Las Cruces Public Schools Employee Reviews in United States

Fun and secure
Building Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMApril 12, 2016
I have been with the School district for about 10 years now. Benefits are great however, the pay is it little low for various positions.
Comfortable learning place
Classroom Intern, Clyde Tombaugh Elementary School (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMMarch 20, 2016
I enjoy working with all of the students and the staff as well. i like working with people and helping out as much as i can. The administration really cares about the children and the staff.
Pros
Nice teachers
fun workplace
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMMarch 9, 2016
awesome to work with, interacting with the students (Pre K to 5th grades) lots of fun..
Participate in special events for the school like, fieldtrips and special programs.. Free school merchandise for food services workers. Love the working hours from 7:30 am to 1:30. Off on every holiday an during winter break, spring break, and summer break. Love been off with my kids.
Pros
Free Lunch and Breakfast
Cons
6 hours daily not enough hours.
Simple Productive work to Advance the School.
Gournds Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMFebruary 22, 2016
Well a typical day as a Grounds Keeper would be arriving to work early and receive any orders for the day from our supervisor or we would process regular maintenance with the schools facility.
Pros
Fun Work Outdoors, Work on your own time schedule.
Cons
Hot wheather conditions and co workers.
Productive and enjoyable
Bilingual Educational Assistant (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJanuary 1, 2016
A typical day @ work is supporting students with the academic skills that they need to be successful in their academic path.
I get along with all the people I work with on a regular basis.

The hardest part of my job is trying how to explain things in a different ways or strategies so that the students can understand it.
Poor training and follow through
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMDecember 13, 2015
It depends what school you go to on that given day.
The training for new Employees Is terrible,they basically just throw you out there.Then when you go to schools they all assume you know everything about the job or have done everything so they just say go do this or that with no details of how to do it then get Irratated when you ask them to explain or they just leave you standing around doing nothing because nobody wants to take the time to explain.
Working with Children
Special Education Educational Assistant (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMNovember 12, 2015
I enjoy working with children and making a difference in their lives even if just a little. The schedule is great as well as the environment. There is room for some growth and able to transfer different positions, but the rate of pay for the amount of work is not very competitive.
Pros
Set schedule, summers off.
Cons
Pay
Place of opportunities, to expand skills, associate with parents and administrative personnel
Assistant Secretary/Conlee Elementary (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMOctober 26, 2015
Las Cruces Public Schools offers a diversity of positions, allowing a person to expand and learn new skills. Provides opportunities to grow with organization in knowledge in various programs. Personnel encourages your growth and assist in training to achieve a position with your particular talents.
Pros
Hours are reasonable, get winter holidays with pay, and some positions allow for summer months off with pay.
Cons
Healthcare is very expensive.
Rewarding to work with Special Education children
Assistant Teacher H.E.A.R. Reading Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMApril 7, 2015
Within my 8 years experience working in the public schools, I really enjoying teaching children, and learning all aspects of special needs children.
Pros
great co-workers, enjoyed my job
Cons
pay rate
productive and fun work place
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMMarch 19, 2015
I learned everything about inventory hoe the store is ran how to find things how to keep store inventory in line I love working with all my co workers I learned different approaches to do things to get them done in a time management way
A interactive and productive way to enrich students lives
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMMarch 7, 2015
Being able to work in Las Cruces Public Schools has given many opportunities to work within many different schools throughout the community. Through this opportunity I have been able to introduce myself to great teachers throughout the Las Cruces community. It has given me the experience of working with multiple students on multiple levels of education. I love how interactive I can be with the students during the school day while working on their lessons. I have also been able to see how different schools are run throughout the Las Cruces district and how well the staff works together as grade levels.
Fun
Summer Spruce Up Crew (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMFebruary 11, 2015
Overall a very fun and hands on job. Defently would recommend to anyone looking for a fun energetic job. It is also a very informative job where you will learn a lot.
n/a
Substitute Food Services Worker (Former Employee) –  Las CrucesJanuary 21, 2015
Prepared food for the las cruces public schools. Best part was working with the ladies.
My teaching experiences!
Kindergarten Teacher (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJuly 13, 2014
I have been a Kindergarten teacher for about 30 years now. I love this grade level. You see so much progress from the start of a school year to the end. Kiddos at this age are eager to learn and are little sponges. My students this past year came up with a mission statement which reads: " I come to school to learn. I want to be a Smarty Pants." That says it all ! With the Commom Core in place now, kindergarten students are required to learn so much more and many students walk out of kindergarten reading ! It is a joy to celebrate the small successes of each individual student as they grow and learn on a daily basis. I have taught in a half day setting way back when and have taught a full day kinder class for the past several years. It's incredible all we....students and I, can accomplish in a full day setting. School becomes so much a part of little 5 year old's learning and social day.

