Laramie County Community College Employee Reviews

The place I got my start, and where I help others get their fresh start
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJuly 19, 2017
Years ago, I came to LCCC to get my start, and now I am blessed to help other get their start or move themselves forward as part of the Workforce Development team!
Dependant upon the Department - It's Wonderful
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJune 15, 2017
For the best understanding, google "Laramie County Community College News"

Depending on where you work on campus, it can be wonderful. But if you're in the wrong areas, it can be problematic. Decisions are often political and rarely based on a need to improve the community. One VP went so far as publicly stating that the school was "not student centered, but process centered."
Great faculty and staff
Biomedical research lab technician and supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMay 27, 2017
Work with NIH and InBre funded research is very exciting and fulfilling. Designing and conducting biomedical biological research for publication and application is the main focus for students.
Ideal for student workers
COMMUNITY ADVISOR/ OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYApril 17, 2017
If you are outgoing and professional it's a great place to work. This is a student position so time management is a necessity. There is no real management to be honest. It's laid back and can be fun. It's fairly simple work, answer the phone in a timely manner, be sure to answer resident questions, and keep a good attitude
Graphic Design related work
STAFF DESIGNER/ILLUSTRATOR/CREATIVE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYFebruary 27, 2017
Graphic designers produce a varied amount of work in web and print media. The environment can be very challenging working with in-house personnel and the varies requests from the college instructors.
I work here for my supervisor
Library Assistant (Current Employee) –  Laramie, WYNovember 20, 2016
I love my job in the library but LCCC offers almost zero advancement opportunity and manipulates the schedules of employees they are already under paying, so as to avoid providing benefits.
Fun
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYApril 14, 2016
I enjoy this position because I enjoy meeting new people, and driving. I see a lot of the cities in Wyoming and other surrounding states. and I get to watch the athletic teams play their games.
Event Staff (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYApril 11, 2016
Love every minute of working here. As a Campus Activities Board member, you are exposed to so many different kinds of people and so many personalities. If you are not used to being around many of your peers, work here, because you will.

It was an amazing experience and I would definitely recommend this job to the college freshman.
Great place to work.
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMarch 31, 2016
Love working here! My boss is great and the people are very nice. The courses are fairly easy to teach as well and their system is good overall.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Pay is a bit low
People friendly workplace
CAMPUS ACTIVITIES PROGRAMMER (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYFebruary 23, 2016
Great place to work with many opportunities to get involved with students and members of the community through events and activities happening around the college.
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYFebruary 10, 2016
Expectations are always known and great support staff. This has been a great opportunity for me. I can honestly say that I enjoy teaching my passion.
Fun Fun Fun
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJuly 17, 2015
Assistant to the administrator for facility management. Establish and maintain office files for correspondence and other documents. Develop and maintain databases and spreadsheets for tracking records. Deliver, route and track critical documentation through channels for key leadership signatures. Coordinate and arrangement of classrooms as required by customers. Answering multiple telephone lines. Greet visitors. Create and distribute signage. 25 hours per week.
Pros
working while at school
Cons
working while at school
Lots of students!
Cafeteria Worker (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJanuary 2, 2015
Prepare for dinner, set up the Exhibition station and/or grill,
Serve students and clean afterwards.
Management was excellent.
CO-workers were friendly.
Serving at rush time.
Dealing with people.
Pros
Always busy.
Cons
Too many people.
Work comes first but a job in the sun is so much fun.
Plant Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJuly 25, 2014
A typical day of work would be getting the job done as well as having a little fun. Putting our learing experience out to perfection because of what we were taught. The hardest part of the job would probably be immigration. And the most enjoyable part of the job is that last our of work when you're fighting to get the job done.
Attending School here was very motivating and satisfactory
Student (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMay 12, 2014
I learned about what it takes to be a confident and caring dental hygienist. The instructors were very caring and made sure we received extra help if we were struggling. I loved having clinic at the college and having my patients who I did re-care appointments with where I could build a lasting rapport with my wonderful patients.
Loved working with Children
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYApril 13, 2014
I had a wonderful classroom, with wonderful peers, and was sad to say good-bye. I had decided to go back to school full-time and get a job that would help in get my foot in the door into the medical field.
Campus Safety and Security
Campus Safety Officer (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJanuary 6, 2014
Enforce campus regulations, campus traffic and parking rules, provide emergency first aid care, monitor public safety and provide limited emergency vehicle assistance. Contact Sheriffs Department when necessary and write up necessary reports on all incidents.
Pros
Interaction with students and faculty in a learning environment
Cons
Not enough hours.
College enviroment
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYDecember 14, 2013
Learned a lot about the college databases, research technology and statistics
Pros
Database and research experiences
Cons
Exceptional community college that values students and helps them progress and grow
President (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYFebruary 3, 2013
Community colleges are sources of exceptional education for students of all ages, including Kids' College at many of the community colleges. At community colleges, it is never too late to start your future.
Pros
progressive institution
Cons
continuous funding issues
Productive Workplace
Integrated Systems Technology Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYOctober 5, 2012
Work study position, helped other students complete assigned lab assignments.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Laramie County Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4