Las Cruces Public Schools Employee Reviews

Great Experience
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJune 21, 2017
Overall great place to be. Great experience, in the teaching field. Room to progress and coach in the schools. The advancement to expand your education and those lives around.
Pros
Schedule time off
Cons
Not as competitive pay compared to other school districts
Great staff of caring educators and leaders.
Maintenance Custodial (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMApril 24, 2017
A typical day finds me exposed to great people of stature and heart. I've learned that being positive is the beginning of knowledge and very rewarding. Management strives to uphold its employees in a respectful and dignified manner. The culture is of a "oneness" approach...if one fails all fail. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with young children with ambitions and rambunctiousness. The most enjoyable would be watching educators of each grade do their best to prepare a child for another grade and being able to contribute to the success of a child.
Pros
Watch children grow and mature.
Cons
Witnessing children that have problems at home.
School Psychologist (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMApril 10, 2017
Good place to work. Would recommend it to a friend. Decent pay. Good supervisor. Knowledgeable employees. Hard working. Pay could be a bit better. Overall good.
Interesting experience
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJanuary 29, 2017
I was able to see firsthand how difficult it was to work in this school district. I thought student teaching was hard this was way worse. Teachers expected miracles and hardly anyone helped. The kids went crazy and it was exhausting
Pros
Meeting new people, learning new skills
Cons
Lack of support, rude people
great environment
PAINTING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJanuary 9, 2017
great people to work with teach you different thinks about paints and how to paint certain things with what brushes and which ones to not use. great work place
Great work environment, steady employment
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMDecember 29, 2016
Steady paced work environment. Always be willing to help and satisfy the customer. Offer suggestive selling as much as possible, be positive and productive. Always have team workl
Typical school district with minimal pay and benefits.
Classroom Teacher (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMNovember 22, 2016
As in all districts pay is minimal for outside work required and benefits are expensive. Paycheck is half tax and insurance every two weeks. Much more is required than job description.
Lcps
Special Education Teacher (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMAugust 26, 2016
I enjoy working with the students and their families. The overall love and compassion I have for every student on my case load and the students who aren't, is what drives me to work as hard as I can everyday.
Office Manager & Finance (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMMay 4, 2016
The educators were amazing, they cared about the students & went above and beyond for them. It wasn't just a staff, it was a family.
Fun and secure
Building Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMApril 12, 2016
I have been with the School district for about 10 years now. Benefits are great however, the pay is it little low for various positions.
Comfortable learning place
Classroom Intern, Clyde Tombaugh Elementary School (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMMarch 20, 2016
I enjoy working with all of the students and the staff as well. i like working with people and helping out as much as i can. The administration really cares about the children and the staff.
Pros
Nice teachers
fun workplace
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMMarch 9, 2016
awesome to work with, interacting with the students (Pre K to 5th grades) lots of fun..
Participate in special events for the school like, fieldtrips and special programs.. Free school merchandise for food services workers. Love the working hours from 7:30 am to 1:30. Off on every holiday an during winter break, spring break, and summer break. Love been off with my kids.
Pros
Free Lunch and Breakfast
Cons
6 hours daily not enough hours.
Simple Productive work to Advance the School.
Gournds Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMFebruary 22, 2016
Well a typical day as a Grounds Keeper would be arriving to work early and receive any orders for the day from our supervisor or we would process regular maintenance with the schools facility.
Pros
Fun Work Outdoors, Work on your own time schedule.
Cons
Hot wheather conditions and co workers.
Productive and enjoyable
Bilingual Educational Assistant (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJanuary 1, 2016
A typical day @ work is supporting students with the academic skills that they need to be successful in their academic path.
I get along with all the people I work with on a regular basis.

The hardest part of my job is trying how to explain things in a different ways or strategies so that the students can understand it.
Poor training and follow through
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMDecember 13, 2015
It depends what school you go to on that given day.
The training for new Employees Is terrible,they basically just throw you out there.Then when you go to schools they all assume you know everything about the job or have done everything so they just say go do this or that with no details of how to do it then get Irratated when you ask them to explain or they just leave you standing around doing nothing because nobody wants to take the time to explain.
Working with Children
Special Education Educational Assistant (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMNovember 12, 2015
I enjoy working with children and making a difference in their lives even if just a little. The schedule is great as well as the environment. There is room for some growth and able to transfer different positions, but the rate of pay for the amount of work is not very competitive.
Pros
Set schedule, summers off.
Cons
Pay
Place of opportunities, to expand skills, associate with parents and administrative personnel
Assistant Secretary/Conlee Elementary (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMOctober 26, 2015
Las Cruces Public Schools offers a diversity of positions, allowing a person to expand and learn new skills. Provides opportunities to grow with organization in knowledge in various programs. Personnel encourages your growth and assist in training to achieve a position with your particular talents.
Pros
Hours are reasonable, get winter holidays with pay, and some positions allow for summer months off with pay.
Cons
Healthcare is very expensive.
Rewarding to work with Special Education children
Assistant Teacher H.E.A.R. Reading Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMApril 7, 2015
Within my 8 years experience working in the public schools, I really enjoying teaching children, and learning all aspects of special needs children.
Pros
great co-workers, enjoyed my job
Cons
pay rate
productive and fun work place
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMMarch 19, 2015
I learned everything about inventory hoe the store is ran how to find things how to keep store inventory in line I love working with all my co workers I learned different approaches to do things to get them done in a time management way
A interactive and productive way to enrich students lives
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMMarch 7, 2015
Being able to work in Las Cruces Public Schools has given many opportunities to work within many different schools throughout the community. Through this opportunity I have been able to introduce myself to great teachers throughout the Las Cruces community. It has given me the experience of working with multiple students on multiple levels of education. I love how interactive I can be with the students during the school day while working on their lessons. I have also been able to see how different schools are run throughout the Las Cruces district and how well the staff works together as grade levels.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Las Cruces Public Schools. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4