Las Cruces Public Schools Employee Reviews

Interesting experience
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJanuary 29, 2017
I was able to see firsthand how difficult it was to work in this school district. I thought student teaching was hard this was way worse. Teachers expected miracles and hardly anyone helped. The kids went crazy and it was exhausting
Pros
Meeting new people, learning new skills
Cons
Lack of support, rude people
Great work environment, steady employment
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMDecember 29, 2016
Steady paced work environment. Always be willing to help and satisfy the customer. Offer suggestive selling as much as possible, be positive and productive. Always have team workl
Typical school district with minimal pay and benefits.
Classroom Teacher (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMNovember 22, 2016
As in all districts pay is minimal for outside work required and benefits are expensive. Paycheck is half tax and insurance every two weeks. Much more is required than job description.
great environment
PAINTING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJanuary 9, 2017
great people to work with teach you different thinks about paints and how to paint certain things with what brushes and which ones to not use. great work place
Lcps
Special Education Teacher (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMAugust 26, 2016
I enjoy working with the students and their families. The overall love and compassion I have for every student on my case load and the students who aren't, is what drives me to work as hard as I can everyday.
fun workplace
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMMarch 9, 2016
awesome to work with, interacting with the students (Pre K to 5th grades) lots of fun..
Participate in special events for the school like, fieldtrips and special programs.. Free school merchandise for food services workers. Love the working hours from 7:30 am to 1:30. Off on every holiday an during winter break, spring break, and summer break. Love been off with my kids.
Pros
Free Lunch and Breakfast
Cons
6 hours daily not enough hours.
Simple Productive work to Advance the School.
Gournds Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMFebruary 22, 2016
Well a typical day as a Grounds Keeper would be arriving to work early and receive any orders for the day from our supervisor or we would process regular maintenance with the schools facility.
Pros
Fun Work Outdoors, Work on your own time schedule.
Cons
Hot wheather conditions and co workers.
Comfortable learning place
Classroom Intern, Clyde Tombaugh Elementary School (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMMarch 20, 2016
I enjoy working with all of the students and the staff as well. i like working with people and helping out as much as i can. The administration really cares about the children and the staff.
Pros
Nice teachers
Cons
Poor training and follow through
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMDecember 13, 2015
It depends what school you go to on that given day.
The training for new Employees Is terrible,they basically just throw you out there.Then when you go to schools they all assume you know everything about the job or have done everything so they just say go do this or that with no details of how to do it then get Irratated when you ask them to explain or they just leave you standing around doing nothing because nobody wants to take the time to explain.
Productive and enjoyable
Bilingual Educational Assistant (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJanuary 1, 2016
A typical day @ work is supporting students with the academic skills that they need to be successful in their academic path.
I get along with all the people I work with on a regular basis.

The hardest part of my job is trying how to explain things in a different ways or strategies so that the students can understand it.
Fun and secure
Building Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMApril 12, 2016
I have been with the School district for about 10 years now. Benefits are great however, the pay is it little low for various positions.
Office Manager & Finance (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMMay 4, 2016
The educators were amazing, they cared about the students & went above and beyond for them. It wasn't just a staff, it was a family.
Place of opportunities, to expand skills, associate with parents and administrative personnel
Assistant Secretary/Conlee Elementary (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMOctober 26, 2015
Las Cruces Public Schools offers a diversity of positions, allowing a person to expand and learn new skills. Provides opportunities to grow with organization in knowledge in various programs. Personnel encourages your growth and assist in training to achieve a position with your particular talents.
Pros
Hours are reasonable, get winter holidays with pay, and some positions allow for summer months off with pay.
Cons
Healthcare is very expensive.
Working with Children
Special Education Educational Assistant (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMNovember 12, 2015
I enjoy working with children and making a difference in their lives even if just a little. The schedule is great as well as the environment. There is room for some growth and able to transfer different positions, but the rate of pay for the amount of work is not very competitive.
Pros
Set schedule, summers off.
Cons
Pay
A interactive and productive way to enrich students lives
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMMarch 7, 2015
Being able to work in Las Cruces Public Schools has given many opportunities to work within many different schools throughout the community. Through this opportunity I have been able to introduce myself to great teachers throughout the Las Cruces community. It has given me the experience of working with multiple students on multiple levels of education. I love how interactive I can be with the students during the school day while working on their lessons. I have also been able to see how different schools are run throughout the Las Cruces district and how well the staff works together as grade levels.
Procuctrive as far as seeing the growth of our children progress in all aspects of their edcucation and personal interaction with others their own age
Education Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, New MexicoFebruary 15, 2012
I enjoyed watching and helping these children grow and become independent, Kindergarden is my most enjoyable position, but also was able to experience assistant secretary at Picacho Elementary back in 1994.
Pros
health care, and work shops
Cons
salary
busy and fast paced environment. had lots fun with the staff
Food Services Worker (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJanuary 31, 2013
I learned hard work does pay off. Being bale to help out and work with your coworkers. the management was fair and hard working. The hardest part was having to stock the walk in freezer. And my favorite part of the job was lunch time for the children. Seeing there happy little faces. Taking a break from class time and saying hi to me everyday.
Productive educational setting for K-5 students.
Reading Teacher (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMMay 22, 2014
I enjoyed working at LCPS for 15 years, but have now retired. It was a great place to work, and I loved working with the students. A typical day for me was getting to school an hour early to get some planning time in. I then worked with the teachers in every classroom to give extra support in reading and math to K-5 students. The best part of this job was the friendships I made with the students and their families. I loved working with children.

I now have moved to Keller, and am looking for work -preferably with senior care or with students. I took care of my elderly mother for years, and realize the need for patient and comforting companions and helpers to assist the elderly in their daily lives.
Pros
Working with the students....and working with seniors, who are just lovely people.
Cons
All I can think of are the good things about working with students.
Ever Changing
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJune 9, 2012
I enjoy substituting at LCPS most of the schools that I have been to have been amazing to work for and with. I would recommend anyone to try working for the district. Salary depends on your level of education. Since I am a certified teacher I make 62.00 a day, not bad.
Pros
can take jobs when you want to
Cons
subs don't get benefits
District STARS Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMMarch 14, 2013
Employees do have a shared goal of educating students. Sometimes bureacracy can get in the way.

Managers are flexible in work/life issues. Best perks are the time off including two weeks in December in addition to the three weeks of accrued vacation.
Pros
time off
Cons
pay freeze for last 3 years.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Las Cruces Public Schools. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5