Largo Medical Center Employee Reviews

Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLFebruary 17, 2017
Only worked there for a short amount of time. Didn't really get the full feel of the work place. Just worked as assigned. Lay back atmosphere. Friendly co-workers.
Pros
lay back atmosphere
great place to work
Charge Nurse- Behavioral Health (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLFebruary 11, 2017
great place to work, sad when I had to leave due to re-location with my family. management was great, good compensation with money and benefits and time off.
Great co-workers, but terrible company in general
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLJanuary 16, 2017
HCA cares about money only. Nurses are always short staffed and the ICU nurses are pushed to care for patients that are critical and still be tripled and short staff. No resources to help when needed. Its sink or swim .
Great learning experience as a new nurse.
Registered Nurse Med-Surg Floor Staff (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLJanuary 11, 2017
Great learning experience as a new nurse. Able to put my skills to use and build on them. Management and co-workers are great. Hardest part of job is sometimes getting overwhelmed because it can get busy. Most enjoyable part i have great co-workers who are willing to help.
Enjoyable work environment in a teaching hospital
Night Staff Nurse/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLDecember 11, 2016
Night Shift RN Charge nurse on a 12 bed geriatric psychiatric unit. Co-workers were dedicated, young, and competent. Hardest part of the job was to see how dementia ravages the brain and reduces the quality of life for older individuals. The best part of the job of psych nurse is to see patients come into the hospital in crisis and leave with hope for the future and a support system in place
Pros
Pleasant working environment. Staff like family
Cons
Unable to reach management at night when needed
Great place to work- will work hard
RN Medical ICU (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLOctober 20, 2016
Heavy work load in ICU. ICU responded to codes. This made it more stressful and difficult. Friendly coworkers, always helpful.
Management attentive to staff needs.
Pros
Friendly coworkers, always helpful
Cons
Heavy work load.
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLOctober 4, 2016
This was a general hospital lab. I worked all the areas. People were very nice. The pace was very nice most of the time. I made some lifetime friends there.
a day at work
Registrar Emergency Room (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLOctober 26, 2015
Registered Patients, Learned to be very patients with everyone. Followed all Policies, work together to get all information, not any hard part of the job, help a patients understand there insurance.
Fair
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLOctober 18, 2015
Generally understaffed on the floor. Patient load is significant to each nurse. Low moral amongst staff that have been there a long time. Lots of opportunity in adult care.
Cons
Breaks frequently do not happen.
Its an ok place to gain experience in the hospial setting
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLOctober 16, 2015
Its an ok place to start in the medical field in order to gain hospital experience. The company could pay their workers a lot more than what they are getting paid now.
Pros
the hours
Cons
the food, the pay, the lack of staff, and the lack of appreciation for C.N.A.'s
Amazing company to work with
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLAugust 11, 2015
A family-type of environment where everyone smiles and takes pride in their work. Best co-workers I have ever worked with.
Poor upper management
Nursing (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLAugust 6, 2015
Hours are typical for hospital setting. Nurses are 12 hour shifts, administration M-F hours vary, days. Poor management overall of this facility. Upper management very far removed from everyday processes of workforce. High turnover rate. Benefits packages are minimally competitive to other similar companies. As a for-profit facility, every penny is squeezed and resources are scarce to perform job to maximum efficiency. Poor overall working environment.
Pros
Not so much
Cons
Poor management of company
Superior
Senior Coordinator/Asst Vice President (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLAugust 6, 2015
Throughout the years of all the experience that I gained working for these companies has just been getting me higher up in my work. I love the challenge and always willing to learn.
Productive and positive coworker that were fun to work with
Supervisor Claudia Delgado (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLJune 24, 2015
My day would begin with finding what floor my patients were located on. looking at the notes in the chart for any previous place they had been such as Skilled or Assisted Living. Discussed discharge plan with Dr, Pt and family. Sent clinical to insurance company as well as the facility that patient would be going to or home health as well. If they needed DME that was set up before they left the facility. IV therapy as well. My coworkers were a great resource when I had difficulty placing or finding resources for the patient. The hardest part of this job was finding placement or resources for those without insurance. The most enjoyable part of this job was when I could find placement and resources for those without insurance. Management here was very supportive of the Case Managers.
Pros
Networking with all the facilities
Cons
Finishing patient care in an 8 hour day.
Do not advise working @ LMC
Student Nurse 4B (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLJune 2, 2015
Horrible pay, they over work you and management is atrocious! I worked there more than a year and am thankful to no longer be employed there
Great starting work for a healthcare professional
Operating Room Assistant (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLMay 15, 2015
This job is ideal for a person who wishes to work in the Operating Room as a nurse, doctor, or anesthesia tech.
Co-workers are hard workers, however some do not excel at the pace of others.
Largo med ctr
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLMarch 15, 2015
Good job. Loved the interaction with the public. Very fast paced as well. Found it to be yet another non team player atmosphere but I did whatever I had to do to help others and do my own work as well
Pros
MEETING PEOPLE
Cons
THE FAVORITISM SHOWED
Busy Emergency Department
Night Shift Charge Nurse in a busy (Current Employee) –  Belaire BeachFebruary 20, 2015
Although LMC is a busy Emergency Department, the Medical, and Nursing Staff, are wonderful people to work with. The mutual respect the staff has for one another is apparent. The care that is delivered by the staff is excellent, and up to date. The hardest part of this job would be that there is not adequate staff for all of the shifts.
Pros
My friendships
Cons
lack of adequate staff.
Professional and friendly Environment
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLFebruary 17, 2015
The staff at Largo Medical Center is friendly and eager to help one another to provide quality patient care. We strive to be the best and treat the patients as family. The most difficult aspect is keeping the nurse to patient ratios down to 4-5 patients per nurse. Most days on the Med surg floors an RN will have 5-6 patients. Our hospital overall is a nice place to work.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Nurse to patient ratios
Excellent place to work. My co-workers are team players. I am surrounded by competent staff.
Relief Charge RN for a rehabilitation unit (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLJanuary 14, 2015
Pros
Make my own schedule, tuition reimbursement
Cons
floating a lot

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Largo Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Largo Medical Center Reviews by Location