Largo Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Fair
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLOctober 18, 2015
Generally understaffed on the floor. Patient load is significant to each nurse. Low moral amongst staff that have been there a long time. Lots of opportunity in adult care.
Cons
Breaks frequently do not happen.
Its an ok place to gain experience in the hospial setting
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLOctober 16, 2015
Its an ok place to start in the medical field in order to gain hospital experience. The company could pay their workers a lot more than what they are getting paid now.
Pros
the hours
Cons
the food, the pay, the lack of staff, and the lack of appreciation for C.N.A.'s
Amazing company to work with
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLAugust 11, 2015
A family-type of environment where everyone smiles and takes pride in their work. Best co-workers I have ever worked with.
Poor upper management
Nursing (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLAugust 6, 2015
Hours are typical for hospital setting. Nurses are 12 hour shifts, administration M-F hours vary, days. Poor management overall of this facility. Upper management very far removed from everyday processes of workforce. High turnover rate. Benefits packages are minimally competitive to other similar companies. As a for-profit facility, every penny is squeezed and resources are scarce to perform job to maximum efficiency. Poor overall working environment.
Pros
Not so much
Cons
Poor management of company
Superior
Senior Coordinator/Asst Vice President (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLAugust 6, 2015
Throughout the years of all the experience that I gained working for these companies has just been getting me higher up in my work. I love the challenge and always willing to learn.
Productive and positive coworker that were fun to work with
Supervisor Claudia Delgado (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLJune 24, 2015
My day would begin with finding what floor my patients were located on. looking at the notes in the chart for any previous place they had been such as Skilled or Assisted Living. Discussed discharge plan with Dr, Pt and family. Sent clinical to insurance company as well as the facility that patient would be going to or home health as well. If they needed DME that was set up before they left the facility. IV therapy as well. My coworkers were a great resource when I had difficulty placing or finding resources for the patient. The hardest part of this job was finding placement or resources for those without insurance. The most enjoyable part of this job was when I could find placement and resources for those without insurance. Management here was very supportive of the Case Managers.
Pros
Networking with all the facilities
Cons
Finishing patient care in an 8 hour day.
Do not advise working @ LMC
Student Nurse 4B (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLJune 2, 2015
Horrible pay, they over work you and management is atrocious! I worked there more than a year and am thankful to no longer be employed there
Great starting work for a healthcare professional
Operating Room Assistant (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLMay 15, 2015
This job is ideal for a person who wishes to work in the Operating Room as a nurse, doctor, or anesthesia tech.
Co-workers are hard workers, however some do not excel at the pace of others.
Largo med ctr
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLMarch 15, 2015
Good job. Loved the interaction with the public. Very fast paced as well. Found it to be yet another non team player atmosphere but I did whatever I had to do to help others and do my own work as well
Pros
meeting people
Cons
the favoritism showed
Busy Emergency Department
Night Shift Charge Nurse in a busy (Current Employee) –  Belaire BeachFebruary 20, 2015
Although LMC is a busy Emergency Department, the Medical, and Nursing Staff, are wonderful people to work with. The mutual respect the staff has for one another is apparent. The care that is delivered by the staff is excellent, and up to date. The hardest part of this job would be that there is not adequate staff for all of the shifts.
Pros
my friendships
Cons
lack of adequate staff.
Professional and friendly Environment
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLFebruary 17, 2015
The staff at Largo Medical Center is friendly and eager to help one another to provide quality patient care. We strive to be the best and treat the patients as family. The most difficult aspect is keeping the nurse to patient ratios down to 4-5 patients per nurse. Most days on the Med surg floors an RN will have 5-6 patients. Our hospital overall is a nice place to work.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
nurse to patient ratios
Excellent place to work. My co-workers are team players. I am surrounded by competent staff.
Relief Charge RN for a rehabilitation unit (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLJanuary 14, 2015
Pros
make my own schedule, tuition reimbursement
Cons
floating a lot
Largo Medical
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLNovember 10, 2014
Largo Medical was great. A typical day included patients, drawing blood, and great co-workers! I learned a lot their especially got more comfortable drawing blood. Management was so nice and so motivating as well as the co-workers. The hardest part was waking up at 3am but leave at 12p was great. The best though was making my patients feel good.
My co-workers are fantastic
Business Development/CRS (Current Employee) –  Largo Medical CenterOctober 19, 2014
There is no typical day with this job. My current role changes from day to day which makes setting goals for myself almost impossible. My co-workers and I work great together and we do have fun.
A complete disconnect between management and team associates.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLOctober 10, 2014
Typical day at work was taking care of critically ill patients and the family as a unit in difficult times. Learning as a bedside nurse is a continual process of learning. I performed charge nurse duties and rapid response team. My co-workers were excellent, however highly stressed much of the time due to understaffing. The hardest part of the job was managing critical situations while understaffed. The most enjoyable part was saving peoples lives.
Pros
excellent income and helping people.
Cons
short staffing always an issue, and losing patients is difficult at times.
Management Needs To Get A Clue!
Minion (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLSeptember 4, 2014
If you like working for an organization where the management staff from Directors all the way up to the CEO are clueless about how to work with staff and foster an atmosphere of cohesiveness and teamwork, then Largo Medical Center is your place. They talk about their Mission, but they fall short on actually delivering quality care to patients at the expense of the employees.
Pros
peers
Cons
management
Education, Skilled, Policies, and procedural.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLJuly 17, 2014
This was and is a very good place of employment and it treated persons with dignity, integrity, and respect.
Pros
learning techniques
Cons
short breaks
Enjoyed helping people with their quality of life.
Equipment Manager/Inventory Manager (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLMay 30, 2014
Working at Largo Medical Center was a great experience. many wonderful people that i had a chance to make friends with both personally and professionally. My title was equipment manager and i had many responsibilities which i took very seriously. My main concern every single day was to make sure the patients had the best possible care and the best quality of life as possible during their stay. And i believe i accomplished that every day i was there with the help of a tremendously professional nursing staff. I will miss them. But i will also miss other great people and personalities that i made good friends with. Yes it was a great learning experience.
Pros
excellent staff, great benefits, employee events.
Cons
being terminated.
Stressful Work Environment
Fomer Employee (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLMay 16, 2014
I liked my job, but the atomsphere hospitalwide was extremely stressful!
Pros
hard working staff
Cons
very understaffed and poor management!
Busy
Certified Anesthesia Technician II (Current Employee) –  LargoMarch 28, 2014
The hardest part about my job is I am by myself on my shift. There are four techs on dayshift and only one on the evening. So your night is very stressful. I love helping patients and the dynamics of Anesthesia.