Lansing Community College

Lansing Community College Employee Reviews

Great supervisors great opportunities
Academic Student Advisor (Former Employee), Lansing, MIJune 5, 2015
Pros: Some lunches may be provided and delivered, Pulled aside to give positive feedback and areas to work on, schedule flexibility, positive attitudes by everyone.
Cons: impatient students wanting
I would traditional be the "opener" making sure we had plenty of curriculum guides and work forms printed out for students and staff. I had a great comfort level with other workers and would ensure coffee was made right and ready for the fellow advisors. I learned that students just want want the best assistance and respect among every one in the workplace. It can be very stressful at time for the students when dealing with correct courses, financial aid, etc. When dealing with these students, as i was a student as well, i knew where they were trying to go/had been and did my at most best to ensure they received the best service as i would want as a student walking through those doors. Management was great, fun loving, and dedicated to their duties as an adviser as well as a mentor. My co-workers were always professional and dedicated to their work. The hardest part about my job is that there were no hard parts for as long as you treated every student the same equally. I really enjoyed being able to sit down with other students in my same situation and being able to help them quick, fast and efficiently without even having to schedule an appointment which may be set out for a few days for particular advisors.
it is & or was a part time job
Instructor (Current Employee), Lansing, MIMay 26, 2015
Pros: part time
Cons: part time at will
training auto tech for the real word
in brake hyd diag pulasion brake pulls how to set brake lathes
alignment tech the angals
Excellent first job
Student Employee (Former Employee), Lansing, MIMay 19, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours, excellent co-workers, good for students
This was my first job and I couldn't have asked for a better place to start out. Campus employment is perfect for students who do not have much or any work experience.
The cafeteria I worked in no longer exists, but while I worked there I actually enjoyed my work. It helped that every employee at my level was also a student, so as co-workers we had common ground to build a rapport on.
Because it was a student employee job, my hours were consistent and flexible, as they should be for a student who needs a good time structure to balance schoolwork and employment.
Overall Rewiew
Office Assistant (Current Employee), Lansing, MIApril 28, 2015
I enjoyed being an employee at Lansing Community College. I have enjoyed working with the people. The flexibility part about the job is very convenient with work and school it was nice to be able to walk to my job without leaving the campus.
Productive work place and learning enviorment
Student Employee (Current Employee), Lansing, MICHIGANMarch 26, 2015
I enjoy my current job because I enjoy helping people. No day is the same so I have to adjust regularly. I learn something new everyday with this job. I have nice coworkers and a excellent boss.
Nice - very nice
Tutor (Former Employee), Lansing, MIMarch 25, 2015
Pros: All the experience of a regular teachers day to day responsibilities.
Cons: None
I loved this job. I went right into the classroom and worked with all the students. I got hands on experience correcting and grading work and was encouraged to take-on all the normal day to day tasks of a school teacher. The only reason I left this job was because I relocated to attend a major university.
Teaching is a calling, not just a job!
Classroom Instructor/Academic Advisor (Former Employee), Lansing, MIMarch 22, 2015
Unfortunately, too many mid-level college administrators seem not to know this and often make decisions that made the job harder than it needed to be!
flexible with your school schedule
Custodial Technician (Former Employee), Lansing, MIFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: easy job
Cons: no room for advancement, but good for those starting out.
It was a laid back place to work at. my boss was easy on my schedule, I liked him. it was a student position so I was only required to work 20 hrs a week.
In a state of flux
Director of Instruction (Current Employee), Lansing, MIDecember 9, 2014
Many good people work at LCC to assist students in meeting their goals.
I really enjoyed working here
Adjunct Professor/Business Department (Former Employee), Lansing, MISeptember 12, 2014
Great school, but my department was eliminated. I really helped to build up the program and worked with some great people.
Great college and place to enhance clerical skills
Clerical Student Staff (Former Employee), Lansing, MISeptember 3, 2014
A typical day at LCC consisted of ordering office supplies, scheduling appointments, answering phones, sorting mail, sending faxes, and making copies.

I learned basic clerical skills and how to work independently.

The hardest part of the job was trying to fix the copy machine when it got jammed. The most enjoyable part of the job was being in a quiet office setting where I could work independently.
Excellent work environment, supportive leadership
Articulation Intern- K-12 Relations (Current Employee), Lansing, MIJune 25, 2014
Wonder place to work, doing ground-breaking works that assist kids on a need basis help pay for college. Multiple programs, lots of personal growth both as a leader and team member.
Purchasing Student Aid/Clerk
Purchasing Assistant, office assistant (Former Employee), Lansing, MIApril 8, 2014
Pros: free holiday lunches, and great hours.
Office duties including cleaning, computer skills, vendors and customers.
Assisted the Director of purchasing in research and meeting agenda.
Advanced in computer skills such as spreadsheet, Microsoft, and Dreamweaver.
Staff
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Lansing, MIApril 8, 2014
Pros: office parties
Cons: working lunches
Resources were plentiful. IF you need help fellow staff members were more than willing to aid. I love the environment and the team work by management to get things accomplished.
Access Services
Access Services & Technical Guide (Current Employee), LibraryMarch 11, 2014
Great management, repetitive schedules, flexible hours, and great working environment
I am glad I studied at this College
NURSE AIDE STUDENT (Former Employee), Lansing, MIFebruary 22, 2014
The instructors are helpful and willing to work one on one with the students. The classes are fast paced and help get people out into the work force quickly.
Very ptoductive
-Case Manager/Part-Time Faculty (Former Employee), Lansing,miFebruary 16, 2014
Great educational learning experience and able to help others in a meaningful way.
Pretentious at best
Instructor - Adjunct (Former Employee), Lansing, MINovember 22, 2013
Pros: the ability to leave at the end of the day, if someone remembered to unshackle you from the wall first.
Cons: everything
HR very rarely has their act together, so be prepared not to be paid at first (took a good two months before payment was received for services, and that was after taking legal action). Want to move up through the ranks? Think again. Most of the inner-office politics leans more to the rear-end kissing of the higher ups. Want to go above and beyond your call of duty? Don't. You'll be ripped apart at the seams in front of your peers. The deans (or as we called them, the "Pretentious Few") will overlook you on a common basis. Want to make a few people smile? Think again. Laughter is forbidden in the work place. For the pay, you're better off selling a kidney. Or your first born child. Or you could always make a pact with some diabolical force from the depths of hades. Either way, you're doing the same thing, should you step foot in this atrocious organization. My advise? Run. Run as far away as possible, lock the door behind you, and wave good bye to any sense of humanity or the human experience should you step inside the doors.
Not a bad place to work.
Welcome Center (Former Employee), Lansing, MINovember 17, 2013
Pros: 4 credits per semester paid for and great people to work with.
Cons: registration periods, very little communication between departments, and parking is impossible to find most days.
Good place to work, especially if you're a student. Registration season is crazy and stressful for any job at LCC, so be prepared for huge lines and no time off during this time. Decent management and some advancement (mostly from student employee to part-time employee). LCC rarely offers full time employment and part time employment is at least 30 hours a week.
First job, great expierences.
Campus Dining Student Employee- Cleaning, Food (Former Employee), Lansing, MIOctober 10, 2013
Pros: coworkers, bosses, discounts, schedules
Cons: running out of things we needed
I had more than one task with this job. I prepped food, cleaned, worked cash register, worked the coffee stand making different espresso drinks. I enjoyed the job, managers and coworkers. The pay was great, discounts were handy and I felt comfortable in the work place