Largo Medical Center Employee Reviews

Do not advise working @ LMC
Student Nurse 4B (Former Employee), Largo, FLJune 2, 2015
Horrible pay, they over work you and management is atrocious! I worked there more than a year and am thankful to no longer be employed there
Great starting work for a healthcare professional
Operating Room Assistant (Current Employee), Largo, FLMay 15, 2015
This job is ideal for a person who wishes to work in the Operating Room as a nurse, doctor, or anesthesia tech.
Co-workers are hard workers, however some do not excel at the pace of others.
lARGO MED CTR
Admissions Representative (Former Employee), Largo, FLMarch 15, 2015
Pros: meeting people
Cons: the favoritism showed
GOOD JOB. LOVED THE INTERACTION WITH THE PUBLIC. VERY FAST PACED AS WELL. FOUND IT TO BE YET ANOTHER NON TEAM PLAYER ATMOSPHERE BUT I DID WHATEVER I HAD TO DO TO HELP OTHERS AND DO MY OWN WORK AS WELL
Busy Emergency Department
Night Shift Charge Nurse in a busy (Current Employee), Belaire BeachFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: my friendships
Cons: lack of adequate staff.
Although LMC is a busy Emergency Department, the Medical, and Nursing Staff, are wonderful people to work with. The mutual respect the staff has for one another is apparent. The care that is delivered by the staff is excellent, and up to date. The hardest part of this job would be that there is not adequate staff for all of the shifts.
Professional and friendly Environment
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Largo, FLFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: nurse to patient ratios
The staff at Largo Medical Center is friendly and eager to help one another to provide quality patient care. We strive to be the best and treat the patients as family. The most difficult aspect is keeping the nurse to patient ratios down to 4-5 patients per nurse. Most days on the Med surg floors an RN will have 5-6 patients. Our hospital overall is a nice place to work.
Excellent place to work. My co-workers are team players. I am surrounded by competent staff.
Relief Charge RN for a rehabilitation unit (Current Employee), Largo, FLJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: make my own schedule, tuition reimbursement
Cons: floating a lot
Largo Medical
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Largo, FLNovember 10, 2014
Largo Medical was great. A typical day included patients, drawing blood, and great co-workers! I learned a lot their especially got more comfortable drawing blood. Management was so nice and so motivating as well as the co-workers. The hardest part was waking up at 3am but leave at 12p was great. The best though was making my patients feel good.
My co-workers are fantastic
Business Development/CRS (Current Employee), Largo Medical CenterOctober 19, 2014
There is no typical day with this job. My current role changes from day to day which makes setting goals for myself almost impossible. My co-workers and I work great together and we do have fun.
A complete disconnect between management and team associates.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Largo, FLOctober 10, 2014
Pros: excellent income and helping people.
Cons: short staffing always an issue, and losing patients is difficult at times.
Typical day at work was taking care of critically ill patients and the family as a unit in difficult times. Learning as a bedside nurse is a continual process of learning. I performed charge nurse duties and rapid response team. My co-workers were excellent, however highly stressed much of the time due to understaffing. The hardest part of the job was managing critical situations while understaffed. The most enjoyable part was saving peoples lives.
Management Needs To Get A Clue!
Minion (Current Employee), Largo, FLSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: peers
Cons: management
If you like working for an organization where the management staff from Directors all the way up to the CEO are clueless about how to work with staff and foster an atmosphere of cohesiveness and teamwork, then Largo Medical Center is your place. They talk about their Mission, but they fall short on actually delivering quality care to patients at the expense of the employees.
Education, Skilled, Policies, and procedural.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Largo, FLJuly 17, 2014
Pros: learning techniques
Cons: short breaks
This was and is a very good place of employment and it treated persons with dignity, integrity, and respect.
Enjoyed helping people with their quality of life.
Equipment Manager/Inventory Manager (Former Employee), Largo, FLMay 30, 2014
Pros: excellent staff, great benefits, employee events.
Cons: being terminated.
Working at Largo Medical Center was a great experience. many wonderful people that i had a chance to make friends with both personally and professionally. My title was equipment manager and i had many responsibilities which i took very seriously. My main concern every single day was to make sure the patients had the best possible care and the best quality of life as possible during their stay. And i believe i accomplished that every day i was there with the help of a tremendously professional nursing staff. I will miss them. But i will also miss other great people and personalities that i made good friends with. Yes it was a great learning experience.
Stressful Work Environment
Fomer Employee (Former Employee), Largo, FLMay 16, 2014
Pros: hard working staff
Cons: very understaffed and poor management!
I liked my job, but the atomsphere hospitalwide was extremely stressful!
Busy
Certified Anesthesia Technician II (Current Employee), LargoMarch 28, 2014
The hardest part about my job is I am by myself on my shift. There are four techs on dayshift and only one on the evening. So your night is very stressful. I love helping patients and the dynamics of Anesthesia.
Nice clean enviroment with fun people.
Travel therapist (Current Employee), Largo, FLMarch 21, 2014
Pros: helpful co-workers and clean enviroment.
Cons: cafateria closed on night shift.
It was nice working with this company. They are fair and honest about what they expect from you.
Just like any other job out there, a work place has it's ups and downs. Overall, the people are honest, helpful and fun to be around.
great place to work
Patient Care Technician-Orthopedic (Current Employee), Largo, FLNovember 16, 2013
great place to work, and helpful staff and a place that is very patient centered.
Would not work here if I knew how it was going to be
OR Supply Tech (Former Employee), Largo, FLOctober 12, 2013
Cons: low pay, lousy hours, poor management
Worked here 9 months as OR Supply Tech. On feet the entire time there except for the 30 minutes for work, run around like crazy, pay was poor for the amount of work that you had to do, was moved to a different floor where I had no idea what to do, was written up for,then let go a few weeks later for poor work performance. Poor management.
Nursing Management condescending with favoritism rampant
Former employee (Former Employee), largoSeptember 28, 2013
Pros: a job
Cons: poor management, low pay.
This place will under pay you and still boast record profits, while meetings wont release the positive numbers, it will be where we need to improve. Be ready to see DCF when the incidents start piling up with cheap labor that they love to put into charge positions.
travel friendly
Seasonal Nurse (Former Employee), Largo, FLSeptember 4, 2013
Enjoyed working at this facility coworkers were very helpful and friendly great patient stisfaction
Excellent team staff, works well together. Mgt-open door policy
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Largo, FLAugust 27, 2013
Pros: location, physicians, excellent managment, mission statement
Cons: 7p-7a shift
Most challenging part of this position is working the 7p-7a shift. The most rewarding is when the patient is leaving much better then when they came, they hug you and tell you thank you! Priceless...