Lansing Community College Employee Reviews

Part time support staff
Support Staff/ Student Employee (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIOctober 1, 2017
For a part time student position, it was an excellent place to work. The department I worked in was not too stressful, yet busy. Hours were flexible around classes.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
only part time
Not a well oiled machine
Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MISeptember 30, 2017
The department that I work for at LCC has no options for advancement. The management is very cut-throat and political and personal views are openly expressed by management. Workforce retaliation is prevalent.
Pros
compenstation is good
Cons
Extremely POOR management, No chance for advancement, Management Not professional
A great place to help others make their dreams come true
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIAugust 18, 2017
A typical day involved meeting with students to explore curriculum for their major, available financial aid, and eligibility. The management was wonderful with a positive, uplifting attitude that encouraged staff to grow. We went out to lunches together and included everyone on staff. The hardest part of the job was sometimes getting everything done. The most enjoyable part of the job was having students stop by and let you know how they were doing and what your help had meant to them.
Pros
Staff lunches
Cons
lack of health insurance
Great place
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIAugust 9, 2017
Great place to work and learn. Great salaries and benefits for faculty and staff. Lots of useful majors to choose from and classes to teach.
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Main campusAugust 8, 2017
Being an adjunct do not have much opportunity to be involved in the process of its management.
Diversity of students helps to learn about variety of cultures.
Productive and good place to work.
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIJune 27, 2017
Work with students daily. Provide academic counseling and guidance regarding completion and transfer to the university. Students are the most enjoyable part of job. Workplace culture needs to change. Staff have been here since they were students. Diversity needed.
Benefits
Cons
No Professional Development
Great Staff
BLS Instructor (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIJune 12, 2017
I enjoy teaching BLS with LCC - very much enjoyed being a student and nursing student. The instructors very much cared about my success! They are always prepared well for student CPR courses.
Pros
Always up to date with latest information
Cons
Great place to work with amazing people.
Supplemental Instructor of Accounting (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIJune 6, 2017
I have worked at LCC for 1.5 years as a tutor. It is a great place to work if you enjoy helping others and working with people. My position as a Supplemental Instructor is to work alongside faculty and working with students to help them succeed in the classroom. I also meet regularly with my fellow co-workers (tutors and other supplemental instructors) for workshops where we share ideas and tips on how to become better at our craft. Everyone is very friendly, supportive and helpful. I would recommend working here if education is something you are interested in pursuing.
Students are given excellent education
Staff (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIJune 4, 2017
Overall I have liked my time at the college. However as the years went by I noticed a shift in the attitude of management. It became an Us vs Them mentality. Its a take it or leave environment now. You aren't treated like a person but a position.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Us vs Them Environment
Great Experience
Materials Manager (Current Employee) –  411 N Grand Ave Lansing MiJune 1, 2017
I enjoy my time at Lansing Community College and I also get along very well with my co-workers. I have meet an uncountable amount of people and created relationships that should last for quite some time.
Pros
Working where I attend school
Cons
Pay
Wonderful experience
Financial Aid Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Financial AidMay 30, 2017
I learned so much from LCC. I got to schedule when I came into work because I was also a student and that was what came first. Management was were upbeat and positive. We also had occasional potlucks for the staff.
Pros
Positive Enviornment
Cons
short breaks
Good place to look
Member of Dean's list (Current Employee) –  MichiganMay 19, 2017
Good place to look for jobs in your area, easy to upload resume, and find something that works for you and your needs. Would come back and recommend to others
Love my school!!
Student (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 13, 2017
Is a great stepping stone to get on the right career path and to advance to a four year University. I take online which is flexible with my schedule for work.
Nice place to work
Student Staff - Academic & Career Pathways (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIMarch 29, 2017
This place is very relaxed and easy, you only make minimum wage but they work with your class schedule which is extremely nice. I would highly recommend it for anyone who doesn't mind the somewhat low money
Pros
Works with your class schedule, easy
Cons
Only 25 hours/week, minimum wage or maybe a little higher
A great place to work
Spanish Instructor (Current Employee) –  onlineMarch 28, 2017
At Lansing Community College, I've had the good fortune of working with supportive colleagues, great administrators and helpful staff. They have innovative virtual learning platforms for students and faculty alike.
Student employee
Student Employee (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMarch 22, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of filling orders for all the medical classes at Lansing Community College. They were flexible with you and knew each employee was a student and allowed you to be dismissed for classes and study time. Which was very important to me.
Adjunct Faculty Member
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMarch 16, 2017
Loved teaching at LCC. Great students and it was fulfilling to share practical real world experience. Not always easy to keep updated on department news because I didn't always teach on campus.
Fun Workplace
Information Security Intern (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIMarch 7, 2017
Work consist of daily task activity. Gained experience on information security tools, protocols, concept, policy, etc. My supervisor and co-worker are really great to be work with. The hardest part of this job is not knowing when the network system will get attack.
Pros
Going to launch at your own time.
Cons
Internship Job only get minimum wage.
Recruitment/Outreach (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIFebruary 10, 2017
Lansing Community College was an excellent place to work and make friends. During my time there I gave tours of the campus to new students and helped them sign up for classes.
Pros
Meeting new incomming students daily.
Cons
Low wages.
Great workplace
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIJanuary 2, 2017
The co-workers are nice and good people to be around. My co-workers are my second family. If you need help or even have a question about something, they don't hesitate to answer anyone's questions.