LaRosa's Employee Reviews

Fast pace yet laid back work enviroment
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 3, 2017
An easy and fun place to work if you're looking for some extra money part-time. As a driver, you're paid an hourly wage and compensated for mileage. The tips vary on the day, but they will definitely make the driver position fun and something to look forward to. The managers are laid back and easy to get along with as long as you show up for your shift.
Pros
Tips, flexible hours
Cons
No benefits
A good place to work
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Orab, OHSeptember 27, 2017
For me it was to go in set up my steam tables get things started for my prep person coming in then I had to get the money out of the safe and input in the computer count and make sure everything came out even, do the deposit, go to the bank, make sure i have a server, driver and kitchen help all ready and where they needed to be. If it was order day I would do my count and then place my order, make sure all rotation was done. Help crew if they needed it, do my temperature charts and anything else that needed to be done.
Pros
Free lunches, great people to work with
Cons
To far from home
Excellent source of income.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Oxford, OHSeptember 9, 2017
Pizza delivery is very popular in college towns and you have the opportunity to make professional wages with tips and commission. Excellent job for anyone needing quick cash.
Pros
Great tips.
Cons
Wear and tear on your personal vehicle.
Hard working and fast paced.
Server / Host (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 13, 2017
Come in to Larosa's work a morning shift and a night shift servind up to 6 tables at a time sometimes more. My latest manager was lazy and sat behind the counter on his phone the whole time and wasn't much help. Other then the management, the people there were very nice and easy to get along with. Hardest part was getting sometimes up to 8 tables at a time so you really had to multi task. For the most part the customers were really enjoyable and easy to get along with.
Flexible job for a stepping stone
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 3, 2017
Great for moms and students for flexible hours.
You can develop new relationships with your co workers.
After 2 years you are eligible for vacation hours.
Pros
Flexible hours for moms and students
Cons
If your a server it can be hit or miss for tios.
Really enjoyed my time here
Cook (Former Employee) –  Cold Spring, KYMarch 21, 2017
Great place to work, great managers, super personable and understanding, work good shifts, cooks start at $7.50 which is rough compared to most other comparable restaurants. Left because I could get more elsewhere, otherwise great experience
Pros
50% off up to $20, Flexible, Good Managers
Cons
Lower than average pay, open late
Fun place to work and management is well organized.
Server (Former Employee) –  Mt. Orab, OHFebruary 24, 2017
The workplace is fun and organized. The management is well-trained and they are great people. You are well taken care of there and it is a happy place to work.
Driver/ Server
Sever / Driver (Former Employee) –  Batesville, INFebruary 19, 2017
Maintained point of sales with the customer. Managed money and cashing out customers. Delivered company product to customer's home in a timely manner.
Pros
Flexable hours
Cons
pay was low
Typical restaurant job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHFebruary 3, 2017
Managers don't care about you or anyone, will work you to death and give you no praise or decent compensation, no benefits, etc. Bad hours, rude customers, managers who don't care.
Pros
Not a whole lot, tips were ok
Cons
Pretty much everything
the job itself
Top cook (Former Employee) –  Dry Ridge, KYJanuary 19, 2017
my typical day would be, i would go in unlock the door, turn the lights on, set the kitchen u, turn on he ovens, set out utensils. i would do prep like, slice tomatoes and onions.
I loved working at LaRosas. It is a great, clean place to work that is very organized
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Centerville, OHJanuary 8, 2017
LaRosas was a great place to work. Everything was always clean and organized so you had no problem finding what you needed. The staff was wonderful to work with and very helpful. After a few months of working there, my manager allowed me to be a server/bartender. The customers and staff seemed to be so nice compared to the place I worked afterwards. If I hadn't moved to Middletown, Ohio I would have never switched jobs.
Pros
Free lunches, breaks, respect from my coworkers, clean and organized workplace
Cons
No benefits
Fun
Server (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 6, 2017
Working here was always a new day. The employees never have a dull day. Even the managers make the workplace fun. Clean restaurant great people awesome food.
Easy Job
Chef (Former Employee) –  Independence, KYJanuary 3, 2017
Was a very easy place to work. Would get a little hectic from time to time however was never anything that couldn't be handled. The manager was an awesome guy. Were very good with scheduling.
Easy laid back work environment
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Newport, KYSeptember 15, 2016
It was actually as fun environment to work in, co-workers are friendly and very helpful to the people new on the crew. Managment is pretty laid back and easy going, only thing they ask for you to be on time learn the food on the menu. There is plenty of room to grown and expand your career with larosa's pizza!!
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Have to make time for your own breaks
fun place to work good people
Cook (Current Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHJuly 14, 2016
At typical say at work is making food. I learned that you need to have product control you can't put to much of one thing on food. Management has chaged a few times since ive been there but its good. Coworkers are awesome. The hardest part of the job would be finding something to do when you are slow. The easiet part of the job is prep in the morning.
Pros
Free pizza, rondo, calzone, and flatbread
Cons
No breaks schedule in not the same week to week
Easy going, sociable, workplace
serving (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, OHFebruary 24, 2016
Working with many different people, surrounded by great co-workers and supported with great bosses. Balancing multiple tables can be tough, but it helps you learn how to handle stressful situations well.
N/a
Cook (Current Employee) –  Amelia, OHFebruary 5, 2016
I am a typical line cook at Larosa's. I am crossed trained in more than one area of the kitchen. I wish I had more chances to branch out and do other jobs such as carry-out.
Simplistic
Kitchen Lead (Current Employee) –  Florence, KYSeptember 21, 2015
A typical day I would come in and make pizzas, pull the oven, supervise trainees, and make hoagies.
I learned that some customers are going to be angry with you no matter what you do, but a positive attitude must be maintained.
The management at LaRosas is very lenient and laid back compared to most places.
Co-workers are very friendly, almost like a family after being there for 3 years, but they can also be very lazy.
Hardest part of the job is when our experienced cooks all schedule off on a specific day and I have to watch the front and the kitchen to make sure the beginners aren't crashing.
Most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with co-workers and most of the customers, social interaction is a must for me in a work environment.
Pros
Simplistic, Easy, Lax, Friendly, Flexible
Cons
Laziness among co-workers, Schedule posted 3 days before next work week
Productive and a fun place to work
Server/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 3, 2015
I enjoy my time at Larosa's, the manager's treat you as if you are equal to them. My co-workers are fun and uplifting, they help you out when you really need it. My typical work day consist of folding boxes, rolling silverware, and running dishes and putting them away all while serving the customers with great customer service.
Pros
Free meals and 50% off your purchase.
Great family oriented franchise to work for.
Server (Current Employee) –  Crescent Springs, KYMay 26, 2015
Larosa's is a great company, with great employees. While working there, not only did I get to build friendships with my co-workers, but I got to know my customers as well.