LANTEK COMPUTER SERVICES Employee Reviews

Good company to start with
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Carnegie, PAJuly 22, 2013
Lantek Computer Services is a good company to start with in the IT field. They are a contract company with ties to some great local companies where full time job placement is possible. Personnel at Lantek are very helpful and knowledgeable in the field. Not the best healthcare package, but it is better than nothing.
Pros
flexability
Cons
healthcare
Good agency, hard to get into
Dick's Sporing Goods - IT Service Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Coraopolis, PAMarch 4, 2014
Lantek is one of the better IT staffing agencies around. However they are very hard to get into, and one of their main functions seems to be funneling PTI grads into contract to hire positions.
Pros
full benefits, vacation, sick days
Cons
once the contract is up they make no effort to find you another
Very lackluster
IT Support Consultant (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVMarch 5, 2016
I was employed by Lantek to work as an IT consultant at a location in Morgantown, WV. As far as I am aware the contract between Lantek and the client company has been severed.

From the get-go I felt that Lantek wasn't going to be the best employer in the world. The gentleman who was in charge of the contract between Lantek and the location I worked for was incredibly pushy, demanding, and unprofessional. When I had an in-person interview with him we met in a chain cafe/restaurant business in Morgantown that is frequented by WVU students. The entire time I spent in this "interview," it seemed the guy was vastly more interested in checking out the females that were in the cafe alongside us. He had a very bad case of wandering eyes. He was incredibly pushy in regards to the job offer I was being presented, and alluded to thinking I was an idiot for not immediately accepting it when I simply wanted a day or two to mull it over. Once I accepted, he tried to talk to me in to NOT submitting a two week notice at the job I had at the time. He was, for the sake of keeping this non-vulgar, a total sleazeball.

Since Lantek is located in PA and I lived and worked in WV, the benefits package Lantek offered (through UPMC at the time) was absolutely useless to me. It covered zero expenses I had at local hospitals. I had to fight with Lantek to get reimbursement for contacts I ordered using my vision coverage.

There were around 10 coworkers at the client location I worked at that were Lantek employees. They all voiced negative opinions of the gentleman in control of the contract mentioned
  more... above. There was essentially zero communication between Lantek and these employees; Lantek seemed more interested in putting bodies at the client location and then forgetting about them.

The pay rate wasn't necessarily bad in the broad scheme of things, but the client location is known for paying their janitors more than we were making as contracted IT employees that were a huge part of the IT support chain at the client location. Taking that into consideration, we were not adequately compensated for what we were doing and what was expected of us.

Vacation/sick time were one of the biggest perks of working at Lantek. Despite the PTO we were given, there are still complaints. We would have to specifically request to NOT use our sick/vacation time if we needed time off. That in itself isn't entirely terrible, but if the aforementioned gentleman in control of the contract was unavailable to approve employees not using their PTO, it was automatically used and we were told "too bad," as if having someone else available to approve time off without using PTO was some sort of impossibility.

Lastly, I was unfortunately let go from the client location due to a misunderstanding that got blown out of proportion. The gentleman in charge of the contract informed me that I was still a Lantek employee, that they had other sites in the area looking for workers, and he would get in contact with me in regards to placing me at one of those locations. Two days later I received a letter from the head of Lantek informing me I was no longer an employee. The letter ended with "included is paperwork with information related to filing for and collecting unemployment." There was absolutely nothing of the sort included.

Case in point: this is an incredibly unprofessional staffing firm that is quite obviously focused on providing bodies to their clients and nothing more. They do not care about their contractors; they care about their revenue. Do yourself a favor and go to employers directly, using a staffing firm like this is nothing but a detriment to yourself.
Pros
I didn't have to visit their office for any reason
Cons
Literally everything else
sales and procurement
Inside Sales and Procurement/Purchasing (Former Employee) –  Carnegie, PAAugust 6, 2014
small IT company that is growing and does recruitment for many companies in the Pittsburgh Area

2.8