Lanxess Employee Reviews

Awesome job
Chemical Operator (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 12, 2018
Lanxess is awesome job they you can learn a lot some of the people are great the have a great leadership team and great benefits if you go permanent overall good job
Pros
free lunch
Cons
work a lot of days
Great company with great opportunities
President, CEO, Lanxess U.S (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 11, 2017
Lanxess offers numerous opportunities for personal growth, both national as well international. You will always be part of a great team, working to strive for even better results - both for the company as well as for yourself!
I enjoy the culture, one of my favorite things is the fitness center and concern for health and safety
Senior Accountant (Cost) (Current Employee) –  Middlebury, CTAugust 23, 2017
Even though my commute if a little long, I've been with the company for almost 10 years, I think the work/life balance is very fair. My current position is not as exciting, but my first 7 years I learned a lot about my position, and the company. I had opportunities to grow and really enjoyed my managers.
Pros
Pay and benefits are fair, on site fitness center with full time trainer
Cons
department will be relocating
did not like it
Holewatch/Firewatch (Former Employee) –  Orange, TXMay 31, 2017
did not like it at all. rude supervisors an racism and favoritism . wasn't the job for me at all they give hours to the ones they know . an fire who they think a threat.
Still New
Global Supply Chain & Logistics Manager (Current Employee) –  East Hanover, NJMay 17, 2017
Recently acquired from Chemtura by LANXESS. Culture still has not changed. however the culture at Chemtura was friendly however a mentality of a small company is much different than a larger one.
Good place to get experince
Operator (Former Employee) –  Orange, TXApril 20, 2017
I liked the pepole i worked with when i was at Lanxess. The pay was very good at the time i left in 2011 -35.00. Management sucked all they cared about was a line on a graph but thats when the Germans ran it.
good company
prefer not answer (Former Employee) –  prefer not answerNovember 14, 2016
Lanxess, it is a really good company with good benefits. coworkers are nice, and it is a good atmosphere. company is always seeking for innovation.
Trouble company.
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCNovember 8, 2016
This company was set as a start up, to see what steps can be made to get there products approved by the government to sell. Poor management skills, turn over rate was at 90% the first year, constantly training new personnel because of employees lack of interest after they started. Because they came in thinking one way, hen it wasn't peaches and cream.
Assembly Line
Lead Scaffold Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Orange, TXSeptember 20, 2016
• Pack and unpack items to be stocked on shelves in stock rooms , warehouses, or storage yards
• Prepare and maintain records of inventories, price list, shortages, shipments, expenditures, and goods
• Clean and maintain supplies, tools, equipment, and storage areas to ensure compliance with safety regulations
• Examine and inspect stock items for wear or
ok place to work
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  chardon, OhioMarch 7, 2016
try to get pm's completed work on new projects repair broken equiptment. Learned about static clear environment ,not completing required monthly pm's
Pros
great money and benifits
Cons
not able to complete majority of work orders
The local company is small and opportunities limited.
Reliability Manager (Current Employee) –  Orange, TXFebruary 22, 2016
I have had an amazing journey as an engineer within the company. It has been rewarding. However, after moving back State side, the options are limited. I have had multiple rotations at the Orange sites and there hasn't been many changes.

Besides that, my host site feels like home because I have worked with my of my colleagues for a long time. Valuable working relationships have been developed along the way. I will continue to maintain these relationships regardless of my future employer.
Uses/Lies to Temporary Workers
Temporary through Belcan (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 2, 2015
Lanxess brings in temporary workers, gives the temps all the work that actual Lanxess employees won't do and makes them a lot of promises. The safety in Greensboro is terrible. And the managers are very unprofessional.
Pros
Cons
Being lied to for a year and a 1/2
Very good company to work for. We all worked as a team. Good to there employees.
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 2, 2015
There is no typical day. As a Buyer, you wore many hats. I learned about all departments by taking part in continuous improvement projects, The turn over rate is very low. I enjoyed meeting vendors.
Pros
Great healthe care benefits.
Cons
Flex Time
Dinners all the time. Gift cards were given out also.
Operator (Former Employee) –  Orange, Tx.July 9, 2014
Productive work place. Take care of their employees. Safety first, lots of overtime for those that want it.
Productive and pleasant place to work. Everyone pretty much gets along.
Operating Technician (Current Employee) –  Gastonia, NCSeptember 6, 2013
Productive and pleasant place to work. Everyone pretty much gets along. Easy to come to work and do your job without a lot of aggrevation.
Engineer (Current Employee) –  USAAugust 26, 2013
The people are nice and fun to work with. However working for a German Company is not fun. The Germans are very difficult to work with and they act like they own the place. That being said you don't have to deal with them often and the American workers are fun and nice to work with.
Great gorup of guys to work with
Process Operator (Current Employee) –  Orange, TXJuly 17, 2012
• Safe out
• Inspect Final Product for customer
• Change PT filters
• Run Samples
• Test for Total Solids, Mooney, RDB and VM
• Load/ unload various product thru piping system and or Forklift
Fantastic Place to Work
Inventory Planner/Buyer - Basic Chemicals (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 12, 2012
Lanxess is a top notch outfit and is a highly desirable place of employment if you can get a permanent job. Notorious for keeping you on as a contractor for an extended time period.