Las Cruces Public Schools

Las Cruces Public Schools Employee Reviews

Rewarding to work with Special Education children
Assistant Teacher H.E.A.R. Reading Coordinator (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMApril 7, 2015
Pros: great co-workers, enjoyed my job
Cons: pay rate
Within my 8 years experience working in the public schools, I really enjoying teaching children, and learning all aspects of special needs children.
productive and fun work place
Assistant Director (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMMarch 19, 2015
I learned everything about inventory hoe the store is ran how to find things how to keep store inventory in line I love working with all my co workers I learned different approaches to do things to get them done in a time management way
A interactive and productive way to enrich students lives
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Las Cruces, NMMarch 7, 2015
Being able to work in Las Cruces Public Schools has given many opportunities to work within many different schools throughout the community. Through this opportunity I have been able to introduce myself to great teachers throughout the Las Cruces community. It has given me the experience of working with multiple students on multiple levels of education. I love how interactive I can be with the students during the school day while working on their lessons. I have also been able to see how different schools are run throughout the Las Cruces district and how well the staff works together as grade levels.
Fun
Summer Spruce Up Crew (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMFebruary 11, 2015
Overall a very fun and hands on job. Defently would recommend to anyone looking for a fun energetic job. It is also a very informative job where you will learn a lot.
n/a
Substitute Food Services Worker (Former Employee), Las CrucesJanuary 21, 2015
Prepared food for the las cruces public schools. Best part was working with the ladies.
My teaching experiences!
Kindergarten Teacher (Current Employee), Las Cruces, NMJuly 13, 2014
I have been a Kindergarten teacher for about 30 years now. I love this grade level. You see so much progress from the start of a school year to the end. Kiddos at this age are eager to learn and are little sponges. My students this past year came up with a mission statement which reads: " I come to school to learn. I want to be a Smarty Pants." That says it all ! With the Commom Core in place now, kindergarten students are required to learn so much more and many students walk out of kindergarten reading ! It is a joy to celebrate the small successes of each individual student as they grow and learn on a daily basis. I have taught in a half day setting way back when and have taught a full day kinder class for the past several years. It's incredible all we....students and I, can accomplish in a full day setting. School becomes so much a part of little 5 year old's learning and social day.

I learn as my kindergartners learn! Technology is so much a part of our everyday and I have had to learn how to implement the tools of technology in the classroom setting. I continue to learn everyday!

I have worked with a wonderful team of kindergarten teachers the past several years. It's an asset to be able to collaborate with my grade level colleagues. We share learning activities, backwards plan our 9 week Common Core benchmarks, create and implement CFA's, share common field trips so all of our little guys get the same experience and we often share lunch together to interact with one another either educationally or personally. We have a good working relationship and often it spills over – more... to our personal lives for barbecues, a graduation, baby shower, etc. Being a part of a team is a very positive experience.

For me, perhaps the hardest part of the job is to see the kids who pass through my classroom and are neglected or abused in their home environment. School is a safe haven for them often times. School is a place where they can have at least 2 meals, interact with other children, feel a positive connection with their teacher as another adult and experience a sense of value.

As I mentioned before, celebrating the little successes that come individually with kindergarten children, has to be the best part of my job! To know that you make a difference in small children's lives is priceless. And when you see these children many years later when they are in college or have children of their own and they still remember you and when some have placed their children in your classroom.....you know you've made an impact on a child !

I have always worked in low income schools and perhaps that is why the little things make such an impact to my little kiddos and the growth is so obvious to me as a teacher.

I think I have always been a teacher, even since I was a child myself. I am the oldest of 10 brothers and sisters and growing up in a large family and being the oldest, put me in a teaching position with my younger siblings. – less
Productive educational setting for K-5 students.
Reading Teacher (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMMay 22, 2014
Pros: working with the students....and working with seniors, who are just lovely people.
Cons: all i can think of are the good things about working with students.
I enjoyed working at LCPS for 15 years, but have now retired. It was a great place to work, and I loved working with the students. A typical day for me was getting to school an hour early to get some planning time in. I then worked with the teachers in every classroom to give extra support in reading and math to K-5 students. The best part of this job was the friendships I made with the students and their families. I loved working with children.

I now have moved to Keller, and am looking for work -preferably with senior care or with students. I took care of my elderly mother for years, and realize the need for patient and comforting companions and helpers to assist the elderly in their daily lives.
excellent benefits
Electrician (Current Employee), Las Cruces, NMApril 30, 2014
co-workers are all team players, benefits and paid time off, maintenance type of work - mostly on kitchen equipment and lighting at all schools in the district.
Fun place to work with great administration
Technology Teacher (Current Employee), Las Cruces, NMApril 10, 2014
Great co-workers. Hardest thing is disciplining students - lots of discipline problems.
Love working Here
5th Grade Teacher - Sunrise Elementary School (Current Employee), Las Cruces, NMFebruary 12, 2014
I have a supportive administration and 5th grade team. We work well together to help our students excel.
Inviting Staff
Substitue (Current Employee), Las Cruces, NMFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: cleanliness
I have worked at multiple different elementary school in the district. The employees are overall inviting and very friendly. They are helpful when you are in need.
LCPS
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Las Cruces, NMNovember 17, 2013
Pros: enjoy working with kids
Cons: no healthcare
Each day is different and the age group of students is also different. The staff and co workers at most school are very friendly and helpful. Getting to know the students is great
New environments
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMJuly 18, 2013
Pros: independence
Cons: you never know what you are going to deal with.
It is challenging to step into a teachers classroom and the students know it. But to gain control in the first 5 minutes will set the tone for the rest of the day. Most schools are very appreciative that you are there because there is such a shortage of substitute teachers.
District STARS Coordinator (Current Employee), Las Cruces, NMMarch 14, 2013
Pros: time off
Cons: pay freeze for last 3 years.
Employees do have a shared goal of educating students. Sometimes bureacracy can get in the way.

Managers are flexible in work/life issues. Best perks are the time off including two weeks in December in addition to the three weeks of accrued vacation.
busy and fast paced environment. had lots fun with the staff
Food Services Worker (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMJanuary 31, 2013
I learned hard work does pay off. Being bale to help out and work with your coworkers. the management was fair and hard working. The hardest part was having to stock the walk in freezer. And my favorite part of the job was lunch time for the children. Seeing there happy little faces. Taking a break from class time and saying hi to me everyday.
Ever Changing
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Las Cruces, NMJune 9, 2012
Pros: can take jobs when you want to
Cons: subs don't get benefits
I enjoy substituting at LCPS most of the schools that I have been to have been amazing to work for and with. I would recommend anyone to try working for the district. Salary depends on your level of education. Since I am a certified teacher I make 62.00 a day, not bad.
Great place for those who love fast pace
Food Service sub (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMMay 17, 2012
this is the place you want to work if you love working under pressure. Also it teaches how to work with different people. i loved it i learned how to work as a team member.
Procuctrive as far as seeing the growth of our children progress in all aspects of their edcucation and personal interaction with others their own age
Education Assistant (Former Employee), Las Cruces, New MexicoFebruary 15, 2012
Pros: health care, and work shops
Cons: salary
I enjoyed watching and helping these children grow and become independent, Kindergarden is my most enjoyable position, but also was able to experience assistant secretary at Picacho Elementary back in 1994.