LaRosa's Employee Reviews

I loved working at LaRosas. It is a great, clean place to work that is very organized
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Centerville, OHJanuary 8, 2017
LaRosas was a great place to work. Everything was always clean and organized so you had no problem finding what you needed. The staff was wonderful to work with and very helpful. After a few months of working there, my manager allowed me to be a server/bartender. The customers and staff seemed to be so nice compared to the place I worked afterwards. If I hadn't moved to Middletown, Ohio I would have never switched jobs.
Pros
Free lunches, breaks, respect from my coworkers, clean and organized workplace
Cons
No benefits
Easy laid back work environment
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Newport, KYSeptember 15, 2016
It was actually as fun environment to work in, co-workers are friendly and very helpful to the people new on the crew. Managment is pretty laid back and easy going, only thing they ask for you to be on time learn the food on the menu. There is plenty of room to grown and expand your career with larosa's pizza!!
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Have to make time for your own breaks
fun place to work good people
Cook (Current Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHJuly 14, 2016
At typical say at work is making food. I learned that you need to have product control you can't put to much of one thing on food. Management has chaged a few times since ive been there but its good. Coworkers are awesome. The hardest part of the job would be finding something to do when you are slow. The easiet part of the job is prep in the morning.
Pros
Free pizza, rondo, calzone, and flatbread
Cons
No breaks schedule in not the same week to week
Easy Job
Chef (Former Employee) –  Independence, KYJanuary 3, 2017
Was a very easy place to work. Would get a little hectic from time to time however was never anything that couldn't be handled. The manager was an awesome guy. Were very good with scheduling.
Fun
Server (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 6, 2017
Working here was always a new day. The employees never have a dull day. Even the managers make the workplace fun. Clean restaurant great people awesome food.
Simplistic
Kitchen Lead (Current Employee) –  Florence, KYSeptember 21, 2015
A typical day I would come in and make pizzas, pull the oven, supervise trainees, and make hoagies.
I learned that some customers are going to be angry with you no matter what you do, but a positive attitude must be maintained.
The management at LaRosas is very lenient and laid back compared to most places.
Co-workers are very friendly, almost like a family after being there for 3 years, but they can also be very lazy.
Hardest part of the job is when our experienced cooks all schedule off on a specific day and I have to watch the front and the kitchen to make sure the beginners aren't crashing.
Most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with co-workers and most of the customers, social interaction is a must for me in a work environment.
Pros
Simplistic, Easy, Lax, Friendly, Flexible
Cons
Laziness among co-workers, Schedule posted 3 days before next work week
Easy going, sociable, workplace
serving (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, OHFebruary 24, 2016
Working with many different people, surrounded by great co-workers and supported with great bosses. Balancing multiple tables can be tough, but it helps you learn how to handle stressful situations well.
Fast paced fun place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 27, 2013
A typical day at work would be delivering food to customers, reading the order to make sure I don't forget anything. I would also help prepare some of the orders. I learned organizational and time management skills from this job. I had to put the food that was being delivered in an order that would save me time. Since most of my pay came from tips I had to make sure I didn't forget anything and everything was done in a timely manner. Management was not the best. When there were problems they would ignore them instead of dealing with them. I liked my co-workers because we as a team solved any problems we had with professionalism. The hardest part of the job was learning the streets and the quickest route to take to get the best results. The most enjoyable part of the customer interaction.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Puts a lot of miles on your car
N/a
Cook (Current Employee) –  Amelia, OHFebruary 5, 2016
I am a typical line cook at Larosa's. I am crossed trained in more than one area of the kitchen. I wish I had more chances to branch out and do other jobs such as carry-out.
decent size eating area crowds we okay during the weekend
Server (Former Employee) –  Springdale, OhMay 7, 2015
the day was very fast paced and you were busy soyour work hours went quickly the tips were decent but serving just lunch you wouldn't get anymore then 5 tables because the amount of servers they woukd have working with you. you did a lot of prepping before the customers would come but it kept you busy, getting salads together as well as dressings folding pizza boxed cleaning you section. The coworkers i worked with i liked for the most part and managers were decent. hardest part of the job was the space in the kitchen is quite small so i felt like the servers were constantly bumping into each other and the tickets that are printed would =nt be visible so you could have your tables food get mixed up and taken out by someone else.
Pros
50% off food
Cons
no breaks no insurance coverage

Want to know more about LaRosa's?

Ask a question
A great work environment.
Server/Host/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Springdale, OHApril 1, 2014
Working at Larosa's give you a chance to work individually and as a team. The relationship between the staff and management is great and they provided reviews of your work. Great communication skills. You have a chance to grow with this company.
Face paces and fun
Server (Former Employee) –  Township of Liberty, OHMarch 18, 2013
Attended to customers, took orders and served food. Management was friendly. Hardest part about working was working with people who couldn't catch on to the work flow. The most enjoyable part was working with people who felt like friends all the time.
Friendly managment, pay is based on performance
Server supervisor (Former Employee) –  beechmont ave, ohioJuly 16, 2012
I served here for 2 years and found that every day is different depending on customers. Management has always been good to me and pay was to be expected in the service industry.
Productive and a fun place to work
Server/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 3, 2015
I enjoy my time at Larosa's, the manager's treat you as if you are equal to them. My co-workers are fun and uplifting, they help you out when you really need it. My typical work day consist of folding boxes, rolling silverware, and running dishes and putting them away all while serving the customers with great customer service.
Pros
Free meals and 50% off your purchase.
Great place to work as a teenager.
Server (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OhioAugust 13, 2013
Great for a first job or a job while in school. Management in inconsistent.
Fun with the callers
Customer Service/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 13, 2014
I would come into work and start taking phone calls to place orders. My co-workers were fine some I didn't see everyday because we worked opposite days. The most enjoyable part was talking to different people from all over and making them smile and laugh and assuring them that the phone call was going to make the day better.
Cons
Short breaks, Not many hours
A great job but not career
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Harrison, OHFebruary 16, 2015
LaRosa's was a friendly place to work with more ups than downs. Thje pay was great but inconsistent hours often made it difficult to make a living. I loved the job but the inconsistent pay eventually became too problematic.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Inconsistent hours
Great family oriented franchise to work for.
Server (Current Employee) –  Crescent Springs, KYMay 26, 2015
Larosa's is a great company, with great employees. While working there, not only did I get to build friendships with my co-workers, but I got to know my customers as well.
fun, laid back work place
Server (Former Employee) –  Saint Bernard, OHApril 11, 2012
I learned alot of responsabily from this job. A great first job. I think it maybe what made me want to work with the public.
Pros
discounts on food
Cons
no breaks some days
Hostess
Cashier/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHJuly 27, 2014
I was a hostess here and although I didn't get paid that much I also didn't make enough either and they would send people home after two hours of being there!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LaRosa's. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9