very helpful and understanding of college student workers. I spoke at school conferences about the Trio program. Also became a member of the Trio program
Pros
work study so i can get homework done at work
Cons
not paid much
Very Educational, Productive and Fun workplace
Student Staff (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIOctober 5, 2015
It is very fun to work at LCC as a student employee, there were many things that i learned and many new friends that i made. very supportive managements.
Great Work Place
Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MISeptember 23, 2015
I would highly recommend working for the college. My experience was great. The staff members are wonderful and the student employees are impeccable.
A good starter desk job
Support Staff, Center for Data Science (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MISeptember 3, 2015
I work varying hours, since I hold a second job in the evenings. I typically come in to my office, check my email, then rummage through old college reports, seeing what I can recycle. Now that we've moved to a digital survey format, I no longer handle the paper IDEA forms, which required a lot of pre-planning, ordering, and coordination. I'm currently taking the initiative to learn SQL, which is the basis for our Argos information database. The hardest part of my job, currently, is keeping busy; however, I have a lot of freetime in which to learn the database and figure out how things work.
Pros
flexible work schedule, low-stress, personal office
Cons
highly bureaucratic, no chance of advancement
What I learned
Admissions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lansing,MIAugust 29, 2015
I learned how to manage myself, work efficiently, take initiative and enter data, communicate with customers. The workplace was fun and everyone worked as a team, I gained a lot of awesome relationships from this job.
Pros
Great place to gain professional knowledge
Cons
Not a lot of room to grow or climb the latter

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lansing Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3