I learn as my kindergartners learn! Technology is so much a part of our everyday and I have had to learn how to implement the tools of technology in the classroom setting. I continue to learn everyday!

I have worked with a wonderful team of kindergarten teachers the past several years. It's an asset to be able to collaborate with my grade level colleagues. We share learning activities, backwards plan our 9 week Common Core benchmarks, create and implement CFA's, share common field trips so all of our little guys get the same experience and we often share lunch together to interact with one another either educationally or personally. We have a good working relationship and often it spills over
  more... to our personal lives for barbecues, a graduation, baby shower, etc. Being a part of a team is a very positive experience.

For me, perhaps the hardest part of the job is to see the kids who pass through my classroom and are neglected or abused in their home environment. School is a safe haven for them often times. School is a place where they can have at least 2 meals, interact with other children, feel a positive connection with their teacher as another adult and experience a sense of value.

As I mentioned before, celebrating the little successes that come individually with kindergarten children, has to be the best part of my job! To know that you make a difference in small children's lives is priceless. And when you see these children many years later when they are in college or have children of their own and they still remember you and when some have placed their children in your classroom.....you know you've made an impact on a child !

I have always worked in low income schools and perhaps that is why the little things make such an impact to my little kiddos and the growth is so obvious to me as a teacher.

I think I have always been a teacher, even since I was a child myself. I am the oldest of 10 brothers and sisters and growing up in a large family and being the oldest, put me in a teaching position with my younger siblings.
Productive educational setting for K-5 students.
Reading Teacher (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMMay 22, 2014
I enjoyed working at LCPS for 15 years, but have now retired. It was a great place to work, and I loved working with the students. A typical day for me was getting to school an hour early to get some planning time in. I then worked with the teachers in every classroom to give extra support in reading and math to K-5 students. The best part of this job was the friendships I made with the students and their families. I loved working with children.

I now have moved to Keller, and am looking for work -preferably with senior care or with students. I took care of my elderly mother for years, and realize the need for patient and comforting companions and helpers to assist the elderly in their daily lives.
Pros
working with the students....and working with seniors, who are just lovely people.
Cons
all i can think of are the good things about working with students.
excellent benefits
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMApril 30, 2014
co-workers are all team players, benefits and paid time off, maintenance type of work - mostly on kitchen equipment and lighting at all schools in the district.
Fun place to work with great administration
Technology Teacher (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMApril 10, 2014
Great co-workers. Hardest thing is disciplining students - lots of discipline problems.
Love working Here
5th Grade Teacher - Sunrise Elementary School (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMFebruary 12, 2014
I have a supportive administration and 5th grade team. We work well together to help our students excel.
Inviting Staff
Substitue (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMFebruary 6, 2014
I have worked at multiple different elementary school in the district. The employees are overall inviting and very friendly. They are helpful when you are in need.
Pros
cleanliness
Lcps
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMNovember 17, 2013
Each day is different and the age group of students is also different. The staff and co workers at most school are very friendly and helpful. Getting to know the students is great
Pros
enjoy working with kids
Cons
no healthcare

4.6