Lantech Employee Reviews in United States

Amazing Work Environment
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 19, 2016
Lantech has great wages and benefits. The leadership treats everyone like family. Most of the people that don't like the company have poor attendance and do terrible work. The Human Resources department is easy to talk to and genuinely care about employees.

Treatment is fair and people are held accountable when they aren't meeting standards. I would recommend this place to anyone that is looking for a career!
Pros
4 day work week
Cons
Nonw
great schedule
IMS Inventory Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 23, 2016
the four day work week is a major perk, being off on friday makes it so much easier to run errands, so that i can spend the weekend enjoying my family.
Doesn't have good management, very hard to get promotions because of favortism.
Material Floater (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 16, 2012
A typical day at work is easy. What I have learned from this job is data entry and the Wizard Program. I've improved my inventory and organizational skills. The management at this company isn't very good. There is a lot of favortism. My co-workers are fine. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the favortism. The most enjoyable part of the job is we have a four day, 10 hour workshifts.
Pros
4 day/ 10 hour workshift and the benefits
Cons
favortism with management, hard to get promotions and pay raises
Productive, fun working atmosphere
Administrative Assistant/Telemarketing (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 4, 2013
This was my first experience at working for a large corporation and I loved it. Organization and policies were implemented so there's not a guessing game of what you can and cannot due and everyone has the same set of rules. Worked a lot on Excel spreadsheets which was very helpful.
Pros
positive working atmosphere, pay
Cons
short-term job
No comment
Team Leader Electrical Enclosure Shop (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 12, 2013
Perform morning environmental walk around, assess and maintain current condition. Hold meeting with personnel and discuss daily tasks, roles and responsibilities as well as special activities, quality review from previous work and pep talk morale booster.

I have learned that in order for quality to be built in the process, there should be a quality check at the first step in the process before small issues snowball when documentation and issues roll down hill.

No room for advancement. No motivation to perform exceptionally due to a negative yearly review process.

I have been put into a leadership position, with no training or leadership and I have no authority. Everything has been trial by fire, wing it or figure it out. This company pays 12% less annually than the regional average

I like 3&4 day work weeks 10-12 hour days
Lantech is stable, but managed poorly
Assembly II Associate (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 30, 2013
I think there's something wrong with a company when the Human resources manager is related to more employees in the plant than anyone else. Otherwise if you can get over the lack of advancement opportunities it is a stable paycheck.
Terrible job,
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 27, 2014
This job is awful. The pay is terrible for what you have to do. Management is all one big happy family and will not accept you or advance you in any way. The hours are long, the people are unfriendly. Don't step one toe out of line in their production line because there are about 5 people who will rat you out, even if it's for going to the bathroom. Especially the team leader for that line. He will run to management every chance he gets. The work is very dull. It's like standing in front of a sink for 10 hours and washing the same dishes over and over and over. Another funny thing is that if you smoke, chew or use an e cig, you have to walk clear off the whole facility in order to do so. Which takes up half of your breaks in itself. If you are thinking of applying for this company, do yourself a favor, and apply somewhere else. This company is a joke and it's a shame it's owners are so prosperous for paying honest working people such low pay when they can more than afford to pay everyone at least 3 more dollars hourly and still be filthy rich and afford their yachts and ferraris. Don't apply. SAVE YOURSELF!!!!
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Needs Management Revamping
Run Out Tech II (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 22, 2013
Poor management. All of management needs revamping and adjusted. A work place shouldn't be managed solely by who's related to who.
Pros
hours
A great place to work
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 4, 2012
Solved daily problems that occurred on the factory floor
Design custom parts for customers
welder
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 3, 2014
never promote their black employees. their stuck in their old ways