Las Cruces Public Schools

Las Cruces Public Schools Employer Reviews

Fun place to work with great administration
Technology Teacher (Current Employee), Las Cruces, NMApril 10, 2014
Great co-workers. Hardest thing is disciplining students - lots of discipline problems.
Love working Here
5th Grade Teacher - Sunrise Elementary School (Current Employee), Las Cruces, NMFebruary 12, 2014
I have a supportive administration and 5th grade team. We work well together to help our students excel.
Inviting Staff
Substitue (Current Employee), Las Cruces, NMFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: cleanliness
I have worked at multiple different elementary school in the district. The employees are overall inviting and very friendly. They are helpful when you are in need.
LCPS
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Las Cruces, NMNovember 17, 2013
Pros: enjoy working with kids
Cons: no healthcare
Each day is different and the age group of students is also different. The staff and co workers at most school are very friendly and helpful. Getting to know the students is great
District STARS Coordinator (Current Employee), Las Cruces, NMMarch 14, 2013
Pros: time off
Cons: pay freeze for last 3 years.
Employees do have a shared goal of educating students. Sometimes bureacracy can get in the way.

Managers are flexible in work/life issues. Best perks are the time off including two weeks in December in addition to the three weeks of accrued vacation.
busy and fast paced environment. had lots fun with the staff
Food Services Worker (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMJanuary 31, 2013
I learned hard work does pay off. Being bale to help out and work with your coworkers. the management was fair and hard working. The hardest part was having to stock the walk in freezer. And my favorite part of the job was lunch time for the children. Seeing there happy little faces. Taking a break from class time and saying hi to me everyday.
workplace is good to work
Food Service worker (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMAugust 6, 2012
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks, need better supervisor and more team work
The schools are good to work, but it needs improvement in how supervisor handle the work area and needs more people to work as a team.
Ever Changing
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Las Cruces, NMJune 9, 2012
Pros: can take jobs when you want to
Cons: subs don't get benefits
I enjoy substituting at LCPS most of the schools that I have been to have been amazing to work for and with. I would recommend anyone to try working for the district. Salary depends on your level of education. Since I am a certified teacher I make 62.00 a day, not bad.
Great place for those who love fast pace
Food Service sub (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMMay 17, 2012
this is the place you want to work if you love working under pressure. Also it teaches how to work with different people. i loved it i learned how to work as a team member.
Procuctrive as far as seeing the growth of our children progress in all aspects of their edcucation and personal interaction with others their own age
Education Assistant (Former Employee), Las Cruces, New MexicoFebruary 15, 2012
Pros: health care, and work shops
Cons: salary
I enjoyed watching and helping these children grow and become independent, Kindergarden is my most enjoyable position, but also was able to experience assistant secretary at Picacho Elementary back in 1994.