LAREDO MEDICAL CENTER

LAREDO MEDICAL CENTER Employer Reviews

Unethical Leadership Encounter
Receptionist (Former Employee), Laredo, TexasMay 28, 2014
Majority of hospital staff are friendly and willing to offer assistance in learning processes and procedures. However, department supervisor from my department made derogatory remarks.
Excellent working environment
Security Officer (Former Employee), Laredo, TXNovember 13, 2013
Good place to work. Every employee was friendly and polite. Learned to many things every day by providing assistance to employees, staff and visitors. By providing a safe environment to the facility.
Laredo Medical is a work place that gives you a chance to advance
Nurse Aide II Monitor tech ICU Unit clerk (Former Employee), Laredo TxSeptember 6, 2013
Pros: some times we the staff didnot have time to take breaks since pts are #-1
Typical day at ICU busy I learn what I know as today
I had the best Mentor my co-workers where as my family
It was mostly easy work when you do what you love
to do helping others everything is relatibly easy
I learn alot working for this Company thats why
I stay over 30 yrs
enjoyed outpt. day surgery
RN Charge Nurse (Former Employee), Laredo, TXAugust 17, 2013
admitted pt. prep for procedure. instructed and educated pt. and family members on what to expect to reduce any fear or concerns. educated pt. and family members on discharge instructions. management was great. co-workers were wonderful, I didn't fine anything hard about the job. enjoyed taking care of pts. of all ages.
Bio-Med Intership
Biomedical Engineering Internship (Former Employee), Laredo, TXJune 6, 2013
In order to graduate I had to do 120 hours of my internship. I ended up putting in 200 hrs. for the internship. My work day consisted of shadowing the bio medical technicians. Perform preventive maintenance on the equipment with the help of the bio medical technician. The equipment I preformed preventive maintenance on were IV pumps, defibrillators, – more... Nurse call system, troubleshooting, and fixed several pillow speakers, patient stations. Prevent maintenance on infusion pumps, hospital beds, Preformed safety checks on surgical monitor and camera towers from the operating room. I did not get paid for this job since it was an internship. – less
Bad management with unfair seniority amongst employees
Emergency Room Admitting Clerk (Former Employee), Laredo, TXJanuary 21, 2013
Cons: unrealistic metric expectations and lack of training
overbearing supervisors that have been there 30+ years and only speak Spanish. Expect employees to do multiple jobs not required as per initial position requirements.
exciting, great enviornment
Security Officer (Current Employee), Laredo, TXJanuary 15, 2013
post change so the day doesnt seem long.
Director will work with you to get days you want.
Team work among co-workers.
Biomedical Technician II/Sterilizer Specialist (Former Employee), Laredo, TXJanuary 14, 2013
They hired people that they don't know nothing of biomed. I'm talking about the managment. The Bmet's Team are good co-workers.
apply if you dare
employee (Former Employee), lNovember 24, 2012
Upper management encourages clocking out from work but staying in hospital to finish documentation hence working for free

High turnover rate in hospital due to highly unsafe staffing levels ex in telemetry floor 9 patient to 1 nurse or 1 cna or 36 patients

Therefore high incidence of falls and complaints very poor quality of care

No lunch at times – more... and is still deducted

Administration is unconcerned with safety issues but ravenous about cost cutting measures and profiteering at expense of employees and patients

Overall badly managed, no respect from admin, run away from this organization – less
Great Company
Nutritional Services Assistant (Former Employee), Laredo, TXOctober 26, 2012
I loved working with this company. When I started working there I didn't have experience in that field, and my co-workers and supervisors helped me in everything I needed. Is a very safe and organized place to work.
Productive and you always learned new things and how to work better as a team
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Laredo,TXJune 4, 2012
Pros: willing to work with you around your schedule
Cons: short breaks
Working in LMC lab gave me the opportunity to learn so much and grow as a Phlebotomist but also as a Person. I learnd so much from my co-workers. I also learn from the patients. I learned to have the compassion to understand others.