LAREDO MEDICAL CENTER Employee Reviews in United States

All staff needs more appreciation and different ways of recognition from lmc
Med/Surg Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXNovember 29, 2015
I have worked for LMC for long while and thank my former co-workers for the help an they are friendly, funny, and they were like family to me. I really miss them and I'm glad to have worked with Case Managers, PrepNHold Staff , Bed Control, Doctors, Nurses, Telemetry, RT's, PT's,OT's, most of the CNA's.. Mostly all of each department became like family. THANK YOU ALL FOR MAKING ME FEEL WELCOMED and FAREWELL TO ALL..
Pros
U become like family, Good Benefits
Cons
Don't expect a raise, Too much to be expected on your job and no appreciation
Great Environment
Patient Access Rep/ Bed Control (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXSeptember 9, 2015
Working at LMC was a great experience for me. I was able to advance my knowledge by learning more skills every day. My department of Bed Control and Nursing Administration was great team players. We always went an extra mile to make sure patients and family members were satisfied with the service we offered in LMC. Highly recommend LMC for employment.
Pros
Teamwork, great benefits
Cons
short lunch breaks
It's like working with an extended family...
Quality Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Laredo, TXSeptember 1, 2015
I do my job in a good enviroment.Good management, co-workers, etc. After 35 years, I have learned a great deal...of working as a HUC, charge nurse, med-surg director, house supervisor, case manager, Case Management Director, and now quality coordinator.
My skills with the computer has grown tremendously.
Pros
Good cafeteria
Cons
Have to park the furthest away
Assistant Director
Assistant Director of ICU (Current Employee) –  Laredo, TXJuly 31, 2015
Learned about managing an ICU department from hiring of nurses to when an equipment breaks down and needs replacement. Oversaw about 40 employees. Collaborate with physicians, case managers, and other departments regarding patient's current treatment plans and discharge. Finance, budgeting, organization, training, education; all the dynamics required to run an ICU department.
Pros
Great work experience to learn
Cons
Fast paced, extremely busy unit
Working with fast paced coworkers.
ADMITTING CLERK (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXOctober 29, 2015
I like working here but it was difficult for me to get the appropriate training. No one would explain the excpected duties enough.
Pros
Good hours.
Cons
No training was available.
Productive and fun workplace
Health Information Management Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Laredo TexasSeptember 8, 2015
Always meeting productivity standards on a daily basis and also creating a positive and friendly working environment.
Pros
one hour lunch breaks
Cons
half-hour lunch breaks are not enough to eat well
Poor management
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Laredo, TXOctober 14, 2015
Everything is generally poor. No respect from doctors unless you're a nurse. Pay rates are not updated. Very poor management and no room for advancement if you're not a nurse.
Management Constantly Changing
UPS (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXApril 22, 2015
I was only a stock-boy for one department. Didn't roam the hospital, or climb numerous amounts of stories throughout my day. All I did was make sure patients had clean linens in their cabinets and enough bandages and such available for emergencies.
Pros
NA
Cons
no recognition
Great Learning Experience
Pathology Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TexasMay 1, 2015
I learned a lot from the doctors. They are really interested on the well being of the patients. I only worked with the doctors, so I am not able to say anything about the other staff members.
Staff is great compensation is not
NURSE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Laredo, TXFebruary 14, 2015
There is a lot of work, but the hospital is understaffed.
Job compensation is limited.
The staff is great, everyone is very friendly, the managment needs to work on keeping staff satisfied.

The work is very satisfying, there is medical, dental and vision plans and 401 k.
Great opportunity, Great healthcare team
LPN (Current Employee) –  Full-Time/ Night Shift LPN Telemetry Unit NurseDecember 17, 2014
Currently I work in a telemetry unit as a full-time LVN in a healthcare team setting. I really enjoyed the experience attainment I have received working on a telemetry unit, really challenging. Co-workers have become a second family to me, a lot of unity.
Pros
experience, awesome, co-workers, work-around school/work schedule
na
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXOctober 4, 2014
•a typical day at work - escorting patients to their rooms, answering phones in the information desk, er admissions
•what you learned - the computer systems used
•management - leaders were very helpful
•your co-workers - respectful and helpful
•the hardest part of the job - na
•the most enjoyable part of the job - being able to provide excellent customer service
Pros
great location
Cons
na
Bio-Med Intership
Biomedical Engineering Internship (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXJune 6, 2013
In order to graduate I had to do 120 hours of my internship. I ended up putting in 200 hrs. for the internship. My work day consisted of shadowing the bio medical technicians. Perform preventive maintenance on the equipment with the help of the bio medical technician. The equipment I preformed preventive maintenance on were IV pumps, defibrillators, Nurse call system, troubleshooting, and fixed several pillow speakers, patient stations. Prevent maintenance on infusion pumps, hospital beds, Preformed safety checks on surgical monitor and camera towers from the operating room. I did not get paid for this job since it was an internship.
Upper management needs upgrade
Eng. III (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXApril 23, 2015
Good employee relation and benefit are great. Lacking communication overall. No source responsible from upper management....
Pros
Too many chief
Cons
Good benefits
Laredo Medical is a work place that gives you a chance to advance
Nurse Aide II Monitor tech ICU Unit clerk (Former Employee) –  Laredo TxSeptember 6, 2013
Typical day at ICU busy I learn what I know as today
I had the best Mentor my co-workers where as my family
It was mostly easy work when you do what you love
to do helping others everything is relatibly easy
I learn alot working for this Company thats why
I stay over 30 yrs
Pros
some times we the staff didnot have time to take breaks since pts are #-1
Productive and you always learned new things and how to work better as a team
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Laredo,TXJune 4, 2012
Working in LMC lab gave me the opportunity to learn so much and grow as a Phlebotomist but also as a Person. I learnd so much from my co-workers. I also learn from the patients. I learned to have the compassion to understand others.
Pros
willing to work with you around your schedule
Cons
short breaks
enjoyed outpt. day surgery
RN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXAugust 17, 2013
admitted pt. prep for procedure. instructed and educated pt. and family members on what to expect to reduce any fear or concerns. educated pt. and family members on discharge instructions. management was great. co-workers were wonderful, I didn't fine anything hard about the job. enjoyed taking care of pts. of all ages.
Bad management with unfair seniority amongst employees
Emergency Room Admitting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXJanuary 21, 2013
overbearing supervisors that have been there 30+ years and only speak Spanish. Expect employees to do multiple jobs not required as per initial position requirements.
Cons
unrealistic metric expectations and lack of training
easy going work staf
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Laredo, TXNovember 10, 2014
as long as you did your part the team was always happy in helping in anyway possible environment was very easy going work load was overwhelming at times
Great Company
Nutritional Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXOctober 26, 2012
I loved working with this company. When I started working there I didn't have experience in that field, and my co-workers and supervisors helped me in everything I needed. Is a very safe and organized place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LAREDO MEDICAL CENTER. Our community is ready to answer.

LAREDO MEDICAL CENTER Reviews by Location