Las Colinas Medical Center

Las Colinas Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and good place to work
Unit Secretary/Telemetry Technician (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 17, 2014
Las Colinas Medical Center is a clean and caring Hospital. There's room for Improvement. The enjoyable part of the job is teamwork and flexible schedules. The hardest part of the job is work overload. My co-workers are very kind and friendly. The management is very organized. What I learned is to work together.
Pros
safe place to work.
Cons
work load can be crazy sometimes.
Patient care not top priority for management
FULL TIME/PRN (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 14, 2013
Management's priority was census vs employees and often RN's were required to work understaffed.
High priority placed on patient education and discharge follow up.
On-Call hours allowed for autonomous patient care and critical thinking.
Pros
high priority placed on education for patients and employees
Cons
understaffing
I enjoy working at Las Colinas because of the opportunity they have giving me to run the sterile processing here
Lead Tech (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 31, 2013
It is an excellent place to work. The staff here is great Management care for the employees here. Your voice will be heard on the ideas you come up with to make things better in the department
Pros
flexible with your schedule when the case load is slow
High Traffic, Demanding Work Environment
Administrative Assistant/Operations & Nursing (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 3, 2013
A typical day at work consisted of the following:
Reviewing calendars for the office executives
Preparing all the materials and information necessary for their daily meeting,
Fielding all incoming calls to the Administration office
Updating policies and procedures
Contract management
I learned to use Compliance 360 to create, track and update policies, I learned the contract management process, from creation to implementation.
My management team and co-workers were more like family than bosses and co-workers.
The hardest part of the job was handling patient complaints; however, finding solutions for their problems and seeing their gratitude was one of the most enjoyable things of the job.
Pros
the management team, my office counterpart/co-worker, & benefits
Cons
the company downsizing that occurred march 2013.
Ok place to work`
Registrar/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 31, 2012
the patients are what keep you going, there is always a new face, someone to help and something to do. the management team is not what i would consider to be "fair". Beautiful work environment but the ethics of some employees is very discouraging.
Pros
beautiful hospital
Cons
ethics
Place that makes you feel at home. Very friendly and unified.
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 9, 2012
Created great memories, even though I only stayed for a year. It was a great place to work. They were flexible with my schedule at the time
Pros
staff lunches
Cons
short breakes
Friendly staff and knowledgeable supervisors.
Therapy Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 28, 2013
A typical day, working as a therapy coordinator, involves everything from answering phones and greeting patients to communicating with Dr.s and staff regarding patient treatment details and specific instruction for treatment. Maintaining this position, for two and a half years, has taught me how to multitask, prioritize, communicate, organize, and follow specific instructions and procedures. I have direct communication with all therapists and a close working relationship with the therapy supervisor. When any of the therapy staff needs information, instruction or help with tasks, paperwork and the like, they come to the department coordinator first. The most enjoyable part of this job is being able to make a difference in a patient's day. A smile, joke and word of encouragement go a long way.
Pros
healthcare, free gym access, flexibility for student schedule, caffeteria discount (chargeable through badge system).
Cons
30 min lunch breaks, strict limit of 40hrs/wk, low budget could not meet need for helpful tools.
small, fun,friendly place to work.....
Unit Coordinator/Radiology/PBX Operator (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 21, 2014
typical day consists of handling the safety and positive care of our patients
Pros
meeting new people on a daily basis
Cons
not enough work flow
Beautiful Campus and Friendly Staff
Secretary- Part-time Medical Staff Services (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 19, 2014
Everyone is very friendly. Nobody passes anyone without speaking to one another. I've been able to learn how many different departments throughout the hospital works because in addition to my department. However, this has also been a disadvantage because I am only a part-time employee and when the position would be filled I wouldn't be able to earn more hours which effected my income. My co-workers are very supportive of my professional and personal life, always willing to help and make sure I maximize my work experience at all times. The hardest part of the job are the constant changes to policies not being relayed to the employees outside of Directors/Managers. The most enjoyable part of working at Las Colinas Medical Center is that it's a beautiful, well kept campus that's always being updated and the employee engagement activities that are available to ALL employees.
Pros
monthly contests, payroll deducted lunches, etc
Cons
healthcare benefits costs for part time employees differ from full time employees
an excellent hospital and great company
Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 23, 2013
Las Colinas Medical Center has exceptional general surgeons that were great to work with.
The surgical staff worked well as a team.
Family oriented work enviroment
Echo Technician (Former Employee) –  6800 N Macarthur Blvd Irving TX 75039May 14, 2014
Everyone knows everyone. There is a true kind atmosphere to the work environment. The one ups are always approachable.
Pros
the insentives
Phlebotomist
Phlebotomist/Preceptor (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 1, 2013
I am currently working as a PRN phlebotomist. This position allows me to be flexible by working when need and staying current on my phlebotomy skills.
Hotel quality service
Birth Log Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 23, 2014
All I can say is Teamwork. A great place to work, and very flexible with your hours.
Pros
lactation team
Cons
hi turn over rates.
I performed my duties as an ultrasound technician
Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 10, 2013
I helped other technicians and prepared my room and scanned patients as an ultrasound technican
It was and ok job It's a busy place
Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 15, 2014
I was SPD tech. Anes. Tech. Scrub Tech. I kept busy and filled in when I was needed.