Lansing Lugnuts Employee Reviews

Relaxed environment
BOX OFFICE ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 3, 2017
I worked in the box office and was in charge of printing off group tickets, as well as selling single game tickets through the window and phones. Relaxed environment but also can be hectic on game days.
Pros
Free dinners
Cons
Weird Hours
great summer job
CONCESSIONS RUNNER (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 1, 2016
Fun to work and talk to customers and hear about them and great to sit and watch the game. Fun summer job for anyone getting their first job. Only problem is shifts are short and there aren't a lot of games when you just start.
Pros
tons of fun
Cons
not a lot of shifts
great place to work
Granger Ranger (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MISeptember 14, 2015
Helped maintain building and grounds. Hardest part was a fellow coworker. Most enjoyable part was being able to watch the games.
Pros
being able to watch the games.
Cons
working with a fellow coworker
Interesting
Volunteer Work and Services (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJune 12, 2015
The hardest part of the job is dealing with customers that weren't kind. I learned that when dealing with fellow employees that communication is key and to listen and be patient with everyone.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
No Breaks, Rush Times
You get to watch baseball every day, what's not to love?
Entertainment Intern (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 27, 2015
As an intern at the Lansing Lugnuts, you work HARD. You get to learn each aspect of the management side of a minor league baseball team, as well as hands on work such as on field promotions and fan integration. Even though the days are long, the pay isn't great as an intern, you get to watch baseball every day and spend it with the people you grow to love.
Pros
free food, free baseball, build great relationships, Fun
Cons
long days, little pay
working with fans
clean team (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIOctober 24, 2014
worked and made fans glad to come to the games. big lug soak me stoel my hat. fans loved my singing. great place to just have fun
very fun and enjoyable work enviroment.
Cook/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIAugust 18, 2014
I love working for the Lansing Lugnuts. The staff here is like family, very caring about you in and out of work. management is excellent.
Pros
cash bonuses
Cons
no breaks
Lansing Lugnuts
Customer service/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJanuary 27, 2014
I really liked working for the Lansing Lugnuts, it was a great fit for my schedule. The atmosphere was perfect, your mind could breathe and soak up the excitement, especially on "Thirsty Thursdays."

A typical day began with stocking and securing the supplies, then cleaning all the restrooms and suites; before the stadium opened for business.

Management was also great, it enhanced my job experience. I trained the new comers, along with developing a method that kept us insync to help move the tasks more quickly, but with efficiency.

There were no hard parts, (my opinion) but you might say that keeping the smokers on the outside of the stadium could be a little challenging.

All in all, the atmosphere will definitely give you energy, there is just something about being in a ballpark that rejuvenates your spirit.
Pros
The free meals and drinks for the staff
Cons
The job was only seasonal and the pay was not the best, but it served me well for what I needed while going to school.
Fun place to work
Hawker (Salesman) (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJuly 23, 2013
Everyone is there to have a good time and work hard. Management and coworkers are easy to get a long with.
What I learned
Cash Manager (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MINovember 3, 2012
Working at Lansing Lugnuts was great! I was one of the cash managers for the summer 2011. I was responsible for intake of cash flow for the concession department. I helped monitor cash tills and did cash exchange and cash drops. It was nice to be able to see the game while working. I made a lot of friends. The hardest part about the job was the heat, but that comes with the time of year.
Intern
Marketing/Entertainment Internship (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MISeptember 14, 2012
Rotated through various departments learning the inner workings of a professional sports team.
Fun and
Suite Runner (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MISeptember 10, 2012
Lots of interaction with patrons and other employees, great coworkers, hardly seems like work at all.
Pros
very flexible.
Cons
fast, hectic work days, inconsistent.
Fun place to work
Ticket Taker (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJune 8, 2012
I was in charge of not only taking tickets but also marking customers with a stamp as they exited the park so they may return. I also provided gate security assisted The Animal Magic performer on kids day (sundays)
Pros
free hotdog or pretzel, fun
Cons
na
Exciting and wonderful place to work, The fans are so much fun.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Lansing MIFebruary 3, 2012
My overall review about this comapany is very good, I really enjoyed working there. I hada wonderful boss, and wonderful coworkers. the best part about working there was the customer service., helping people in need or just hungry fans it was always fun.
Pros
food, working with my coworkers, getting to watch the baseball game.
Cons
short breaks, no health insurance, not enough pay for the amount of work being done.